• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well if the Switch has Monster Hunter then it's future is secured.

Monster Hunter was basically all the PSP had and when the 3DS got the series over the Vita, the Vita was basically DOA.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Where are my Star vs people? You may be interested in this.

The show is getting a two hour TV movie before the start of season three. Relevant info I copy/pasted:

• A special two-hour "Star vs. The Forces of Evil" TV movie event will premiere SATURDAY, JULY 15 (11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., 7:00 p.m. EDT), on Disney XD, and will be available to verified users on the Disney XD app and Disney XD VOD platforms.
  • Titled "The Battle for Mewni," the TV movie follows Star as she returns to her home dimension of Mewni where she discovers that magic is disappearing throughout the kingdom. Star must dig deep and challenge archnemesis Ludo in an effort to save her family and kingdom.
  • Season three of the fan-favorite and Annie Award-nominated series is slated to debut this fall.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well if the Switch has Monster Hunter then it's future is secured.

Monster Hunter was basically all the PSP had and when the 3DS got the series over the Vita, the Vita was basically DOA.
Im still laughing that no matter how hard the sony people rage and beg, MH never came back to Playstation

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Was looking at some reviews for USFII for Switch and it made want a colour picker for Smash...

Heck everybody's already screwing around with skins and colours through modding so might as well...
Yeah I figured as much mainly due to why Cloud's alts are very lacking...also with the Pokemon company being very stngy as well I mean we don't even have proper shinies for most of the pokemon...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can't post this here unfortunately, but a random Sonic fan/****poster/YouTuber posted an image of Takashi Iizuka holding a notebook that said "**** off".

The actual, real Naoto Oshima (creator of Sonic's original design) responded to it and said "Please delete this picture. Please".

This reminds me of that "Please do not do that" Shigeru Miyamoto meme except it's for real now and not a parody account. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Uhhh
apparently Tails "dies" in Sonic Forces
I can't believe Aoi Sekai no Chuushin is officially canon now :^)
Where are my Star vs people? You may be interested in this.

The show is getting a two hour TV movie before the start of season three. Relevant info I copy/pasted:

• A special two-hour "Star vs. The Forces of Evil" TV movie event will premiere SATURDAY, JULY 15 (11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., 7:00 p.m. EDT), on Disney XD, and will be available to verified users on the Disney XD app and Disney XD VOD platforms.
  • Titled "The Battle for Mewni," the TV movie follows Star as she returns to her home dimension of Mewni where she discovers that magic is disappearing throughout the kingdom. Star must dig deep and challenge archnemesis Ludo in an effort to save her family and kingdom.
  • Season three of the fan-favorite and Annie Award-nominated series is slated to debut this fall.
So, I guess we'll have the conclusion for this arc with the movie
It'll most likely end with Toffee being losing the wand and leaving Ludo's body with a cliffhanger for S3 with him planning his next move.

Either that, or it's a downer ending and Toffee succeeds and S3 is about trying to finally stop him
Either way, I'm hyped

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Someone apparently got an early copy of N. Sane Trilogy and streamed an hour of it.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I can't post this here unfortunately, but a random Sonic fan/****poster/YouTuber posted an image of Takashi Iizuka holding a notebook that said "**** off".

The actual, real Naoto Oshima (creator of Sonic's original design) responded to it and said "Please delete this picture. Please".

This reminds me of that "Please do not do that" Shigeru Miyamoto meme except it's for real now and not a parody account. :p
Fun fact: He actually founded the company that's making Hey! Pikmin. Yes, THAT company. The one that everyone rips into constantly for being an instant indicator of shoddy quality because of kazoos or something.

I wonder what was going through his head when he saw that trashpost, LOL.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Fun fact: He actually founded the company that's making Hey! Pikmin. Yes, THAT company. The one that everyone rips into constantly for being an instant indicator of shoddy quality because of kazoos or something.

I wonder what was going through his head when he saw that trashpost, LOL.
Probably something along the lines of "hey, could you not post derogatory images of my friend and work associate? Thanks".

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yup

Here are the times with timezones:

View attachment 129831

If I recall correctly, May 26 & June 2 are North America exclusive (why this is the case I don't have the foggiest idea).
. . .I've been meaning to ask this, but wouldn't May 26 and June 2 be North America exclusive because it's simply the 27th and the 3rd during those timeslots on every other continent with an active Nintendo branch, or no? It sounds like a timezone thing without knowing the context.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
. . .I've been meaning to ask this, but wouldn't May 26 and June 2 be North America exclusive because it's simply the 27th and the 3rd during those timeslots on every other continent with an active Nintendo branch, or no? It sounds like a timezone thing without knowing the context.
There's a chance I'm off but North America lists 6 days but every other country lists only 4.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There's a chance I'm off but North America lists 6 days but every other country lists only 4.
Wasn't it the same way with the Testfire to an extent? I remembered America starting the night before and having three days while another time zone had all six timeslots in two days.

Hmm. . .lemme go check.

It. . .LOOKS like they have the same number of timeslots we do.

I'm pretty sure it's just timezone differences.

D

Deleted member

The absolute madman, Geoff actually made a RE: Creators video
I will say it's a bit presumptuous to call it a "classic in the works" but hopefully this will make it so that more people watch it because it goddamn deserves it.

And regarding his idea about a fighting game with the same premise as the show, I'd be on ****ing board with it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah, speaking of Switch, I think my brother got one today. He texted me a picture of one in his car with the caption "about to go 'splorling".

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
To the surprise of no one, Soma Cruz dominated the last poll with ease. He's pretty much the anti-Alucard if we look into his strength and side of the story. At least Charlotte was able to get one vote, some actually know that Portrait of Ruin exists.

As promised, the villains are coming next. But after we do this last heroes poll because of there high importance. Few of them watch over the space-time of the entire Castlevania Multiverse while one of them is from a parody series that eventually made his way into Parodious (and killed Galamoth). Your choices are Kid Dracula, Aeon, Saint Germain, and Hector from Castlevania Curse of Darkness.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To the surprise of no one, Soma Cruz dominated the last poll with ease. He's pretty much the anti-Alucard if we look into his strength and side of the story. At least Charlotte was able to get one vote, some actually know that Portrait of Ruin exists.

As promised, the villains are coming next. But after we do this last heroes poll because of there high importance. Few of them watch over the space-time of the entire Castlevania Multiverse while one of them is from a parody series that eventually made his way into Parodious (and killed Galamoth). Your choices are Kid Dracula, Aeon, Saint Germain, and Hector from Castlevania Curse of Darkness.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Kid Dracula stomps.

Not that it's a bad thing since his games are fun.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Haha, Nuibaba's map. I cheesed that with Delthea and Warp+Rescue shenanigans. Warped her in, attacked whoever with Seraphim, then Warped her out.
I did the same thing but with Alm and Double Lion, along with having Clair fly in and out and having Tobin and Python snipe from outside. Honourable mention to Mathilda and Clive luring gargoyles to the back entrance.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh yeah, speaking of Switch, I think my brother got one today. He texted me a picture of one in his car with the caption "about to go 'splorling".
Maybe he'll let you try it a bit while you're still waiting for the right library to make the plunge?

Of course, since it's Zelda he might not want to share for a while, LOL.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Maybe he'll let you try it a bit while you're still waiting for the right library to make the plunge?

Of course, since it's Zelda he might not want to share for a while, LOL.
We don't live together so I don't know when that would be.

I'm actually not waiting on a library at this point since I think there is enough I'm interested in on a personal level that's coming in the near future. It's a combination of me already having plenty to play, and the fact Hard Mode in BotW is tied to DLC that isn't out yet.

Otherwise I would have bought one a couple of weeks ago, but FE Echoes, Horizon, and Kingdom Hearts are keeping me busy now. Plus we have E3 week in June where I'll be watching a lot of streams (like Nintendo Treehouse assuming they keep it interesting but I'm not worried about that this year). Then right after that, Crash comes out and that's a day one buy for me.

There's also the fact I had a lot of sudden expenses lately, and while I can technically afford a Switch, I'm a very financially conscious person who doesn't like leaving their bank account below €100.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I finally beat Fire Emblem Echoes this morning.

I actually started the final map last night, then put my 3DS in sleep mode for the night, and finished it shortly after waking up.

Get out of here Id~Purpose~ and End of All. Twilight of the Gods is my new favorite final map theme in Fire Emblem:

Seriously, THIS is how you compose a final boss track!

What I really loved about this map is that when you first select your units when the battle starts, they each have something to say either to Jedah or Duma, or they talk about how the continent shouldn't be ruled by gods. All of them have a unique way of how they say it, and they really pep you into the battle. My favorite has to be Conrad's: "Duma... O ancient benefactor. Consider this is an act of mercy. A great god is deserving of a great and glorious end." Sounds pretty poetic. Forsyth, Python, Mathilda, Saber, Mae, and Sonya's quotes were awesome too.

My team for this battle: Alm, Celica, Lukas, Forsyth, Python, Mathilda, Delthea, Clair, Clive, Dread Fighter!Gray, Silque, Tatiana, Saber, Mae, Sonya, Dread Fighter!Atlas, Leon, Est, Catria, and Conrad.

The battle was pretty difficult even on Normal Classic, but it was still duable. Lukas, Forsyth, and Clive handled the two Dread Fighters on the left side of the map. Delthea got a KO on the Gold Knight, and then Silque (protected by her Invoke units) warped her away. Clair and most of Celica's units took care of the initial chunk of Moghalls. When it finally came time to take out Jedah, I had to rely on Leon to stall out the curse. Jedah even scored a crit on him at one point, so I had to use Mila's Turnwheel to reverse that. Once Alms units caught up, Python, Delthea, and even Celica helped in stalling out the Curse. It was Mathilda who ultimately killed Jedah. She was the most reliable in getting the job done.

I didn't have any trouble taking out the two Bow Knights, but it was in the second half of the battle dealing with the Medusa Arcanist, Hestia, and Marla when it got difficult. Conrad died at one point because I accidentally put him in range of Medusa and a Witch followed up with a kill, so Mila's Turnwheel came to the Rescue again. Luckily, he took everything else like a champ. Python and Leon worked together to take out Hestia. When it was time to take out the Medusa!Arcanist, I had Python use his Silver Bow art to cancel the Arcanist's attack so that I could safely follow up with Leon and Set for the kill. The Invoke Dread Fighters eventually killed Marla as well. Tatiana was also very clutch in dealing with the Earthquakes.

That left only Duma. It took a while to take him down. Invoke Dread Fighters and Pegasus Knights, as well as Python, Leon, and Set did most of the damaging. Even Catria tried to lower his HP, but she got KOd in the enemy phase when I expected him to go after one of my Invoke units. Oh well, at least Mila's Turnwheel saved the day. Once his HP was low enough to the point no one could attack him but Alm, I had to heal him with Celica and Silque every turn because he wasn't landing the crit to finish Duma off. After about 3-4 turns, Alm finally got the kill on Duma.

In all, the battle was difficult and got annoying at times, especially when dealing with Duma, but I'd say this is up there for one of my favorite final maps of the FE games played, tied with Revelation's end-game map

As for overall thoughts on the game:

Really enjoyed this game overall.
  • Story: Definitely a huge improvement from Awakening and Fates. Really great world building, especially when it came to visiting the villages and dungeons. The overall conflict felt like Nohr vs Hoshido done right: both kingdoms have their faults and not necessarily all that they seem. Only issues I can think of in regards to the story is how Celica is treated in Act 4 and 5 (though that's also more of a character complaint as well) and some of the characters mysteriously had X-ray vision with seeing Alm's concealed Brand (such as Berkut in Act 2). There are a few other issues here and there, but I enjoyed it overall.
  • Gameplay: It's pretty enjoyable and offers a pretty good challenge, even on Normal!Classic. I wish there was more mission variety consider "Rout the Enemy" appears pretty often. I also wished the map design was better in most parts. Many of the maps were mainly big, open plains. I'd say even Birthright, while it too suffered from lack of mission variety, had better map design since big, open fields weren't that common. Granted, it is a remake of an NES game, so I can understand why Echoes was like that. The dungeon exploring was also pretty good too, even suspenseful at times in the case of the final dungeon.
  • Music: Fantastic overall. Berkut's second battle theme, King Rudolph's theme, and the final map theme are among my favorites thus far.
  • Characters: Awesome voice-acting. I love how all character lines are voiced now, and I hope this returns in future installments. The cast is very enjoyable as well. There are very few characters that I dislike this time around. The only characters that I did not like at all were Faye and Fernand. My top three favorite characters in Echoes would definitely go to Python, Forsyth, and Conrad. I see myself in both Python and Forsyth's personalities, and I love the dynamic the two have. Conrad was a pretty cool character too with a great backstory and an interesting personality that varied depending on whether or not he wears the mask (both badass and dorky at the same time). Other favorites of mine include Mathilda, Gray, Tobin, Lukas, Clive, Clair, Saber, Boey, Mae, Leon, Atlas, Sonya. I'd say Alm is up there for one of my favorite lords in the series alongside Chrom (Corrin is pretty low, while I'm currently indifferent to Eirika and Ephraim; I'll need to advance further into Sacred Stones to gain a better opinion on them)
My best units on Alm's army were Forsyth, Python, Mathilda, Lukas, Clair, Tobin, Gray, Kliff, and Delthea (she is devastating with a Mage Ring). While Clive started out lackluster, mine ended up being surprisingly good later in the game, though part of the reason could be that I invested all of the speed fountain points in that one dungeon for him, and combined with a few lucky level ups, he even had higher speed than Mathilda. Honestly, pretty much all of Alm's units never let me down.

On Celica's army, my best units were Saber (definitely the best Dread Fighter), Dread Fighter!Atlas, Mae, Boey, Leon, Kamui, Jesse, Est, Catria, Sonya, and Conrad. Dread Fighter!Atlas hits like a truck and was even capable of withstanding hits. Boey was surprisingly fast in my playthrough with pretty good speed. Conrad was a pretty good Cavalier from my experience. I grinded him up in the Treescape so that he would promote before tackling the second to last map before Duma Tower, and he was very reliable in the following battles, especially in the Duma Tower dungeon. I'd say my Conrad was only outclassed by Mathilda in the Cavalier department.

In all, this was quite a fun game. I'll need to finish Sacred Stones first to see which one I like more, but I will say that I enjoy both games much more than Awakening and the three versions of Fates. I'll try to tackle the post-game dungeon now, though I fear I won't be able to beat it because of how hard it is.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Movies with Mikey uploaded a new video on Guardians of the Galaxy. As of posting this, haven't finished it entirely, but I think it's a real great watch and shows how important it was to the MCU.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Only 3 more hours until the ARMS Global Testpunch!

Gonna play with motion controls (Pro Controller later). Which character I'll play first I don't know (but plan to play all 7)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So.

How do I play me some free Overwatch?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hmm...

Trying to figure out who I should play once its done downloading.

Orisa
Pharah
Winston
Symmetra
Torbjorn
Sombra

They all seem fun.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Does anyone know if Cuphead is still coming out? I haven't heard much about it recently. But that game looks cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom