• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Even without that leak from the Boys Scouts magazine. I fully expect Nintendo to show the next Animal Crossing at E3 this year.

With New Leaf selling gangbusters, and the Switch being the perfect console for a game like Animal Crossing, it makes sense they want to show that as soon as possible.
Well, damn SNU you spoiled me. I avoided that leak but Animal Crossing is in it huh? I fully expected them to show it off though, probably as an early 2018 title along with that rumored Pikmin title and, maybe, Fire Emblem Switch. I also fully expect Xenoblade 2 to get pushed back into 2018 as well.

I guess with that and the Mario + Rabbids leak that's two spots on by bingo card basically filled in already. And it ain't even June yet!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well, damn SNU you spoiled me. I avoided that leak but Animal Crossing is in it huh? I fully expected them to show it off though, probably as an early 2018 title along with that rumored Pikmin title and, maybe, Fire Emblem Switch. I also fully expect Xenoblade 2 to get pushed back into 2018 as well.

I guess with that and the Mario + Rabbids leak that's two spots on by bingo card basically filled in already. And it ain't even June yet!
I'm sorry. Want me to spoiler it?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You're good. I went back and took a gander at the leak anyways. I figured I was going to get spoiled on something sooner or later. That leak was just on Pikmin and Animal Crossing though so I don't really mind. I dunno how much I trust a Boy Scout magazine. Guess we'll find out in the coming weeks.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This is assuming the Boy Scouts actually know any stuff.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Even without that leak from the Boys Scouts magazine. I fully expect Nintendo to show the next Animal Crossing at E3 this year.

With New Leaf selling gangbusters, and the Switch being the perfect console for a game like Animal Crossing, it makes sense they want to show that as soon as possible.
Wait, what happened with the BSA magazine?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

But they just released amiibo festival, the best game in the series!

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
You're good. I went back and took a gander at the leak anyways. I figured I was going to get spoiled on something sooner or later. That leak was just on Pikmin and Animal Crossing though so I don't really mind. I dunno how much I trust a Boy Scout magazine. Guess we'll find out in the coming weeks.
This is assuming the Boy Scouts actually know any stuff.
Well, I'm a member of the BSA, and we always try to be Trustworthy...It's the first part of the Scout Law (not an actual law, mind you)

Then again, they aren't a gaming group (though a good number of them still play games), they are just an organization for boys...

I don't care, I'm just really curious. If you don't want to spoil it for anyone else here, then tell me in a conversation please...I'm just really curious about this...

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
tbh...I wouldn't really put much stock into the magazine leak...at least not until we get more info...

I dunno why but it feels like they are 'assuming' and just listing off Nintendo games...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly the magazine seems more like a prediction than anything else.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Double Dash is bae <3
On that note, question: do you have a favorite Mario Kart track of all time? :p
I haven't played MK in a while, but my fav tracks of all time are probably Music Park and Coconut Mall
I have plenty of favorites, but the top three would definitely be Mount Wario, Shy Guy Falls, and Wild Woods.
  • Mount Wario for being the best three-section-split course we have in the series. Each section feels unique, and I love how the music changes as you progress down the mountain.
  • Shy Guy Falls for making great use of the anti-gravity when you ride up and down the falls. I also love the attention to detail where the Shy Guys working in the mines sing in tune with the course's track. Said music is also one of my favorites. Has a southern yet adventurous theme to it.
  • Wild Woods for being gorgeous overall, and I like how the entire course basically has you travel up and down a massive tree (you even start halfway up the tree while in anti-gravity). Great music as well. Very soothing and fits well with the stage.
Honorable mentions go out to Toad's Factory and Waluigi Pinball. Toad's Factory for its aesthetics, the hazards with the giant stamps and the bulldozers, the conveyer belts, and an overall great feel for a factory. I also like how it expands on Mario Kart lore. It's the place where Item Blocks are created. Waluigi Pinball for how it feels like you are a pinball traveling down an actual pinball machine, and the soundtrack is pretty funky.

Also, congrats on becoming a mod! I know you'll do a great job at it!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Chrono.

I missed the Mario Kart question earlier.

But yeah, I vote for Mount Wario from 8, Rainbow Road from 7, Royal Raceway from 64 for nostalgic reasons and both F-Zero tracks from 8.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I was watching Corrector Yui Episode 8 (originally aired in 1999) and the first part of the plot involved a blue bird trying to send a message from the Virtual World to the real one.
twit2.jpg

Said bird was also shown in a stressed state in computers experiencing a network crash.
twitter.jpg

They still use floppy disks in this show but somehow they freaking predicted Twitter.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm mostly neutral on the Far Cry 5 Christianity thing but I love how people who "support free speech of game developers" are angry and demand change

Also, Crunchyroll showed a video about how Overwatch's new skins and dances are based off of anime.
First Anime News Network having a ****ing HORRENDOUS article on Kamen Rider Poppy showing nobody there knows what they're talking about, and now Crunchyroll thinks Kamen Rider is anime. THE SHIN CHAN CROSSOVER HAPPENED ONLY ONCE DAMMIT

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm mostly neutral on the Far Cry 5 Christianity thing but I love how people who "support free speech of game developers" are angry and demand change
If you actually looked, no one demanded change. Some aren't necessarily happy and expressed concern, but no one actually demanded change. The only talk of change was my post talking about how the Bioshock Infinite director took feedback from one of his staff and did some changes to make the ending not look like a "religion makes you evil" deal.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If you actually looked, no one demanded change. Some aren't necessarily happy and expressed concern, but no one actually demanded change. The only talk of change was my post talking about how the Bioshock Infinite director took feedback from one of his staff and did some changes to make the ending not look like a "religion makes you evil" deal.
Nobody HERE mentioned that.
I'm talking about people on twitter I've seen, which you likely haven't seen everyone, and I didn't mean everyone who didn't like it was one of those arses. I'm talking about "HOW DARE YOU DO TBIS WHEN ISIS LITERALLY ATTACKED YESTERDAY" and **** like that

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think she's talking about people outside of the site.

Edit:

Ha, I was right.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Nobody HERE mentioned that.
I'm talking about people on twitter I've seen, which you likely haven't seen everyone, and I didn't mean everyone who didn't like it was one of those arses. I'm talking about "HOW DARE YOU DO TBIS WHEN ISIS LITERALLY ATTACKED YESTERDAY" and **** like that
Yeah, I was hasty to assume. I don't go on Twitter in general, so it's easy for me to forget it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Thread is active enough, looks like.

Now time for the question of the ages(well, for me).

...Should I make a proper Quest 64(and related games) thread in Nintenzone?

Simply answer by giving this post a Like. Keep in mind I just want to see if there's enough interest in having a somewhat active discussion on it.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Thread is active enough, looks like.

Now time for the question of the ages(well, for me).

...Should I make a proper Quest 64(and related games) thread in Nintenzone?

Simply answer by giving this post a Like. Keep in mind I just want to see if there's enough interest in having a somewhat active discussion on it.
I don't know very much of anything about Quest 64 but I don't suppose a thread for it could really hurt.

Chrono.

I am like 80% sure Quest 64 is the first RPG I ever played.

I remember wandering around the initial town a lot... and getting scared at the monsters you find outside so I never progressed further. LOL

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't know very much of anything about Quest 64 but I don't suppose a thread for it could really hurt.
Well, seeing if it'd have enough interest is my main goal. Mostly cause a lot of Quest-related stuff I've made have died out. I'm a little cynical about it at this point. XD

I am like 80% sure Quest 64 is the first RPG I ever played.

I remember wandering around the initial town a lot... and getting scared at the monsters you find outside so I never progressed further. LOL
The Were Hare is scary? Hell Hound, I get, but...

Anyway, it's a great beginner's rpg since it really has a good balanced system for battle and also keeps the story and progression simple. I'd say its biggest downside is how confusing some dungeons are(I mean, there's other bad points, like no party members, no money system, lack of any real characterization bar a tiny slew of characters...). At least, that's the one thing that can keep you from beating the game. Getting lost in the Blue Cave isn't too hard, although at the very least it gives you actual directional arrows in the game itself in return. Most dungeons don't have branching paths as is.

I would've loved a proper in-dungeon map, but the way the game is designed, that itself could make them way too easy as well. Since it's not like Zelda where the map is more due to how non-linear the dungeons are, and to get specific items meant to progress, well, the game is designed around it. In this case, all it would do is just give you a fast route out, but not help you find any hidden items or spirits. IMO, a map isn't that bad of an idea, but it doesn't feel super needed because it doesn't have specific and useful benefits beyond "this is the way you go".

Chrono.

Well, seeing if it'd have enough interest is my main goal. Mostly cause a lot of Quest-related stuff I've made have died out. I'm a little cynical about it at this point. XD

The Were Hare is scary? Hell Hound, I get, but...

Anyway, it's a great beginner's rpg since it really has a good balanced system for battle and also keeps the story and progression simple. I'd say its biggest downside is how confusing some dungeons are(I mean, there's other bad points, like no party members, no money system, lack of any real characterization bar a tiny slew of characters...). At least, that's the one thing that can keep you from beating the game. Getting lost in the Blue Cave isn't too hard, although at the very least it gives you actual directional arrows in the game itself in return. Most dungeons don't have branching paths as is.

I would've loved a proper in-dungeon map, but the way the game is designed, that itself could make them way too easy as well. Since it's not like Zelda where the map is more due to how non-linear the dungeons are, and to get specific items meant to progress, well, the game is designed around it. In this case, all it would do is just give you a fast route out, but not help you find any hidden items or spirits. IMO, a map isn't that bad of an idea, but it doesn't feel super needed because it doesn't have specific and useful benefits beyond "this is the way you go".
I vaguely remember being scared of a dog like thing so I'm guessing that's the hell hound.

I was like 4 (or 5?) so my memory on it is extremely fuzzy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I vaguely remember being scared of a dog like thing so I'm guessing that's the hell hound.

I was like 4 (or 5?) so my memory on it is extremely fuzzy.
Yep, Hell Hound. That thing definitely has a pretty vicious design. Being in 3D makes it feel a bit more realistic.
hellhound.jpg
Albeit, it's not super scary now. Ghosthound's a bit more deadly looking.

Completely understandable, man. It didn't help it basically attacked with the flames of hell against you, a young boy(apparently he's 15 according to the original game plans, huh), so that's gotta be rather scary. Let's just say it can get worse. The game in itself, imo, should be E10+ now. It doesn't help that the final boss is pretty creepy too, same with the dungeon itself. Sad part is that there's so little story itself that trying to spoiler the game is... difficult.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The guy doing CastleVania's Netflix show's done what's considered one of the best Moon Knight comics. Neat
Is Moon Knight another Kamen Rider thing? Never heard of that one. I mean, besides the two Americanized shows and a slight bit due to looking up Kamen Rider sprites(to sprite edit for a character), I know little about Kamen Rider.

D

Deleted member

Just saw the Castlevania Netflix show trailer, and I have to say THIS is how you make a cool and reassuring trailer for what looks like to be a promising adaptation of a video game series.

And this comes from someone who barely played to only one game of the series.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Is Moon Knight another Kamen Rider thing? Never heard of that one. I mean, besides the two Americanized shows and a slight bit due to looking up Kamen Rider sprites(to sprite edit for a character), I know little about Kamen Rider.
Moon Knight's a Marvel character. Though a Kamen Rider adaptation called Dragon Knight exists

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Moon Knight's a Marvel character. Though a Kamen Rider adaptation called Dragon Knight exists
Ah, never heard of Moon Knight. That's why I asked.

Anyway, I've seen almost all of Dragon Knight, bar the last episode which was online only. I'm going to rewatch it on Netflix if it shows up. As poor as it is, I wouldn't mind watching all of Masked Rider for the hell of it. I still gotta rewatch the Live-Action TMNT too.

Won't pretend a lot of these shows are "good", but I still had fun watching 'em. Which is all that should matter. :)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I gotta say.

Between Bomberman R's very existence, its free updates and the Castlevania TV show....

I think Konami is slowly earning back my trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom