• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Lukas the absolute madman

First perfect level up
I think he took Kliff's gorwths because that guy has gotten like 2 Spd only and he's supposed to have a 60% growth!!!
Meanwhile, Gray and Faye have been doing fine, Tobin has been Str blessed(I at least don't think he should have 9 Str this early) and Alm is Alm.

Gray was probably my least favorite villager during pre-release but now he's my favorite
His first base convo about how he doesn't know what he wants to do and joined the Deliverance to find "SOMETHING" hit me really close to home. His concern for the village also shows that he really cares about the place and I appreciate that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pegasus Knights are pretty simple to understand. They're fast, have great movement, have good resistance, and have serviceable attack.

However, they're also very frail since they usually have low hp and defense. Not to mention, in games that have it, they have low constitution which can slow them down drastically depending on the weapon.

Wyvern riders are generally better than pegasus knights in MOST FE games.
I mean I get what Pegasus Knights are as a concept, I just haven't played enough FE games to form an impression on how good different classes are across the franchise.

In terms of the ones in Echoes, Palla and Catria start off with pretty low Res along with their low Def and HP and their Atk was pretty lacking too compared to other units. I ended up giving Catria's Angel Ring to Mae after a while which actually worked out really well considering how powerful Mae is anyway. Est at least starts off with good Res so shenhas helped me here and there but she's hardly a pivotal member of the team.

Clair also started off pretty rubbish. Alm barely has any magic based enemies to deal with early on so her Res means jack, and once again, her Atk and Def felt lacking too so I had to baby her a bit. However, what separates her from Palla, Catria, and Est, is that by the time you get Clair, you still don't even have a party of 10, meaning she's forced into your party for a while, giving her ample time to grow and finish off enemies, and benefit from EXP Bonuses.

In my playthrough, I did Celica's side of Act 3 first, so Alm's crew was forced into random skirmishes a couple of times, which let Clair grow even further along with everyone else in Alm's army. This wouldn't have happened for the Whitewings though if I did Alm's side first because you don't get them until the middle of Act 3 IIRC. I also gave Clair +3 Defense from an early game spring because nobody else really needed it (and Silque isn't salvageable for Defense).

Now though, Clair is actually the character with the second highest Rating on Alm's side for me, second only to Alm himself of course. I gave her a 4-Star Steel Lance (affectionately named "Alm's Lance") and since then she became a monster. The only thing she real has to worry about is stuff like Anti-Fliers and Death, and even then she can afford to take two or three hits, and I have two Saints with Physic anyway (Faye and Tatiana). She near solo'd the top half of Rigel Falls for me.

I've heard Faye also makes a good Pegasus Knight, but she's still way better as a Cleric. Think I'll use my Saint Faye to solo the Bow Knights on the Rudolph fight right now in fact. :p

------------

Unrelated but...

WVW69kWmOjkTiSfCa3.jpg

There are two ways I can read this. :p

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I reached Ultra Space, where I battled and defeated Lusamine.

King of Sand fought against :036:, and due to it having Moonlight and Cosmic Power, and King of Sand having Giga Drain and Shore Up, the battle was just the two of them going back and forth, with nothing really happening. I then switched to Yun Yang, and Clefable used Haze through Metronome, which funnily got rid of all its boosts from both the aura and CP. Yun Yang yawned Clefable to sleep a couple of times, and lowered its accuracy with a Mud-Slap, letting it dodge all of Clefable's Moonblasts. Yun Yang beat Clefable with Hyper Fangs.

Lilligant was one-shot by White Thing's First Impression.

Half Health battled against Mismagius. Mismagius used both Shadow Ball and Pain Split. Pain Split didn't do much for it though, and Half Health beat it with a couple of Rock Slides.

I decided to switch to Tonfa Arms for Milotic. The difference in levels let Hydro Pump do a good amount of damage to Tonfa Arms, so I switched to White Thing, who got a First Impression crit to beat Milotic.

Bewear was able to tank some Power-Up Punches from AK Snow Crab, while Baby-Doll Eyes failed due to Hyper Cutter. Bewear's Take Down was unbelievably strong on AK Snow Crab and beat it. After that, King of Sand switched in and absorbed away the rest of Bewear's health.

Tonfa Arms evolved, and I taught it Giga Impact so it would have a physical non-Dragon move.

King of Sand (Level 55)
Yun Yang (Level 52)
White Thing (Level 52)
AK Snow Crab (Level 51)

Half Health (Level 50)
Tonfa Arms (Level 45)

D

Deleted member

I gave Lukas two Spd from the Lion Well because I thought he'd never get it... he has now 8 Spd and only Gray is faster due to Merc bases

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean I get what Pegasus Knights are as a concept, I just haven't played enough FE games to form an impression on how good different classes are across the franchise.

In terms of the ones in Echoes, Palla and Catria start off with pretty low Res along with their low Def and HP and their Atk was pretty lacking too compared to other units. I ended up giving Catria's Angel Ring to Mae after a while which actually worked out really well considering how powerful Mae is anyway. Est at least starts off with good Res so shenhas helped me here and there but she's hardly a pivotal member of the team.

Clair also started off pretty rubbish. Alm barely has any magic based enemies to deal with early on so her Res means jack, and once again, her Atk and Def felt lacking too so I had to baby her a bit. However, what separates her from Palla, Catria, and Est, is that by the time you get Clair, you still don't even have a party of 10, meaning she's forced into your party for a while, giving her ample time to grow and finish off enemies, and benefit from EXP Bonuses.

In my playthrough, I did Celica's side of Act 3 first, so Alm's crew was forced into random skirmishes a couple of times, which let Clair grow even further along with everyone else in Alm's army. This wouldn't have happened for the Whitewings though if I did Alm's side first because you don't get them until the middle of Act 3 IIRC. I also gave Clair +3 Defense from an early game spring because nobody else really needed it (and Silque isn't salvageable for Defense).

Now though, Clair is actually the character with the second highest Rating on Alm's side for me, second only to Alm himself of course. I gave her a 4-Star Steel Lance (affectionately named "Alm's Lance") and since then she became a monster. The only thing she real has to worry about is stuff like Anti-Fliers and Death, and even then she can afford to take two or three hits, and I have two Saints with Physic anyway (Faye and Tatiana). She near solo'd the top half of Rigel Falls for me.

I've heard Faye also makes a good Pegasus Knight, but she's still way better as a Cleric. Think I'll use my Saint Faye to solo the Bow Knights on the Rudolph fight right now in fact. :p

------------

Unrelated but...

View attachment 129877

There are two ways I can read this. :p
Peg Knights are traditionally Res tanks who aren't too strong, but one of their greatest strengths are their speed, they rarely don't double enemies. And Silque could take quite a beating in my experience, she'd always counter with Nosferatu and I gave her shields.
Though if you want an example of a great Peg Knight you should play Sacred Stones. Vanessa ripped the game in half for me

D

Deleted member

Jfc Lukas got an almost perfect level, everything but HP, what is this man
He's like a lighting speed tank
Peg Knights are traditionally Res tanks who aren't too strong, but one of their greatest strengths are their speed, they rarely don't double enemies. And Silque could take quite a beating in my experience, she'd always counter with Nosferatu and I gave her shields.
Though if you want an example of a great Peg Knight you should play Sacred Stones. Vanessa ripped the game in half for me
Silque has a 1 Def base
I'm having to constantly keep her away from her own allies because of Archers

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Jfc Lukas got an almost perfect level, everything but HP, what is this man
He's like a lighting speed tank

Silque has a 1 Def base
I'm having to constantly keep her away from her own allies because of Archers

Then you're just a scrub, she ****ing destroyed all my enemies. Not to mention she learns very useful spells. Her Invoke troops are ****ing amazing though it takes a while for her to learn it

D

Deleted member

Then you're just a scrub, she ****ing destroyed all my enemies. Not to mention she learns very useful spells. Her Invoke troops are ****ing amazing though it takes a while for her to learn it
I'm not talking about her usefulness, just that her Def is ****ty.
I'm literally on the Leather Shield Merc map aka the first story map she can join in.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Silque can Nosferatu tank but due to the 60% Hit Rate and her abysmal Defense, it's way too risky to be a consistently viable strat, especially in Alm's route where the vast majority of enemies are physical attackers. Silque is a Res tank, so her main use is that and Warp shenanigans. She gets Seraphim when she promotes so that's another thing she can do but you generally need to make sure she isn't left open on the enemy phase.

Overall, Faye is by far the best Cleric in the game due to having Lukas tier Defense with a Steel Shield equipped + Nosferatu (I mean it's not like Clerics benefit from many other forms of equipment) in a route that's predominantly physical attackers among the enemy, her amazing spell list gives her far more varied utility than any other Cleric, and you get her at the start of the game so there's no excuse for benching her or being under-utilised and she'll almost always be useful for something.

There's also the fact that her A-Support with Alm gives her a +20 Hit boost, so her Nosferatu can have an 80% Hit Rate as opposed to 60%, and considering both of them have the Defense to be front line units, it's common for them to be in support range, plus Faye's early access to Physic makes building her support with Alm easy, even before she grows into her amazing Defense.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
What's this? Another challenger approaches!

This one would be under specific circumstances. I've seen some people wonder if this potential "Smash 4 Deluxe" might go back and add characters who were considered for the base version of Smash 4 but missed the cut. Our newest challenger is someone who was probably one of them. I don't know how likely it is that they'd do it, but it's a scenario that's worth taking into account.

D

Deleted member

Also, Silque was getting 58 Hit on that Merc
I don't know what was going on because Faye was getting 65%(thanks to support bonuses) so there was no decrease and the Merc didn't even have any Luck.
Anyone know what could have been it?

Also, ****, I should have given some Spd to Alm, having the Bolt Sword makes him get doubled by Soldiers

Also also, Lukas promoted and holy **** I love that armor design
Silque can Nosferatu tank but due to the 60% Hit Rate and her abysmal Defense, it's way too risky to be a consistently viable strat, especially in Alm's route where the vast majority of enemies are physical attackers. Silque is a Res tank, so her main use is that and Warp shenanigans. She gets Seraphim when she promotes so that's another thing she can do but you generally need to make sure she isn't left open on the enemy phase.

Overall, Faye is by far the best Cleric in the game due to having Lukas tier Defense with a Steel Shield equipped + Nosferatu (I mean it's not like Clerics benefit from many other forms of equipment) in a route that's predominantly physical attackers among the enemy, her amazing spell list gives her far more varied utility than any other Cleric, and you get her at the start of the game so there's no excuse for benching her or being under-utilised and she'll almost always be useful for something.

There's also the fact that her A-Support with Alm gives her a +20 Hit boost, so her Nosferatu can have an 80% Hit Rate as opposed to 60%, and considering both of them have the Defense to be front line units, it's common for them to be in support range, plus Faye's early access to Physic makes building her support with Alm easy, even before she grows into her amazing Defense.
Eh, I wouldn't call either of them better
Silque has Warp and Invoke
Faye has Physic and Rescue
One is good for planned strats and trivializing certain aspects while the other is a "**** I ****ed up" lifesaver and her Def allows her to step into enemy range and not get ORKO

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm fine with grab spams anyway, I was an Ice Climbers main back in the day :shades:

I still haven't got Echoes. Mainly because I've only played half of one of the Fates games and feel like I should beat that first. The half I did play was pretty crap though tbh. Can't remember what it was called but I was with all the red guys with weird classes.

Ivander

Smash Legend
OH YES! I may have only gotten an event voice line for my event item this lootbox, but I also got Reaper's Shrug Emote in this lootbox! :joyful::shades:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also, Silque was getting 58 Hit on that Merc
I don't know what was going on because Faye was getting 65%(thanks to support bonuses) so there was no decrease and the Merc didn't even have any Luck.
Anyone know what could have been it?

Also, ****, I should have given some Spd to Alm, having the Bolt Sword makes him get doubled by Soldiers

Also also, Lukas promoted and holy **** I love that armor design

Eh, I wouldn't call either of them better
Silque has Warp and Invoke
Faye has Physic and Rescue
One is good for planned strats and trivializing certain aspects while the other is a "**** I ****ed up" lifesaver and her Def allows her to step into enemy range and not get ORKO

It's not that Silque doesn't have a use, but Faye is a viable front line attacker (especially when she promotes and gets Seraphim which destroys even non-Terrors with her) and overall has more reliable hit rate. It's also worth noting that Faye being front line viable and having Rescue means you can emulate Silque's Warp by using Rescue to bring other units to Faye when she's already at the front lines. I actually often use Silque's Warp on Faye to get her to the enemies and then have Faye use Rescue to bring someone else with her.

They're both useful and compliment each other very well, but Faye goes further beyond into a league of her own, being the backbone of the two. She's literally a fusion of Silque, Lukas, and Tatiana with pretty good Attack and accuracy and with Alm nearby like he often will be, she's extra strong and even often pulls out Crits. She's less useful when lots of magic enemies are around but that's extremely rare on Alm's route.

Basically, if you could hypothetically only pick one of the two, you'll feel more of a loss if you pick Silque over Faye.

D

Deleted member

It's not that Silque doesn't have a use, but Faye is a viable front line attacker (especially when she promotes and gets Seraphim which destroys even non-Terrors with her) and overall has more reliable hit rate. It's also worth noting that Faye being front line viable and having Rescue means you can emulate Silque's Warp by using Rescue to bring other units to Faye when she's already at the front lines. I actually often use Silque's Warp on Faye to get her to the enemies and then have Faye use Rescue to bring someone else with her.

They're both useful and compliment each other very well, but Faye goes further beyond into a league of her own, being the backbone of the two. She's literally a fusion of Silque, Lukas, and Tatiana with pretty good Attack and accuracy and with Alm nearby like he often will be, she's extra strong and even often pulls out Crits. She's less useful when lots of magic enemies are around but that's extremely rare on Alm's route.

Basically, if you could hypothetically only pick one of the two, you'll feel more of a loss if you pick Silque over Faye.
I can see your point but I have to disagree with the last point
Warp is just TOO good and turns a lot of maps on your favor while Invoke has free death fodder and chip damage
In terms of utility, Silque takes the cake, you have other units who'll tank better but none will have those useful spells

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Faye [...] amazing Defense.
I think you just got really lucky with Faye's defence, really. As a Cleric, she only has a 30% Def growth rate, which is pretty far from "amazing", really (compared to Lukas, who has a 50% Def growth as a Soldier/Knight). She actually has exactly the same Def growth as Silque, so you can't really call one "amazing" and the other "abysmal" when mathematically they are the same (as for their other growth rates, they have identical Atk and Spd, Silque wins by 5% in HP and Skl, and by 30% in Luck, while Faye has a whopping 1% higher Res growth, and 5% more HP); Silque just has worse base Def, and doesn't get to enjoy a few levels as a Villager, where her Def growth rate would actually be 40% (Cleric lowers Def growth by 10%).

If I had to pick only one, I'd still go for Silque, probably. I just find Warp's higher range that much more useful (especially if Faye doesn't end up with enough Def to take hits, which with a 30% growth rate can easily happen), Invoke is really handy for taking the pressure off since enemies will more often than not target the summoned units, and unless the enemy is a Terror I'm not using either in combat that often anyway. They definitely complement each other really well, though, to where I'd say they almost feel incomplete if you only bring one (Warp+Rescue is really good). That said, I did bring Faye instead of Silque for the post-game dungeon, since you can only have 10 units, Physic is really necessary, Anew has its uses (even if the HP cost makes it hard to get much value from it), and Warp is less useful because of the smaller maps. For the main story, though, I think Silque is the more preferable.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Bomberman once again proves how popular he is as far as Smash characters go. Congrats @Xeno610. Pretty did get 10% of the total votes however as a reoccurring character and fan favorite. Max and Louie got zip, maybe because of their obscurity or lack of desire.

Next up are the Five Dastardly Bombers, a group of bombers that used to serve Buggler and a former organization that Pretty used to be a part of canonically (pre-Super Bomberman R). Given how popular they are, I figured why not make a poll about them. Your choices are Magnet Bomber, Phantom Bomber, Golem Bomber, and Plasma Bomber. Pretty was in the last one, so she's not rejoining.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think you just got really lucky with Faye's defence, really. As a Cleric, she only has a 30% Def growth rate, which is pretty far from "amazing", really (compared to Lukas, who has a 50% Def growth as a Soldier/Knight). She actually has exactly the same Def growth as Silque, so you can't really call one "amazing" and the other "abysmal" when mathematically they are the same (as for their other growth rates, they have identical Atk and Spd, Silque wins by 5% in HP and Skl, and by 30% in Luck, while Faye has a whopping 1% higher Res growth, and 5% more HP); Silque just has worse base Def, and doesn't get to enjoy a few levels as a Villager, where her Def growth rate would actually be 40% (Cleric lowers Def growth by 10%).

If I had to pick only one, I'd still go for Silque, probably. I just find Warp's higher range that much more useful (especially if Faye doesn't end up with enough Def to take hits, which with a 30% growth rate can easily happen), Invoke is really handy for taking the pressure off since enemies will more often than not target the summoned units, and unless the enemy is a Terror I'm not using either in combat that often anyway. They definitely complement each other really well, though, to where I'd say they almost feel incomplete if you only bring one (Warp+Rescue is really good).
Faye starts off with a higher Defense base than Silque so even if her growth is the same, she's always going to be better in the Defense department, especially considering she has time to Level Up before you get Silque.

I can't say for certain how lucky or unlucky I've been with Faye's growths, but I do know I'm far from the only one seeing she can potentially be one of the best tanks in the game, it's one of the reasons so many people scream that you should make her a Cleric. You're right in that her Defense naturally isn't what makes her a great tank, it's when you give her a Steel Shield (hell, maybe a Dracoshield if you go for that, though I'd put that on Silque myself actually, lol) that pushes her over the edge, plus Nosferatu allowing her to heal any damage she takes immediately.

For the hell of it, here's my Faye and my Lukas as of right now:

WVW69kWnVfgGy-_mYs.jpg

WVW69kWnV4wl1Pepj-.jpg

Assuming Faye were a Knight, I would say Lukas is still the far better tank here due to the HP difference, but since Faye is a Saint with Nosferatu and abilities that can heal other units when needed, she is the better tank. And while I did give Faye Boots, Saints still naturally have 5 Mov and she has Seraphim for an extremely accurate ranged attack. You could argue I could just give Lukas the Steel Shield (I actually have two now) but then he'd be doing little damage, which is something Faye doesn't have to worry about either way.

That being said, tanking and chokepoints isn't necessarily my main use for Faye and Lukas still is my go to for that. I usually have Faye just go on general enemy clear outs or have her and Alm support each other. Along with Warp/Rescue shenanigans and Physic heals.

As for the Steel Shield, you can get one as early as the Sylvian Shrine. There is a Rusted Shield there that can be evolved straight to a Steel Shield for 20 Silver at the nearby village. Until then, Faye doesn't need the extra shield anyway and you can just give her a Leather Shield (which you will have) if you feel the need.

The main reason I find Faye better is because Faye is a unit I can afford to be reckless with, easily. Even if I didn't have Silque, Faye could still do plenty without much thought, she straight up just takes hits and dishes them out in kind, and can heal party members and Rescue them if needed, and these are all things I can do almost all of the time with little worry or consequence. Silque on the other hand, would still have Warp without Faye, but it'd be a much riskier and more limited option since Faye isn't there to Rescue a unit who could be left very vulnerable. This matters a lot less on Casual but I'm assuming Classic for this post since that's what I play on. Silque also doesn't get Physic (or at the very least I haven't gotten it with her yet while Faye has virtually had it for the whole game).

In essence, Cleric Faye isn't dissimilar to how I would use Ryoma in Birthright - that is, I rarely have to think about or worry about them, they can steamroll lots of things on their own with little consequence.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Someone pointed out that Chrom and Harambe share a birthday.

I don't know how to feel about this.

D

Deleted member

They'd be incorrect, the anniversary of Harambe's death is tomorrow.

Whoever "pointed that out" is a scrub.

D

Deleted member

Harambe's actual birthday is on the 27th.

He was killed the day after his birthday.
Holy ****, what the ****, how did I not no about that.

As if Harambe wasn't unlucky enough dude.

Edit: This poses the question of why you guys even know this information if you're not ****posters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fire Emblem Echoes is a lot harder than I was expecting it to be. Either that, or I accidentally missed the place where I can reclass my villagers into other classes.
Have you passed the first dungeon? Because it's the first dungeon

Been enjoying Skullgirls mobile. A little sad I havent had more reasons to play it. Fun little game and im better at it then regular Skullgirls at least lol.

Skullgirls 2 when?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh boy! Someone brought up that darn gorilla. /s

Anywho, had the weirdest final match in ARMS:
  • 2 vs 2
  • My partner got disconnected before the match begin
  • Stuck on the arm select waiting time for about a minute or two
  • During that time, one could sill attack (couldn't move around or no one took damage)
  • After match started, it was one hell of a glitch fest (and weird/choppy animations, one of which didn't more or warped)
  • My attacks either phase through them or deal no damage.
What the?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well I just looked it up after Opossum Opossum made the post. :p
Well, I looked it up too, and I didn't find any information mentioning his B-Day until revisiting it again. So i just assumed that the person was confusing Harambe's birthday for his death.

Harambe's being so close to is death is something you'd think would be brought up more often, especially when it was such a meme.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Can anyone link me to the ARMS test punch times?

And Happy Birthday Chrom.

In other news, the Pokemon anime is moving forward. Illima shows up and Ash fights him, then Ash will apparently head to Akala and speak to Oliva about their 3 trials. I wonder how this will work when the captains are all in school.
I think the prerelease information for the Ilima episode mentioned that Ash wants to learn from him because Ilima got a good score on some test in an honor class. I'm glad Ilima is finally showing up considering that he was absent when Ash did the Island Trial in Melemele.

The Olivia episode seems to tie in with the ending of the Gladion episode when Gladion told him that he needs to beat the Akala Grand Trial if he wants the Rock-type Z Crystal, so I'm glad the writers are being serious with Ash taking on the other Island Trials. I have a feeling the 3 Akala trials will likely be run by Totem Pokemon just like how Totem Gumshoos and Totem Raticate took charge of the Melemele Trials in the anime.

I still haven't got Echoes. Mainly because I've only played half of one of the Fates games and feel like I should beat that first. The half I did play was pretty crap though tbh. Can't remember what it was called but I was with all the red guys with weird classes.
"Red guys with weird classes."

That's Birthright.

Technically, there are three halves of Fates: Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation. Revelation is the third and canon path and is meant to be played last because it reveals all of the plot secrets kept hidden from the other two routes and features Corrin recruiting both Nohr and Hoshido's armies to defeat the true antagonist. The general consensus among FE fans is that Revelation is the worst version because the maps are often bland and very gimmicky and the story is pretty bad, almost as terrible or arguably even worse than Conquest's. I mean, I personally didn't mind all three versions of Fates, but judging by how you didn't like Birthright, I think you're better off finishing Conquest, skipping Revelation, and jumping straight into Echoes.

I can definitely recommend getting Echoes if you get the chance. Gameplay offers a good challenge even on Normal Classic, and the game has a good number of maps that require strategy. The story is pretty decent and enjoyable as well. Not the best story by any means as it has some flaws of its own, but when compared to Awakening and all three paths of Fates, it's definitely much better. The cast of characters are also very likable overall; there are very few characters that are considered bland compared to the common complaint of most Birthright characters, and there aren't any badly written characters like Peri & Camilla except for one (Faye). I'd say the only thing Fates hold over Echoes is map design and challenge (namely Conquest).

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Finally got my hands on ARMS test punch.
Game is mad fun, but I really hope that they consider button mappings, not a fan of clicking the left stick to block. Used a lot of Min Min and Spring Man too.

>Picks Spring Man
>"Boing-oing-oing-oing~"

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
I honestly wonder if I should give the Boots to my blessed Lukas or wait to give them to Valbo

Also, I really REALLY like the dungeon gameplay
Thieve's Shrine doesn't make it justice, Deliverance HQ is an actual RPG dungeon and the most un-Fire Emblem-y thing for them to add in a FE game and I love it

#*****OutForChrom
Harambe's actual birthday is on the 27th.

He was killed the day after his birthday.
Talk about being unlucky

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I just did something amazing in Echoes.

So I was doing the battle with Rudolph, and was struggling with it. My strategy was to Warp Faye and Alm up to the right castle wall to clear out the Bow Knights and then have everyone else deal with the enemies at rhe bottom choke point. Problem was, Rudolph would move towards the units at the choke point and I couldn't get Alm around in time, even by having Faye go ahead each turn to Rescue him forward before he moved. And my units couldn't deal with Rudolph and the rest of the enemies because of some unlucky RNG.

I was struggling to think of a more concrete strategy, until I remembered the "Select Units" option on the menu.

So I just brought Alm, Faye, and Silque in.

Silque Warps Faye up to the right wall. Faye Rescues Alm up with her. They deal with the Bow Knights very swiftly. During this time, a single Gold Knight and a Baron will make their way towards Silque, but only the Gold Knight reaches her and she can take the hit. The Gold Knight will actually run away from her too if she hits him with a Seraphim first.

So after the Bow Knights are dealt with, Rudolph and his minions start making their way towards Alm and Faye. Due to Faye being out of range, Rudolph will actually initiate an attack on Alm...and then will refuse to attack for story reasons. Giving Alm free hits on Rudolph.

Then I use Seraphim on Rudolph with Faye. Then Alm with his Double Lion. On his next turn, Rudolph attacks Faye but lol she doesn't care.

Then for the style points, Alm finishes with Scendscale.

The Rigelian Empire just got overthrown by a farmboy, his obsessive fan girl, and some nun. Ridiculous.

WVW69kWn3GU4LSZo7S.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom