• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Kommo-o really doesn't seem like a Fighting-type to me.

I battled and caught Lunala. I made the mistake of switching to White Thing the first two times, as First Impression made me end the battle. The third time, I started off with King of Sand's Shadow Ball. When King of Sand fainted, I switched to Yun Yang, immune to both Shadow Ball and Moongeist Beam. He Mud-Slapped Lunala enough to destroy its accuracy. I then went to AK Snow Crab, who used three Crabhammers. The first Crabhammer was a crit. I caught Lunala in a Dusk Ball.

I had a battle with Gladion. For :169:, King of Sand used some Shadow Balls. Crobat used Acrobatics and brought King of Sand down to a tiny bit of health. King of Sand absorbed away the rest of Crobat's health.

Half Health fought Weavile. Weavile used Night Slash, then dodged a Rock Slide. Half Health Countered the second Night Slash, doing enough damage to beat Weavile.

Tonfa Arms fought Silvally, who only used Crush Claw the entire time. Tonfa Arms used Iron Defense in anticipation of Multi-Attack. It used Work Up, then Clanging Scales, then finished Silvally off with Giga Impact.

White Thing had Brick Break, so I chose it to fight Lucario. It got off a couple of Brick Breaks before Aura Spheres activated First Impression. I chose to switch to Yun Yang, who barely lived an Aura Sphere enough to Hyper Fang the rest of Lucario's health.

AK Snow Crab evolved.

King of Sand (Level 56)
Yun Yang (Level 53)
White Thing (Level 52)
AK Snow Crab (Level 52)
Half Health (Level 51)
Tonfa Arms (Level 46)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Welp...no Arms for me for this aft unfortunately...

I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise that I favour Minmin...considering I have a fondness for another character named for asian pasta...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Holy **** Wheels' comeback against Nicky was hype.
Stabby Minion

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Anyone here have any good ideas for comic book villains?

So far I really only have 3 protagonists thought up.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Depends, I'm gonna need more context
Well it's a super hero comic called "The Fantastic Thunderhead".

The main character is a currently unnamed punk girl that gets hit by a lightning bolt that gives her a bunch of electric and cloud based powers. She goes through a couple names like Thunderbird 2 and ends up settling on the hero name Thunderhead.

She early on becomes like a ward to a recently retired hero called Thunderbird. He's an aboriginal man in his 50's. He has wind based powers and the ability to fly. He eventually goes out of super hero retirement hence why the main girl goes to Thunderhead.

The last is the step father to the main girl he's a large black man who has super strength and durability. He trains the main girl in a bunch of fighting techniques. He was a supervillain back in the day called the Beast King, he actually was the main enemy of Thunderbird back in the day but they ended up settling their differences about 20 years back and he retired villainry and became a wrestling coach.

:p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Couple things in ARMS:

- Won my first perfect (2 don't count cause one the server ended and the other I had a healing bottle)
- 60 seconds is too short for V-Ball
- In Warm-up mode, destroying a target with a gold shield gives you a coin

Again, luvin' dis game!

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Coupe things in ARMS:

- Won my first perfect (2 don't count cause one the server ended and the other I had a healing bottle)
- 60 seconds is too short for V-Ball
- In Warm-up mode, destroying a target with a gold shield gives you a coin

Again, luvin' dis game!
V-ball is pretty much impossible to win as Master Mummy.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

It's best to think of the powerset of your main hero, and think of enemies that can go toe-to-toe with them. Look at Spider-Man. Many of his foes have super strength on par with his (10 tons to 50 tons, given his feats) Someone like Scorpion, Green/HobGoblin and Venom/Carnage provide a decent physical match for him.

The Flash is a good example of working in the opposite manner. Someone like Captain Cold can slow him down with his freeze guns. If your hero is projectile based, give them someone else who uses a different kind to try and show them up at their own talents.

I would say it's not a bad idea to always have a mind reader. That kind of power is inherently invasive on people. And can easily be used for evil.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Latest testpunch blindsided me, but that's what I get for not watching the clock.

Ran the Switch in portable mode, and surprise surprise, I work better without motion controls. Min Min with dual Ramram also worked a lot better for me than trying to incorporate a left-handed Dragon.

Still got cleaned up more often than not - I only got about 15 min and was just beginning to find my stride against people who'd been running the full hour - but I put up a much better showing and the game was a lot more fun.

Definitely picking it up now. Probably leave motion controls to casual local multiplayer, but round two with it felt good.

Last time I got a really great comic book villain idea I got it out of a Superfight deck.

Sadly it was the Loot Crate promo. Don't know how or if they've divvy'd those cards up amongst the other expansions, but they're not in the base set for sure.

Even so, worth a look.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
By that logic, should Kirby be an open world title?
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror did have a kind of "2D open world" format. It was possible to visit different worlds without the usual set order, and there were many different paths you could take within each world that gave you plenty of exploration options. I remember beating the boss in World 9 before completing world 8, and I beat the Robotic Titan boss before beating Mr. Moley, the World 3 Boss.

I think it'd be interesting to have another Kirby game using a similar format to Amazing Mirror. As for an actual open world setting similar to BotW? I'm not sure. If Kirby were to go fully 3D, I think it'd be more likely to follow a Super Mario 64/Sunshine/Odyssey format first.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The main character is a currently unnamed punk girl that gets hit by a lightning bolt that gives her a bunch of electric and cloud based powers. She goes through a couple names like Thunderbird 2 and ends up settling on the hero name Thunderhead.

She early on becomes like a ward to a recently retired hero called Thunderbird. He's an aboriginal man in his 50's. He has wind based powers and the ability to fly. He eventually goes out of super hero retirement hence why the main girl goes to Thunderhead.

The last is the step father to the main girl he's a large black man who has super strength and durability. He trains the main girl in a bunch of fighting techniques. He was a supervillain back in the day called the Beast King, he actually was the main enemy of Thunderbird back in the day but they ended up settling their differences about 20 years back and he retired villainry and became a wrestling coach.

"Do you remember...Thunderhead? Tall, storm powers. Nice man. Good with kids."

"Look, E..."

"NOVEMBER 15th of '58!"

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
"Do you remember...Thunderhead? Tall, storm powers. Nice man. Good with kids."

"Look, E..."

"NOVEMBER 15th of '58!"
Uhh... I don't get it?

It's best to think of the powerset of your main hero, and think of enemies that can go toe-to-toe with them. Look at Spider-Man. Many of his foes have super strength on par with his (10 tons to 50 tons, given his feats) Someone like Scorpion, Green/HobGoblin and Venom/Carnage provide a decent physical match for him.

The Flash is a good example of working in the opposite manner. Someone like Captain Cold can slow him down with his freeze guns. If your hero is projectile based, give them someone else who uses a different kind to try and show them up at their own talents.

I would say it's not a bad idea to always have a mind reader. That kind of power is inherently invasive on people. And can easily be used for evil.
That's some good things to think about, thanks.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Here are a few ideas for villains
A guy obsessed with achieving godhood, and can manipulate time in many ways. Stopping time, slowing down time, speeding up time, skipping time and rewinding time. Those last two especially are some of his strongest abilities, but he can't use them much as they are incredibly draining whereas stopping time makes him unable to fight and his strongest until restarted and he himself is affected by slowdown. By speeding up, his enemies also speed up, but if not mentally prepared, they fall over and can't get up due to their body being much faster than their brains. His insanity makes him unable to strategize but makes him unpredictable.
A woman who's experienced enough tragedies for a therapist to break down and weep, her goal is to destroy anyone and anything who's done something bad to her out of vengeance, she can achieve this despite her power being primarily defensive. She can coat herself in a diamond layer, which while strong and durable, makes her slower and heavy

Don't have any names yet though

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nintendo confirmed that next weekend of the Testpunch will replace V-Ball with Hoops.

I'm actually more excited for that than V-Ball.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Nintendo confirmed that next weekend of the Testpunch will replace V-Ball with Hoops.

I'm actually more excited for that than V-Ball.
But I just learned how to spike.

Now I gotta learn to dunk.

Ninty why.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Uhh... I don't get it?

That's some good things to think about, thanks.
It's the single most quoted scene from The Incredibles, the "No Capes" scene.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror did have a kind of "2D open world" format. It was possible to visit different worlds without the usual set order, and there were many different paths you could take within each world that gave you plenty of exploration options. I remember beating the boss in World 9 before completing world 8, and I beat the Robotic Titan boss before beating Mr. Moley, the World 3 Boss.

I think it'd be interesting to have another Kirby game using a similar format to Amazing Mirror. As for an actual open world setting similar to BotW? I'm not sure. If Kirby were to go fully 3D, I think it'd be more likely to follow a Super Mario 64/Sunshine/Odyssey format first.
"2D Open World" is basically Metroidvania (though a lot of those ARE linear to an extent, I remember the first Megaman ZX to be one of the more "open" ones).

Sidenote: I'm in the camp that didn't enjoy AM very much, and a lot of my complaints on that translated over to Brawl's Great Maze. I was kinda surprised to see it was one of the more popular games.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can I call the pun police for Oposso not using the title "Everybody loves Ramen"?
I debated using it but I felt this one had a stronger connection to ARMS itself.

Basically sacrificing punniness for clarity.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Has anyone mentioned that today's Splatoon's anniversary? Cause... well, it is.
It feels like time's gone by fast for this game.

:094:
Considering it's only two years later and it's already skyrocketed up to one of Nintendo's main IPs and about to release a sequel?

Yeah, time's. . .times gone by pretty fast, LOL.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
In the end, all four Bomberman villains were tied. It may not seem like it, but it's because two certain individuals were able to say that they did their vote despite the damn poll glitching once again (showing that none happened when it did). If only Twitter had any PR staff to speak with at the moment. On topic, Buggler was picked thanks to "Eeenie Meenie Minie Mo", a tactic I always used whenever ties happen.

We finally reached Silent Hill, but we will only be here shortly due to the smaller focused cast than Resident Evil. I'll focus on the protagonist for now and the monsters later. Your choices are Harry Mason (Silent Hill), Heather Mason (Silent Hill 3), James Sunderland (Silent Hill 2), and Henry Townshend (Silent Hill 4).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

For the love of MinMin, please don't glitch agin. And I've been doing better in ARMS lately (MinMin and Ribbon Girl being my mains).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Pre order cancelled if true
Unless Lyn and mutha heckin Hector are in
Well since Tharja is really popular and not a sword user I can see her in.

Lyn is totally gonna be playable since from that poll she is the most popular female character in all of FE.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well since Tharja is really popular and not a sword user I can see her in.

Lyn is totally gonna be playable since from that poll she is the most popular female character in all of FE.
But I loathe Trasha

Me yesterday: I should watch One Piece some time even if there's almost like 900 episodes
Internet: Toei only does one manga chapter per episode which thus really pads out the show
Me now: I should read the manga. Also Beserk one day

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's hoping E3 confirms Tharja for Fire Emblem Warriors.
I'm hoping they show off the four others who've been pseudo-confirmed at the very least (Marth, Corrin, Ryoma, Xander).

That being said I'm sure Tharja will be in anyway, considering she's the most popular dark mage and Tecmo Koei love their T&A. Same reason I think Camilla is the most likely wyvern rider.

Beyond that I'm just hoping there are

1) Characters outside of Shadow Dragon/Awakening/Fates

2) A larger class-based roster instead of a smaller individual-based roster

Basically I want them to go the Dynasty Warriors route over the Hyrule Warriors route, with maybe the lords still having unique move sets, while less important characters instead have a single class-based set.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What's taking so long for the Killer Instinct stream to come back up???

The wait for that character tease is KEELING me!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm hoping they show off the four others who've been pseudo-confirmed at the very least (Marth, Corrin, Ryoma, Xander).

That being said I'm sure Tharja will be in anyway, considering she's the most popular dark mage and Tecmo Koei love their T&A. Same reason I think Camilla is the most likely wyvern rider.

Beyond that I'm just hoping there are

1) Characters outside of Shadow Dragon/Awakening/Fates

2) A larger class-based roster instead of a smaller individual-based roster

Basically I want them to go the Dynasty Warriors route over the Hyrule Warriors route, with maybe the lords still having unique move sets, while less important characters instead have a single class-based set.
Honestly I don't see many mounted units being playable outside of Camilla and Caeda, and Tecmo Koei is totally gonna make Ike and Lyn dlc since they'd be a guaranteed money stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom