• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
so Game Freak is Recuruting staff for a rpg on the nintendo 3DS

you mean Magikarp Jump?
I can already see people melting from here.

The part that's a bit odd to me is that it's a bit late for them to be hiring staff for a game that would come out this year. So is Pokemon Company planning to stay on the 3DS for multiple years while the rest of Nintendo's studios move on, or. . .

On the OTHER hand with that, there was also a job opening a while back for a game comparable to Vita/Wii U level that would almost certainly be releasing next year considering the time frame. So UH.

And then there's the fact that we've burnt through the announcement of our only event Mythical already and Pokemon tends to love to stretch those out as far into a gen as they can anymore.

The whole thing is a weird mess and I can't tell what on earth is going on anymore. Were the people peddling that theory that Stars would be crossgen actually right and it's just been put off by a year? Seems a bit late to announce a new Pokemon game at this point for this year. But with the event Mythical already announced, would that mean that one Switch leak that said they added in new Pokemon in the middle of the gen with Stars might have some weight?? Heck, the haven't made a movie for the ACTUAL Legendaries yet.

The bigger the picture gets the more confusing it looks.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I can already see people melting from here.

The part that's a bit odd to me is that it's a bit late for them to be hiring staff for a game that would come out this year. So is Pokemon Company planning to stay on the 3DS for multiple years while the rest of Nintendo's studios move on, or. . .

On the OTHER hand with that, there was also a job opening a while back for a game comparable to Vita/Wii U level that would almost certainly be releasing next year considering the time frame. So UH.

And then there's the fact that we've burnt through the announcement of our only event Mythical already and Pokemon tends to love to stretch those out as far into a gen as they can anymore.

The whole thing is a weird mess and I can't tell what on earth is going on anymore. Were the people peddling that theory that Stars would be crossgen actually right and it's just been put off by a year? Seems a bit late to announce a new Pokemon game at this point for this year. But with the event Mythical already announced, would that mean that one leak that said they added in new Pokemon in the middle of the gen with Stars might have some weight?? Heck, the haven't made a movie for the ACTUAL Legendaries yet.

The bigger the picture gets the more confusing it looks.
well it said it was a main title on 3DS on the job site so idk what game freaks doing but Im all for it whatever it is

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Decided to use a $50 gift card I got from work yesterday to save some cash towards a Switch Pro Controller.

Pretty good and nice to hold. I also like I can use it on a PC without mods or adapters too.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
well it said it was a main title on 3DS on the job site so idk what game freaks doing but Im all for it whatever it is
I thought it said it was an RPG and didn't clarify? At least, the NeoGAF thread discussing it didn't seem to state that it was clear.

The Vita/Wii U level one that wraps up next year I think said it was a world famous video game franchise.

I mean, both are pretty freaking obvious what they mean in the context of the company making it, but still.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You just gotta make a Spider Jerusalem avatar. And it'll hold you over.
I mean, no, it won't. Nothing could.

But that won't stop me from doing it anyway.

>Asking Red to have a non-Pikachu avi
That's a paddling
avi_presenting_paddle.png

We all know what he meant.

But that won't stop me from doing it anyway.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Ok, so... apparently, people are saying on the Nintendo Switch Reddit that a Boy Scout magazine may of leaked some announcements for E3. According to the person who posted the image of the magazine, it comes from the June issue, which is within the timing of E3:

Let's just say... to those who are anticipating Animal Crossing/Pikmin, you might be pleased to see this. Although I will say, this could just be speculation from the authors of the magazine and that if this ultimately turns out to be true, there will be more to see for sure beyond these two game series.
Ha, that's funny. I was just reading my issue of the magazine, and I saw that in there. I barely follow E3, so I assumed it was all confirmed information.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I thought it said it was an RPG and didn't clarify? At least, the NeoGAF thread discussing it didn't seem to state that it was clear.

The Vita/Wii U level one that wraps up next year I think said it was a world famous video game franchise.

I mean, both are pretty freaking obvious what they mean in the context of the company making it, but still.
hold on, I got google translate

"コンシューマーゲームのプログラミング -3D表現の研究・実装。 -メインタイトルは3DS向けののRPG。"

translated to

"Programming of consumer games Study and implementation of 3D representation. - The main title is RPG for 3DS."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't get why you guys are going crazy over the Pikmin thing when it's obviously talking about Hey!Pikmin

@ GF RPG thing
I've always wanted to see more from GF outside of Pokemon and I'm curious what they'd do for an RPG that's not Pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I don't get why you guys are going crazy over the Pikmin thing when it's obviously talking about Hey!Pikmin

@ GF RPG thing
I've always wanted to see more from GF outside of Pokemon and I'm curious what they'd do for an RPG that's not Pokemon.

The only thing I can see when I close my eyes when I think of GF is Pokemon and maybe HarmoKnight

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Making stuff in GameMaker is so stressful, especially when you're somewhat inexperienced w/ code and the tutorial you're looking at has blatantly broken/incompatible code that you don't know how to fix. >:/

Thankfully this struggle allowed my team to shift directions with the project, and I'm happy we have a more clear, simplistic idea now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Has anyone here used the Boots from the free DLC? And if so, on which unit did you use them on?
Also, the first Villager's Fork comes out today incase you want to break the game or reclass someone

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
In the next episode of Pokémon;

Ash is introduced to hallucinations caused by the aftermath of hitting too many shrooms.

And if we're lucky, he might share. :troll:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The only thing I can see when I close my eyes when I think of GF is Pokemon and maybe HarmoKnight
I've managed to remember something else I've heard about recently, but only because it's outright an example of Game Freak making something not on Nintendo consoles recently and the name of the game is too utterly absurd to not remember.

But I mean, now I want to double check what the whole list is. . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Freak

Oh hey, I just remembered Pocket Card Jockey when I read this list, too. Pokemon is the first thing that pops into my mind for them for sure, but they do a lot of other little projects too. They've been making games since before Pokemon was a thing and while they kind of skipped making anything else during the DS gen the rest of the time they actually make the occasional thing mixed in. Heck, I didn't realize they were the ones that made Drill Dozer.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I've managed to remember something else I've heard about recently, but only because it's outright an example of Game Freak making something not on Nintendo consoles recently and the name of the game is too utterly absurd to not remember.

Oh hey, I just remembered Pocket Card Jockey when I read this list, too. Pokemon is the first thing that pops into my mind for them for sure, but they do a lot of other little projects too. They've been making games since before Pokemon was a thing and while they kind of skipped making anything else during the DS gen the rest of the time they actually make the occasional thing mixed in. Heck, I didn't realize they were the ones that made Drill Dozer.
It isnt like Level 5 where I can name games right off the bad that isnt just Layton. All I can see with GF is Pokemon

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Causal reminder that Game Freak has made more Xbox One and PS4 games than they have Wii U games

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It isnt like Level 5 where I can name games right off the bad that isnt just Layton. All I can see with GF is Pokemon
It's not much wonder. Level 5 has several franchises that all sell fairly well without too huge of a gap between their successes. Layton, Yokai Watch, Inazuma Eleven. . .some people other than me even actually remember White Knight Chronicles, LOL. Game Freak has one EXTREMELY huge franchise and then a bunch of other games that range from obscure to just outright download only fluff.

Game Freak is so associated with Pokemon that they may as well BE Pokemon. A lot of people probably think Nintendo even either owns them or has them on a leash when they've repeatedly made things that haven't even touched Nintendo systems.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wanna be different so Ill probably make Lukas a Mage or Archer. Mercs are a bit overused for all characters
Well enjoy a mage that only gets 3 spells if you make Lukas one.

Also Alm's sode has no mercs, just like how when we get the next pitchfork I'm probably gonna make Jesse a Cavalier.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Also Alm's sode has no mercs, just like how when we get the next pitchfork I'm probably gonna make Jesse a Cavalier.
Well I made Gray one already. or should I make Celicas ****ty army better with the fork. So many Mercs on her side, like why

D

Deleted member

Don't use the VF on Mercs, they can eventually reclass back naturally at DF Lv.10
Same goes for turning anyone not a Villager or Merc into a Mage/Cleric, they only get the generic set and it's HORRIBLE
Fire, Thunder and Recover for Mages
Nosferatu, Seraphim and Recover for Clerics

Best options are to reclass the Knights out of it due to Mov or males into Merc for the DF loop abuse.
Of course, if we're talking about optimization, I'd just turn everyone on Alm's side into an Archer

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I'd just turn everyone on Aom's side into an Archer
Ill proobaly turn Lukas to an Archer

It sucks Pegasus Knights are back to being gender specific. I would make Atlas or Lukas one if I could. I kinda miss Fates selection of classes and being able to turn anyone into anything

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Don't use the VF on Mercs, they can eventually reclass back naturally at DF Lv.10
Same goes for turning anyone not a Villager or Merc into a Mage/Cleric, they only get the generic set and it's HORRIBLE
Fire, Thunder and Recover for Mages
Nosferatu, Seraphim and Recover for Clerics

Best options are to reclass the Knights out of it due to Mov or males into Merc for the DF loop abuse.
Of course, if we're talking about optimization, I'd just turn everyone on Alm's side into an Archer

I wasn't gonna. I had a brain fart, I meant Valbar.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Point was that accusing Chrono Trigger of becoming obscure is kind of absurd. Was going for by comparison, but really, just in general. It's even directly in the public consciousness again after hitting two top-100-RPG-of-all-time lists in the last month (Game Informer at #3, IGN at #1).
I guess that's fair enough...

Also what's confusing about the magic system? It's basically Materia and Rock-Paper-Scissors Elements having a baby who really loves chain attacks, it really ain't that complicated.
Well, I've never played FF 7 (assuming that's where the materia is from), and it was like, you had to keep using the same element for your attacks to any real damage, and every party member had different ones, and enemies could also mess it up as well...

TIME FOR A CHAIN ATTACK!!! :4shulk:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Half the time I remember White Knight Chronicles I have to go listen to this song, LOL.

You know, it's interesting. I love this song, and did enjoy playing WKC. . .but so much of it makes me kind of grateful for the direction Xenoblade Chronicles went not much later. WKC does some things better than Xenoblade, to be sure, there's greater customization, the female armors (usually) don't look horrendously awkward, Xenoblade isn't really known for it's multiplayer implementation. . .but overall I feel Xenoblade addressed everything that bothered me about WKC.

If I'm bothered about being too slow and not being able to properly run from enemies, Xenoblade gives me the ability to run. If I'm frustrated over not being able to make it over an ankle high step, Xenoblade gives me the ability to jump. If the battle music is driving me up the wall from one too many times playing, Xenoblade softens it by having better general direction. Yes, even the rapping in XCX is less grating when compared in the sheer volume of play time involved. If I'm not particularly in the mood to constantly backtrack and loop around in circles to navigate nearly every map, then hey, you don't have to do that so much in Xenoblade. XCX even uses a less awkward mechanic for allowing giant fighters on the field.

I don't usually play enough games to play one, then go onto another and realize in retrospect just how many little annoyances it patched up compared to the most comparable one I can think of, but this. . .is an example. I've heard people say Xenoblade games in general are bad, and if that's the case I hate to think what that says about WKC.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
TBF I don't think most people remember White Knight Chronicles, let alone critics of Xenoblade.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

The only non-Pokémon I remember from Game Freak is Tembo the Badass Elephant.

Surprising that it wasn't on Nintendo.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923

Half the time I remember White Knight Chronicles I have to go listen to this song, LOL.

You know, it's interesting. I love this song, and did enjoy playing WKC. . .but so much of it makes me kind of grateful for the direction Xenoblade Chronicles went not much later. WKC does some things better than Xenoblade, to be sure, there's greater customization, the female armors (usually) don't look horrendously awkward, Xenoblade isn't really known for it's multiplayer implementation. . .but overall I feel Xenoblade addressed everything that bothered me about WKC.

If I'm bothered about being too slow and not being able to properly run from enemies, Xenoblade gives me the ability to run. If I'm frustrated over not being able to make it over an ankle high step, Xenoblade gives me the ability to jump. If the battle music is driving me up the wall from one too many times playing, Xenoblade softens it by having better general direction. Yes, even the rapping in XCX is less grating when compared in the sheer volume of play time involved. If I'm not particularly in the mood to constantly backtrack and loop around in circles to navigate nearly every map, then hey, you don't have to do that so much in Xenoblade. XCX even uses a less awkward mechanic for allowing giant fighters on the field.

I don't usually play enough games to play one, then go onto another and realize in retrospect just how many little annoyances it patched up compared to the most comparable one I can think of, but this. . .is an example. I've heard people say Xenoblade games in general are bad, and if that's the case I hate to think what that says about WKC.
The only real criticism I have of Xenoblade Chronicles (I've only played the first on the 3DS), was that a lot of the party members were a little awkward to use effectively, especially Melia... The only characters I really ended up using were Shulk, Reyn, and Sharla.
Also: Shulk was the best character in the game, making it kind of hard to not have him in your party...

At least it was better than the harrowing journey through Final Fantasy XIII, but that's a given...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New SU promo! I still can't believe Lars is getting this much screentime and focus
Steven: "How's this a fair trial? Our lawyer is a Ruby."
Yellow Diamond: "It's not fair, you have no rights and she's not a lawyer, we just keep her here because she's fun."

That scene where Steven is crying is definitely from the leaked soryboard image that says "lol which main character died" I bet right now that the storyboard happens but Lars survives and they end up fusing which aids them in escaping homeworld.

and if that magazine is true, a new Animal Crossing would be awesome.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've heard people say Xenoblade games in general are bad, and if that's the case I hate to think what that says about WKC.
The 'Xenoblade is bad' mindset came from the games fans and critics praising the game very very highly. In many reviews you see them compare it to other games like Final Fantasy and Tales, so on, and I guess that rubs people the wrong way. The fact that it was held as the savior of the JRPG genre from itself surely didn't help. Every reviewer made sure to point out that the game was a breath of fresh air compared to the linearity of current JRPG's.

The games are FAR from bad. Xenoblade X is a bit of a crawl to make progress do to it's length and scope but that in no way makes it bad. Can't speak for WKC, never played them.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I honestly never heard of White Knight Chronicles
Yeah I totally forgot it too.

Honestly, games like that don't appeal to me too much. They take away the thing I enjoy most about MMOs- the social aspect- and mash them into a weird mixture of mediocre psudeo-MMO gameplay that's more like a barren open-world RPG than anything.

Apparently Injustice 2 has a projectile problem.

Thoughts?
Zoning has always been absurdly strong in NRS games (especially at launch), and the average person playing in the first month of any NRS game is on usually pretty awful at the game and will likely drop it. I think the problem is fundamental tho. Deadshot is gonna get bodied next patch lol.

Also if you're still looking for people to play OW with on PC I'm totally up for that.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
The Velmont poll was off to a good start. Simon Belmont was the one to get the most support. But that's not to say the Julius, Richter, and Trevor support didn't exist. But at least the fans agree who is the better Belmont.

But it's not over, there are still some important members in the clan. Which is why another poll needs to be made. Your choices are Sonia Belmont, Juste Belmont. Leon Belmont, and Christopher Belmont.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Pick well.
julius belmont is the only real choice

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Just unlocked Cyber Slicks in MK8D.

I've dropped to one and a half bars of traction.

What is this madness.

Well, I've never played FF 7 (assuming that's where the materia is from)
Well that's a problem. Certainly not mandatory, the two systems weren't identical, but if you understood one it made the other easier to pick up. Like learning Spanish and then Italian.

Exercise in preparation and teambuilding mostly. And more the former at that; personally I remember using whichever characters I wanted so long as I could stuff them full of appropriate elements and lay into foes accordingly. Sure, enemies could fiddle with it, but if you dogpiled them enough it wouldn't stop you.

Kinda want to run through that game again now, actually. Just need to get the RetroPie's PSX configs straight first.

some people other than me even actually remember White Knight Chronicles, LOL.
Didn't even know it was a thing.

Yet somehow I remembered Pocket Card Jockey.

Don't know what that says.

Also, turns out GF also did Tembo the Badass Elephant. Didn't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom