• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I once knew someone who "spammed" the Pingas meme in real life by saying it frequently.
I have a friend that does that. Also says "21" frequently and well, numerous other memes but pingas and 21 are their favourites.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Today I have learned many things.

For example, did you know that bumping BotanicSage speeds you up in 150cc?

It's true.

Ironically, Baby Got DLC isn't as effective.

Secret shoutouts to Banana Cup, Shell Cup, and Leaf Cup. Which can all blow me.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

It's true.

You clearing 150cc?

After several weeks of on and off effort and my current play time for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe being logged at 60 hours or more (includes a fair bit of local and online multiplayer too, though, not sure exactly how much), I have ONE cup left I need to finish.

Then the next step would be to do it over again in Mirror. . .

. . .You know what, on second thought let's not think about that right now. How's Disgaea 5 doing? Looks like it'll arrive today? Alright, good. :4megaman:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got her down to one HP without that skill. Get on my level, scrubs. :p
Same.

I had Silque tank hits from her until her HP was too low to cast magic.

Then she tried to go to the supplies square to the right, but I had Clair fly over and sit on it and then she just stood around like a doofus.

Opossum's method is more practical since if I did that, Clair would have been available to help me take down Jeddah which would have made that part just a bit easier, but I think having her sit in front of Delthea on the supplies space is much funnier. :p

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You clearing 150cc?

After several weeks of on and off effort and my current play time for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe being logged at 60 hours or more (includes a fair bit of local and online multiplayer too, though, not sure exactly how much), I have ONE cup left I need to finish.

Then the next step would be to do it over again in Mirror. . .

. . .You know what, on second thought let's not think about that right now. How's Disgaea 5 doing? Looks like it'll arrive today? Alright, good. :4megaman:
Aye, slowly but surely.

I'd like to play some of the people here - yourself included - but MK8D is the first Mario Kart title I've owned and played for any length of time. So before I got around to playing people in Mario Kart, I figured I'd work on not sucking horribly at Mario Kart.

Besides the urge to spin on my heel and strangle whatever beloved-yet-at-the-moment-insufferable Nintendo character threw this blue shell roughly two to three times a race, I think it's been going pretty well. Three cups to go in 150cc. Mirror doesn't worry me much. 200cc fills me with dread because in my head is a little Gollum going what's brakes precious and so have I driven ever since.

I've mostly stayed out of online though - generally play out and about, sans connection - and playtime still stands at a measly 15-ish hours. Probably gonna get a rude awakening when I start running against other humans, but we'll cross that bridge later.

Disgaea sidenote, picked up the demo but still haven't fired it up. I know I want it, they don't really gotta convince me, so I've been busying myself with other things. Mostly waiting until I see a sale on it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Don't think anyone posted about it so I might as well be the one.

New event in FE Heroes.

Screenshot_20170524-121535.png

Mod Edit: Image is way too big. Please put large images in spoilers from now on, thank you.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Also, ran in to my first Great Terror in the Lost Woods Treescape. It's the same one that SF uses as an example, funnily enough.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Gah, super large image. Put in spoilers, please. >.<

Too tired to "mod hat".

Anyway, they did a week long marathon(that is, one episode per day) for a small bit on Pokemon Sun and Moon's anime. Probably to catch it up to a set of airings or something? I dunno. Am enjoying it a lot. Typical that Persian is still a bad guy in some way. XD

Mimikyu is interesting, and purposely creepy. Bewear is kind of funny.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
So what's the scoop here lately. Any E3 leaks and rumors to bust and discuss?

D

Deleted member

The Overclass DLC was just released in Japan
Can be considered spoilers but the thumbnail is safe
Good news: they actually have new stuff
A summary of what I can gather from this and SF
-Elephants(not actual elephants) get Bowrange +3 meaning they have 6 Range in total before considering any range-boosting Arts.
-Dark Fliers are back, prolly use a generic set
-Celica gets Aura for some reason
-Male Mages get Terror Summons
-Female Mages get enemy spells
-Spartans apparently have a skill called Big Shield
-Cavalier Overclass has 10 Mov
-Mercs have a new skill(dunno what it is)
-Saints get a spell to boost Res
-No idea about Alm

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

It's true.

I ****ing love BotanicSage

I listen To Get Royaly ****ed while racing
-Elephants(not actual elephants) get Bowrange +3 meaning they have 6 Range in total before considering any range-boosting Arts.
-No idea about Alm
And they said it was a waste to buy to overclass dlc. This looks pretty damn cool. I like the design of the elephant class tbh

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The video wasn't about Japanese/Asians but rather Asian-Americans who are generally erased from Western culture. Over in Asia, this erasure isn't an issue because the people are surrounded by Asian media made by Asians for Asians. Meanwhile, over in the West, more specifically the US, despite the sizeable Asian population, Asian-Americans rarely have any representation in our media and when they do it's stereotyped side-characters/extras.
Makes sense, I really hope that could change in the future.
I hope to god I get my goodies on E3 or else I'm gonna have a very serious to talk to Daddy Atlus that may-or-may-not end up with someone getting hurt

Hasn't RWBY Chibi existed since at least a year? Have I missed something or?

This is season 2 of RWBY Chibi.
So......Mei has the Haruhi dance and Pharah has a Rocket Launcher Guitar..... Also, Reaper has the Best "Dance". And.......
I forgot to talk about my recent lootbox recap.
My first Overwatch first anniversary legendary skin was Cyborg Soldier 76 skin.
Most skins are great, there were some skins I don't like though.
-D.Va's cruiser skin, I just really don't like her county vibe style... it's not my cup of tea.
-Mei's Bee keeper skin, I really just prefer her original snow sweater skins and her Luna and Chang e skin, this skin just makes me say:buzz off...
Nevertheless, Mei's dancing skin + in Luna or Chang e's skins is FRICKIN STYLISH and AMEIZING!
Oh sweet.

I think I'll try to play it then.

Anyone Overwatch players wanna give me a hand during that period?
Here, PM if you want add my Bnet ID.
And has anymore seen the new ARMS artwork?

Biff is in tears of joy whereas Mechanica is in tears of envious.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
> Playing Echoes
> Need to leave to do something
> Press Start to skip enemy phases to save time
> Finish map, none of my units die
> Save
> Get to next village
> Angry Man
> Immediately realize my mistake

I think I killed Zeke in one of those enemy phases. Damn. Oh well, RIP Zeke.
I am a horrid human being.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
> Playing Echoes
> Need to leave to do something
> Press Start to skip enemy phases to save time
> Finish map, none of my units die
> Save
> Get to next village
> Angry Man
> Immediately realize my mistake

I think I killed Zeke in one of those enemy phases. Damn. Oh well, RIP Zeke.
I am a horrid human being.
Did you fight Zeke and Jerome before going to Nuibaba's Manor? You're supposed to defeat Nuibaba before going to Zeke's map; once you defeat Nuibaba, you can rescue Zeke's lover, Tatiana, from the dungeon there. Then you deploy Tatiana on Zeke's map, and Zeke and his army automatically become green units at the start of the map.

Or if you did recruit and deploy Tatiana, she comes with Physic for a reason.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Which units are missable in Echoes? I'm still on Act 1
If you visit every village and fortress and talk to everyone there, you should be able to recruit everyone with no trouble. I think in Act 1, you're forced to recruit most units, except Kliff, Faye, Silque, Forsyth, and Python, but you have to at least interact with those characters just to proceed, so you may as well recruit them while you're at it.

The only unit you can outright miss is one of Deen and Sonya, since you're forced to fight and kill one of the two to proceed. Whoever you don't kill can be recruited after you defeat Grieth.
Nomah is also kind of easy to miss, if you don't take the time to look around every nook and cranny in the Temple of Mila; he's hidden away right at the back, at the end of a short dungeon area.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
If you visit every village and fortress and talk to everyone there, you should be able to recruit everyone with no trouble. I think in Act 1, you're forced to recruit most units, except Kliff, Faye, Silque, Forsyth, and Python, but you have to at least interact with those characters just to proceed, so you may as well recruit them while you're at it.

The only unit you can outright miss is one of Deen and Sonya, since you're forced to fight and kill one of the two to proceed. Whoever you don't kill can be recruited after you defeat Grieth.
Nomah is also kind of easy to miss, if you don't take the time to look around every nook and cranny in the Temple of Mila; he's hidden away right at the back, at the end of a short dungeon area.
Okay, thanks. What about act 2?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Did you fight Zeke and Jerome before going to Nuibaba's Manor? You're supposed to defeat Nuibaba before going to Zeke's map; once you defeat Nuibaba, you can rescue Zeke's lover, Tatiana, from the dungeon there. Then you deploy Tatiana on Zeke's map, and Zeke and his army automatically become green units at the start of the map.

Well that explains it.

I did it in reverse order. :p

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Okay, thanks. What about act 2?
You get Boey and Mae right at the start, and Genny is in the same area, so you just talk to her. In the next area, you're forced to recruit Saber in order to proceed. In a battle shortly after that, Valbar, Leon, and Kamui first appear as NPCs; you have to help them survive the battle, and then you can recruit them in the fortress after the battle ends.
For all the remaining acts, just talk to everyone you see in the villages and fortresses, and you should find everyone with no problems.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Alcicia fared too well in the last Valkyria Chronicles poll. Maxim, Imca, and Kurt stood no chance at all. Funny how both winners happen to share the same Valkyrian blood. It's as if it's more than a coincidence.

Next up is a poll based on the upcoming spinoff Valkyria Azure Revolution. Well, the game was already out in Japan for five months and it will be out in the West next month. I promise that there are no major spoilers, just what I know of the first few revealed characters years ago. Your choices are Amleth Glencaire (main male character), Ophelia Jutland (main female character), Brunhilde (the token Valkyrur), and Maxim (Not!Maximilian).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

and what exactly is Zekes map so I dont mess this up?

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not to mention that this confirms that their arms can be "normal" outside of battle. Dat lore!

Easily my favorite official art from the game.
Of course, we have already seen Spring Man in his normal arms a the past pics as well.
And this pic also fits the lore, I think ARMS' world is similar to My Hero Academia where there are some people will have special traits of having extendable arms.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
and what exactly is Zekes map so I dont mess this up?
At the start of Act 4, on Alm's route, the route splits between east and west. Zeke is on the west (he appears on the world map, anyway), so you should clear out the eastern route (Fear Mountain, Nuibaba's Abode) first before going for Zeke's map.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
-No idea about Alm

Looks nifty I guess, but I still don't think it's worth buying. A lot of this stuff seems mostly like overkill. But to each their own, I suppose.

D

Deleted member

Reminder that there's gay in your backyard
Grass is part of gay culture
I ****ing love BotanicSage

I listen To Get Royaly ****ed while racing

And they said it was a waste to buy to overclass dlc. This looks pretty damn cool. I like the design of the elephant class tbh
I just hope we get a challenge DLC or otherwise its only use is for Ch.6
Sure, their gimmicks are fun but you won't see them for most of the game
I'd like additional classes better, Fates had a lot of replay value not only because of reclasses but also thanks to the DLC ones.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
A smol story of why Aurane believes RNGods hates him:

"Oh. My Traveller's Pledge amulet needs a socket. No problem. I got twenty Death's Breath. Should get the roll on one of them."

*twenty rolls later, no socket*

Oh. So that's how you feel.

Well **** you too.

****ing idiot. :104:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom