• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Someone did a retrospective on Spoony, his rise and fall.

So, I got kind of nostalgic for his old reviews and am watching a couple.

I liked him back in the day but he's kinda gone to hell now
Who is Spoony again?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who is Spoony again?
He's from That guy with the glasses

He was a big part of their last movie but was fired shortly after

There is actually a conspiracy theory about his firing because it of stuff that happened around it and what instigated it was Obscurus Lupa bringing up an old tweet by Spoony where he made a BDSM joke and Lupa called it a "**** joke".

Leaving TGWTG didn't actually hurt his career, if anything with patreon he was doing better than ever.

What killed his career was his laziness and ego and how poorly he treated his fans.

Interestingly, Lupa was fired sometime after that over skype

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So.

Our winners so far have been...

Jack Sparrow
Sam the Eagle
Jack Sparrow (Again)
Tippi
Pharah

4 Champions so far.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
>Sees Flandre (This gonna be gewd...)
>Flandre Vs Ash (U.N Owen was your loss, Ash)
>Flandre dies at the end.
Goddamit Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei . -_- GG well played to Pharah. Time to bring out the trumpets for our beloved vampire.

In all seriousness, that was pretty fun to read. I wouldn't object to more in the future.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

That SJ ending could of been better.
Kind of sad that it didn't end well overall for Jack. Of course, I did call the "why isn't she dead" thing right away. But time travel is something that's easy for me to understand. My issue with the ending is it's a time paradox. How can she bring him back in time if he's dead? Welp.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Kind of sad that it didn't end well overall for Jack. Of course, I did call the "why isn't she dead" thing right away. But time travel is something that's easy for me to understand. My issue with the ending is it's a time paradox. How can she bring him back in time if he's dead? Welp.
I'm more sad that the ending was directed by Sonic the Hedgehog. :4sonic:

"Gotta go fast!"

"but shouldn't we make a more elaborate ending?"

"Gotta go fast, *****."

But that's just my opinion. It wasn't necessarily a BAD ending. Just really rushed, in my opinion. But it don't matter, cause that's the capper of one of my childhood memories. And honestly, it could of been much worse. In fact, it was alright. I'd watch it again.

But not for awhile. I need some time to take in that ending. I'm still a bit salty over the matter.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm more sad that the ending was directed by Sonic the Hedgehog. :4sonic:

"Gotta go fast!"

"but shouldn't we make a more elaborate ending?"

"Gotta go fast, *****."

But that's just my opinion. It wasn't necessarily a BAD ending. Just really rushed, in my opinion. But it don't matter, cause that's the capper of one of my childhood memories. And honestly, it could of been much worse. In fact, it was alright. I'd watch it again.

But not for awhile. I need some time to take in that ending. I'm still a bit salty over the matter.
Agreed. I think more could've been done. I wouldn't mind seeing a little epilogue or something. Maybe a short that explains some of the lives and such.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It seems a slept through another Hunger Games...

Ash chokes again...(or gets strangled I guess)

While Egyptian Samus takes the victory...

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
This thread got most of my flack.
For FE talk, I take these words back.
It made this thread race
Instead of this granny pace
This thread has with Samurai Jack

But I can't expect this thread to be soaring.
Although it is a bit boring
Five users online
That's quite a decline
But most of the Muricans are snoring.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So I saw the new Alien film and was crazy excited and all I can say is that it should have been Prometheus 2.

In a good way, because I loved Prometheus. But yeah, kinda not what I was expecting.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
ChikoLad ChikoLad about Faye and Silque, if you prefer Faye that's fine, it's all a case of subjectivity, but you can't say she has an advantage because of Seraphim, Silque learns that too meaning there's no advantage there

Newman...
I didn't say Silque never gets Seraphim, I said Faye uses it better because she can take physical damage like it's nothing (which most Terrors seem to deal, if not all of them) and has more HP. You have to be careful with Silque and make sure she's completely shielded by other units, while Faye is her own shield.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I didn't say Silque never gets Seraphim, I said Faye uses it better because she can take physical damage like it's nothing (which most Terrors seem to deal, if not all of them) and has more HP. You have to be careful with Silque and make sure she's completely shielded by other units, while Faye is her own shield.
Silque gets the first strike and OHKO's Terrors and she usually doubles them. The only added defence Fay gets is availability and you can Grind in Echoes so it really doesn't matter, not to mention they both automatically learn it when promoted

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Silque gets the first strike and OHKO's Terrors and she usually doubles them. The only added defence Fay gets is availability and you can Grind in Echoes so it really doesn't matter, not to mention they both automatically learn it when promoted
No, she often doesn't ORKO them, at least not when she first gets it. Faye does though and once again, has more HP. Even if Silque had everything the same as Faye, Faye's HP advantage makes her the better physical tank anyway. Seraphim also does a lot of damage to human, and especially armoured units, but Silque definitely can't be thrown near them, but Faye can.

And the thing is, you can grind in Echoes, but I never grinded Faye. At all. When I reached Fear Mountain Shrine, Faye was already a Lv. 19 Cleric and by the time I reached the Mila Statue, she was Lv. 20 and ready to promote. However, I had to grind Silque to Lv. 20 just so she wouldn't fall off to literally only being a Warp machine (which she still kind of is anyway), along with a few other characters who were close enough to Lv. 20 to where I could do a bit of grinding to level them up.

Faye's ability to tank so well also means she naturally levels up faster without any thought because she actually defeats enemies by herself, especially since Silque can teleport her into the fray faster. Silque on the other hand wouldn't be getting a lot of EXP at all if the Bonus EXP system wasn't a thing, that's the only thing that keeps her from being one shotted by literally everything.

In general, I just find Faye better because she can play way more roles than Silque ever can. Silque's Warp is great, but other than that and basic heals for your back units, she isn't going to be doing a whole lot, except for occasionally Res tanking. Which she is much better than Faye at, but it's less of a boon because of the severe lack of magic based enemies in Alm's route for most of the game.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Had fun for this morning's round! Had quite a few really good matches, even the 3-ways were fun this time around! Once you start getting used to the controls and being able to switch between your opponents effectively it's a lot easier to manage...but I still prefer 1v1 as it really tests how well you play fundamentally...

Also...
I keep gravitating towards Minmin...Ribbon Girl's also great but with the Arms available to her right now she doesn't do a whole lot of damage, Helix will need to take a lot of practice to get down as his movements are very effective but hard to get mastery over in such a short time...

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to catch the 2 o'clock testpunch because I have to help my dad out with some things that'll take a bit of time...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I felt like I missed the best thing in the world.

Well, mistake were made. *shrug*

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so an idea i had is what if splatoon gets 2 characters into smash the inklings and the squid sisters as an ice climber style character, seeing as we no longer have to wory aboout parity between the 3ds and the switch and theres a really nice varity of weapons in splatoon and splatoon 2 this could be a intresting addition...plus i like the idea of beating calssic mode with the inklins getting the challenger approaching screen and hearing the calimarie inkantation start playing

D

Deleted member

Beat Chapter 1
Getting the Dracoshield was a lot easier than expected lol, just had Clive with the Leather Shield block the supplies areas once Slayde went there and the Knight simply didn't allow for him to step in and even fight Clive
Wobdering who I should give the shield to, maybe Faye so she doesn't get killed by Archers

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This was a really great Tekken set. Can't wait for this game. Just a little longer.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
We got some more but rather minor new information about FE: Switch from a French websites interview with three Fire Emblem developers:

http://nintendoeverything.com/switc...eathe-life-into-characters-like-never-before/

The developers mention the Switch will allow for "a completely different Fire Emblem." They also mention FE: Switch will "breathe life into characters like never before."

I feel the the bit about characters could be interpreted as either the entire cast will stand out with few bland/unlikable characters similar to Echoes, or it could go into a waifu direction again like with Awakening and Fates.

Thoughts?

Beat Chapter 1
Getting the Dracoshield was a lot easier than expected lol, just had Clive with the Leather Shield block the supplies areas once Slayde went there and the Knight simply didn't allow for him to step in and even fight Clive
Wobdering who I should give the shield to, maybe Faye so she doesn't get killed by Archers

I would definitely give the Dracoshield to one of the healers. I would say Silque needs it more because her Defense is generally much lower than Faye's, though Faye can benefit from it too due to the needed Resistance that shield gives her.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
We got some more but rather minor new information about FE: Switch from a French websites interview with three Fire Emblem developers:

http://nintendoeverything.com/switc...eathe-life-into-characters-like-never-before/

The developers mention the Switch will allow for "a completely different Fire Emblem." They also mention FE: Switch will "breathe life into characters like never before."

I feel the the bit about characters could be interpreted as either the entire cast will stand out with few bland/unlikable characters similar to Echoes, or it could go into a waifu direction again like with Awakening and Fates.

Thoughts?
This sounds fun. cant wait to see what its gonna be like. Every FE goes down the waifu/husbando direction, all you meed is some girl/boy characters, not nessisarly marrage. Its inevitable

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm nearing the end of Act 4 in Echoes, and the number of bow user enemies that are anti-fliers is incredibly low. On the other hand, there are tons of cavalry enemies. Clair + Ridersbane = clean sweep. :)

I didn't even know of the existence of Dracoshield or that you could get early on, kinda wish I had gotten it. That's crazy. :laugh:

A gripe I have with the game is that nearly every map consists of a massive wide open area. I must admit I've put some battles on auto because it gets a little tiresome. The few battles that had actual structure have easily been the most enjoyable.

Also, I heard bad things about Faye when the game came out, but my god I did not truly grasp just how awful that character is. If I wasn't on filthy casual mode, I would have considered letting her die without turning back time. >.> Even her cry of defeat sounds like she's crying out "ALM!" To think she wasn't in the original Gaiden and was intentionally added... just, wow.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure Mae is Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen in disguise

Thoughts?

I would definitely give the Dracoshield to one of the healers. I would say Silque needs it more because her Defense is generally much lower than Faye's, though Faye can benefit from it too due to the needed Resistance that shield gives her.
I think I'll just give it to Silque, she needs the Def and Renewal more.
Gave the Iron Shield to Faye instead.
Also, jfc, this game doesn't stop giving me lances, calm down dude

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"Robbie tries to sleep through the entire day." Surprisingly accurate.

#ThomasPaineForSwampGames6
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
so an idea i had is what if splatoon gets 2 characters into smash the inklings and the squid sisters as an ice climber style character, seeing as we no longer have to wory aboout parity between the 3ds and the switch and theres a really nice varity of weapons in splatoon and splatoon 2 this could be a intresting addition...plus i like the idea of beating calssic mode with the inklins getting the challenger approaching screen and hearing the calimarie inkantation start playing
Hmm. . .when I think about this situation.

One thing I feel a bit bad about is that Pit's debut in Brawl means he doesn't get a full set of weapons. Inkling wouldn't exactly fix that, but they would offer an opportunity to not repeat the mistake, at least to an extent.

The Squid Sisters I actually imagine going in quite the different direction, having more of an idol-based moveset. The main problem there is that I'm not sure how accurate that would be, but it seems like a quirky and more rhythmic moveset would suit them much better than just having them be typical Inklings with the extra model being the only twist.

Really, I thought at the time that Inklings were untested when DLC season started and badly timed when it ended and I stand by that, but in terms of adding new characters to a port or new game the Inklings and Squid Sisters are basically the most qualified first party characters left outside of maybe some Mario spinoff fodder.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Hmm. . .when I think about this situation.

One thing I feel a bit bad about is that Pit's debut in Brawl means he doesn't get a full set of weapons. Inkling wouldn't exactly fix that, but they would offer an opportunity to not repeat the mistake, at least to an extent.

The Squid Sisters I actually imagine going in quite the different direction, having more of an idol-based moveset. The main problem there is that I'm not sure how accurate that would be, but it seems like a quirky and more rhythmic moveset would suit them much better than just having them be typical Inklings with the extra model being the only twist.

Really, I thought at the time that Inklings were untested when DLC season started and badly timed when it ended and I stand by that, but in terms of adding new characters to a port or new game the Inklings and Squid Sisters are basically the most qualified first party characters left outside of maybe some Mario spinoff fodder.
I'd actually prefer the Inklings to not be a landfill of random weapons but instead convey their main gimmick with one weapon, with only specials and smashes utilising different weapon types.

I believe a solid, cohesive set with one central gimmick works better than every move being a different weapon for the sake of it being a different weapon.

For example, Inkling could use the set Splattershot + Subs for the normals, then use Rollers and Chargers for Smashes and then have specials in the Specials.

Inklings don't need a cluster**** of weapons to be unique since the ink mechanic can be conveyed with Splattershot alone

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'd actually prefer the Inklings to not be a landfill of random weapons but instead convey their main gimmick with one weapon, with only specials and smashes utilising different weapon types.

I believe a solid, cohesive set with one central gimmick works better than every move being a different weapon for the sake of it being a different weapon.

For example, Inkling could use the set Splattershot + Subs for the normals, then use Rollers and Chargers for Smashes and then have specials in the Specials.

Inklings don't need a cluster**** of weapons to be unique since the ink mechanic can be conveyed with Splattershot alone
But that's booooring. :006:

Pit's moveset suffers so hard from just being the Palutena Bow with everything else potholed to the specials, and you don't get to see half of the things he actually uses.

Inkling's the same problem. Half of everything is just potholed into one move and the other half is just gone, and what do you get in trade? A dozen different really boring feeble attempts at attacking with the same weapon that don't have all that much different going on. And the Splattershot can do way less than the Palutena Bow ever could.

Even as far as the ink spreading mechanic goes. . .the Splattershot really has only one kind of shot. Ever. If they bothered with that mechanic, having other shot types would allow for other strategies in how to spread ink across the field. Splattershot isn't really that conducive to variety even without being locked onto a 2D plane. You've seen one shot of splatter, you've kind of seen them all.

It's not like I even need much imagination to see moves outside of the boxes that would suit non-Splattershot weapons better. A Dash Attack would better suit a Roller, a jab would better suit a Brush. Heck, jabbing is practically how you fight with a Brush! Do those things with a Splattershot and you've just got kinda. . .blah. The other weapons just outright do a better job than the Splattershot in those positions.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Of the Dastardly Bombers, it seems that everyone was attracted to Magnet Bomber's charm. Was it because of his short temper, his short stature, or the potential with his magnet bombs. Phantom, Golem, and Plasma however were deemed unpopular. Shorties over tallies I guess.

Next are the biggest baddies foes that Bomberman had ever faced depending on the continuity. While most of them are one-shots, only one is seen as Bomberman's most consistent villain. Your choices are Professor Buggler (Or Bagura if you watch Jetters), Sirius from Bomberman 64, Bomber Great from Super Bomberman 4, and Regulus from Bomberman 64

Known as Beelzub in Bomberman 64: The Second Attack

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And I bet most of you will be confused with Buggler's other localized names from previous games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom