• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Monster Hunter XX for Switch trailer. Doesn't much other than, yeah, it's a port. And it supports Cross-play.

They also announced a Switch bundle for it that has a new design... For the Dock only.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's a new Mega Man X figure that comes with a Ride Chaser. It looks like it'll change into armor too. I think it was designed by the guy who drew some Gundam 00 stuff.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Now how the **** am I supposed to beat the Final Boss of Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Now how the **** am I supposed to beat the Final Boss of Xenoblade Chronicles X?
You look up the final battle on youtube and get angry at Nintendo's decision for okay-ing this.
What part are you stuck at? The part with the orbs that only take 1HP damage? Because the game doesn't tell you that Skells can only do 1 damage per hit on those and that you have to get out of the mech. Which is stupid because there are 7 of those ****ers and there's still the Vita, which the orbs buff, heal and make invincible if left alone for too long
Easily the worst designed final boss I have seen in gaming

D

Deleted member

Well, to be fair, I actually did think that @Shishœ was talking about actual shorts, I wasn't trying to be clever or anything.
Why would anyone want animated shorts? You wouldn't even be able to wear them!
They were both bad. All Nickelodeon and Disney Channel live action shows are.
Drake and Josh was a masterpiece
iCarly was genius
Everything else just sort of existed

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Why would anyone want animated shorts? You wouldn't even be able to wear them!

Drake and Josh was a masterpiece
iCarly was genius
Everything else just sort of existed

But shorts are meant to be comfy and easy to wear.

D

Deleted member

I'm not even watching Ghast's LP because of spoilers but can I just talk about how perfect his thumbnails are?
Screenshot_2017-05-27-06-54-15-1.png

This is a question you must ask people who have waifus and ****
Alright...
Gwen, what's the point of animated shorts?
But shorts are meant to be comfy and easy to wear.
Shorts suck, everyone knows skirts are superior, they're much more comfy and easy to wear

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You look up the final battle on youtube and get angry at Nintendo's decision for okay-ing this.
What part are you stuck at? The part with the orbs that only take 1HP damage? Because the game doesn't tell you that Skells can only do 1 damage per hit on those and that you have to get out of the mech. Which is stupid because there are 7 of those ****ers and there's still the Vita, which the orbs buff, heal and make invincible if left alone for too long
Easily the worst designed final boss I have seen in gaming
Well you see. I did not know the skells stayed destroyed so I tried the second part on foot.

That was a mistake. I can beat the first couple waves of orbs but after that I get to one where the orbs only take 1 or 2 damage on foot.

I'm not sure what to do.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I suppose this is rather late, but my impression of ARMS is that. . .I am far too uncoordinated to actually play the game as intended, LOL. I got grabbing down pretty easily, but I had almost no idea how to actually move so the instant someone wasn't right in front of me it was pretty much game over. That and as I feared I'm just kind of bad at 3D fighters in general, most people were just plain better than me even motion controls aside and I imagine a truly skilled player would destroy me outright.

For some reason camera controls are the most motion controls I can usually handle. Any implementation different than that and I crumble to pieces.

Don't get me wrong, though, I played the whole hour. I mean, it's free, why not? I do think the arm extending mechanic actually makes it more accessible than a normal 3D fighter would be, dealing with a closing gap between characters isn't as much of a hassle as it seems like it would be otherwise. That doesn't mean it can't be competitive, though, the mechanics look like they leave plenty of room for players to become more skilled. Those players would just have to git gud at the motion controls and with the type of people that flip out at the idea of so much as using a slightly different controller to play a game I can imagine the idea of using motion controls must be short circuiting the brains of many gamers that usually go out of their way to compete in other fighters.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well you see. I did not know the skells stayed destroyed so I tried the second part on foot.

That was a mistake. I can beat the first couple waves of orbs but after that I get to one where the orbs only take 1 or 2 damage on foot.

I'm not sure what to do.
Jesus they REALLY ****ed up that boss. Can't help you
Also only got 2 characters to recruit left in Echoes! Yaaaaas!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Jesus they REALLY ****ed up that boss. Can't help you
Also only got 2 characters to recruit left in Echoes! Yaaaaas!
The game was really good until this part.

Ah well, I'm going to grind to get that Level 50 Skell.

Then maybe I'll stand a chance.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*sigh*

Reading the comments on a Reddit post praising ARMS. . .the comments whine about negative reactions being downvoted, but several comments complaining about the game are upvoted and then you hit a loooooong list of positive comments with downvotes at the bottom.

Holy chocolate balls how insecure do you have to be about not liking a game.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*sigh*

Reading the comments on a Reddit post praising ARMS. . .the comments whine about negative reactions being downvoted, but several comments complaining about the game are upvoted and then you hit a loooooong list of positive comments with downvotes at the bottom.

Holy chocolate balls how insecure do you have to be about not liking a game.
If its the Switch reddit.

That place has a bad habit of ****ting on itself. They're more quick to insult themselves or assume the worst then other places I've seen.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i love how arms has brought back the fighting game meme of "throws are cheap" in full force

D

Deleted member

I know it's kinda late but since the Testpunch was yesterday, I think it'd be a good idea to change the thread poll to an Arms one.
i love how arms has brought back the fighting game meme of "throws are cheap" in full force
You clearly have never played Jojo HftF then

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think I just won more in the past ten minutes than I did the entire hour yesterday, LOL. I am bizarrely on fire today!

I guess it helps that I finally had it sink in I was holding the Joy-Cons the wrong way, LOL. Not that I'm moving MUCH better.

*EDIT* Might have clicked?? Not sure.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
welp i discovered the point limit in vball

also "discovered" the secret to changeing you characters color and by discovered i mean i watched gamexplains video on it which ill post right here

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Caught the morning testpunch.

I sucked. I sucked terribly.

I feel it's less due to the controls and more due to mastery of them, however. Fiddled with Min-Min (couldn't seem to time the counter right) Master Mummy (bulky isn't my usual bag, decided to shelve him for now) and Ninjara (the art of the chaingrab is apparently useless in my hands) and got, like...5 bucks total, maybe, by the end of it.

Game itself seemed to play fair (other than chaingrabbing ninjas, **** them up the ass with a Megaton), I just couldn't play worth a damn. This is acceptable, if frustrating. Really wish I'd figured out how to switch to gamepad mode by the end.

All considered though, had fun. I'll try to catch the afternoon testpunch as well.

D

Deleted member

Isn't Plague of Shadows already in Treasure Trove?

Final battle of Act 4, great music, climactic moment and "If I die, everyone surrender"
WARP SHENANIGANS!
I would think so too, unless the Switch version still only has SoT

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Caught the morning testpunch.

I sucked. I sucked terribly.

I feel it's less due to the controls and more due to mastery of them, however. Fiddled with Min-Min (couldn't seem to time the counter right) Master Mummy (bulky isn't my usual bag, decided to shelve him for now) and Ninjara (the art of the chaingrab is apparently useless in my hands) and got, like...5 bucks total, maybe, by the end of it.

Game itself seemed to play fair (other than chaingrabbing ninjas, **** them up the *** with a Megaton), I just couldn't play worth a damn. This is acceptable, if frustrating. Really wish I'd figured out how to switch to gamepad mode by the end.

All considered though, had fun. I'll try to catch the afternoon testpunch as well.
Yeah, the first time I had no idea what I was doing, and the second time went MUCH better. This was after a full hour of the first time, though. I imagine from your description you only managed to get 3-5 matches, I got over thirty bucks just off of sheer persistence the first time around.

Remember to keep the Joy-Cons tilted inward 90 degrees if you haven't! That actually really helps!

Remember to use the specific Arms that fit whatever your playstyle or capability is, too. Or cheapness. I kept using Minmin with both arms as dragons today, LOL.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So thoughts of Arms?

It's definitely a lot of fun...takes some getting used to a few times I dropped one of the joy-con (thank god for the straps) because I was just not used to using them in such a way and was trying to be more delicate than what I needed to be...I also found myself trying to use the joy stick by accident instead of tilting to move...But after about 20 minutes of play or so I managed to get more or less the hang of it...There's definitely a bit of a learning curve with this game so it's just a matter of practice so far...I'm curious if I can use the joy-con in handheld mode (I assume you can) cuz being able to just play without flailing your arms where-ever you are could be fun so I'll see if I can try that out to see how the traditional control scheme works in comparison...

With that said I managed to use all the characters (except Spring Man) definitely liking Minmin so far, her kicks are great for knocking away attacks when most other characters will often get hit during their dashes, especially if dashing into their attacks by accident which does happen a lot with me...Also liked Ribbon Girl...Probably should've gave Helix another shot as he was the first character I chose so I just got bodied without actually getting a good grasp of the character...and as a bit of a dark horse Master Mummy was pretty decent as well...

V-ball was alright, at times it felt like my punches were just going anywhere except where the ball was, and getting stuck at the net happened a lot...with the way the controls work it's easy to accidentally block instead of move so you just get stuck at times...

Hated the 3-way mode tbh...at least at this point where I'm still learning the ropes, but there are situations that you almost can't come back from such as getting caught in the middle, or when both opponents double team you...

The Online connection felt more or less pretty smooth, didn't notice any lag and no disconnection issues, there were one or two people who got disconnected on the other end but overall no major problems, the online interface is actually really clean and I like that you can still go into a practice mode while waiting so it gave me an opportunity to get used to the controls without getting bodied, it's also pretty neat how you can indirectly spectate matches by seeing what's happening with each match you're not a part of...

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So, how credible is this site?
http://www.thenintendochannel.com/releases/
Because I'm looking at the TBA section and almost having a heart attack

It doesn't seem...not credible?

I'm still trying to figure out where it's all sourced from; unless it has an official announcement backing it up, it seems pretty hush hush about the matter.

Yeah, the first time I had no idea what I was doing, and the second time went MUCH better. This was after a full hour of the first time, though. I imagine from your description you only managed to get 3-5 matches, I got over thirty bucks just off of sheer persistence the first time around.

Remember to keep the Joy-Cons tilted inward 90 degrees if you haven't! That actually really helps!

Remember to use the specific Arms that fit whatever your playstyle or capability is, too. Or cheapness. I kept using Minmin with both arms as dragons today, LOL.
Yeah, I hopped in at the 30 min mark.

Was holding the cons straight up and down most of the match, so I'll try the next testpunch with the 90 degree suggestion. Presume it's an autoguard strategy?

Honestly I think my mobility was the biggest flaw. I can spam punches if I must, I just couldn't really move. The dash/jumps didn't seem to come out how or when I wanted them to, and moving side to side otherwise is laboriously slow.

Combined with my already less-than-agile reaction time:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hello there! As some of you may know, GG Revelator 2 is out on PS3 and PS4!...Or atleast, for some peoples. For us, PS3 PAL user, it is impossible to download the version 1.05 of the game. Which is required to play the new content that Rev 2 provide. Some person complained to PGube that the patch wasn't out, but they replied that the patch is live for everyone, which isn't the case and apparantly not the first time. (GG Sign for PAL user didn't have any update from what I heard)

So, if you want to help peoples like me who want to enjoy the latest update of an awesome fighting game at it's fullest. Please click the link here.

https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/868240580572086276

And reply that the update is still NOT out for PS3 PAL user. PGube need to realize that this problem might cause alot of problem, they need to fix this as soon as possible before everyone ask for refund (which I will do if this isn't fixed in the next weeks) and lost the trust they have to their consumer.

Spread this as much as possible, and until then, thanks for any help you can provide. :)

And finally, I tag @MF Viewtiful because, hey, gotta find all the help you need, right?:070:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Man, with my current schedule, I'll probably only be really active on weekends.

And by the way, I'm on the last case of Spirit of Justice.

I can say I've loved the game so far. Easily the one of best AA games till date, comparable to Trials and Tribulations, with the sole exception of Sahdhmadhi. He's among my least favourite character in the series. I liked freaking Winston Payne more than him.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If anyone's interested in ARMS and doesn't quite want to pay full price, it's $51 on Amazon right now. Apparently Prime is a couple bucks cheaper or something.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If anyone's interested in ARMS and doesn't quite want to pay full price, it's $51 on Amazon right now. Apparently Prime is a couple bucks cheaper or something.
My nopes from Amazon grew after hearing more stories of how they messed up someones FE Echoes collecters edition. I cant trust Amazon with even a peice of paper

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Here are all the color swaps for the 7 characters:

To choose your color: Click the left stick down, move it left, right, or down (up is default) then press A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom