• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Yeah as my post mentioned you can mold the characters into your preferred playstyle depending on the Arms you choose...it is also important to note that each character isn't going to be limited to their signature Arms as more Arms can be unlocked in the final game...

Arms isn't like Wii Boxing where you're just flailing and hope for the best...right now the meta for the game is pretty much non-existant with a few minor tourney's being held here and there but after a few months we'll start to see actual different strats unfold on how people will play the game...
I'm aware that the characters have more arms to choose from when the game officially releases, hell getting duplicates of arms means a strong set. But it's like, okay they have a defensive set of arms, how much differently will this person being playing compared to someone else. Sure they'll probably play better mindgames and reads, but in the end every defensive helix would be doing the same thing as every other defensive helix.

I suppose you could argue that every Millia player in Guilty Gear is only ever going to be looking to get a knockdown and maximizing their oki game, but the difference there is that they also have to worry about execution and meter management among other things.

But like you mentioned, there isn't even a meta to begin with. Perhaps that'll change when the game is launched.

Honestly, I don't think the game is bad, I just don't think it has the staying power as other fighting games, but at the same time, does it need to? Not every game needs to last several years to be successful.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm not sure if arms would be my kind of game... it just looks a little...I don't know...slow? I don't know...
It can go pretty fast if you know what you are doing
or if the other person knows what they are doing and bodies you like half of my matches

Only reason why a match for me was slow as a snail. was because some dumb Helix player was just hiding and rarely attacking and ran the time out. I think I won that because of the only few hits I could get on him when time ran out before he kept hiding behind those tubes

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
As usual, I play catch up with LWA and am pleased to say this was the gayest episode they have had so far
View attachment 129864
Look at this qt lil lesbian witch

View attachment 129865
"Don't believe in me. Believe in the heart who believes in you!"

Also, on MHA, Uraraka vs. Kacchan was hype, though I'm more excited about next week's one.

Also, happy b-day Chrom

Remind me to call you trash on your birthday and let's see how you feel about that

Glad you caught up, honest to day I didn't really like how it turned out, it was kind of expected but also unexpected. Nevertheless, it really made Diana is more well build character compare to her way back in the first LWA movie.

Once again, the anime of MHA were all better than the manga, can't wait to see Deku vs Todoroki, I won't be surprised if their battle won't finish on the next episode.

On to Re:CREATORS, the latest episode, it is getting wild, that's all I can say.
This is interesting, however, you still think it's a Japanese anime if you don't pay attention to it's "kanji" which it's actually Chinese. It does appeal to Japanese audience, so I'm not surprise this Chinese anime can behave so many views, also the plot is pretty decent.

I might take a look at this anime, and I will obviously watch the original dub (Chinese), Japanese dub is going to be aired on July 1, which is actually a day before my birthday. hm...

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'm not sure if arms would be my kind of game... it just looks a little...I don't know...slow? I don't know...

Man, replaying Chrono Trigger has only reinforced my love for it... :grin:
The game is definitely pretty slow, but I suppose that could be due to unfamiliarity with the game. Matches feel like they take forever to do.

If there's one thing that really baffles me about ARMS it's the lack of grab invulnerability. In matches with 3-4 players, I would grab someone, and mid throw, would be grabbed by someone else, and in the middle of their throw, they were grabbed, which I then proceeded to grab that person. For how long grabs take to finish, it's annoying.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Just found out that Static Shock was planned for Injustice 2's Base Roster.... yet he got cut.... my heart.... my poor heart.... he better be DLC Boon, he better be... such a cool redesign too.... very disappointed... - Afro

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm aware that the characters have more arms to choose from when the game officially releases, hell getting duplicates of arms means a strong set. But it's like, okay they have a defensive set of arms, how much differently will this person being playing compared to someone else. Sure they'll probably play better mindgames and reads, but in the end every defensive helix would be doing the same thing as every other defensive helix.

I suppose you could argue that every Millia player in Guilty Gear is only ever going to be looking to get a knockdown and maximizing their oki game, but the difference there is that they also have to worry about execution and meter management among other things.

But like you mentioned, there isn't even a meta to begin with. Perhaps that'll change when the game is launched.

Honestly, I don't think the game is bad, I just don't think it has the staying power as other fighting games, but at the same time, does it need to? Not every game needs to last several years to be successful.
Once again that depends on the Arms the character is using...Not all defensive Helixes will have Ice Dragons and Guardians so you'll have to play differently depending on which Arms you have instead...

I mean this kind of argument could apply to Smash, with all the Diddy's that use dtilt into Usmash or Hoo Hahs...

In arms you can still have players who will opt for more aggressive strategies, while you'll have others who'll try to play more tactical and try to wait for their opponent to attack first...

How will each player use their surroundings, one player may opt for the high ground in Ninjara's stage while others may prefer the low ground depending on their character, some will throw out their rush attack right away, while others will wait for their opponent to leave an opening...

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I feel proud of myself for actually being able to beat a Mummy. I normaly lose all those fights
I notice you definitely want to try grabbing heavyweights as they tank most other hits, so you are able to put them in a more disadvantageous position...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey, you guys remember the Hunger Games Simulators?

Would you guys be interested in one of mine again?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
The thing I really like about the Overwatch free weekend is that I can pull out Hanzo and carry with him. Otherwise, I'd get my ass whooped.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I notice you definitely want to try grabbing heavyweights as they tank most other hits, so you are able to put them in a more disadvantageous position...
I think I spend half of my time running away that I forget to grab pfff I noticed the Heavys block a lot, Mummy the most because of his regen, so yeah, Grabbing them is good

Last edited:

Chrono.

Just found out that Static Shock was planned for Injustice 2's Base Roster.... yet he got cut.... my heart.... my poor heart.... he better be DLC Boon, he better be... such a cool redesign too.... very disappointed... - Afro
Gotta make room for FIRESTORM.

He's probably well known to comic readers, but to someone who only knows DC out of face value he's the one character that stuck out to me as "Who is this guy".

Actually put Atrocitus under that too.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If you do want another of my hunger games, actually let me know.

Don't wanna do it if there's no demand.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I'd like to see another one. Just cause I remember how hilarious they were. Like Ash flat-out killing a house.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Master Mummy is who I play!

What about you?
Spring man, Min Min, Ninjara, and sometimes Ribbon Girl. I cant stick with one person

even though I wasnt here to be in the first one, this would be fun to watch

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Here are your contestants everyone!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"He looked like a talking penis."

Okay. Okay. Alright.

My ****ing life to exist this long to hear these words from a rebirth OF MY CHILDHOOD *long breath* I love this show.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

Favs would be Freeman, Ash Williams, and Moses.

Least would be Paris, French and Indian War, and Tatsu.

Now if the Ghostface Killer was Ghostface Killah, then I'd change up favs.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
By the way, you guys should think up team names for each District.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

RIP Paris
Already one death.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
And I just beat Grima, I took a suggestion to bring a Bow Knight with Killer Bow since I couldn't forge a Parthia at the time and it did wonders due to Hunter's Volley. That high critical rate plus the decent MT of the weapon just eats through Grima's ridiculously high HP, and it does a number on his summons too.

In terms of Grima's backstory, while there are still holes in his story (ex. where the hell the Earth Dragons went), I have to say it does make him a lot more interesting. Before, Grima was this random dragon that came out of nowhere and wanted to destroy the world because... fire looks pretty I guess, now he's an abomination of alchemy that was created by one overly ambitious man. It's an interesting and new take on a main villain in the franchise and one I think works for the character, so it's a definite improvement for him in that regard and one that helps differentiate him from the other villainous dragons like Medeus and Loptyr. His characterization and motivations still need a lot of work, but at least he has a memorable origin to him now.

As for the game overall, I have a few thoughts I want to give on it, but I want to sleep on it so I can flesh them out first.

If Tatsu, Velma, or Ash don't win this, I'm calling shenanigans.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Tatsu's gon win and Imma cry when it happens.

Go Flandre

D

Deleted member

Obviously Paris Hilton would die first, and then of course BLUE gets water.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Night 1.png
Day 2.png
RIP Morgan Freeman