• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I need to find out when Killer Instinct is going to show off the next character at Combo Breaker.

The wait is keeling me.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Unfortunately I wasn't able to get home for the 2 o'clock testpunch, during the morning and the early afternoon work was dead-dead-dead-dead....ten to 2 it's mad busy and doesn't stop until 3:30... :c

However I was able to sneak off for the 8 o'clock testpunch (work just straight up flat-lined at the end of my shift, it's usually pretty busy at the end of the night)

Tried out the traditional controls on the handheld set-up...was not too bad tbh...felt like I needed to keep consious of angling my punches and blocking since I hardly did that at all while in that set-up but it felt pretty good overall...still need more time with both configurations before I can really say which one is better...This traditional set-up is definitely a lot better for movement I'd say since you just use the joy-stick and tilting your hands can be a little awkward when you're not used to it, but the motion controls are probably a lot more precise for aiming...If that's anything to go by competitively offensive players may prefer the thumbs up config while more defensive players may prefer the Pro controller...we'll see however...

Was able to use Springman this time, basically just so I can say I used every character, Mr. Basic of this game doesn't really interest me much though his ability that powers him up when his health is low is pretty neat, but not exactly something people should rely on...

Had more time with MinMin and Ribbon Girl who are both making very strong cases for being my mains...Neglected using Helix again so I'll give him a good run tomorrow morning, but I'm liking what the other two are offering...both of them were on my short list from before playing the game...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
> Goes on YouTube
> Sees a stream of "Spinning a Fidget Spinner for 24 Hour Straight" in recommendations

Why the flying hell do we allow these toxins to exist?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I have no idea why these Fidget Spinners suddenly became so popular... I guess the internet decided they were bored and wanted to torture everyone with another pointless meme? >_>

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I have no idea why these Fidget Spinners suddenly became so popular... I guess the internet decided they were bored and wanted to torture everyone with another pointless meme? >_>
because people with ADHD like the things because they were made to keep us preocupied

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, this autocensor thing needs some fixing because I'm tired of getting infractions because the damn thing didn't do its job
If it can't get it, then it shouldn't be against the rules

"Zeta Gundam is pretty good. Although I have no idea how they will get anything done in 26 episodes"

>50 episodes
>im only on 8

"oh"
more episodes is better for me because more good stuff though

Also lol Mobile Suit Gundam has a fake McDonalds called McDaniels

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly people make way too much of a fuss over Fidget Spinners. I don't get it, but hey, if people enjoy them, who am I to say something?

The internet just needs a scapegoat I guess.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not attacking Fidget Spinners themselves.

But there's no reason anyone should have a 24 hour straight stream for such

D

Deleted member

Honestly people make way too much of a fuss over Fidget Spinners. I don't get it, but hey, if people enjoy them, who am I to say something?

The internet just needs a scapegoat I guess.
It's more so due to it being trendy than the fidget spinners themselves.

I mean, it's just rotating plastic. Yeah, it being so trendy doesn't make much sense at and can be pretty annoying, but acting like they're so cancerous(the fidget spinners themselves, at least) is just as ludicrous.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm not attacking Fidget Spinners themselves.

But there's no reason anyone should have a 24 hour straight stream for such
Oh I didn't mean you specifically, I just meant in general, haha.

But hey, ad revenue. :p

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Remember when I said one of the avatars I was planning for the future would probably be an Echoes character?

Well, since I'm still feeling that Echoes hype, I changed my avatar to one of my favorite Echoes characters.

The Masked Knight was a pretty cool and great character in my book, and I think he deserves more appreciation.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I tutor, and while fidget spinners can occasionally help (giving some students something to do with their hands can help them with concentrating), it seems like they're more of a distraction than anything else.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'm personally more annoyed by the people expressing their disdain for fidget spinners. God forbid people enjoy something you don't, and as an added bonus it actually helps people out.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So one of the special Kozaki Yusuke Maps for Fire Emblem Heroes is really great for getting EXP and Hero Merit for your Blue characters. Basically, it's a Map with 3 Level 40 Sword characters and 1 Level 40 Staff character. Specifically, Marth, Roy, Lyn and Wrys. They don't have any skills gotten by Skill Inheritance, so it's Marth, Roy, Lyn and Wrys with their top weapons and skills that they have on their own.
http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Trial_2:_Kozaki_Yusuke
Basically, this is a very good map for leveling up Blue Heroes and getting Hero Merit. What's more, the Normal Mode map not only still has the characters at Level 40, but it's only 5 Stamina to enter the normal mode. So you can do the Map around 20-22 times, compared to 11 times and relying on lucky picks on the Training Tower. The characters are still decently strong though, so make sure you have a unit that has decent defense and resistance, as well as some characters that have skills that raise Defense/Resistance and a Healer.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
P R A I S E B E

Between this and E3 (which is only two weeks before CEO 2017), we'll have a wealth of Marvel Infinite information by June. I'm excited to say the least :b: :p

D

Deleted member

I'm personally more annoyed by the people expressing their disdain for fidget spinners. God forbid people enjoy something you don't, and as an added bonus it actually helps people out.
God does forbid it, sinner. Thou musn't like fidget spinners, or thou art an 10 year old autist and cuck.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My opinion on Fidget Spinners...

----

So, what alt colours do you guys use for your characters in Arms?

For me I like Black Ribbon Girl and Yellow Minmin...Blue or Yellow Helix are cool as well...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I hate the people who use them in the bathroom. Like, can I **** in peace and quiet please?!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
My opinion on Fidget Spinners...

----

So, what alt colours do you guys use for your characters in Arms?

For me I like Black Ribbon Girl and Yellow Minmin...Blue or Yellow Helix are cool as well...
Camo Mechanica
Red Ninjara
Black/Red Master Mummy
Red/Black Min Min
Blue/Green Spring Man
Orange/Green Ribbon Girl
Pink Helix

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Got to try out arms today, and man its pretty fun.

So simple but also filled with depth. I love the characters and it's just addicting and good fun. Minmin was my favorite to play as. Mr mummy is pretty cool to though. Definitely going to pick it up, it's pretty addicting and good imo.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'm curious, what depth are people seeing in ARMS? I keep seeing it brought up, but I'm not seeing anyone elaborate on it. I can see why people may find it enjoyable, but deep? I struggle.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Got to try out arms today, and man its pretty fun.

So simple but also filled with depth. I love the characters and it's just addicting and good fun. Minmin was my favorite to play as. Mr mummy is pretty cool to though. Definitely going to pick it up, it's pretty addicting and good imo.
yeah, I think I may actually get the game as well.

I'm super late then. I got Clair not too long ago XD
Oh you are SUPER late then haha

go back into the theives cave and go to the Mila statue. Just go to the Mila statue option and you can change classes.

Most likely Lukas will be able to upgrade too f you have been using him

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm curious, what depth are people seeing in ARMS? I keep seeing it brought up, but I'm not seeing anyone elaborate on it. I can see why people may find it enjoyable, but deep? I struggle.
I'll pipe in.

This game seems to be a game focused on mindgames and reads.

The depth there is all mental, with practically no technical skill.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll pipe in.

That actually sounds fun, because what usually holds me back in many fighting games is the technical side, I'm more so good when it comes to the mind games of them.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The depth is primarily focused in the Arms that the fighters use...

Each character has three signature Arms, each Arm has 1 of 7 elements that can affect how certain match-ups are played...Ice can be handy against faster characters, fire can be handy against heavier characters, etc...
Arms are also categorized by weight light, medium and heavy and that can affect certain match-ups also...
In addition in the final game each character can unlock new Arms (which gives them more options for fighting in addition to their signature Arms) which can also be upgraded...

With all that said each character has their own special attributes, Mechanica and Master Mummy are heavy and don't flinch while Ribbon Girl and Ninjara are very speedy, plus each character has their own special abilities which can give them certain advantages and disadvantages in certain situations...

Finally, the stages...Unlike most fighting games you're typically not playing on a level playing field and can use your surroundings to your advantage; trampolines, skateboards, slopes, obstacles, etc....

There's also items that appear on the battlefield that can restore health or deal damage...

Couple all this with the actual execution of playing the game and how you approach each match-up and how you use the basic fighting triangle as you fight...

Smash is not too dissimilar as the controls are very simple, but a number of outside factors as well as character attributes effect how deep the game actually can be...

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The mental aspect is present in all fighting games, but generally the depth is largely determined on which Arms you use, how you use each character's special abilities, and how you approach each matchup which changes a lot because of how many combinations are available in game...

Let's take Helix for example...
Give him an Ice Dragon and a Guardian, paired with his slippery movements this is going to be a very defensive character, hanging back using projectiles and blocking with the Guardian and slipping in and out dodging attacks...

Alternatively take Helix again and now give him a Slapamander and a Megaton...Now we got a more offensive character that'll focus on chip damage and landing heavy hits for more damage, his movements could now be used to get in rather than get out...

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think there's a going to be a tonne of depth in Arms, but we haven't seen it yet. Once we see all the Arms and character combinations we'll know more.

It's simplistic, yes, but there certainly are different tactics to implement.

Not sure if it'll become a competitive mainstay, but it'll be experimented with that's for sure.

I feel the characters could do with a 1.5x speed boost* though. That's pretty standard fighting games though.

*the ground speed, not punches.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'll pipe in.

If it's just purely mindgames and reads, something all fighting games require, especially at the higher levels, then ARMS is lacking a ton in comparison.

The depth is primarily focused in the Arms that the fighters use...

Each character has three signature Arms, each Arm has 1 of 7 elements that can affect how certain match-ups are played...Ice can be handy against faster characters, fire can be handy against heavier characters, etc...
Arms are also categorized by weight light, medium and heavy and that can affect certain match-ups also...
In addition in the final game each character can unlock new Arms (which gives them more options for fighting in addition to their signature Arms) which can also be upgraded...

With all that said each character has their own special attributes, Mechanica and Master Mummy are heavy and don't flinch while Ribbon Girl and Ninjara are very speedy, plus each character has their own special abilities which can give them certain advantages and disadvantages in certain situations...

Finally, the stages...Unlike most fighting games you're typically not playing on a level playing field and can use your surroundings to your advantage; trampolines, skateboards, slopes, obstacles, etc....

There's also items that appear on the battlefield that can restore health or deal damage...

Couple all this with the actual execution of playing the game and how you approach each match-up and how you use the basic fighting triangle as you fight...

Smash is not too dissimilar as the controls are very simple, but a number of outside factors as well as character attributes effect how deep the game actually can be...
The thing about Smash though is that the player's individual style can shine through. I don't see that happening with ARMS, every character just throws punches, sure different arms have different abilities, but you're just throwing punches. It's not like Smash where one person will play a very zone heavy Villager, while another plays an aggressive rushdown. Aside from the arms they choose, every Minmin will play the same, every Spring Man will play the same, I don't see anything that really allows the player to shine through and really show how much better or different they are from others.

edit: I see something was mentioned about different playstyles

---

Anyways, Core-A gaming released a video on reducing skill gaps

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If it's just purely mindgames and reads, something all fighting games require, especially at the higher levels, then ARMS is lacking a ton in comparison.

The thing about Smash though is that the player's individual style can shine through. I don't see that happening with ARMS, every character just throws punches, sure different arms have different abilities, but you're just throwing punches. It's not like Smash where one person will play a very zone heavy Villager, while another plays an aggressive rushdown. Aside from the arms they choose, every Minmin will play the same, every Spring Man will play the same, I don't see anything that really allows the player to shine through and really show how much better or different they are from others.

edit: I see something was mentioned about different playstyles

---

Anyways, Core-A gaming released a video on reducing skill gaps
Yeah as my post mentioned you can mold the characters into your preferred playstyle depending on the Arms you choose...it is also important to note that each character isn't going to be limited to their signature Arms as more Arms can be unlocked in the final game...

Arms isn't like Wii Boxing where you're just flailing and hope for the best...right now the meta for the game is pretty much non-existant with a few minor tourney's being held here and there but after a few months we'll start to see actual different strats unfold on how people will play the game...

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
I'm not sure if arms would be my kind of game... it just looks a little...I don't know...slow? I don't know...

Man, replaying Chrono Trigger has only reinforced my love for it... :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom