• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
There you go.

Actually, ghoul/undead zombies are more accurate to actual zombies, as in folklore they're revived through necromancy. The virus modern virus zombies are the over-saturated and overused ones nowadays.

Zombies are only cool if they're under command of something such as a sorcerer or vampire. *coughJoJocough*
The virus zombies are the ones I'm talking about that are overrated. The ones I want more of are the Haitian/Voodoo based zombies. You know, zombies that can be more than walking ankle biters.
Also, that picture is awesome.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Lets.....just stop. It's starting to get tense, so stop before the tension rises too far.

Change the subject, like let's talk about how "Zombies" are the most overrated thing in media, that media can use less of them and how they technically aren't even "Zombies" and are more akin to ghouls and other undead than they are to zombies.
I don't really particularly like the sight of half-rotted dead, so I don't generally bother watching that stuff. Watched iZombie for a bit because at least it wasn't a zombie apocalypse and they weren't really rotting, but at some point I just decided I wasn't in the mood.

There's often a weird mix of convoluted "scientific" excuses for how being a zombie would work with things that just flat out can't happen without either magic or reality warping. So many of them want to have their cake and bite it too.

Like, robots would be better for a realistic thing (and heck, they can do way more!).

Of course, with that. . .if any of those are anything other than human actors playing the role of robots, the designs brought out in the open usually show a fundamental misunderstanding of what any businessperson would actually put out onto the market. Uncanny valley and exposed wires is spooky I guess, but it's also both extremely bad from a marketing perspective and a safety hazard. Actual non-humanoid domestic robots may miss the mark at times, but usually they're more bubbly and cutesy with soft edges. Combat robots are allowed to be rough and unfriendly looking, but even those won't have visible wires and overly thin, easily snapped off parts because any idiot could damage those and stop the thing.

D

Deleted member

>Store won't get Evhoes until at least next week
I think I'm just gonna give up on that physical copy
You say that, yet don't acknowledge that they have feathers.
BUT THAG'S EXACTLY THE KIND OF MISREPRESENTATION I'M TALKING ABOUT

D

Deleted member

But Hollywood tends to be either Christian or secular, so I doubt we'll see that.
It's not so much that, fiction is fiction. It's more so that APPEARING realistic is very important to moviegoers nowadays, especially for action movies for some reason.(Despite the fact that blockblosters are never realistic.) And that hollywood(and most big producers in general) like to stick to a formula, realistic virus zombies have been a huge money maker so in their mind they have little reason to sway away from that formula until it stops making money.

The virus zombies are the ones I'm talking about that are overrated. The ones I want more of are the Haitian/Voodoo based zombies. You know, zombies that can be more than walking ankle biters.
Also, that picture is awesome.
Ah, I just misread your post then. In that case we agree.

BUT THAG'S EXACTLY THE KIND OF MISREPRESENTATION I'M TALKING ABOUT

Raptors are fabulous, deal with it. You're just jealous because you don't have a feather coat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's not so much that, fiction is fiction. It's more so that APPEARING realistic is very important to moviegoers nowadays, especially for action movies for some reason.(Despite the fact that blockblosters are never realistic.) And that hollywood(and most big producers in general) like to stick to a formula, realistic virus zombies have been a huge money maker so in their mind they have little reason to sway away from that formula until it stops making money.

Ah, I just misread your post then. In that case we agree.

Raptors are fabulous, deal with it. You're just jealous because you don't have a feather coat.
I find a certain irony in the fact that people crave realism when it's rarely actually realistic.

I mean, I GUESS someone could bioengineer something similar. Mammals are too biologically inflexible for me to picture something ticking EVERY box in nature, that's more an insect/fish/amphibian type thing to suffer from that kind of sheer train wreck. But the only reason to bioengineer that is if you're. . .really a fan of zombie movies.

You know what? I just came up with the next blockbuster. A mind altering disease created by the government that makes people COMPLACENT. Because if you're going to mess with people's heads, have an actual (awful) reason to other than LOL why not. A zombie virus to the extent shown in movies with the rotting and the specific behaviors is not something that just happens by accident.

If somebody, say, messes up a drug trial, you're probably just gonna die horribly of poisoning or deformities. I highly doubt that would actually be contagious unless people started bioengineering helper bacteria in order to replace antibiotics. . .which is another interesting idea I never see discussed, actually. But I'd rather see that go WELL, because helper bacteria mutating into harmful ones and killing the population is a cliche before it's even been written. If it mutates oddly, do something quirky with it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That reminds me, I do have a raptor character(a cyborg). Should add feathers to his design, to make him more historically accurate. Also could really up his design style too. He feels a bit boring at the moment.

D

Deleted member

Looking pretty awesome, I can't wait.

And they didn't tamper with my husbando, BONUS ****ING POINTS

I love it when video game adaptations are actually good.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Looking pretty awesome, I can't wait.

And they didn't tamper with my husbando, BONUS ****ING POINTS

I love it when video game adaptations are actually good.
>Mainly 2D
>Characters doesn't look oversexualized
>Dat NES

This is hype.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Actually, fun fact about bacteria for a second here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photorhabdus_luminescens

This has to be one of the most video game things I've ever heard of that applies to real life.

Too bad human body temperature kills it and it only worked because of hypothermia, because I mean REALLY.

Look at it.

It's adorkable.
Lab work slipped my mind, those usually do have exposed wires and sharp edges because scientists just inventing the things right then and presumably not being consumers are likely expected to know what they're doing and not damage it, or at least know how to fix it if they do.

The giraffe definitely has the motions down for good cute fun.

D

Deleted member

Look at it.

It's adorkable.
That machine will be the end of us all, YOU JUST WATCH

You'll regret this when it's tearing out your organs out alive, that right there is a killing machine.

Was the second part meant to be a jab at Castlevania Judgement?
I'd say it's probably more so of a jab at the erotic pachinko machine or whatever it was, I can't even remember right now because hype.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Was the second part meant to be a jab at Castlevania Judgement?
They're right; it was a jab to the Castlevania "Erotic Violence" Pachinko that Konami released a while ago.

I like to pretend Judgement doesn't exist. :v

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Judgement did have a decent soundtrack and a fighting system, although it needed more work.

The redesigns are a mixed bag thanks to taking Death Note's artist under their head.

Then there's the subpar writing, like Not!Misa Amane's (Maria Renard) story.....

Anime cliches has no place in Castlevania.

D

Deleted member

I'm surprised no one posted the Castlevania Netflix trailer in the Simon Belmont support thread.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Judgement did have a decent soundtrack and a fighting system, although it needed more work.

The redesigns are a mixed bag thanks to taking Death Note's artist under their head.

Then there's the subpar writing, like Not!Misa Amane's (Maria Renard) story.....

"They're huge"

Just remembering that cutscene made me cringe alot.

I'm surprised no one posted the Castlevania Netflix trailer in the Simon Belmont support thread.
Probably to risk a warning for blood.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

The only cool design was Cornell. Shanoa made me cri, Death was a hardcore dentist... and of course we cannot forget Trevor Beltmont.

Music-wise I have all the OST on my computer.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I like to pretend Judgement doesn't exist. :v
Judgement had great music and a good concept. That being said, Harmony of Despair is what Judgment should've been. Considering that the Castlevania team is very good with 2D Castlevanias, Judgement should've been 2D as well as that is what the team was very good at.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The only cool design was Cornell. Shanoa made me cri, Death was a hardcore dentist... and of course we cannot forget Trevor Beltmont.

Music-wise I have all the OST on my computer.
Then there's Sypha.

Which heavily contradicts her gender ambiguous attire in III.

Or who can forget about Discount Ivy Valentine (Carmilla)?

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923

This has to be one of the most video game things I've ever heard of that applies to real life.

Too bad human body temperature kills it and it only worked because of hypothermia, because I mean REALLY.

Lab work slipped my mind, those usually do have exposed wires and sharp edges because scientists just inventing the things right then and presumably not being consumers are likely expected to know what they're doing and not damage it, or at least know how to fix it if they do.

How is that one of the most video game things you've heard of that applies to real life?

I don't see the connection to video games....

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

I know, right? Derpy long neck dog is gonna be a blast. If they ever sell them, I suppose.

Prototypes aren't consumer products though, so SpotMini doesn't really apply to your prior argument. I've just been itching to use the pics.

Also gonna stash that bioluminescent bit for future use, thank ye. And also thank ye for the endless string of jokes I can now make about the mcf gene.

That machine will be the end of us all, YOU JUST WATCH

You'll regret this when it's tearing out your organs out alive, that right there is a killing machine.

Uh huh.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Before I move on, I kind of need some input on where should I go next in my Smash polls. Since there are four third parties left out of the ones that contributed 1-2 characters in Smash already.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

It's simple, choose between these four companies (Capcom, Konami, Namco Bandai, or Square Enix).

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Before I move on, I kind of need some input on where should I go next in my Smash polls. Since there are four third parties left out of the ones that contributed 1-2 characters in Smash already.

It's simple, choose between these four companies (Capcom, Konami, Namco Bandai, or Square Enix).
EA

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923

Konami...

I miss Snake... :(

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
How is that one of the most video game things you've heard of that applies to real life?

I don't see the connection to video games....
It just sounds like something out of a video game to me.

It's the Civil War, you're wounded, cold, suddenly your wounds start glowing and begin healing faster. . .

D

Deleted member

Definitely Ubisoft so we can choose between the Mario Rabbids and the Far Cry 5 Red Necks. :p

Blame Le French

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Konami...

I miss Snake... :(
Except I've did at least four Metal Gear Solid polls in the past and Snake was in a cut veteran one.

Me choosing Konami means having to do Bomberman, Castlevania, Parodious, and so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom