• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I dunno what's going on or if this has been mentioned but one of those pieces of art spells the word personalities wrong.

Also I can't see Ninty signing off on calling Peach a badass.
Even if this error is present and it's unusual to be calling Peach that for an all ages video game series, that won't change the fact the game is real.

Honestly, my best bet is that these were probably slides shown to executives at Ubisoft and Nintendo and somebody messed up with the spelling at some point. Is it even that common for promotional slides or images to be spelled incorrectly if its meant to be made by professionals?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, so about that confirmation about the Mario and Rabbids game... did anyone really ask for this game? I certainly didn't.

Why didn't they do Mario and Rayman instead? That would of worked so well due to how wacky and goofy their universes are. Unless Rayman makes a cameo or actually becomes a playable character in this game, then I'm afraid we may not see him at all...

The only way I might have interest in this game is if it's a classic RPG in a similar vein to the Mario and Luigi series of RPG's. But I am not so sure about that, especially when we have to have to pair up with a group of insane rabbits that may never stop screaming in the game itself... just why again? If we're lucky enough, maybe they'll be an option to turn off the Rabbids screams. >_<
Blame Le French. And the Japanese.... And the Italians...

Also, the only thing I have to say about the game is "An Epic Roster: 8 Playable characters With Their own Playstyle" Soooo 5 playable characters(I mean, 4/8 are just Rabbids in different costumes obviously) is an epic roster? Beautiful.

(Unless each Rabbid actually is different, but I'd rather whine than consider any possibilities.)

But TBH I'd probably enjoy this game more than most other modern games just because it actually has local multiplayer...

:p

Also
>Kick-ass/badass princess

wut

The text is weird and some of it kinda confuses me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I dunno what's going on or if this has been mentioned but one of those pieces of art spells the word personalities wrong.

Also I can't see Ninty signing off on calling Peach a badass.
I saw a comment on NeoGAF or something saying it might be stuff just meant to be passed around internally and not actual marketing?

I can definitely see it being a first draft paper done by a bunch of French people with English as a second language that hasn't quite gone through the editing and "this language isn't quite OK for the American target audience" phase.

Although now I'm remembering the time someone took a legit Smash Bros leak and edited it to be spelled wrong to try to disprove it, LOL. Not the same thing at all, but that was a ridiculous time back then.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, apologies for the hyperbole. Any major video game company who asks and has the cash to back it up. I'm aware there's a ton of internet tension over them not letting literally ANYONE have their IPs. Really, it's not even new, it's just ramped up really hard this gen. Nintendo's let crossovers that don't make any darn sense happen for a long time.

Nintendo accepting this game comes off as a sign to me that they're revamping how their company works. Part of that is handing off IPs to other companies when they wouldn't be OK with that in the past. Considering I think licensing is part of their stated project to have more avenues for cash, that probably shows a sign of it as well. Things like costume loaning and project like Hyrule Warriors and #FE were decent attempts to dip their toes in the water. Since people keep hammering them about how few games they release, this just seems like the obvious cannonball to follow. Have they rejected any of those crossovers super recently?

Mario's crossover with Sonic is at the OLYMPICS. Mario carrying Bowser in a beautiful ice skating display. Luigi and his beautiful ribbon twirling. The bar for maintaining dignity is not high, especially when you factor in what most of the internet thinks of Sonic.

It doesn't cost Nintendo very many resources for it to happen and the Mario IP will maintain it's integrity in the eyes of the general public whether it happens or not. The only thing this crossover is harming is the brain cells of members of the core gaming community, and that's mostly self-inflicted.
No, Nintendo is protective of their IPs, period. They refused a warrior princess Peach being in Skylanders on the basis it would be a misinterpretation and misrepresentation of the character (which is why it's weird that they're OK with this). And god knows how many other examples across the board. You might be right in that they are trying to loosen up a little, but Nintendo being open with their IPs, especially Mario, is definitely not something they are known for and I don't know where one would draw such a conclusion from.

And honestly I don't know why you try to paint the Olympics as over the top hilarious. The examples you mentioned are mildly amusing but hardly anything that would warp the perception of characters in the long run. Hell, Luigi and Mario already do twirls and what not for their victory animations in various games. And the Olympics crossover idea is not weird because Mario and Sonic are both franchises associated with athletic feats (Mario jumps high, Sonic runs fast, etc). People complain about the fact that the Olympics are ALL we have for a Mario and Sonic crossover game, not necessarily that the idea itself is far-fetched (also even fans of those games like myself think they're on a downward spiral in terms of content and quality which is a different issue entirely).

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Blame Le French. And the Japanese.... And the Italians...

Also, the only thing I have to say about the game is "An Epic Roster: 8 Playable characters With Their own Playstyle" Soooo 5 playable characters(I mean, 4/8 are just Rabbids in different costumes obviously) is an epic roster? Beautiful.

(Unless each Rabbid actually is different, but I'd rather whine than consider any possibilities.)

But TBH I'd probably enjoy this game more than most other modern games just because it actually has local multiplayer...

:p
I suppose I could blame those 3...? I'm honestly not sure. >_<

Even if these 4 playable Rabbids have different abilities and weapons depending on their costume, I still don't think having a roster where you have 4 generic creatures of the same species is exactly that "epic". Now if you had Wario, Daisy, Waluigi, and Rayman as the other playable characters in place of them, however...

I'll wait for gameplay before I truly judge the game for myself. Just as long as it doesn't eat up too much presentation time at E3, as I will get annoyed if it does...

Last edited:

★ARKZ AGES★

Smash Cadet
NNID
ARKZ_AGES
There might be some kind of promise to this whole thing, but I find it odd that it's the Rabbids. Maybe this is why they up and disappeared after the game that came out on Wii U's launch? I'm hesitant to admit I'm partially intrigued.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I still don't have Echoes and I'm really in the mood for a FE game though I don't have anything to play that isn't Awakening and let's just say it's a moodkiller.
But I was also in the mood to play a FF game so I put 2 and 2 together and...
I hear good things about this game so I hope it can hold me until I get Echoes.
Has anyone here played it? And if so, anything I should know about it before starting?
clearly the slides have typis because i wrote it.
This is like one of those Self-Demonstrating Articles from TV Tropes
Which I totally don't spend time on more than I should

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The good news is, this is probably the announcement at E3 that would normally get the most backlash and drag the entire show down with it, so the fact that it's been leaked several times now should hopefully give people the time to get used to it and watch for other announcements.

Who knows, with it apparently coming out so soon after E3, maybe there's other games for this year hiding.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
clearly the slides have typis because i wrote it. :troll:

nah it's probably because it was written by someone who speaks french better than english
The irony that you still typo'd typos...:p

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
The good news is, this is probably the announcement at E3 that would normally get the most backlash and drag the entire show down with it, so the fact that it's been leaked several times now should hopefully give people the time to get used to it and watch for other announcements.

Who knows, with it apparently coming out so soon after E3, maybe there's other games for this year hiding.
I really want to hope you're right; as I said before, I do not want this game draining a ton of time out of the Nintendo Spotlight now that we know it exists. 5 minutes is all I'm betting that will be showed of it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I believed this game existed, I didn't **** on those with the opposite opinion, and there's no point in gloating now really. I've been wrong about a bunch of stuff too.

That said I have no interest in it and instead of bemoaning its existence I'm just not going to pick it up. I don't hate it, it just has very little that appeals to me.

Also Peach looks weird.

Also also Rabbid Peach is trying too hard. #SASSY #NOFILTER

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
After all this hare raising controversy, I forgot to share the Valkyria Chronicles poll here.

Your choices are Avan, Welkin, Selvaria, and Riela. That's two Galian soldiers and two Valkyrian women. Vote while it's still fresh.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
After all this hare raising controversy, I forgot to share the Valkyria Chronicles poll here.

Your choices are Avan, Welkin, Selvaria, and Riela. That's two Galian soldiers and two Valkyrian women. Vote while it's still fresh.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Where the heck is Alicia? She's really important to the first game.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Where the heck is Alicia? She's really important to the first game.

Which is why I plan on doing another one tonight with Alicia and a few others.

Didn't want it to be all about the first game and ignore the two sequels.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I believed this game existed, I didn't **** on those with the opposite opinion, and there's no point in gloating now really. I've been wrong about a bunch of stuff too.

That said I have no interest in it and instead of bemoaning its existence I'm just not going to pick it up. I don't hate it, it just has very little that appeals to me.
Meh; I think my dislike of the Rabbids got the best of me today and that's probably why I basically questioned the game the split second I saw the official front cover. It just doesn't seem to work for me at all and my viewpoints will remain that way.

I honestly feel the same way if we disregard my insanity from earlier; the Rabbids are aimed at a younger demographic (which apparently includes those younger audiences who love screaming) and I am obviously not part of that demographic.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
*realizes the Genji skin is ACTUALLY called Sentai*
BULL. BUUUUUUUUUUUULL
Genji's lore is more fitting of a Kamen Rider, Sentai doesn't have cyborgs and **** whereas Kamen Riders were almost exclusively cyborgs for about 30 years
The design has no spandex, but rather armour which is shaped like traditional Kamen Rider body armour
Sentai means squad, and as Super Sentai have a specific theme, Genji being the only ninja makes the shout out fall rather flat
T H I S A N N O Y S M E T O N O E N D
And it's limited time? There goes any chance of me ever touching it

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I really want to hope you're right; as I said before, I do not want this game draining a ton of time out of the Nintendo Spotlight now that we know it exists. 5 minutes is all I'm betting that will be showed of it.
If I'm anticipating anything to be a spotlight hog, it's probably going to be Odyssey.

Now, whether or not it's leaked has absolutely no bearing on how much time it's supposed to be assigned, especially since it's in Ubisoft's mission statement to win gamers over on this, but with the number of other games needing to be covered five minutes is probably about right. Keep in mind they've only shown a trailer's worth each out of Xenoblade 2 and FE Warriors, Splatoon's still a month out, Zelda DLC is probably being covered, the first batch of new ARMS content is probably being announced. . .

Good news for you is that the LKD leak that included Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle also included the Smash 4 port.

Oh boy Oh boy, I cant wait
After E3 2015 I don't expect anyone to have any basic concept of sanity. Think of how much people are flipping out now and magnify that by the insane predictions and hopes people tend to have for E3.

There would be Switches out windows if the raging ball of temper that is the Nintendo community didn't have time to chill out.

People will still grumble because they can't handle things this far outside the box, but at least now it won't be a tantrum volcano in three weeks. That's a grace.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't know why but my Clair suddenly destroys Paladins (even without support boosts, but I know she has them here).

WVW69kWAjNgrXsjkt4.jpg

Guess Alm's Lance is a big help for her.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also the music for this map is beautiful.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay, but why is the Rabbid playing Peach so......vapid?

Hopefully there's some comedy there to play with real Peach, because I don't really think of Peach as being vapid and self centered.

D

Deleted member

Hopefully there's some comedy there to play with real Peach, because I don't really think of Peach as being vapid and self centered.
To be fair, the rabids don't have the personalities of the characters they're dressed up as from what I can tell.

With that being said though, vapid probably fits Peach better than badass or kickass TBH. From how her character is usually presented anyway.

Actually the more I think about, Peach is pretty vapid.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Because Peach is an actual princess with royal responsibilities and the Rabbid is just a lower than average intelligence individual who wants to dress up in a costume of one?

I have no idea if they'd actually roll with that, but I know I have completely different mental images of someone who's actually royal and someone who wants to be treated like a princess.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
If I'm anticipating anything to be a spotlight hog, it's probably going to be Odyssey.

Now, whether or not it's leaked has absolutely no bearing on how much time it's supposed to be assigned, especially since it's in Ubisoft's mission statement to win gamers over on this, but with the number of other games needing to be covered five minutes is probably about right. Keep in mind they've only shown a trailer's worth each out of Xenoblade 2 and FE Warriors, Splatoon's still a month out, Zelda DLC is probably being covered, the first batch of new ARMS content is probably being announced. . .

Good news for you is that the LKD leak that included Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle also included the Smash 4 port.
You make a pretty good point; I don't mind seeing gameplay of Odyssey just as long as they have time to announce other new games (Donkey Kong, Metroid, and Animal Crossing come to mind alongside the Smash port even if the latter is just a short 1-3 minute teaser).

Honestly, we'll have to see how it all goes, but I still imagine Kingdom Battle only receiving 5 or so minutes before they move forward as it would take up too much time if it went any longer then that. As for Xenoblade 2, FE Warriors, and Splatoon 2, I could see them being shown off somewhat, but I can't say what the length of time will be for them. Zelda DLC and ARMS, on the other hand, may only be briefly mentioned.

Yeah; that did make me feel better after realizing the port was mentioned alongside the now confirmed Kingdom Battle, but she did say that the three remaining amiibo would be released on the same day as the port, which we all now know isn't true. Unless I'm looking at the wrong images, I'm not sure what to make of that...

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Meh; I think my dislike of the Rabbids got the best of me today and that's probably why I basically questioned the game the split second I saw the official front cover. It just doesn't seem to work for me at all and my viewpoints will remain that way.

I honestly feel the same way if we disregard my insanity from earlier; the Rabbids are aimed at a younger demographic (which apparently includes those younger audiences who love screaming) and I am obviously not part of that demographic.
You've got the right mindset. Game simply doesn't interest you, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, sometimes we question a game's existence solely due to bias. We've all done it. And that's just simply a theory we made, sometimes for biased reasons. I honestly thought Wolf was guaranteed in Smash 4. I was very much wrong. It happens. Best thing to do is admit your mistake(s), which you did, and move on. No biggie. :)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

the rabbids are always like that, they are never serious. They are opposites

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

First map done and I have no idea of what's going on
I don't know why but my Clair suddenly destroys Paladins (even without support boosts, but I know she has them here).

View attachment 129734

Guess Alm's Lance is a big help for her.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also the music for this map is beautiful.
>Not Gray's Lance
0/10

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

You make a pretty good point; I don't mind seeing gameplay of Odyssey just as long as they have time to announce other new games (Donkey Kong, Metroid, and Animal Crossing come to mind alongside the Smash port even if the latter is just a short 1-3 minute teaser).

Honestly, we'll have to see how it all goes, but I still imagine Kingdom Battle only receiving 5 or so minutes before they move forward as it would take up too much time if it went any longer then that. As for Xenoblade 2, FE Warriors, and Splatoon 2, I could see them being shown off somewhat, but I can't say what the length of time will be for them. Zelda DLC and ARMS, on the other hand, may only be briefly mentioned.

Yeah; that did make me feel better after realizing it, but she did say that the three remaining amiibo would be released on the same day as the port, which we all now know isn't true. Unless I'm looking at the wrong images, that is...
Dates are honestly the least reliable thing you can possibly leak from what I can gather.

Even if a leak is completely legit, dates can change internally at the drop of a hat. While it's certainly no proof towards her that it changed, considering how dates aren't even static sometimes when they ARE announced I can't picture the dates of releases being wrong as evidence against it either. Nothing is really stopping them from bumping the dates of Amiibo to a different date than the original concept of releasing in unison with a Smash 4 port due to a later planning change.

I wouldn't think too hard about dates, TBH. It's the other parts of a leak that are most important.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
First map done and I have no idea of what's going on

>Not Gray's Lance
0/10

Gray is the one thirsty for Clair so that's one-sided. Plus his bromance with Tobin is ultimately more important to him.

Clair is as thirsty for Alm as Celica and Faye but deals with it the best. Their A-Support is just oozing with sexual tension.

Between that and Alm's reaction to seeing Mathilda for the first time, I think it's safe to say Alm has a guiltily pleasure for beautiful, blonde noble women.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A couple of years ago I was watching the Rabbids show and said: "Hey, this series is fun, sucks that it'll be axed after a season or two and then the characters will end in Oblivion"

Look where they are now.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I see.

Well, I think the game has potential to be fun and cute, so I'll wait for some gameplay reveals to judge.

Also people thinking this is the star of Nintendo's E3 are probably gonna eat their hats. LOL.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

I'm gone for a few hours, and this shows up.

More importantly, how does Mario have an arm cannon without this being a Mega Man crossover.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'll try to explain them to the best of my ability.

You are right about Atrocitus being a Red Lantern, though he's not just A Red Lantern, he's the leader of the Red Lanterns. He's an anti-hero whose methods happen to bring him up against the Green Lanterns regularly (His entire sector was wiped out by something that was essentially the fault of the Green Lantern's bosses, the Guardians of the Universe, so he wants to kill all of them).

Cheetah is a Wonder Woman villain, her arch-nemesis (When it's not Ares) to be exact. there's been more than one but the one in the game is Barbara Minerva, who, IIRC was a treasure hunter who went through a blood magic ritual that transformed her into a cheetah woman.

Doctor Fate is a Wizard, an agent for a powerful group called the Lords Of Order. The helmet, cloak, and amulet are all magical artifacts he uses to help fight crime, the helmet containing the spirit of Nabu, the Lord Of Order that created it, though while Fate does use the artifacts, how much free will he has seems to vary from writer to writer. Sometimes he's in full control, sometimes he's like a puppet, etc.

Firestorm is what happens when two people get caught in a nuclear accident, fusing them together to become one being just called "Firestorm". Firestorm's main ability is to alter any inorganic material, but what's holding them back from essentially being godlike is that, at least with the case of the first pair, Ronnie Raymond (A high school Jock) and Martin Stein (A brilliant scientist), is that Ronnie Raymond is, well, an idiot. Though the pair in-game replaces Raymond with the more recent Jason Rusch, who's considerably smarter.

Grodd is one of Flash's villains, a sentient gorilla with mind powers, he's from a city of sentient gorillas called Gorilla City, which (obviously) is a city of sentient Gorillas. Grodd hates humans with a fiery passion, and often attempts to wipe them out, but The Flash keeps getting in the way of that.

Black Adam was originally Captain Marvel/Shazam's Arch-nemesis, though modern depictions have him as a more a Lawful Neutral/Lawful Evil anti-villain. anyways, Adam was chosen by the Wizard Shazam to be his successor, and depending on the version, The power either got to Adam's head (Old version) and the Wizard banished him, or The Wizard perceived Adam forcefully overthrowing the government of his land and installing himself as ruler as Adam being corrupted by a demon. Either way, Adam ends up imprisoned/banished until the modern Era, where he fights Captain Marvel, however, in the Modern Era, Black Adam goes on to join several teams, one of which being the Justice Society.

Jaime Reyes is the third person to take up the mantle of Blue Beetle. It all started when Jaime found the scarab that the first Blue Beetle possessed, which was thought to be a magic artifact, but was really just a piece of technology created by a race called The Reach, who sought to have it possess Jaime, but it gradually developed its own will and independence with Jaime's help.

Swamp Thing is a complicated one so I very well may get details wrong: He was originally a scientist named Alec Holland, who had developed a restorative formula for plant life, but was attacked and killed by someone who wanted the formula with a bomb, Holland ran into the swamp, covered in burning chemicals from the fire, and falls into the swamp, mutating into a strange, monstrous creature that comes to be known as the Swamp Thing. Though it was later retconned that Swamp Thing was a plant elemental already that had somehow absorbed Holland's memories and personality upon his death.

Grid, from what I understand, is the Crime Syndicate (Earth-3's evil Justice League)'s Cyborg, a sentient computer virus that wants to be human more than anything.

Vixen is a woman from Africa who inherited a magic totem that gives the wearer powers of various animals (Cheetah's speed, Hawk's flight, Ant's strength, etc), that was passed down from generation to generation in her family line.

Reverse-Flash is the top contender for Flash's arch-rival: The Reverse-Flash is the man responsible for the murder of Barry's mother, the catalyst that ultimately lead for Barry to become the hero that he is nowadays, attempted to murder his wife, and ultimately forced Flash to kill him to save his new Fiance. But upon being resurrected, he got worse: Reverse-Flash murdered his brother (Who he thought was holding him back), his parents (Due to them not supporting his Speed Force obsession), a professional rival, and every woman a girl he was interested in ever dated. During Flashpoint (The crossover that caused the New 52 which is evil enough IMO) he alters the time stream further, to make Barry miserable.

Power Girl, from what I know, is an alternate-universe Supergirl. From what I understand, she's a businesswoman, and the leader of her world's Justice Society
Thank you for that dude. Also is Reverse Flash also Zoom, or are those 2 different villains cause I remember seeing him in the crappy CW Flash show.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Thank you for that dude. Also is Reverse Flash also Zoom, or are those 2 different villains cause I remember seeing him in the crappy CW Flash show.
I think Zoom was Reverse-Flash's original name before they gave it to another character.

D

Deleted member

Gray is the one thirsty for Clair so that's one-sided. Plus his bromance with Tobin is ultimately more important to him.

Clair is as thirsty for Alm as Celica and Faye but deals with it the best. Their A-Support is just oozing with sexual tension.

Between that and Alm's reaction to seeing Mathilda for the first time, I think it's safe to say Alm has a guiltily pleasure for beautiful, blonde noble women.
Yeah but they become a couple in the end
Also
>Implying Gray cares about anything other than dat *****

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom