• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Comparing Xenoblade to Tales is one of the bigger stretches I've heard of, LOL. I mean, that's not even the same kind of gameplay. Xenoblade runs on autopilot with some more specific moves triggered by the player and Tales has you jamming buttons constantly to attack. It's hard to think of RPGs more different from each other from the few I've played that wouldn't be comparing one of them to turn-based ones.

Like, the later Final Fantasy games might work as a comparison, not sure. They do seem like they might be similar judging by the gameplay I've watched. But Tales is. . .no man, no. They're comparing a dog to a dogfish. At least with Symphonia in mind, the common threads here are so unrelated to being RPGs you may as well compare them to games in entirely different genres.

I can definitely see how feathers would get ruffled comparing it to the biggest pedigree in RPGs no matter how it shaped up either way, though. It can't have helped that after XIII I can see a lot of people actively wanting a reason to put down Final Fantasy considering the reaction it got, and the fandom was probably already defensive by then anyway. That was probably the source of the linearity comments and it's a bit of a wasp nest that didn't really need kicking.
I don't think that's the kind of comparison he was talking about, more in the meaning of "this game is just as good as that other one".

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Leon Belmont from Lament of Innocence had one. There was one vote for Christopher, but Sonia and the others were ignored. Can't blame them, Lament of Innocence is one of the best 3D Castlevania games.

Next up will be a round of heroes who aren't Belmonts, but save the day and kill Dracula without a whip and use their own abilities. Your choices are Alucard, Sypha Belnades, Eric Lecarde, and Grant Danasty.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Lol at the trap salt on Twitter.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Leon Belmont from Lament of Innocence had one. There was one vote for Christopher, but Sonia and the others were ignored. Can't blame them, Lament of Innocence is one of the best 3D Castlevania games.

Next up will be a round of heroes who aren't Belmonts, but save the day and kill Dracula without a whip and use their own abilities. Your choices are Alucard, Sypha Belnades, Eric Lecarde, and Grant Danasty.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Lol at the trap salt on Twitter.
Alucard ROFL stomps hard.

But this will be good.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In case anyone ever doubts that you should make Faye a Cleric.

WVW69kWQVNESuuw1Ma.jpg

My Knight Lukas has 20 Def right now. Faye is quite literally Gandalf.

She would have been amazing for Dolth Keep and the other swamp map.

The only real boost I ever gave her was Boots to increase her Mov by 1.

Honestly if her Res was any better she'd basically solo all of Alm's story. Good thing Alm's story mostly has physical attack enemies though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Alright, I finally got it in the mail, so it's time to boot up Disgaea 5 Complete! The demo was the first chapter, so I'll be retreading a bit, but I also know what I'm doing now. At least as much as the game taught me, LOL.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I think I take the opposite approach to the observations on 3. Technically speaking, anything can be art. You can drop a pair of glasses or a watermelon in an art display as a joke and people will treat it as an exhibit. Actually being stylish, on the other hand. . .
Normally I'd agree, but I just look at those panels and wonder what went wrong in the half-dozen years since I stopped paying attention to the comic.

I mean come on. Ceci n'est pas une mouth aside, in panel one Sonic looks like he's fresh out of rehab.

Has he kissed Eggman yet?
Don't make me get the bikini pic.

Your choices are Alucard, Sypha Belnades, Eric Lecarde, and Grant Danasty.
Let's be honest, Aussie.

Our choice is Alucard.

Alright, I finally got it in the mail, so it's time to boot up Disgaea 5 Complete! The demo was the first chapter, so I'll be retreading a bit, but I also know what I'm doing now. At least as much as the game taught me, LOL.
Demo data doesn't carry over?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Robotnik_with_sonic_2.png

Robertman2 Robertman2 I blame you for literally every part of this image search.

At least now you're all down this rabbit hole with me.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The Kamen Rider Ex-Aid movie is so good.

Evil Pac-Man is the best Pac-Man.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
For those who are level in Disgaea 5 best plan is kinda to just set cheat shop to max exp, go to 1-1, lift 1 prinny, and just drink a TON of unopened/opened sodas for item use exp.

At 150% i think it's 4 actions aka 2 unopened sodas per level.

edit: Items give a flat % to next level exp when used, making it kinda the best method until post-game imo.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
View attachment 129797

Robertman2 Robertman2 I blame you for literally every part of this image search.

At least now you're all down this rabbit hole with me.
Come to think of it, I think he actually DID kiss Robotnik in AoStH.

He was impersonating someone Robotnik was attempting to force into marriage. Even if there wasn't a kiss, I know full well Sonic was wearing a wedding dress.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

View attachment 129796

Honestly if her Res was any better she'd basically solo all of Alm's story. Good thing Alm's story mostly has physical attack enemies though.
I kinda regret not making her a cleric lol

D

Deleted member

View attachment 129796

Don't forget Warp+Rescue shenanigans with Silque
I wonder how many maps can be trivialised by patiently repeating this process

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Come to think of it, I think he actually DID kiss Robotnik in AoStH.

He was impersonating someone Robotnik was attempting to force into marriage. Even if there wasn't a kiss, I know full well Sonic was wearing a wedding dress.

Well.

That's a thing that happened.

Never getting those six minutes back.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
For those who are level in Disgaea 5 best plan is kinda to just set cheat shop to max exp, go to 1-1, lift 1 prinny, and just drink a TON of unopened/opened sodas for item use exp.

At 150% i think it's 4 actions aka 2 unopened sodas per level.

edit: Items give a flat % to next level exp when used, making it kinda the best method until post-game imo.
Thats what I did exept I went to 2-1 with max exp and sat on the EXP +50% geopanal

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh wow. That's something Blizzard didn't mention. Not only did they make Reaper's Shrug an Emote and a Spray, but also a Victory Pose. Just got it in this lootbox. Awesome.

Still no Event skin though.....despite getting 2 different Lootboxes with a Legendary each, one gave me a skin I already had and another non-Event one I didn't have.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh wow. That's something Blizzard didn't mention. Not only did they make Reaper's Shrug an Emote and a Spray, but also a Victory Pose. Just got it in this lootbox. Awesome.

Still no Event skin though.....despite getting 2 different Lootboxes with a Legendary each, one gave me a skin I already had and another one I didn't have.
It's almost like Blizzard wants your money and is prepared to stab you in the gut emotionally if you want a skin

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's almost like Blizzard wants your money and is prepared to stab you in the gut emotionally if you want a skin
Either that or massive payoff debt to the RNG Goddess for getting all Legendaries on Halloween, Christmas, Lunar New Year and all but one on Uprising. I wouldn't know.

"I'm not the one with the RNG Q&A Booklet."

That being said, 5 Dances in 2 days isn't so bad so far.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is it bad that I find Berkut super attractive? I mean, Lukas is still #1 because mm that voice but Berkut is pretty damn attractive as well
His voice actor is amazing (Liam O'Brien? Sounds a bit like him).

His break down after Alm beats him a second time is glorious.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Looks like I was right: the final boss in the Thabes Labyrinth ended up being Grima, or more accurately a younger version of it. The battle was actually pretty easy; the map is the same idea as the final chapter of Awakening, with Grima sitting at the top end, surrounded by sigils that warp in Risen every turn (who are absolutely no trouble to deal with). I will say the main reason I found it so easy is because I had Parthia, which has a skill that gives it 8 range on a Bow Fighter - longer than Grima's entire attack range. So I just had Leon sit just outside Grima's range, and snipe him until he died. Only trouble he posed was his insane amount of HP - 185 or something on Hard mode (he took like three crits in a row and his HP still showed up as "??"). The random monster battles in the rest of the dungeon (around the 9th floor) were harder than Grima's battle. I thought people said it was supposed to be difficult without grinding? I'm almost disappointed that it wasn't all it was hyped up to be. :p

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Aaron and Sergio confirmed a few extra tidbits regarding Sonic Forces on today's Sonic livestream:

-The Custom Character will have voice options. 3 male and 3 female (at least as of right now, he didn't sound 100% sure).
-It's possible to make Coldsteel the Hedgehog almost exactly to a tee. They've done it.
-It's also possible to make a hedgehog that looks very close to Sonic too.
-Wispons are equippable and the ammunition for a Wispon will only be found in the level if you have it equipped. So in the gameplay footage we saw before, the player had the Burst Wispon equipped, so that's why the Burst capsules showed up. There were other colour capsules in the stage but they were empty. That's because the player hadn't equipped the appropriate Wispon. So essentially there's going to be reason to experiment with different Wispons by replaying stages with different ones.

Also we will be getting a proper sample of the Custom Character's Park Avenue music soon.

Also Sergio is no longer an intern, he's officially employed at SEGA.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, my Wii U just crashed for the very first time since I got it in 2013, and I have no idea why.

I was playing Super Smash Bros. online, and it just...happened, all of the sudden, right as the winner of a match was getting announced. Might be due to the disc possibly being scratched, but I'm not sure. I'll have to take a look at the disc later.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I wonder which of their new listings is for Pokemon.

Maybe the 3ds and Switch rumor could happen.
At least we know something: the 3DS is clearly not dead yet.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Aaron and Sergio confirmed a few extra tidbits regarding Sonic Forces on today's Sonic livestream:

-The Custom Character will have voice options. 3 male and 3 female (at least as of right now, he didn't sound 100% sure).
-It's possible to make Coldsteel the Hedgehog almost exactly to a tee. They've done it.
-It's also possible to make a hedgehog that looks very close to Sonic too.
-Wispons are equippable and the ammunition for a Wispon will only be found in the level if you have it equipped. So in the gameplay footage was saw before, the player had the Burst Wispon equipped, so that's why the Burst capsules showed up. There were other colour capsules in the stage but they were empty. That's because the player hadn't equipped the appropriate Wispon. So essentially there's going to be reason to experiment with different Wispons by replaying stages with different ones.

Also we will be getting a proper sample of the Custom Character's Park Avenue music soon.

Also Sergio is no longer an intern, he's officially employed at SEGA.
I'm curious if you'll be able to save multiple custom characters, would make sense with the whole army theme the game has.

Congrats to Sergio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom