• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So when does the free Overwatch happen?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Aaron and Sergio confirmed a few extra tidbits regarding Sonic Forces on today's Sonic livestream:

-The Custom Character will have voice options. 3 male and 3 female (at least as of right now, he didn't sound 100% sure).
-It's possible to make Coldsteel the Hedgehog almost exactly to a tee. They've done it.
-It's also possible to make a hedgehog that looks very close to Sonic too.
-Wispons are equippable and the ammunition for a Wispon will only be found in the level if you have it equipped. So in the gameplay footage we saw before, the player had the Burst Wispon equipped, so that's why the Burst capsules showed up. There were other colour capsules in the stage but they were empty. That's because the player hadn't equipped the appropriate Wispon. So essentially there's going to be reason to experiment with different Wispons by replaying stages with different ones.

Also we will be getting a proper sample of the Custom Character's Park Avenue music soon.

Also Sergio is no longer an intern, he's officially employed at SEGA.
Is it possible to create Sonichu?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Red Hood trailer for Injustice 2 on Sunday at Combo Breaker

So when does the free Overwatch happen?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ooh. Now that's interesting...

I hope we hear some samples soon.
Should note that he sounded like he meant the voice options are only meant for the character's in-game grunts and they might not talk in cutscenes...though I'd find that weird if it's the case.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I'm on Chapter 2 of Disgaea 5 now and wandering around the hubworld. . .

There's a punching bag with Red Magnus' face on it labelled "IDIOT." Absolutely RIDDLED with weapons and bullet holes.

. . .:4megaman: I wonder who's suffering right now.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Should note that he sounded like he meant the voice options are only meant for the character's in-game grunts and they might not talk in cutscenes...though I'd find that weird if it's the case.
I was under the impression that custom characters were silent anyways. Is that not the case?

EDIT: What would Coldsteel's voice be?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was under the impression that custom characters were silent anyways. Is that not the case?
Nah, at the very least, the custom character will have voice options for their in-game grunts and phrases and what not.

The gameplay footage we saw had a silent character but that's because it's either a build without those voices or because there will be an option to keep your character silent.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Nah, at the very least, the custom character will have voice options for their in-game grunts and phrases and what not.

The gameplay footage we saw had a silent character but that's because it's either a build without those voices or because there will be an option to keep your character silent.
By silent, I meant the character wasn't engaging in vocal conversation, like Link.

Which I don't expect and I don't want to see. Giving custom characters dialog always ruins the RPing (looking at you, FO4).

...first time I ever gave a damn about the RPing of a Sonic OC. :V

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh, another small tidbit, but you will also have a variety options for facial features such as ears on the custom character.

I mean I thought that would be a given but suppose I'll mention it in case anyone was worried you could only customise species, colour, and clothing.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Although a lot of people wish it was dead for some reason
They think it would translate into more Switch games sooner.

Considering Pokemon Company is implying they're having issues with HD development and most of the other games out anymore for the 3DS have either been in production for a while or recycle assets. . .I doubt it would actually translate the way people are thinking.

I actually do think it's winding down, seeing as the Switch is a hybrid and things like 2D Zelda are already hinted to be moving over. But it's going to go through a normal handheld life cycle, and that typically involves Pokemon moving off the system way longer afterwards than literally every other franchise and things in general not instantly vanishing as soon as a new handheld system comes out like some people expect.

I saw what happened with Gen 5. Pokemon takes it's sweet time regardless of what kind of system the next system available is.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

So that Boys life stuff was purely speculative. Hopefully Animal Crossing still happens though.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
my Disgaea 5 name is different then yours right? Coricus Coricus
They think it would translate into more Switch games sooner.

Considering Pokemon Company is implying they're having issues with HD development and most of the other games out anymore for the 3DS have either been in production for a while or recycle assets. . .I doubt it would actually translate the way people are thinking.

I actually do think it's winding down, seeing as the Switch is a hybrid and things like 2D Zelda are already hinted to be moving over. But it's going to go through a normal handheld life cycle, and that typically involves Pokemon moving off the system way longer afterwards than literally every other franchise and things in general not instantly vanishing as soon as a new handheld system comes out like some people expect.

I saw what happened with Gen 5. Pokemon takes it's sweet time regardless of what kind of system the next system available is.
Still dont see why everone is so so happy to have the 3DS killed off so so bad. Ill call it dead when they find a way to make 3DS games play on the Switch

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So here's something soul crushing about FE Echoes I just learned about (not through an in-game experience but I was browsing reddit and there was a thread about it).

You know the results screen at the end of a battle, where the amount of enemies defeated is tallied up and the characters will say stuff in celebration and what not?

Well, if you let certain characters die while a certain other character is in your party and survives the map, then on the results screen, that surviving character will react to the death of their friend. This applies to characters who are generally close like if you lose Mae while Boey lives or lose Python while Forsyth lives.

I think someone brought this up before but I didn't quite get what they meant but man this game loves bringing the feels.

Boey's "Mae?....Mae, this isn't funny!" tho :(

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
His voice actor is amazing (Liam O'Brien? Sounds a bit like him).

His break down after Alm beats him a second time is glorious.
Berkut is actually voiced by Ian Sinclair.

You're not the only one to guess Liam O'Brian though. I too initially thought it was him because Berkut's voice sounds a lot like Laslow and Gil.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So here's something soul crushing about FE Echoes I just learned about (not through an in-game experience but I was browsing reddit and there was a thread about it).

You know the results screen at the end of a battle, where the amount of enemies defeated is tallied up and the characters will say stuff in celebration and what not?

Well, if you let certain characters die while a certain other character is in your party and survives the map, then on the results screen, that surviving character will react to the death of their friend. This applies to characters who are generally close like if you lose Mae while Boey lives or lose Python while Forsyth lives.

I think someone brought this up before but I didn't quite get what they meant but man this game loves bringing the feels.

I posted that video of that when I brought it up

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My game crashed sometime before this
Gotta love this stability

My favorite moment was when RGB Vanilla Ice with Star Platinum broke the game though :^)

That's because that screen shot is when the game crashed. :p

And yes, can't forget RBG Vanilla Ice.
Screenshot (173).png
But in the vs screen he appeared as RBG Jotaro. :p And for some reason, when you went over one character it just said "Down" rather than showing their portrait.

But yeah, remember in part 3 when Vanilla Ice had Star Platinum and looked like.... That?

(It looks like something out of a bootleg game.)

(And ah, so that's why his hair is brown in the anime, they must of stole it from this glitch. : ^ )

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That line-up was too one sided. There was one vote for Grant and another for Sypha. But Alucard destroyed both of and even Eric in the end. He was always one of the more stronger non-Belmont in the universe, being Dracula's son and all.

Next up are more Castlevania heroes from the early 3D titles in addition to ones like Order of Ecclesia and Rondo of Blood. Your choices are Maria Renard, Cornell, Carrie Hernandez, and Shanoa.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
my Disgaea 5 name is different then yours right? Coricus Coricus

Still dont see why everone is so so happy to have the 3DS killed off so so bad. Ill call it dead when they find a way to make 3DS games play on the Switch
Yeah, they used the original name for the Japanese release and called it Disgaea 5 Complete for the US one. So you downloading it early off of the Japanese Eshop means yours has a different name even if nothing else is changed.

And your criteria for calling the 3DS dead is precisely why I think Nintendo says the Switch isn't a replacement. Even if the Switch eventually gets all the big handheld franchises, it'll never be able to outright replace having a 3DS because the 3DS will always have games only it can play.

I can see why people want to play more games on their shiny new Switch, but the attempts by people to bury the 3DS before the torch is properly passed admittedly feel rather uncomfortable to watch. The Switch hasn't even fully kicked off yet, the 3DS getting some support while the new system is eased in makes perfect sense and doesn't warrant the kind of aggression it gets from people. The Wii U not even having enough of a support base to bother with post-Switch is basically a freak accident in the grand scheme of things, that's not usually how transitions from system to system work at all.

D

Deleted member

IS: "Hey, you having a good time? **** you!"
Leon: "What will I fight for?"
Leon is Zero confirmed
That's because that screen shot is when the game crashed. :p

And yes, can't forget RBG Vanilla Ice.
But in the vs screen he appeared as RBG Jotaro. :p And for some reason, when you went over one character it just said "Down" rather than showing their portrait.

But yeah, remember in part 3 when Vanilla Ice had Star Platinum and looked like.... That?

(It looks like something out of a bootleg game.)

(And ah, so that's why his hair is brown in the anime, they must of stole it from this glitch. : ^ )
I'm still trying to figure out what happened
From Kakyoin, I pressed right and up in quick succession(just going up from Dio won't work) and this happened
And going right showed the Down thing.
I'm gonna try to look up if this is a known glitch or something that only happened to us

D

Deleted member

That line-up was too one sided. There was one vote for Grant and another for Sypha. But Alucard destroyed both of and even Eric in the end. He was always one of the more stronger non-Belmont in the universe, being Dracula's son and all.

Next up are more Castlevania heroes from the early 3D titles in addition to ones like Order of Ecclesia and Rondo of Blood. Your choices are Maria Renard, Cornell, Carrie Hernandez, and Shanoa.

Dammit, I missed the last vote.... Not that it mattered anyway. :p
IS: "Hey, you having a good time? **** you!"
Leon: "What will I fight for?"
Leon is Zero confirmed

I'm still trying to figure out what happened
From Kakyoin, I pressed right and up in quick succession(just going up from Dio won't work) and this happened
And going right showed the Down thing.
I'm gonna try to look up if this is a known glitch or something that only happened to us

We unlocked a super secret character. Too bad the game crashed so we couldn't see the sheer power of Bootleg Vanilla Ice Platinum.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, they used the original name for the Japanese release and called it Disgaea 5 Complete for the US one. So you downloading it early off of the Japanese Eshop means yours has a different name even if nothing else is changed.

And your criteria for calling the 3DS dead is precisely why I think Nintendo says the Switch isn't a replacement. Even if the Switch eventually gets all the big handheld franchises, it'll never be able to outright replace having a 3DS because the 3DS will always have games only it can play.

I can see why people want to play more games on their shiny new Switch, but the attempts by people to bury the 3DS before the torch is properly passed admittedly feel rather uncomfortable to watch. The Switch hasn't even fully kicked off yet, the 3DS getting some support while the new system is eased in makes perfect sense and doesn't warrant the kind of aggression it gets from people. The Wii U not even having enough of a support base to bother with post-Switch is basically a freak accident in the grand scheme of things, that's not usually how transitions from system to system work at all.
To play Devil's Advocate, the Wii U also had things only it could play, namely things that rely on Gamepad integration.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
To play Devil's Advocate, the Wii U also had things only it could play, namely things that rely on Gamepad integration.
And they initially said it wasn't a Wii U replacement either IIRC. Which it isn't, really.

Then it actually came closer to the time of the transition and they just kinda hurriedly swept the Wii U under the carpet.

They won't call something a replacement if they're still trying to sell the older system while grooming the successor.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But we aren't seeing any of those in the Switch
Besides, gamepad integration was always so forced in you could remove it from the game and it'd play the same
See: TW101
And I doubt the Switch will ever be able to have an EO game

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Cornell needs to win this.

We need more werewolves in Smash damn it!

D

Deleted member

Obligatory @Tord the Red Leader tag, since he was the owner of the previous Simon support thread.
Gotta be honest, i gave up hope of Simon in Smash. I still support the idea of Simon but.............that's as likely as a giant meteor destryoing the earth, or Chile winning the Fifa World Cup, or having a Dolphin Pokémon or me getting a girlfriend/married but eh, reality sucks.

Still thanks for tagging me, even if it was pointless in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Gotta be honest, i gave up hope of Simon in Smash. I still support the idea of Simon but.............that's as likely as a giant meteor destryoing the earth, or Chile winning the Fifa World Cup, or having a Dolphin Pokémon or me beign a loser, but eh, reality sucks.

Still thanks for tagging me, even if it was pointless in the long run.
I never had much hope for Simon myself. Complications aside, Snake still exists (and of course I want him back, too), and even if Konami were to get a second character, there's unfortunately no guarantee of it being Simon (not that I'd be opposed to someone like Bomberman being added). But that hasn't stopped me from supporting him.

You're welcome. And thanks for running the previous Simon threads.

Chrono.

So here's something I didn't really know, USF2 has a newly remixed SF2 OST. All this time I was assuming we'd be getting the techno remixes HD Remix got.

On that note, here's the Violent Ken theme.

Sounds rather Castlevania-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom