• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Huh, when I was told that the amiibo dungeons had team rating caps before, I assumed the highest cap was designed with post-game players in mind, so that's unfortunate. Still, I have the amiibo so I'll play the dungeons regardless.

After that I'll just go into the post-game, I'm sure I'll be fine for a while since I had some pretty powerful units on both Alm and Celica's side and now I can mix and match them.

Also, do Alm and Celica have a second promotion? My Alm is a Lv. 19 Hero so I assume he caps at Lv. 20 again.
I'd say the final bosses of the amiibo dungeons are more around the level you'd be at in the latter half of Act 4, than post-game level.

Alm and Celica only get one promotion; Hero and Princess are their final classes (unless you bought the overclass DLC), and they cap at level 20, as per usual.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, no.

Especially given the focus of said image. Better to not risk a warning.

Especially when similar images were posted by me and several other friends. I can still get notifications from them regardless and I still call this a fluke.
Why not shadow ban all of us at the same time in that case?

Whatever, I'm just going to get to the bottom of this now. They aren't getting way with this.
Well I mean, if the image would risk getting a warning here, there's a good chance it also violates Twitter's guidelines, especially if it didn't have the "sensitive materials" tag.

Aren't shadowbans detailed in their terms and conditions? If so, they're in their right to do so, I believe.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The more I think about Alien Covenant the more I hate it. It failed so hard to be a Prometheus sequel and it failed at being a good Alien movie too

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well I mean, if the image would risk getting a warning here, there's a good chance it also violates Twitter's guidelines, especially if it didn't have the "sensitive materials" tag.

Aren't shadowbans detailed in their terms and conditions? If so, they're in their right to do so, I believe.
But what about other similar stuff like bikinis? I see those on my TL all the time and they get a free pass.

And don't get me started on pretty much any and all trading cards for Senran Kagura.

Can't wait for the day I'm shadow banned so I can laugh off the punishment.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
But what about other similar stuff like bikinis? I see those on my TL all the time and they get a free pass.

And don't get me started on pretty much any and all trading cards for Senran Kagura.

Can't wait for the day I'm shadow banned so I can laugh off the punishment.
especially if it didn't have the "sensitive materials" tag.
They probably have the sensitive materials tag on.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
They probably have the sensitive materials tag on.
I never put those tags on and I'm completely unscathed. Explain that?

Also, see my recent message to you on the same site.

I know rules are rules, but I'm not going let them destroy friendships at all. What if I lose more friends for the same reason?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I never put those tags on and I'm completely unscathed. Explain that?

Also, see my recent message to you on the same site.

I know rules are rules, but I'm not going let them destroy friendships at all. What if I lose more friends for the same reason?
How is being banned on Twitter destroying friendship? There are other means to contact friends. Discord is one great way to do this.

And I saw the pic, but whether or not I believe it's worthy doesn't matter, I'm not Twitter. A lot of it depends on what the goal is, what the vision they have for the site is.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I have a important project to work on. So it's best to focus my attention on that instead of wasting my genius away.

But I am going to say one thing. It's a miracle that Tumblr will be a source of my works and comics instead of Twitter. I wouldn't trust them to screw up my career with this "justice" and I wouldn't trust them with my own life either. A statement that I swear I will NEVER take back. I'm aware that the artist world is already tough on its own because of conservatism and such, but I won't let that strike fear into my creative heart at all. Didn't learn art history for nothing.

AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 just find something you like doing that's stress free. Try to keep your mind off the situation and leave luck to Heaven. Not like Nintendo would be as merciful.

Chrono.

Honestly if you post loli **** you kinda deserve the shadowban. lol

And yeah I saw the pic.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
For anyone who's interested, Toonami did a review of Breath of the Wild.
Has a nice little joke for the Wii U at the end.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ok, so I've been playing the Monster Hunter demo on the 3DS...

I don't know if I'm missing something or not but the gameplay seems pretty frikking bad...the characters seem really slow and cumbersome and movement seems really frikking awkward overall...I'm also not liking the camera as I always have to adjust it just to see what's going on at times...

Perhaps I'm just spoiled with BotW, but I'm not really having fun with this game right now...perhaps I'll try out different characters and weapon types to see if I'm just using a really slow class but I'm honestly not really thinking it'll help all that much tbh...

Chrono.

For anyone who's interested, Toonami did a review of Breath of the Wild.
Has a nice little joke for the Wii U at the end.
Nice to see these still have their charm.

I don't know if I'm missing something or not but the gameplay seems pretty frikking bad...the characters seem really slow and cumbersome and movement seems really frikking awkward overall...I'm also not liking the camera as I always have to adjust it just to see what's going on at times...

Perhaps I'm just spoiled with BotW, but I'm not really having fun with this game right now...perhaps I'll try out different characters and weapon types to see if I'm just using a really slow class but I'm honestly not really thinking it'll help all that much tbh...
Generations or 4? I heard Generations was actually very streamlined compared to 4, but I have yet to play it.

MH has a lot of weird design choices (no Lock on for starters), most fans just tell people to just "git gud" or that the game works better with them.

Overall yeah, it takes time getting used to and I feel it only feels like a really good game when you're on multiplayer.

But as someone who got into 4 jumping from Unite, there were a lot improvements made.

Last edited:

From what I can tell, that is what everyone feels about MH when they first play it. Apparently they get better in the late game but I never bothered to buy a game that started tedious :X

Chrono.

From what I can tell, that is what everyone feels about MH when they first play it. Apparently they get better in the late game but I never bothered to buy a game that started tedious :X
Yeah, they're super slow games at the beginning. You have crap weapons and armor, so you're gonna be doing peanuts damage to bosses for a long while... And this is a game that's basically boss fights so... This isn't even getting to how actually getting decent armor can lead to long grinding sessions, especially if you're solo.

It's why multiplayer is very recommended, to speed things up. Once you have decent stuff you can proceed with the solo "story".

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

well yeah, the hunters are slow because they got all that armour on them. I think things like the Dual Blades and the Insect Glave( My personal fav weapon) arent super heavy so you do move faster. In prowler mode, the palicos move WAY faster. And I dont think the Demo does the game justice

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I was looking at the character profiles on the official ARMS website.

Min Min's ramen place is called "Mintendo Noodle House"

Mintendo...

ahahahah.png

Chrono.

Speaking of MH, the big rumor going on now is that MH5 will be exclusive to PS4. The full rumor is:
  • Sony has paid for an exclusive partnership with Capcom to get Monster Hunter 5 as PS4 exclusive.
  • The partnership doesn’t forbid multiplatform release aside from Nintendo Switch.
  • Monster Hunter 5 is aimed at the casual audience and will strip some of the more hardcore mechanics.
  • The game is open world but timers and missions have been now removed.
  • The game is designed for action fights and QTEs are integrated into the combat.
  • They are aiming for online multiplayer with a release originally set for 2018.
The rumor (originating from 4chan take with a grain of salt blah blah) had also stated that MH Portable will continue on Switch, to keep their audience there. Something that was recently seen with the MHXX port, but this is an easy guess to make.

Thoughts?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Nice to see these still have their charm.

Generations or 4? I heard Generations was actually very streamlined compared to 4, but I have yet to play it.

MH has a lot of weird design choices (no Lock on for starters), most fans just tell people to just "git gud" or that the game works better with them.

Overall yeah, it takes time getting used to and I feel it only feels like a really good game when you're on multiplayer.

But as someone who got into 4 jumping from Unite, there were a lot improvements made.
Generations...

I do admit I was probably being very impatient with the game (especially with the tutorial because there was SO MUCH TEXT)...mainly because I wanted to just get into playing but I just felt disinterested everytime I tried playing...

Lock-on would've probably made this a lot more manageable, so many times I'm just swinging at air because I thought I was aiming at my enemy, but then the monster dashes off and because of the very slow lag on the attacks it's not hard to get confused by what's going on and losing track of the monster...

it only feels like a really good game when you're on multiplayer.
Being someone with a preference for single player experiences, this is not something I really like to hear :/

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Speaking of MH, the big rumor going on now is that MH5 will be exclusive to PS4. The full rumor is:
  • Sony has paid for an exclusive partnership with Capcom to get Monster Hunter 5 as PS4 exclusive.
  • The partnership doesn’t forbid multiplatform release aside from Nintendo Switch.
  • Monster Hunter 5 is aimed at the casual audience and will strip some of the more hardcore mechanics.
  • The game is designed for action fights and QTEs are integrated into the combat.
  • They are aiming for online multiplayer with a release originally set for 2018.
The rumor (originating from 4chan take with a grain of salt blah blah) had also stated that MH Portable will continue on Switch, to keep their audience there. Something that was recently seen with the MHXX port, but this is an easy guess to make.

Thoughts?
My thought are "I just want my MH fix" But I have a feeling MH is here at Nintendo to stay, thats just me
Lock-on would've probably made this a lot more manageable, so many times I'm just swinging at air because I thought I was aiming at my enemy, but then the monster dashes off and because of the very slow lag on the attacks it's not hard to get confused by what's going on and losing track of the monster...
Also I think you can snap the cam back to the boss monster, I forgot how but I did it a lot when I had to run behind him. Also there is lock on in Gen.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Generations...

I do admit I was probably being very impatient with the game (especially with the tutorial because there was SO MUCH TEXT)...mainly because I wanted to just get into playing but I just felt disinterested everytime I tried playing...

Being someone with a preference for single player experiences, this is not something I really like to hear :/
What weapon were you using?

Sword and Shield is imo the best beginner weapon, it's fast and reliable plus you can guard.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm so pissed

Converted a Set Item on D3 for the last item I needed to complete the set and my Xbox One crashes, losing the convert. Tried again and didn't get the item.

Uuuuuggggghhhh I was almost done with this build...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A thunderstorm stopping Turn Left reminded me there's life outside of watching cars go vroom all day long.

@CyberHyperPhoenix did you watched on detail the preview of the next DBS episode?

Because Im sure Caulifla is a SSJ2 in said preview

Episode 92

Episode 93 Preview

Notice how the hair is more upwards and has less bangs in the second image.

Damn Cabba is a Super Saiyan Generator Machine.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Thoughts?
I find it to be garbage. Especially since Sony **** the MH development team and that's why 3 went to the Wii

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
One nitpicky disappointment I have about FE Echoes is that they keep the dramatic Act 4 World Map theme in the post-game.

It should really change back to the Act 3 one, it's one of the best World Map themes I've ever heard, and it sounds triumphant which fits the post-game because you've already conquered the main story.

D

Deleted member

@ RE: Creators Episode 8
@Bandana Dee3 since you're watching it too
wHAT THE ****
wHAT THE ACTUAL ****
tHIs IS NOT OKAY
tHIS IS NOT ****ING OKAY
**** you hiroe
**** you aoki
i can't ****ing believe you did this to me
this was supposed to be just a fun battle series when did you ****ing turn this into Madoka X Fate/Zero crossover go **** yourself i didn't sign up fot this **** i don't want to get on this ride yet again
Also, I guess I got half-magical lesbian girls?? Does shooting lighting count as being a magical girl???
Damn I've been caught
You thought wearing boob armor would fool me? I can clearly see those are fake!
But Mae doesn't have **** taste though

It's because Gwen is a master of disguise
Holy **** the new main villain for Ex-Aid is @Shishœ as his goal is to localize the game that will bring death and suffering. This show is absolutely bonkers
I wish I could say something against this but it's 100% true
You think anyone not a masochist would play EO?

Why is the new Powerpuff Girls show so bad?
This is just... sad

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What weapon were you using?

Sword and Shield is imo the best beginner weapon, it's fast and reliable plus you can guard.
In the tutorial I had a sword and shield, I went to one of the solo missions and tried the two-handed sword...

I'll try it out again with other weapons but so far my impressions aren't very good of the game, beyond the combat I really am not a fan of the character movements and I feel like they're very clunky...

Chrono.

But... why?
Portable 3rd HD didn't work on Ad Hoc Party without a massive update that only Japan got and that game used Ad Hoc Party for it's online play as well. And Sony games require all PS3 releases to have trophies in the US, which Capcom didn't wanna add.

Basically Sony blocked an overseas release of Portable 3rd and 3rd HD by refusing to update the NA Ad Hoc Party servers.

Chrono.

The Brides were revealed.
The one with the ponytail was one that I never saw getting brought up, the second one people definitely were right about though.

It's Caeda and Charlotte

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why I am I so important that I needed a phone call from her parents? Can't they just solve the problems by themselves? I'm no responsible adult with his personal home.

I'm just going to ignore all future calls just to have some peace. Would rather listen to that fleabag bark all night than to leave this house for a problem born they can solve. I'm not that important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom