• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, not so much your post, but I only quoted your post because of the tidbit on the end about the FE thread that no one uses.

Sort of going along the lines with that we shouldn't be able to talk about it here.
There is an FE thread where FE discussions of large quantity should be discussed at. I won't deny that that's what I believe.

But I don't see FE discussions as some form of evil that must be purged simply because I'm not into FE. I've been here for almost 7 years. I obviously don't give a fiddler's **** what's discussed here, the Smash 4 Social, or the Disco.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think you need to just not care that people get upset about some things. It's not worth the stress.
Everyone else seems to know how to shut it off. Since it's apparently so obvious how, I'm guessing my off switch is just broken.

Honestly, I get stressed about nearly everything in my life from the legitimate to the downright nonsensical and none of it is worth it or helpful. The world feels utterly meaningless and it gets worse and worse the more I look at it. One of the few things that can give me some faint hope is that maybe somehow, in some way, I can make something out there suck slightly less. And unfortunately I'm too much of an idiot to actually pull it off properly.

*EDIT* What the heck did I do to my post??

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Holy **** this game looks SO much better in person
And it really gives off a totally different vibe from the other two FE 3DS games

Also

Why doesn't this guy get more love? He's just a generic soldier but speaks in rhymes for some reason.
I love him, I want fanart damnit!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Holy **** this game looks SO much better in person
And it really gives off a totally different vibe from the other two FE 3DS games

Also

Why doesn't this guy get more love? He's just a generic soldier but speaks in rhymes for some reason.
I love him, I want fanart damnit!

I think thats the only tine you see him too. Like he showed up to say his rhymes and just went "peace"

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Doesn't own FE Echoes
>I still hasn't played any FE yet.
>But I still like FE talk here because I can learn more about the series story and mechanics.

Also I wuv you Celica.

Even if you're a dumb character storywise.

lulDuma

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Hello.
It has been a while since I've posted here.
My computer was getting fixed the past week or so.

Anyway, last Friday I got a copy of FE Echoes (as well as Awakening, as I haven't played it yet). However, when I went to go and get Echoes, they actually had a Switch in stock.
The Switch came in a bundle that included MK8D and some downloadable games, as well as some accessories for it.

As for my thoughts on the games, I'm really enjoying Echoes and Awakening, but I'm not sure when I'll be playing them, due to the huge amount of games on my backlog.
MK8D doesn't feel extremely different from standard MK8, but I haven't played that much of it yet (and I like that they've added some new content to it).
I enjoyed the small amount of playtime I've had with BotW, but I don't think I'll be getting to it for a while, unfortunately.
On the topic of ARMS, I've been enjoying what I've played so far. My favorite characters at the moment are Ribbon Girl and Mechanica.

Also, happy birthday Chrom!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There is an FE thread where FE discussions of large quantity should be discussed at. I won't deny that that's what I believe.

But I don't see FE discussions as some form of evil that must be purged simply because I'm not into FE. I've been here for almost 7 years. I obviously don't give a fiddler's **** what's discussed here, the Smash 4 Social, or the Disco.
The issue that I've gradually realized with individual threads is that people like something simple and convenient. The more you try to split conversation up, the less discussion any of the potential topics will get. If the discussion on Fire Emblem didn't happen in an active social thread, it simply wouldn't happen anywhere or at most would be heavily stunted and have only a fraction of the participants.

The only way to really have anything active is to have one area where everyone's gathered and simply let conversation flow naturally, which also allows the conversation to be more varied an interesting than when placed under heavy restrictions. Threads and boards dedicated to one topic will either die or, given sufficient freedom, evolve in a manner that gradually edges them closer and closer to being social threads.

I mean, organization sounds like the best idea in theory, but reality seems to like chaos a bit better. Perhaps in a way that applies to life in general.

Chrono.

So the Season 4 finale of One Minute Melee came out yesterday, only managed to see it now.

Yup, and similar to Ippo/Little Mac, it was also a 3 round special.

Gon won decisively, Deku did win round 2 and Gon won the first one thanks to Hisoka interference. The presentation was really nice this time around, even if the voice acting was extremely cheesy bordering on cringy at times.

OMM will take a hiatus and kick off season 5 with Ultimate Gohan vs Superboy.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
The issue that I've gradually realized with individual threads is that people like something simple and convenient. The more you try to split conversation up, the less discussion any of the potential topics will get. If the discussion on Fire Emblem didn't happen in an active social thread, it simply wouldn't happen anywhere or at most would be heavily stunted and have only a fraction of the participants.

The only way to really have anything active is to have one area where everyone's gathered and simply let conversation flow naturally, which also allows the conversation to be more varied an interesting than when placed under heavy restrictions. Threads and boards dedicated to one topic will either die or, given sufficient freedom, evolve in a manner that gradually edges them closer and closer to being social threads.

I mean, organization sounds like the best idea in theory, but reality seems to like chaos a bit better. Perhaps in a way that applies to life in general.
Yeah, agreed.
As a frequent visitor of the Daisy social thread ft Aussie's waifus speculation topic, the switch from semi-social to controlled conversation made the thread less active.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
>Doesn't own FE Echoes
>I still hasn't played any FE yet.
>But I still like FE talk here because I can learn more about the series story and mechanics.

Also I wuv you Celica.

Even if you're a dumb character storywise.

lulDuma
Here are my thoughts on that,

Alm and Celica's Act Three separation aside, which was poorly handled on both parts, I honestly think most of the issues people have with Celica are more so the fault of Jedah being a poor character. Celica's actual thought process with her actions is actually pretty sound: she wishes to give herself up to Duma so that others may live instead. She's far more pacifistic than most other Fire Emblem lords, only fighting out of self-defense (the pirate raids) or when someone poses direct harm to numerous people (Grieth). It's only natural that she'd offer herself up if it could end the fighting and save the Zofian people without bloodshed.

The issue with this is IS made Jedah waaaaaaaay too Obviously Evil, so it seems more obvious to the audience that Jedah was going to betray Celica.

So yeah, basically I don't think it's nearly as much as a fault of Celica's character as much as it's the result of Jedah's poor writing.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Also, in hindsight, I realized something. In every Fire Emblem game I play, I feel like I get the most mileage from the Peg Knights. I should replay FE7 one day and actually use Florina, accidentally got her killed and thought it was like casual mode in the tutorial and saved over it
Pegasus knights are the best, and I will brook no argument on this. Except Florina, Florina always turns out terrible for me. Her sisters are far better. Someone like Catria, on the other hand, she's one of, if not the strongest unit, in all six games she appears in. She pretty much breaks FE3/12 over her knee like it's nothing:

^ Fun fact, in FE3 all stats cap at 20; i.e. she's already capped three stats, and is on her way to capping most of the others, too. This is also from chapter 5, because she's just that strong.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I know but he has all the potential for an Ensemble Darkhorse!!!
Rhyme Soldier for Smash!

A character from FE: Echoes
Wanted to fight off all his woes
So after a clash.
He decided to Smash
Fighting formidable foes

EDIT: What if his name was Rick Limmer?

EDIT: Since his lance and axe made him bored
He settled on using a sword
The fanbase, beserk
Just hated his work.
But at least he wasn't a Lord

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pegasus knights are the best, and I will brook no argument on this. Except Florina, Florina always turns out terrible for me. Her sisters are far better. Someone like Catria, on the other hand, she's one of, if not the strongest unit, in all six games she appears in. She pretty much breaks FE3/12 over her knee like it's nothing:

^ Fun fact, in FE3 all stats cap at 20; i.e. she's already capped three stats, and is on her way to capping most of the others, too. This is also from chapter 5, because she's just that strong.
Gonna join in here. Pegasus Knights are easily one of my favorite classes.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I see a lot of people complaining that grabs in ARMS are over-powered.

:rolleyes:

I only have thing to say to them:

what happens if they dont even give you room to dodge?

I got grabbed, fell, Got up, Grabbed instantly, thrown back down, got up, grabbed instantly, Rinse and Repeat

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Pegasus knights are the best, and I will brook no argument on this. Except Florina, Florina always turns out terrible for me. Her sisters are far better.
Ironically, Florina always turns out pretty good for me.
I suppose that is part of FE though.
You either have really good luck or really bad luck.
I feel there are very little moments where you just have okay luck.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I got grabbed, fell, Got up, Grabbed instantly, thrown back down, got up, grabbed instantly, Rinse and Repeat
I never encountered a time I didn't have room. Jumping then dash (that I use a lot) is a very useful way to get around and dodge.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Ive always been able to roll away after ive been thrown. Also, I havent been blocking as much and I tend to jump and dash in order to outmaneuver grabs. Dashing towards your enemy while they try to grab you also gives you a good chance to punish your opponent.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Guys....punches beat grabs...

This morning I dominated several people cuz they were literally doing nothin but grabs and simply punching to counter...

And if you've been thrown you can roll in different directions to mix up instead of just standing up straight every time...

GIT GUD!!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Here are my thoughts on that,

Alm and Celica's Act Three separation aside, which was poorly handled on both parts, I honestly think most of the issues people have with Celica are more so the fault of Jedah being a poor character. Celica's actual thought process with her actions is actually pretty sound: she wishes to give herself up to Duma so that others may live instead. She's far more pacifistic than most other Fire Emblem lords, only fighting out of self-defense (the pirate raids) or when someone poses direct harm to numerous people (Grieth). It's only natural that she'd offer herself up if it could end the fighting and save the Zofian people without bloodshed.

The issue with this is IS made Jedah waaaaaaaay too Obviously Evil, so it seems more obvious to the audience that Jedah was going to betray Celica.

So yeah, basically I don't think it's nearly as much as a fault of Celica's character as much as it's the result of Jedah's poor writing.
The Jedah and Celica incident is pretty much a worse version of the Demon King and Eirika one. The Demon King is obviously evil, but at least to his credit he does play on Eirika's emotions and drops his evil act for a moment to pretend he's Lyon to get what he wants out of her. So at least Eirika had a moment to believe he was being sincere, even if it was still very dumb of her to so easily give up the stone like she did. Celica is given no such moment, Jedah does bring up good points (Duma and Mila are going crazy for instance), but he's still Proto-Validar and clearly not a nice guy by any means. Hell, even if you ignore the scenes that Celica isn't there for where he's crackling like a stereotypical villain he still tries to kill her friends at least once and blatantly says he'll drive the continent into chaos right in front of her, so there's no reason for her to believe he's being sincere. So when she goes along with what he's doing, even though it's obvious to everyone in and out of the game that he's playing her, it just makes her look terribly naïve at best.

The sad thing is it was pretty easy to fix too, just have him put on a nice guy act, maybe put on a disguise, and there you go, Celica believing him is now at least somewhat understandable. As it is now though, Celica definitely doesn't come out looking smart after the whole thing.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Diamond Ice's stage theme is pretty good. It's hard to top most of the Classic and MMX songs, but There's plenty of good stuff from the two RPG series.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Lord Dracula had won his own poll with ease. Galamoth was probably seen as boss material, Satan is an unpopular villain, and Walter probably didn't make much of an impact with his role. That leaves Castlevania officially finished for these few days.

Next is another big Konami franchise that was seen as Hudson's biggest character before the buyout and got a decent selling revival on the Switch. The one and only robotic lifeform that can blow **** up with few cares and still look cute. Your choices are Bomberman (who can have the colors of his siblings), Pretty Bomber, Max from Jetters, and Louie (since he's the Yoshi of Bomberman).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Bomberman will probably blow this one away because he's the most necessary inclusion.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

This morning I dominated several people cuz they were literally doing nothin but grabs and simply punching to counter...

And if you've been thrown you can roll in different directions to mix up instead of just standing up straight every time...

GIT GUD!!
That's pretty much the fundamental fighting game triangle. As tried and true almost as bottomless pits in platformers.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well.... I just awoke from a 8 or so hour nap after being at an event that lasted until 7 AM in the morning...

> sees Fire Emblem, ARMS Testpunch, and Chrom's Birthday being talked about

Well... guess I should go back to watching YouTube videos then and wishing this boredom would disappear? Happy Birthday to Chrom either way. :p

In-case you're wondering, I can't play the ARMS Testpunch as I don't have a Switch yet and I still have 2 weeks left before I am on my summer break...

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I guess that explains why Ive been doing pretty well in ARMS :p Grabs have been the least of my worries as I usually go in for punches. Also, Ribbon Girls multiples jumps help me dodge said grabs. The Slapamander Arm is awesome because its got excellent curvature to flank my opponents. I didnt like the Popper or whatever that firework arm was, but it was useful in FFAs, so I equipped it every once in a while.

Chrono.

Diamond Ice's stage theme is pretty good. It's hard to top most of the Classic and MMX songs, but There's plenty of good stuff from the two RPG series.

Favorite theme from that game is still this.

It's a shame you only hear it in a short segment.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lord Dracula had won his own poll with ease. Galamoth was probably seen as boss material, Satan is an unpopular villain, and Walter probably didn't make much of an impact with his role. That leaves Castlevania officially finished for these few days.

Next is another big Konami franchise that was seen as Hudson's biggest character before the buyout and got a decent selling revival on the Switch. The one and only robotic lifeform that can blow **** up with few cares and still look cute. Your choices are Bomberman (who can have the colors of his siblings), Pretty Bomber, Max from Jetters, and Louie (since he's the Yoshi of Bomberman).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Bomberman will probably blow this one away because he's the most necessary inclusion.
I would say, Pretty wouldn't be bad a clone option and neither would Max.

But White Bomber is easily the way to go.

And I'm sure how the heck a Louie would work as a fighter....

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

GIT GUD!!
Ive blocked grabs with punches yes, Im talking about when I get knocked down and they instantly grab

But fine, lets just say get good

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ive blocked grabs with punches yes, Im talking about when I get knocked down and they instantly grab

But fine, lets just say get good
As I said you can mix up where you roll after you get knocked down if you hold in one direction, which makes it harder to predict where they can grab...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Almost forgot, big fans like @Xeno610 and @Boo_Destroyer shouldn't be left out. Even though Bomberman would win anyway. lol

Funny how I'm having so much fun taking with friends about guilty pleasures.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't know much about Pegasus Knights in general. I honestly couldn't find much uses for the Whitewings and they're pretty much benched (I mean I'll use them but only for minor support roles).

Clair has been amazing though, which is weird because I thought she was rubbish at first, and also was told that by everyone else. But I've turned her into a representation of "physical perfection". :p

Also Hinoka was an unrivalled Res tank for me in Birthright.

D

Deleted member

I don't know much about Pegasus Knights in general. I honestly couldn't find much uses for the Whitewings and they're pretty much benched (I mean I'll use them but only for minor support roles).

Clair has been amazing though, which is weird because I thought she was rubbish at first, and also was told that by everyone else. But I've turned her into a representation of "physical perfection". :p

Also Hinoka was an unrivalled Res tank for me in Birthright.
Pegasus Knights are pretty simple to understand. They're fast, have great movement, have good resistance, and have serviceable attack.

However, they're also very frail since they usually have low hp and defense. Not to mention, in games that have it, they have low constitution which can slow them down drastically depending on the weapon.

Wyvern riders are generally better than pegasus knights in MOST FE games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom