• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Death won with massive support with some vocal support for Shaft. Carmilla and Olnox were proven to be unpopular, the former possibly because of her nudity and the latter for his obscurity.

Next are the big bads of Castlevania that made an impact on the franchise, manifested by and far weaker than Chaos. One of these is a certain vampire known for his titular demonic castle. Your choices are Dracula, Lord of Shadow's Satan, Galamoth, and Lament of Innocent's Walter Bernhard.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Won't be long until it's Bomberman time.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
dispite the fact nin asked them several times to stop and they didnt?

Japans law is weird
Money talks louder than "please."

Until the courts hit em in the wallet, they're gonna keep on karting.

Honestly the experience seems so awesome I'd normally be on the karters' side 100%, but if there was any kind of accident or traffic hangup from them, that lawsuit could be a whole world of trouble more than the one they're facing now. Mixed feelings.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Money talks louder than "please."

Until the courts hit em in the wallet, they're gonna keep on karting.

Honestly the experience seems so awesome I'd normally be on the karters' side 100%, but if there was any kind of accident or traffic hangup from them, that lawsuit could be a whole world of trouble more than the one they're facing now. Mixed feelings.
well they are using Nintendos characters for profit sooo..Idk. It'll catch up with them like a blue shell at the finish line sooner or later

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
well they are using Nintendos characters for profit sooo..Idk. It'll catch up with them like a blue shell at the finish line sooner or later
They're only safe for now because of a technicality.
They aren't selling the costumes. It's a next door shop.

And I think the kart design is not copyrightable. That's how they have been getting away with this.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well.

I think Orisa is my main.
My recent Overwatch gameplay report...
I play with my brother in Asian server, and let me tell ya, Asian servers (especially in Taiwan) have literally the most toxic and obnoxious community ever. They don't usually play well and when there's a pro, chances are they will trash other team, or vice versa if anyone plays bad, they seems to have a lot time typing and accusing players not playing well.
You might think I'm overreacted, but trust me, this is why I don't play Asian servers for a while.
There was one match and there's a smurf Widowmaker, smurf players are those pros who are those have multiple accounts and tend to play with the low level account and win or use characters they want to train with. And that Widow was pretty good but also a douchbag.... typed the match is boring and started flame war in the comment section.
I use Reaper and Soldier the most, but I found myself either play bad because of lag or just my teammates aren't helping. I also need to get my Soldier Ult right, I have a terrible timing of using his ult a lot.
Also not winning with Mei at all today, don't if just me unlucky or I'm just suck...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Back from the new Attack on Titan episode.

I'm actually surprised they incorporated a certain flashback that originally appeared in Chapter 77, but it didn't appear in Chapter 46-47, what this episode covered...

I'm referring to the Marco flashback.

We don't see the full-thing compared to when it shows up later in the series, but they show enough of the important bits for anyone watching to figure out what happened to Marco and that the RBA trio was definitely involved (Marco screaming "Reiner" gives it away). The way how it was incorporated into the episode was ultimately there to highlight Reiner's split personality disorder between his "soldier" and "warrior" personas, and the very nature of the flashback was done in a way to imply PTSD coming from Reiner. I'm sure we'll see the full flashback once the anime covers Chapter 77, assuming the anime will even reach season 4.

Other than that, this was another dialogue-heavy episode, but it was very interesting. I actually reread the chapter this episode covered, and they were definitely accurate to the source material (minus the Marco flashback of course, but like I said in the paragraph above, I think the flashback was incorporated very nicely).

I'm very glad that Eren's monologue was fully incorporated here. In episode 2 when Eren brought up the basement, the anime left out an important line where he said, "Once I find the secret in the basement, I will know who to really direct this anger toward." That line was important to Eren's development because it shows Eren was contemplating about his emotions. Here, Eren says, "In order to get information from Reiner and Bertolt, I need to suppress my emotions." This line is great because it shows Eren is aware about how he will react, and he thinks it through.

Yes, Eren does snap out at Reiner in this episode, but I think the anime made Eren look better in this scene compared to the manga. The reason? Because we see his emotions animated and here him speak. Yuki Kaji nailed the emotions in Eren's character during that scene: shock, confusion, and disgust over what he is learning. Still, we haven't reached the point where Eren becomes truly likable yet. It's the end of this season and the next arc where he gets that great development.

Reiner and Ymir were pretty great too. The anime captures the differences of Reiner's emotions when he is in soldier mode versus warrior mode. The way the camera shook as he was switching into his warrior self was a very nice touch, and it made you go, "Oh snap, he got triggered!"

Ymir was pretty casual with everything going on. Too bad she got interrupted when she was about to reveal who the real enemy is, but those who know Japanese might have an idea what she was going to say if they picked up on the single Japanese letter she said right when Reiner interrupted her.

The bit with the military running toward the forrest was good too. I really liked the scene when Hannes tells Mikasa to not rush too much and remain calm. It makes the audience feel more attached to his character as he acts like a father-figure.

In all, this was a pretty good episode. Definitely liked it more than last week. We're not reaching the point where this season really becomes epic. Next episode is when the intensity begins!

It also seems the next week will also include another flashback that wasn't in this arc in the manga, but was covered in one of the most recent chapters: Child Ymir from Chapter 89 to be exact:

Makes me wonder how they will incorporate the flashback. Obviously, they can't reveal the whole thing because it contains massive spoilers for what happens later in the series, so my guess is that they will include bits and pieces of it to into whatever Ymir will be going next episode, similar to how the Marco flashback had small bits of it without showing the full thing to highlight Reiner's split personality disorder.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If anyone didn't expect me to change the title for this, they're lying to themselves.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I have a whole lot of money on my Amazon account but I'm not using it. I'm trying to decide whether I should buy a Miguel Sano jersey or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with it.

(Read's Title)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHROM!!!!!!!!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One hour until the next ARMS demo run.

Oh, and happy berfdai Opossum!

EDIT: Whoops! Misread :/

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
If CN plays Cloudy with a chance or How to train your dragon one mire time, I swear.

They dont have any other movies they could play?
They're only safe for now because of a technicality.
They aren't selling the costumes. It's a next door shop.

And I think the kart design is not copyrightable. That's how they have been getting away with this.
I think they were using the characters to promote themselves but eh, itll bite them in the butt. maybe not now but yeah

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
If anyone didn't expect me to change the title for this, they're lying to themselves.
I was actually planning on making a birthday post for Chrom and tagging you to remind you about the day.

But I'll still show some Chrom appreciation anyway.

Happy Birthday Chrom!

^If you're considering some new Chrom avatar material, I think this image is pretty good.

D

Deleted member

As usual, I play catch up with LWA and am pleased to say this was the gayest episode they have had so far
Screenshot_2017-05-27-13-23-09.png

Look at this qt lil lesbian witch

Screenshot_2017-05-27-13-21-50.png

"Don't believe in me. Believe in the heart who believes in you!"

Also, on MHA, Uraraka vs. Kacchan was hype, though I'm more excited about next week's one.

Also, happy b-day Chrom
Chrom is trash.
Remind me to call you trash on your birthday and let's see how you feel about that

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yes as if we needed more Fire Emblem conversations here
But it's Fire Emblem birthday conversations. You can never have enough of those.

The real problem is we don't talk about Kid Icarus nearly enough.

Well, that and not being able to hold a conversation about Sonic without two or three driveby comments.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of Fire Emblem character ages though, apparently each playable Echoes character has a canonical age that's been confirmed due to data mining. This is because originally they wanted the of-age characters to be able to drink the Wine and Ale to heal, but decided against it to not give them an unfair advantage. Some of the ages are pretty surprising, even by Fire Emblem standards.

Delthea: 13

Kliff & Genny: 15

Boey & Est: 16

Alm, Celica, Tobin & Mae: 17

Gray, Faye & Clair: 18

Silque: 19

Catria & Atlas: 20

Conrad: 21

Luthier: 22

Palla: 23

Lukas, Leon & Jesse: 24

Forsyth, Python & Sonya: 25

Clive: 27

Mathilda, Tatiana & Kamui: 28

Zeke: 29

Deen: 30

Valbar: 31

Saber: 34

Mycen: 65

Nomah: 71

This really makes the implication that Genny married Saber even squickier. Though to be fair, it never said they married immediately. Hell, it's only implied to be Saber.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of Fire Emblem character ages though, apparently each playable Echoes character has a canonical age that's been confirmed due to data mining. This is because originally they wanted the of-age characters to be able to drink the Wine and Ale to heal, but decided against it to not give them an unfair advantage. Some of the ages are pretty surprising, even by Fire Emblem standards.

This really makes the implication that Genny married Saber even squickier. Though to be fair, it never said they married immediately. Hell, it's only implied to be Saber.
The opinion on how the canon age affects GennyXSaber is very divided
One half thinks it makes it squick and reject the pairing
The other thinks it helps the argument because of Genny's comments on how she prefers older men

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The opinion on how the canon age affects GennyXSaber is very divided
One half thinks it makes it squick and reject the pairing
The other thinks it helps the argument because of Genny's comments on how she prefers older men

The fact that she explicitly states she likes older men is what points to Saber in the first place. :p

I think it's squicky if they were 15 and 34 when they were married, but if they married when she was older I don't take issue with it. At that point they're both consenting adults and all.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Some of the bosses, too, for some reason:
Brigand Boss: 38
Desaix: 43
Slayde: 32
Barth: 35
Nuibaba: 124
Jedah: 147 (even though Sonya is 25)
Rudolf: 50
Gharn: 100

The rest all have 30 as presumably placeholder data, including Duma, who is obviously a lot older than that, the children in the prologue, who are obviously a lot younger than 30, and the amiibo characters (Marth would be 17 or 18 chronologically during the events of SoV).

I wonder why they have ages for the bosses, when none of them could ever have used the alcoholic items anyway. I guess they just really got into it, or even expected people to find the data, and wanted to give them a treat.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Like 80% of the people that visit this thread are weird people with anime avatars that love the franchise, a franchise that is also receiving a lot of games lately so, yeah, prepare yourself for more.

Ugh.
Fiiiire Emmbureem,

Tough simulation.

When you'll begin playing it, you won't be able to sleep anymore.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
As usual, I play catch up with LWA and am pleased to say this was the gayest episode they have had so far
View attachment 129864
Look at this qt lil lesbian witch

View attachment 129865
"Don't believe in me. Believe in the heart who believes in you!"

Also, on MHA, Uraraka vs. Kacchan was hype, though I'm more excited about next week's one.

Also, happy b-day Chrom

Remind me to call you trash on your birthday and let's see how you feel about that

My mom already does that hah
Some of the bosses, too, for some reason:
Brigand Boss: 38
Desaix: 43
Slayde: 32
Barth: 35
Nuibaba: 124
Jedah: 147 (even though Sonya is 25)
Rudolf: 50
Gharn: 100

The rest all have 30 as presumably placeholder data, including Duma, who is obviously a lot older than that, the children in the prologue, who are obviously a lot younger than 30, and the amiibo characters (Marth would be 17 or 18 chronologically during the events of SoV).

I wonder why they have ages for the bosses, when none of them could ever have used the alcoholic items anyway. I guess they just really got into it, or even expected people to find the data, and wanted to give them a treat.
Nuibaba is Aversa V2 right?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just beat the main story. Holy ****, that final map was intense
Duma's especially terrifying as he, like Jedah, needs to be attacked 3 times before he can even be hit. And he hurts like HELL! And Alm is required to beat him. They even gave him a cutscene on the final hit, just like in Gaiden, even if Gaiden's impressed me more
Oh, and should Alm and Celica be next to each other in Gaiden, they got guaranteed crits in Gaiden. Try it! The OG Support!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Duma's especially terrifying as he, like Jedah, needs to be attacked 3 times before he can even be hit.
He doesn't, you probably just got unlucky. Anyone can hit Duma as long as his HP is over 52; once he goes below 52 HP and starts using Oculus, that's when you send in Alm with the Falchion to finish the job. Or you can use your Saints with Nosferatu, or the Marth or Roy amiibo.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
He doesn't, you probably just got unlucky. Anyone can hit Duma as long as his HP is over 52; once he goes below 52 HP and starts using Oculus, that's when you send in Alm with the Falchion to finish the job. Or you can use your Saints with Nosferatu, or the Marth or Roy amiibo.
Then I have no ****ing clue how the attack nullification skill works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom