• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The poll came to a close and Konami was a clear winner. Capcom was close while Square was practically halfway there. So as promised, I will handle all Konami IP's for these Smash polls for a while. Starting with the Castlevania franchise in honor of the awesome Netflix anime.

We all love the Belmont Clan and many of these vampire hunters are powerful in their own right. But only one shall be chosen for Smash. Your choices are Simon Belmont, Richter Belmont, Trevor Belmont, and Julius Belmont. Live and let die, fight!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Ok, so... apparently, people are saying on the Nintendo Switch Reddit that a Boy Scout magazine may of leaked some announcements for E3. According to the person who posted the image of the magazine, it comes from the June issue, which is within the timing of E3:

Let's just say... to those who are anticipating Animal Crossing/Pikmin, you might be pleased to see this. Although I will say, this could just be speculation from the authors of the magazine and that if this ultimately turns out to be true, there will be more to see for sure beyond these two game series.
AND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuu

Please Nintendo. I've been waiting for Pikmin 4 since it was teased . . .years ago?
PLEASE let this be the truth. . .

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Looking pretty awesome, I can't wait.

And they didn't tamper with my husbando, BONUS ****ING POINTS

I love it when video game adaptations are actually good.
Well, if we actually get a decent video game show, things can't be all bad these days. So many series could work, but too many change the core of their franchise. Also...

T R E V O R
R
E
V
O
R

D

Deleted member

The poll came to a close and Konami was a clear winner. Capcom was close while Square was practically halfway there. So as promised, I will handle all Konami IP's for these Smash polls for a while. Starting with the Castlevania franchise in honor of the awesome Netflix anime.

We all love the Belmont Clan and many of these vampire hunters are powerful in their own right. But only one shall be chosen for Smash. Your choices are Simon Belmont, Richter Belmont, Trevor Belmont, and Julius Belmont. Live and let die, fight!

Obligatory @Tord the Red Leader tag, since he was the owner of the previous Simon support thread.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Trevor, Richter, and Julius are about to get rekt.

That's all I'll have to say.

D

Deleted member

Trevor, Richter, and Julius are about to get rekt.

That's all I'll have to say.
Which kind of sucks because I prefer(keyword prefer, Simon is still awesome too.) all three of them over Simon TBH.

Simon is pretty much just the recognizable name among fans and non-fans alike.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Richter was the first to have all the crazy moves that the rest of the Belmonts carry with them now. But c'mon, Simon is the classic hero. Everybody knows him and he's got the most costumes to run with.

Assuming that it's possible, you could take whip and kick attacks from the other Belmonts and apply them to Simon for some normals.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Richter was the first to have all the crazy moves that the rest of the Belmonts carry with them now. But c'mon, Simon is the classic hero. Everybody knows him and he's got the most costumes to run with.

Assuming that it's possible, you could take whip and kick attacks from the other Belmonts and apply them to Simon for some normals.
Or better yet, we can have the others as alts. Though taking some abilities from them would be nice.

Also, too many mods here. :p

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Ok, so... apparently, people are saying on the Nintendo Switch Reddit that a Boy Scout magazine may of leaked some announcements for E3. According to the person who posted the image of the magazine, it comes from the June issue, which is within the timing of E3:

Let's just say... to those who are anticipating Animal Crossing/Pikmin, you might be pleased to see this. Although I will say, this could just be speculation from the authors of the magazine and that if this ultimately turns out to be true, there will be more to see for sure beyond these two game series.
So what you're saying is Boy Scouts get all the Nintendo news before everyone else?

"You can trust my source, he's from the Boy Scouts."

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Let's just say, there would be quite a lot of rage and frustration in the Animal Crossing community if that happened again, so... :p

I'm quite positive that Pumpkaboo wants a mainstream game rather than another cash grab game as is.
Im actually fine with anything, Animal crossing is animal crossing to me
Even if it's another amiibo Festival?
Im down for anything, Any Animal Crossing news is good news to me

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Overwatch is pretty insistent on giving me Dances rather than a Legendary Event skin. Just got my 5th Dance.
Lucky! I haven't gotten skins or dance emotes so far. I have got some voice lines though, which can be fun. There's something pretty good ones in this update and I always like seeing what ones get added.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I see no Metroid, so...

Not interested:4cloud:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
@NonSpecificGuy

The reason it has the appeal is because it is a very accessible game on the PC plus most Flash Gaming websites have at least one of the game builds for this title. Plus it was VERY popular on Newgrounds, it brrought in 1 million players (Super Smash Flash) It introduced me (a bunch of others) to Smash Bros as a whole when I was a wee lad. To quote a few things
It was featured in GamesRadar's "10 fan games that shouldn't be ceased or desisted" as number 5 while still in its infancy, and gained a feature article on GoNintendo.[18][19] Shortly before the release of version 0.9b, one writer for the video gaming website Polygon opined that "There's a low-fi pixel art aesthetic and a sense of freedom that makes Super Smash Flash 2 more appealing to me than the real thing."[20]Super Smash Flash 2's demos maintain over 400,000 plays a day on McLeodGaming alone, and peaked at over 1 million daily plays on January 20, 2013.[21] Notably, the game's work-in-progress v0.9a demo was featured as an indie game at the worldwide Super Smash Bros. tournament Apex 2013, and returned the following two years with subsequent updates.[22]
Plus seeing certain characters that you wouldn't regularly see in Smash like MegaMan (before Sm4sh) and Bandana Dee in action is pretty cool

On a side note:
About the anime characters they wee put into the game for "joke" purposes but kept them because they were popular among the fan base. I don't mind them personally but I just wanted people to understand that why we have the "Big 3".

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Oh? In that case, I understand.

However, does that mean you'd even be fine with an Animal Crossing that has RPG elements in it? :p
Hell yeah id be fine with that. If the gameplay was good on it, you bet Id be fine with it

I wasnt so mad at Amiibo Festival because, well, Its a spinoff. Why get raged at a spinoff? and i kinda liked it as the spinoff it is

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Somehow, I have gained an interest in seeing Banjo-Kazooie become a playable fighter in Smash after watching tons of gameplay of both mainstream games and listening to a huge amount of the soundtrack (which is really darn good, by the way). Nuts and Bolts is excluded, of course, but I will say that the music for that game was just as great as the other two games.

I was originally neutral on them appearing in Smash, but I might actually go crazy if they somehow make it into the game... even if they weren't necessarily apart of my childhood due to not owning a Nintendo 64 nor being old enough to really play video games at the time. :p

Now if only they can get past the barrier that is Microsoft... even with Phil Spencer saying he'd like to see them in Smash since at least a year or two ago.

It actually boggles my mind that they were considered for Smash 64 and Melee, but had to be turned down due to "adult circumstances", while quite obviously translates to the buyout that happened to Rare in the Melee days.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Even without that leak from the Boys Scouts magazine. I fully expect Nintendo to show the next Animal Crossing at E3 this year.

With New Leaf selling gangbusters, and the Switch being the perfect console for a game like Animal Crossing, it makes sense they want to show that as soon as possible.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Chrono Trigger? Fading into obscurity?

Ring ring.

Chrono Cross on line one for you. And it's pissed.
I'm sorry, but Chrono Cross wasn't a Chrono Trigger sequel, at least not to me... (and unless I'm mistaken, which I could be, most of the fanbase agrees...)

It seems like it's a good stand-alone game (I never finished because the magic system was sooooo confusing), but it wasn't a Chrono Trigger sequel...
*knocks door over*
DID SOMEONE SAY "CHRONO TRIGGER"?

It's been such a long time, you know what CT? A goddamn sequel
Because we never had one before
NEVER.
I know...

I would eat that up faster than I eat my mother's rice pilaf... (Although I might actually not because I don't know if anything can really be as good as Chrono Trigger...especially if it isn't made by the Dream Team...)

Burruni

Smash Hero
Jesus.
I.....
I started a joke, and it got too real.
Started pointing out parallels between Jojo Part 3-5 and Persona 3-5.
So, Persona 6 will be.
Door-kun's daughter as protag (elizabeth plz)
Big bad is a lunatic of faith hoping to reset things to bring back an old foe of the series and their god.
Which is how Atlus re-writes Nyarly into the post p2 Persona world.

Chrono.

Jesus.
I.....
I started a joke, and it got too real.
Started pointing out parallels between Jojo Part 3-5 and Persona 3-5.
So, Persona 6 will be.
Door-kun's daughter as protag (elizabeth plz)
Big bad is a lunatic of faith hoping to reset things to bring back an old foe of the series and their god.
Which is how Atlus re-writes Nyarly into the post p2 Persona world.
Given Hashino won't be involved in P6 I wonder how a post P3-5 world would be like.

For all we know we could be getting another soft reboot.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Apparently Injustice 2 has a projectile problem.

Thoughts?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Lucky! I haven't gotten skins or dance emotes so far. I have got some voice lines though, which can be fun. There's something pretty good ones in this update and I always like seeing what ones get added.
I got all the best stuff, except the Genji Sentai skin I had to use some of the gold I'm saving for Doomfist for it.

Chrono.

Thoughts?
Sounds like prime ScrubQuotesX material.

In all seriousness, NRS are usually quick to patch (sometimes to a fault). If there's a problem at all they could probably fix it.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm sorry, but Chrono Cross wasn't a Chrono Trigger sequel, at least not to me... (and unless I'm mistaken, which I could be, most of the fanbase agrees...)

It seems like it's a good stand-alone game (I never finished because the magic system was sooooo confusing), but it wasn't a Chrono Trigger sequel...
Eh. I thought it was fine, and I've heard mixed reports on the fanbase over time - sounds polarizing more than alienating, unless you ask the Shoe - but I ain't looking to debate Cross or its worthy successor status tonight.

Point was that accusing Chrono Trigger of becoming obscure is kind of absurd. Was going for by comparison, but really, just in general. It's even directly in the public consciousness again after hitting two top-100-RPG-of-all-time lists in the last month (Game Informer at #3, IGN at #1).

Hell, it's not even obscured by merit of availability. Sure, it was originally ported to mobile in the way, way back years of 2011 and 2012, but it's still there, meaning you can buy it right now on a platform you probably have in your pocket. Here's the Android link; It's on iOS as well if you're the Apple type.

Also what's confusing about the magic system? It's basically Materia and Rock-Paper-Scissors Elements having a baby who really loves chain attacks, it really ain't that complicated.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Thoughts?
I know this mostly pertains to Deadshot.

The game hasn't been out for even a month yet. I would say give it time, at least until after EVO. What could be bad to deal with now, can very well be figured out with some patience. I know Injustice has a huger casual audience than most fighters, so NRS might not have the luxury of this, unfortunately. I've seen Flash players take down Deadshots once they go in. Grodd's trait lets him bypass projectiles, and he has a huge leap attack. Supergirl and Darksied can teleport.

I'm trying to follow the game until I get actually get it, so my observations are unfortunately just spectating. But this very way of thinking to patch so soon is what caused Deathstroke in the first game to be left for dead by a lot of players. Who went to other Zoners like Raven and Superman, who was damn near good at everything.

Really, Deadshot is a small piece of a larger problem, the Injustice games have very large screen space, allowing for Zoning and Keep-away to be more effective. The playstyle itself isn't bad though. Look at Glacious in KI. And even Black Adam's Zoning looks cool.

If you did have to nerf something, it would a cast wide type of nerf, reducing the amount of meter that projectiles give the player while firing. They also give a decent amount of meter when they are blocked. So combining these two gives the Zoner a lot of meter very quickly while chipping the opponent down.

Again, it shouldn't be done right away, as the game JUST came out, but it has some elements that can hinder the experience for newer and casual fighting game fans.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It's been years since I've last read a good troll fic and this one is beautiful.

Forget Shrek, Lovenado is the true life this world needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom