• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
USF2 is getting some odd reviews.

They're all like "It's good, but it's not good."

All criticize the price, as they should.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Honestly DLC for Echoes seems misplaced.

IMO all of it should be story expansions or special dungeons with really cool extras, like maybe recruiting classic characters like Marth and Roy.

I know some of it is like that but IMO extra classes and grind maps don't add as much to this game as they may have in Fates, because grinding is already easy and most of the game isn't that challenging even on the hardest settings so you wouldn't need the super-special-awesome classes. Many of my characters are still on their base class (or the class I promoted them to from a Villager in those cases).

Stuff like that had more meaning in Fates because that game had a multiplayer mode plus the My Castle stuff which gave you more reason to go crazy with reclassing and what not. It also didn't really have any form of exploration. In Echoes, I actually really like how it's sort of laid out like an adventure game so you kinda have to explore the dungeons and settlements in order to get loads of cool stuff, but being able to just download even cooler stuff for no work is a bit off-putting IMO.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Quite honestly I'm just completely neutral to the whole Mario X Rabbids thing being real. Rabbids never bugged me, yet never interested me. There's only one thing I care for in regards to the crossover, and that's Yoshi with a laser-bazooka-thing. That's just priceless. :laugh:

:094:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever

Man I really want to get USF2 but I really don't want to put another $40 in the SFV funding machine.

D

Deleted member

More info on Overclasses, bless datamining.
Also, free Talisman and VF(so there are three of them in total, Archer run is now possible for all Act 1 males)
https://serenesforest.net/2017/05/24/echoes-japanese-series-3-dlc-now/
Dark Flier got screwed out the most, Celica only gets an useless spell(for her, at least) and Alm gets a little more Bow range
I like the Spartan skill, I missed FE8's Perfect Shield
Holy **** Female Mages get Death
Solomon with the summons and Titania with the two new spells seems like they got the best out of new abilities.
Tl;dr give your Boots to a Cavalier for glorious 11 Mov
Honestly DLC for Echoes seems misplaced.

IMO all of it should be story expansions or special dungeons with really cool extras, like maybe recruiting classic characters like Marth and Roy.

I know some of it is like that but IMO extra classes and grind maps don't add as much to this game as they may have in Fates, because grinding is already easy and most of the game isn't that challenging even on the hardest settings so you wouldn't need the super-special-awesome classes. Many of my characters are still on their base class (or the class I promoted them to from a Villager in those cases).

Stuff like that had more meaning in Fates because that game had a multiplayer mode plus the My Castle stuff which gave you more reason to go crazy with reclassing and what not. It also didn't really have any form of exploration. In Echoes, I actually really like how it's sort of laid out like an adventure game so you kinda have to explore the dungeons and settlements in order to get loads of cool stuff, but being able to just download even cooler stuff for no work is a bit off-putting IMO.
It already does that though
Just today Japan got the Deliverance Prologue maps and there's the Cipher DLC which will most likely have the Cipher characters recruitable

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
More info on Overclasses, bless datamining.
Also, free Talisman and VF(so there are three of them in total, Archer run is now possible for all Act 1 males)
https://serenesforest.net/2017/05/24/echoes-japanese-series-3-dlc-now/
Dark Flier got screwed out the most, Celica only gets an useless spell(for her, at least) and Alm gets a little more Bow range
I like the Spartan skill, I missed FE8's Perfect Shield
Holy **** Female Mages get Death
Solomon with the summons and Titania with the two new spells seems like they got the best out of new abilities.
Tl;dr give your Boots to a Cavalier for glorious 11 Mov

It already does that though
Just today Japan got the Deliverance Prologue maps and there's the Cipher DLC which will most likely have the Cipher characters recruitable

I know, but I meant all of the packs should have been like that. Not just one of each type.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

USF2 seems like a neat little game but the price tag is definitely too high for what's being offered upfront. Besides you play ST with great online for free with fightcade. There's not much reason to spend this kind of money if you want that SFII action.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Only two votes...

It's like no one trusts me with an Valkyria Azure Revolution spoilers after the Peach Rabbid bomb dropped yesterday.

And I haven't seen anything about the game online yet....

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I really need to post my D3 classes here sometime. Especially my Wizard and Demon Hunter. After transmogs, they are looking good.

D

Deleted member

I know, but I meant all of the packs should have been like that. Not just one of each type.
It's not like Awakening and Fates didn't do the same
I'm not trying to say we need TWO sets of grinding DLC but or the lack of an actual map or Dungeon for the Overclasses but the first DLC packs have always been like this
I'm pretty sure we'll get more than 5 Waves, considering how it's all neing released on the first month and one in June so I say wait until all has been released to judge it fairly.
Yeah, the Season Pass will always be bull**** but we can't tell if this DLC will have been all wasted until they are done with it
Oh, that explains the lack of green and grass in most Western games. :smirk:
This lack of representation offends me
We need more gay games like Nintendo does
Have you SEEN Zelda? There's gay everywhere in it!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
GUYS! MARIO + RABBIDS WAS A THING SINCE 2007 (seriously):

Source: Nintendo Power- Volume 217 (July 2007)

Good thing I kept my collection of Nintendo Power magazines. :)

EDIT: Higher quality scan

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Tried to beat the swamp map at the start of Act 4 with Celica but god damn this a a long and tedious one and I have to go to my sister's graduation mass now.

Managed to get rid of the two Snipers and the Dread Fighter though so I guess the worst of it is over.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
GUYS! MARIO + RABBIDS WAS A THING SINCE 2007 (seriously):

Source: Nintendo Power- Volume 217 (July 2007)

Good thing I kept my collection of Nintendo Power magazines. :)

EDIT: Higher quality scan
"Best selling third party title on the Wii?"

I know this was only a year in, but honestly that goes a bit further explaining things. It's not like there isn't a market for these games.

Since that market clearly isn't core gamers judging by the disturbed reactions from the core crowd, I wonder if it's the same kind of people that just buy Mario and shovelware and not much else. It'd go a long way to explain the crossover choice, there has to be a ton of overlap thinking on it.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I don't think anyone cares about Rabbids anymore though. Minions+Mario crossover could sell. Also if I think about that idea for more than a few seconds at a time I'm pretty sure I'll have a stroke.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So here's my Demon Hunter. I'll post the Wizard later. Putting the pic in spoilers cause its kinda big. Also I had to use a potato to get a picture of it so the quality isn't great.
IMG_20170524_125510.jpg
In case you're wondering- the red teddy bear Pet is called Overseer Lady Josephine. I thought it fit the color scene of my armor well.

Chrono.

USF2 seems like a neat little game but the price tag is definitely too high for what's being offered upfront. Besides you play ST with great online for free with fightcade. There's not much reason to spend this kind of money if you want that SFII action.
Dat Violent Ken doe.

D

Deleted member

Reminder that there's gay in your backyard

Grass is part of gay culture

I just hope we get a challenge DLC or otherwise its only use is for Ch.6
Sure, their gimmicks are fun but you won't see them for most of the game
I'd like additional classes better, Fates had a lot of replay value not only because of reclasses but also thanks to the DLC ones.

Oh... Sorry for saying that your ass is grass then.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't think anyone cares about Rabbids anymore though. Minions+Mario crossover could sell. Also if I think about that idea for more than a few seconds at a time I'm pretty sure I'll have a stroke.
Come on, chin up, stand tall. The more strokes we have now the less we'll have at E3.

upload_2017-5-24_14-16-40.jpeg

Chrono.

Far Cry 5 got revealed and the jokes are starting.
Also apparently the antagonists of the game are Christian Extremists.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
that would explain the The Last Supper set up

Ivander

Smash Legend
For those working on the OW Anniversary, someone made a checklist for the items.
Maybe at the end of the event, we can show off our checklists on what we got.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Man I really want to get USF2 but I really don't want to put another $40 in the SFV funding machine.
Sometimes I feel so weird for liking Street Fighter V.

That sounds kind of boring.

It's a trope done so many times, its stale.

And I don't trust the Far Cry writers enough to make something nice out of that idea.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The small amount of votes I've received was expected. People are clearly trying to avoid any form of spoilers for Valkyria Azure Revolution. Brunhilde won, which shows that trend that Valkyrians are just that popular in the series. The main character Amleth gotten one vote over Ophelia and Maxim however.

Next up is Sega's long running series about the one and only Yakuza in Japan. Given all the crazy feats and characters we have, these guys have enough differences to set each other apart. Your choices are Kazuma Kiryu, Goro Majima, Taega Saejima, and Jo Amon.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The end is near. And I might have some of you choose which their party company I should go to next. Square, Namco, Konami, or Capcom.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sucks loving something that is pretty much robbing you, doesn't it? It's like ****ing Stockholm syndrome when you like SFV.
Well, damn, as if Christian's weren't getting **** on enough. I'm gonna go ahead and guess this also takes place in the American South. So, basically what they're saying is since I'm a Christian and I live in the south I must be ****ing evil. Hey, thanks Ubi!

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

And I don't trust the Far Cry writers enough to make something nice out of that idea.
Has it? Seems more like something that pops up every now and again, but it's nowhere near as much as Russians, Nazis, Brown people and other minorities. I don't trust the Far Cry writers to do anything amazing with it, but if anything the premise is a breath of fresh air (plus I get to laugh at all the troglodytes from /pol/ and r/the_donald).

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sucks loving something that is pretty much robbing you, doesn't it? It's like ****ing Stockholm syndrome when you like SFV.
I haven't payed for DLC though.

So I have not been robbed yet.

YES.

Are you telling me the "racist redneck Christian south" isn't a trope we've seen hundreds of times before?

but it's nowhere near as much as Russians, Nazis, Brown people and other minorities.
Its up there.

(plus I get to laugh at all the troglodytes from /pol/ and r/the_donald).
Starting to think you want this just to sprite assholes as opposed to actually being a breath of fresh air.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Name one FPS where the enemies were Christian extremists, let alone multiple to the point of it being an overdone trope.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Name one FPS where the enemies were Christian extremists, let alone multiple to the point of it being an overdone trope.
I wasn't talking about FPS in particular.

I meant in general.

Regardless...

To clarify, I'm not saying we shouldn't bash Christian Extremists, but it is a trope done all the time.

And unlike BI, I don't have faith in the FC team to make it new and interesting.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I haven't payed for DLC though.

So I have not been robbed yet.

YES.

Are you telling me the "racist redneck Christian south" isn't a trope we've seen hundreds of times before?
Only as a joke, minor sub-plot or a historical piece. Rarely do we actually get something set in modern day times where the main antagonist is "Extremist Christians." And when we do, it's always some White Savior story about how not all white people are racists and that minorities need white people to combat racism. The last game I could think of that sorta explored it was Bioshock Infinite, where it was both a "historical piece" and a minor sub-plot.

edit: Oh wow, posted, and look, Bioshock Infinite.

Its up there.
Not at all. However, when it does, it always stirs controversy.

Starting to think you want this just to sprite ******** as opposed to actually being a breath of fresh air.
Nah, it is a breath of fresh air, it just also comes with extras

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom