• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I still don't have Echoes and I'm really in the mood for a FE game though I don't have anything to play that isn't Awakening and let's just say it's a moodkiller.
But I was also in the mood to play a FF game so I put 2 and 2 together and...
I hear good things about this game so I hope it can hold me until I get Echoes.
Has anyone here played it? And if so, anything I should know about it before starting?

This is like one of those Self-Demonstrating Articles from TV Tropes
Which I totally don't spend time on more than I should

Final Fantasy Tactics is a great game and I recommend any player who has played Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy to try it. That being said, if you like tons of extra stuff, especially vague stuff, then get War of the Lions, it's remake. It has a more medieval-like script, but it has 2 new classes, 2 new characters, new weapons and items, new sidequests, new scenes and battles with the secondary main character, and gives much more exposure to the important characters who join your party. In the original, once a main character joined you, that was pretty much their last scene with them. In War of the Lions, there are more scenes that happen with those characters if they are still with you.
That being said, War of the Lions is also known for having some of the WORST Loading times ever. And trust me, it lags alot during battle. But besides loading times, War of the Lions is definitely superior, unless you like derpy game scripts and want to see the derpy script of the original.

Also, a number of things...
-Keep Ladd/Rad, Alicia and Lavian. They may be generic units, but not only are they considered good units, but in WotL, Alicia and Lavian are needed for getting a really rare item and they can appear in a new scene alongside Agrias.
-Get the Treasure Hunter/Find Item ability from the Chemist class. Despite it's low usefulness in random battles, there are alot of places you will go to that you can't go back to when finished AND have very powerful items that can be found only with that ability. Trust me when I say that this ability will drive you more insane than finding the items on the sand missions in Fire Emblem.
-Random Battles will level up with you. Basically, you could do only the first 2 Maps and get to Level 99 before you reach the 2nd town area.
-KEEP ADDITIONAL FILES AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES, cause believe it or not, there are battles that require you to save before doing that battle that you can get stuck permanently because you are too low level and you can't beat that battle and that because you saved before doing the battle, you cannot go back to do some random battles to level up meaning you are stuck there forever. Believe me, there is a reason a certain character in that game is very known among FFT players as the Filekiller/Noobslayer.
-Have Ramza go straight to the Monk class. Ramza has high Brave in general and he will only get higher as the game goes on. Monk's strength is based on Brave and Brave makes Reaction Abilities activate more(about 2% for each point of Brave), so Ramza will be incredibly powerful early on if you get him straight to Monk from Knight from Squire.
-Be very weary of your characters' Brave and Faith. If your own Troops' Brave gets too low, they will potentially leave your party on their own after a battle ends. This will happen more often if they are literally a chicken at the end of the battle. Faith is another Big one. If your Troops' faith gets too high, they will potentially leave your party because "Too much Violence." But Faith also affects how much Magic will heal or damage them. Basically, higher faith means more healing, but more damage. Lower Faith means lower damage, but lower healing. Heck, at 0 Faith, a character can't be either damaged or healed by Magic.
-Cid is OP. Believe me, you will never get a character so OP in another game ever again once you get Cid. Cid is God of all OP characters.

Those are some of the things you will need to know. Either way, I recommend the game. Easily one of my favourite Final Fantasy games. I hope you have fun with it.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Oh we talking Power Rangers?

I think Dino Thunder and SPD were the ones I liked the most. They're also the ones I remember the most of.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How do I get to Tatarra. before my units **** up the girl?
Use Alm's Subdue skill with the Royal Sword on Delthea. She won't have enough HP to attack using her magic. Then just walk around her.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Business suit and ****
Ah.

Fair enough.

Is that like The Boss Baby but with a Pikachu?
God, I hope no-

Wait, does that mean I'd be voiced by Alec Baldwin?

Because that'd get me on board.

Or Robert De Niro. Or Danny DeVito. Or James Earl Jones. Or Morgan Freeman. Or Patrick Stewart. I could go on, I've got a list.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
God, I hope no-

Wait, does that mean I'd be voiced by Alec Baldwin?

Because that'd get me on board.

Or Robert De Niro. Or Danny DeVito. Or James Earl Jones. Or Morgan Freeman. Or Patrick Stewart. I could go on, I've got a list.
Is Keith David on that list?

Because he's number one on mine.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So I'm playing BotW again and am turning off the Champion Powers as well as focusing on Stamina over hearts and it sure makes the game more difficult as well as fun in my opinion.

I sure relied on Mipha's Grace in my first play through.

D

Deleted member

Nah, nothing beats Marth Vader and The Incredible Sulk.

Bonus points if people guess where I got the jokes from.
I've seen a few images of Shulk's face Photoshopped onto Little Mac Hulk with the text "The Incredible Shulk", but Marth Vader...

*Googles*
I might have seen this image once or twice before while looking up Marth images. (When I first joined Smashboards, I was that guy with the Marth avatar.)

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I finally have a job. A full time IT job.

S A L A R Y M A N • B O I S

Seriously though, I'm really happy.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've seen a few images of Shulk's face Photoshopped onto Little Mac Hulk, but Marth Vader...

*Googles*

I might have seen this image once or twice before while looking up Marth images. (When I first joined Smashboards, I was that guy with the Marth avatar.)
Sulk, not Shulk. No H.

Either way, neither is correct for what I was directly referencing. But yeah, the Marth Vader joke has likely been done well before I saw the joke.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just found a legendary dagger in Diablo III called the horadric hamburger.

It's literally a hamburger. No hilt, no blade, no nothing. Just a ****ing hamburger.

Where has this been all my life?

Brb serving Diablo a quarter pounder.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Clearly Aetheri did too. But yeah, Sulk like crying.

Well, they were both jokes from two webcomics. One being a SSB webcomic, the other being 8-Bit Theatre.
I'm disappointed it wasn't...

Smash puns are always fun!
Mozilla Fiyah:4fox:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I just found a legendary dagger in Diablo III called the horadric hamburger.

It's literally a hamburger. No hilt, no blade, no nothing. Just a ****ing hamburger.

Where has this been all my life?

Brb serving Diablo a quarter pounder.
Dammit, man, now I want a burger.

Where the hell am I going to get a decent burger at 1 AM.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
probably what his username is
Sure, but you'd be surprised how unspecific engineer is.

Especially in IT, which is basically "all that newfangled technical **** that management wants to print money but doesn't want to learn how to use" unless your company is focused on it somehow.

I wanna know what FalKoopa FalKoopa 's working with.

how about you forget burgers and get some of that good 1 AM Taco Bell?

And give me a 5 doller box and Ill kiss you then proceed to not share my food
Sorry Pumpkaboo, the craving is too strong.

Also, had Taco Bell yesterday.

Rain check though.

You could probably also bribe Silvera Silvera , it looks like.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Count me in too, I haven't had Taco Bell in forever.
Ive been craving taco bell all month like crazy. I miss their hard shell tacos:053:
Sure, but you'd be surprised how unspecific engineer is.

Especially in IT, which is basically "all that newfangled technical **** that management wants to print money but doesn't want to learn how to use" unless your company is focused on it somehow.

I wanna know what FalKoopa FalKoopa 's working with.
**** bro, you right:079:

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
**** bro, you right:079:
Eh.

Statistically I gotta get some of em.

Do they still have volcano tacos?
Pretty sure they're gone - Fiery Doritos Locos Tacos seems to have taken their place - but I've honestly never asked.

Next time I'm up there I'll check.

Software Engineer.

(I actually studied Mechanical Engineering. This was an escape route as I really didn't like Mechanical.)
Mechanical looks fun as a hobby. Probably a pain as a career.

Grats on Software though, still wish I'd managed to get in that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom