• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The new Steven Universe episodes had their first two minutes leak and HOLY **** a lot goes down.

White Diamond seems to definitely be at the trial but we don't see here in the previews.

Off colours are literally dis colored versions of gems and fusions.

Lars actually dies but steven revives him with tears and he becomes pink like lion as well as having his powers.

I'm so hyped right now!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Unfortunately I'll only be able to participate in the Testpunch on Sunday as I'm working tonight and tomorrow...

Likely will be the same next week...

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
One better be Tharja! I need bride Tharja in my life.
I hope not... Spent 100+ orbs on the Shadows of Valentia banner and got all 3* units plus a couple 4*s. At 4.75% with just 2 orbs and only a few days left... :sadeyes:

The left is almost certainly Lyn, the other one might be Eirika. It's tough to say. If the grooms aren't one of my favorites, and the skills aren't really interesting, I might actually regen for a while. I've spent more $$$ than I care to admit. Embarrass Here's what I got as of now:

Wish I had more than just Alm from Echoes... particularly the mages and Lukas.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I hope not... Spent 100+ orbs on the Shadows of Valentia banner and got all 3* units plus a couple 4*s. At 4.75% with just 2 orbs and only a few days left... :sadeyes:

The left is almost certainly Lyn, the other one might be Eirika. It's tough to say. If the grooms aren't one of my favorites, and the skills aren't really interesting, I might actually regen for a while. I've spent more $$$ than I care to admit. Embarrass Here's what I got as of now:

what a boring team you got there

What a nice team you got there

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

At least you got Alm...I haven't had any luck with either Echoes banner. :/

I mean I'm F2P but still.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hmm...

Trying to figure out who I should play once its done downloading.

Orisa
Pharah
Winston
Symmetra
Torbjorn
Sombra

They all seem fun.
Some things to know.
-Genji, Reaper and Tracer are flankers. They rely on getting behind foes and attacking them while they are distracted and then getting out quickly after doing damage.
-Soldier 76 and McCree are damage dealers and rely on being with the team. However, Soldier does more damage at medium range while McCree can do good at short-range(thanks to Flashbang) and long-range.
-Pharah relies on being air-support. Basically, she focuses on being in the air while shooting down on enemies.
-Sombra is a distraction/disrupter first rather than a flanker. Despite her stealth, she is not meant to be a backstabber character. Rather, she disrupts the enemies formations and attentions. She can hack tanks to prevent them from protecting the team and she can hack other enemies to make them vulnerable. She can also hack health kits, which not only prevent enemies from using them, but also they recharge much faster when used.
Basically, she distracts/disrupts the enemy, than uses her Translocator to retreat quickly and heal up before going out again. That being said, she can also take out the weak if she can, as she can see people below 50% health through walls. But Sombra is definitely not a flanker compared to Genji, Reaper and Tracer.

-D.Va and Winston are a mix between disruption and protecting. D.Va can eliminate bullets with her Defense Matrix and Winston can put up a barrier around where he places that can stop attacks from both inside and outside. But they also focus on picking out the weak in the enemy team than retreat after they are finished doing damage.
-Reinhardt and Orisa are anchor-tanks. Basically, they will be doing much of the defending and protecting their team. Reinhardt holds his shield and it goes where he moves while Orisa places down barriers where she aims and they stay where they are placed.
-Roadhog is a power tank. Basically, he has nothing to defend his team or himself compared to the other tanks. Rather, he makes the enemy team think twice to separate from their group. He pulls in enemies with his hook, than proceeds to take them out. Be very aware when the enemy team has a Roadhog and never try to solo a Roadhog, even if his hook is on cooldown.
-Zarya is a unique/situational tank. Basically, she can put a barrier on herself or a teammate whenever she wants for 3 seconds. Basically, she can put a barrier on a teammate who is going in for the kill, or defend a teammate who is getting attacked. Zarya's main goal is to increase her Energy charge. Whenever her barriers absorb damage, Zarya's Energy increases which in turn increases her damage. Basically, if a Zarya gets a barrier up, don't attack it while it's up or Zarya gets stronger. At 90-100 Energy, she is very dangerous.

D

Deleted member

Hmm...

Trying to figure out who I should play once its done downloading.

Orisa
Pharah
Winston
Symmetra
Torbjorn
Sombra

They all seem fun.
I just keep one thing in mind while playing Overwatch: ALWAYS stick to the same exact character, no matter what.

It's a great thing to do, regardless of if you're playing offense or defense, or who your team mates are playing. Torbjorn especially is a great pick, your team mates will love you when you get that play of the game. : ^ )

Ivander

Smash Legend
I just keep one thing in mind while playing Overwatch: ALWAYS stick to the same exact character, no matter what.

It's a great thing to do, regardless of if you're playing offense or defense, or who your team mates are playing. Torbjorn especially is a great pick, your team mates will love you when you get that play of the game. : ^ )
I believe you misplaced your sarcasm.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It's been a while since I've played Overwatch extensively, but playing Torbjorn on offense has always went badly. :laugh: Largely my fault though, not the best shooter. D.Va with her range and infinite ammo plus second life is perfect for me. She's even better in Heroes of the Storm which I've been playing a lot recently because of 2.0. Although the new Hanamura map centered around payloads is a pain in the ass... kinda fitting in a way haha.

At least you got Alm...I haven't had any luck with either Echoes banner. :/

I mean I'm F2P but still.
I'd give you mine if I could, haven't used him much. Nor Spring Chrom, if you don't have him. But alas, a trading feature will never, ever exist.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Saw this on the Fire Emblem reddit.

What makes this is the genuine laugh at the end. He's so proud of himself for that.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Kid Dracula was the winner. In fact, little to no people voted in the poll at all, maybe because they just want me to stop beating around the bush and move on the villains already. I can't blame them.

Next up are the closest and most reoccurring villains that are loyal to Dracula and his forces. Some are actually powerful enough to match him in strength, like a certain death god and a crazy religious cultist that almost revived him twice. You choices are Death, Carmilla, Olnox, and Shaft.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Not to worry, the bigger bads like Lord Drac will be covered later.

D

Deleted member

Well, I might be able to get FE Echoes tomorrow. That is, if the EShop decides to be nice and accept foreign credit cards.

Seems like Echoes also has about the same playtime as Fates, since that seemed to also have taken about a week for most players.
Though I'm curious on exactly how many play hours those who finished it have?

What makes this is the genuine laugh at the end. He's so proud of himself for that.

I recognize that area from a gameplay video I watched, the area where you recruit Valbar and co.
And that means they bothered to write dialogue for Alm on every little interaction on Celica's side and vice-versa, even though it wasn't really necessary and it's highly unlikely players would backtrack on the posthame for these things.
It's small things like this that make me appreciate games and see how much care the devs put into it
What if Nintendo made an Animal crossing game a la Super Mario All starts with all the animal crossing games that have been out over the years?
I don't see much point to it, every game is basically an outright improvemet from the last and even then, why would anyone try to manage more than one town at a time?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Kid Dracula was the winner. In fact, little to no people voted in the poll at all, maybe because they just want me to stop beating around the bush and move on the villains already. I can't blame them.

Next up are the closest and most reoccurring villains that are loyal to Dracula and his forces. Some are actually powerful enough to match him in strength, like a certain death god and a crazy religious cultist that almost revived him twice. You choices are Death, Carmilla, Olnox, and Shaft.

In this case, Death would have to be the best choice.

Of all of them, he's one of the closest and nearly as strong as Dracula himself. Death is generally seen as second-in command of his forces, somethings being the semi-final boss in each major title.

And who doesn't want to play as the Grim Reaper?

D

Deleted member

I would have voted, but my school blocks twitter, hence why I miss a lot of these.

I'm much more concerned with the physics of that shark.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Seems like Echoes also has about the same playtime as Fates, since that seemed to also have taken about a week for most players.
Though I'm curious on exactly how many play hours those who finished it have?
I clocked in about 38 hours or so, with no grinding (40 hours including the post-game dungeon). I'd say just listening to the voice acting added on a lot of time, and the actual time spent playing was closer to 32~35 hours. I also spent a lot of time just wandering about places and investigating every single background object to see what dumb pun Alm would come up with, so that added a bit of time as well.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I would have voted, but my school blocks twitter, hence why I miss a lot of these.
That sucks. My former college accepted Twitter just fine.

Oh well, at least Death should do too bad.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
After playing the Testpunch, I can safely say ARMS is not a game for me. It's definitely gone from sorta curious to, whatever.

D

Deleted member

I'm much more concerned with the physics of that shark.
He's just being hanged from the ceiling, nothing unusual
Alm makes puns while Celica fat-shames random cats.

:p
"Pirate booty. Heh..."
Honestly, their dialogue in these interactions are, like, the exact opposite of what I'd expect from them
After playing the Testpunch, I can safely say ARMS is not a game for me. It's definitely gone from sorta curious to, whatever.
Could you give more thought? I'm curious about it aswell but I won't have the chance to try it out for myself

Chrono.

I found that tutorial fight fun, but it took some time to learn what I was doing.

Unfortunately I can't seem to be able to connect with any other players.

D

Deleted member

You have no proof, clearly that Shark is defying the laws of gravity. It makes more sense than hanging a shark in the middle of a stone building.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Kind of a shame to hear a middling reception to ARMS. Oh well, another thing to not buy and save money for another thing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I just saw a trailer for the Emoji Movie.

Holy **** they weren't even subtle with how much they shamelessly ripped off Wreck-It Ralph...

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

"Pirate booty. Heh..."
Honestly, their dialogue in these interactions are, like, the exact opposite of what I'd expect from them

Could you give more thought? I'm curious about it aswell but I won't have the chance to try it out for myself

On the one hand, since I've spent less than 30 minutes on the game my thoughts are going to be shallow, on the other hand, the game itself is shallow. It's something that's probably neat for a few minutes and then gets boring fast. Every character just throws punches. Sure they all have a unique ability, but in the end they all have the same playstyle. You're not going to get something like Street Fighter where some characters are rushdown, some are zoners, others are grapplers, etc. They all do the same thing. Even Pokken, which has a similar control scheme to ARMS has a lot more going on.

I'm sure there's people out there who won't mind these things and will love the game regardless, I'm not one of them. The only thing the game has going for me is Minmin, and Minmin alone (I don't really care for the other character designs, they're nice but they don't appeal to me as well).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I just saw a trailer for the Emoji Movie.

Holy **** they weren't even subtle with how much they shamelessly ripped off Wreck-It Ralph...
Not to mention the main premise is actually a terrible one for a movie catering to children. An emoji with multiple characteristics tries to become a single emotion, I can certainly predict they'll either go "Being different from others is okay!" which I don't feel works in the context or basically tell kids "You should only have one character trait or else you're weird"

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So I've run into a few complications putting the finishing touches on this next video. I'm stuck between either publishing it tonight, but late (we're talking potentially 10:00 PM Central) or waiting until tomorrow but at a more opportune time of day. Both have their pros and cons, and...I can't figure out which would be better. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom