• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Holy **** that's an amazing idea
If only her death quote would be skipped all those times

I think it's 8-4 or IS' reaction to characters like Camilla or Tharja as people only care about the sex appeal, but those characters at least had other character traits
I believe she was exactly the same in the Japanese version so yeah it's all on IntSys.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Self-reminder: Let Faye to get killed if I get FEE: SoV

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Well, I found some leaks for MvC:I. View at your own risk, major spoilers.
Capcom's doing a pretty good job, I'm really looking forward to this.

Probably not, I wouldn't place too much hope into the reboot at all until we get more info.

For all we know the reboot can be even worse.
Was hoping for gameplay leaks. Still, the art is nice.
So, the Resident Evil films are getting rebooted it seems...

Perhaps they can actually correlate a lot better with the actual games this time...
Considering it's being rebooted because the last one did so well in China, I doubt it. They'll probably just keep doing what they're doing.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly, I think this will make some people laugh.

But it sounds like Faye needed some Awakening/Fates style supports.

Tharja, Rhajat and Camilla are obsessed with the avatar, sure. But you can have them fall in love and marry other people. Ironically, one of the things that made some characters shallow gave those three a level of depth and normalcy. There's more to their life then the love of the avatar.

Plus, you know. Boobage goes a long way with FE fans.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
People can't blame 8-4/Localisation for Faye's character. Last time I checked, this was her character in the JP original version. Heck, this was the time that people "wished" for her to be "localised." I remember seeing people at SerenesForest saying they hope she's better in the "localised" version.

I sincerely want to know what made IS consider this and even go full-out on this. You had Cordelia and Oboro who were characters with crushes and you had Tharja, Camilla, and to an extent Jakob, with the Obsession deal, but despite their crush/obsession, they had other character traits, could restrain their obsession and weren't jerks to everyone(even Jakob had people he did not chew out on first encounter, specifically Sakura, Azura, Hinoka, Nyx and especially Mozu, easily one of his best Supports).

Heck, even if they wanted a character similar to the above characters.....what exactly prompted them? Heck, to a sense, what was the point? Alm and Celica were destined to S-rank and there's no character like Robin or Corrin. What exactly prompted this action? Heck, what's up with only 2 supports? Why does it feel like she was a last-minute entry?

THAT BEING SAID, I would like to point out at how ironic it seems that she has 10x more development in Fire Emblem Heroes than she does in her entry game. And no, I am not joking. Despite the fact that all of her talking quotes are about Alm, here is her Confession.
  • Oh! Well, it's you, isn't it, [Summoner].
    My eyes light up every time I turn a corner around here, hoping that I'll see you-know-who.
    And, you know? You're not Alm, but you don't have to be. At least, not anymore.
    Funny how people can be so stuck on someone... that they don't see what's right there.
    I know you'd think I'm the last one to ever say something like that. but it's true.
    I have proof. See? I'm working on a good-luck charm for you. Thought of you with every stitch.
    Does it look good? Do you like it? I hope so. You mean a lot to me, so I really want it to be great!
I understand that it's not hard to involve Player Bias in a game with a Player Insert. Yet this is probably one of the few times that Player Bias is actually helping the character than hurting. It shows that she can actually change, that this Confession Quote should actually be something in her game, yet the opportunity is not there. The chance is never given.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People can't blame 8-4/Localisation for Faye's character. Last time I checked, this was her character in the JP original version. Heck, this was the time that people "wished" for her to be "localised." I remember seeing people at SerenesForest saying they hope she's better in the "localised" version.

I sincerely want to know what made IS consider this and even go full-out on this. You had Cordelia and Oboro who were characters with crushes and you had Tharja, Camilla, and to an extent Jakob, with the Obsession deal, but despite their crush/obsession, they had other character traits, could restrain their obsession and weren't jerks to everyone(even Jakob had people he did not chew out on first encounter, specifically Sakura, Azura, Hinoka, Nyx and especially Mozu, easily one of his best Supports).

Heck, even if they wanted a character similar to the above characters.....what exactly prompted them? Heck, to a sense, what was the point? Alm and Celica were destined to S-rank and there's no character like Robin or Corrin. What exactly prompted this action? Heck, what's up with only 2 supports? Why does it feel like she was a last-minute entry?

THAT BEING SAID, I would like to point out and how ironic it seems that she has 10x more development in Fire Emblem Heroes than she does in her entry game. And no, I am not joking. Despite the fact that all of her talking quotes are about Alm, here is her Confession.

I understand that it's not hard to involve Player Bias in a game with a Player Insert. Yet this is probably one of the few times that Player Bias is actually helping the character than hurting. It shows that she can actually change, that this Confession Quote should actually be something in her game, yet the opportunity is not there. The chance is never given.
It's because of the bow, I tell you. She uses a bow in Heroes and gets development. She's unable to use a bow in Shadows of Valentia and she remains a flat and unlikeable character.

Coincidence? I think not.
:p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You could also argue from a gameplay perspective, Faye's not interesting either. Her only real appeal was being able to become a Pegasus Knight, then Clair showed up, who has more support options, who's more enjoyable of a character and even starts out a bit better
If you aren't making Faye a Cleric, you're doing it wrong.

She has a surprisingly good amount of Defense as a Cleric (which can be boosted even further with a Shield), which allows her to be a very effective Nosferatu tank against physical units. Good Spd too IIRC, she straight up dodges things a lot for me (it helps that Hit Rates being so iffy in this game applies to enemies too). Plus, Alm can use the second healer in his army.

She basically becomes Gandalf as a Cleric. She won't let anyone pass.

Haven't gotten as far as others with Alm (focusing on Celica first), but I don't seriously dislike her as of right now and I can't complain about her usefulness in battle. I like her better than Camilla for sure, as far as yandere characters go.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
And the funny thing is, the localization did make things involving her a little better...but not by making her less obsessed with Alm. What they did was make Alm noticeably weirded out by her behavior in their supports.

It's...something?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Also, can I say?

That's where I am with Faye. Her design is great and her voice is kind of cute, but my god. At first I didn't mind her too much. Then her supports with Silque made her worse. And then the **** she pulled in Act Three made me loathe her and reconsider my zero-death policy...so I looped her death/revival using Mila's Turnwheel for a bit on the next map. Oddly cathartic.
Opo, WTF?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How in the world does recommendations based on "Game Theory: Why Mario Kart 8 is Mario's DEADLIEST Game!" lead me to "Shoe0nHead"

?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How in the world does recommendations based on "Game Theory: Why Mario Kart 8 is Mario's DEADLIEST Game!" lead me to "Shoe0nHead"

?
Might be based on some stuff in your youtube history.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also, can I say?

Opo, WTF?
Because dammit Swamp, there's no better use for Mila's Turnwheel than petty death/revival shenanigans.

"I'll SAVE over your death, so I can tear you to bloody pieces. Over and over and over..."

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Because dammit Swamp, there's no better use for Mila's Turnwheel than petty death/revival shenanigans.

"I'll SAVE over your death, so I can tear you to bloody pieces. Over and over and over..."
I see.

Note to self. Kill Opo before he gets even crazier.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wait, so this "Faye" character has only existed in echoes and Heroes, and in Heroes is given a class she can't be in Echoes?

Why would archer be a male exclusive class?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Scales of Metal from no Metal to Metal af.

0-Current Linkin Park
1-Mildly Metal
2-Pretty Metal
3-Metal
4-Savage
5-Brutal
6-Trve Brütal
666-Opossum

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a class in Echoes called "Elephant" and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with an elephant at all

I am extremely disappointed you don't ride a war elephant like the statues in the back

If you wanna make an elephant class, make them riding the elephant

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Faye could have been a character that has to deal with unrequited love and how to move on with that, yet she never even tries to grow.
Maybe her A-Support with Silque gets a little bit better(I'm think it's only unlockable after Ch.4 so I doubt anyone here has seen it) but overall, she is a lot of wasted potential.
Still, I don't hate her, it's not her character that annoys me, it's IS, they're the ones who bothered to include a new character without giving them a chance to develop and put her in the sack of my most hated FE archetype
You could also argue from a gameplay perspective, Faye's not interesting either. Her only real appeal was being able to become a Pegasus Knight, then Clair showed up, who has more support options, who's more enjoyable of a character and even starts out a bit better
Honestly, if Faye's Cleric spell list doesn't make you wet, I don't know what will
Alright, I agree with what you said but Jakob is nowhere near the level of Tharja or Camilla
Jakob isn't obsessed with Corrin like they are, he's obsessed with his duty as her/his retainer because that's all he has ever done in his life and it never affects his relationships with others, he never denies anyone's love or friendship because of Corrin. And yeah, he can be a jerk sometimes, but that's how he is and it's in no way related to Corrin, he just isn't taking anyone's ****

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ever look at the time and ask yourself why you just drank 20 ounces of coffee at 3 in the morning?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A lot of people hate Faye and liken her to Camilla. But I see as being more like the Amy Rose to Alm's Sonic - she's fangirly in nature rather than being completely insane like Camilla. Faye at the very least does care about her villager friends besides Alm, where Camilla would kill anyone who breaks her heart (regardless of connection to Corrin, it applies to love interests and retainers too).

And in any case, she treats Alm better than Celica at least...dedicated too.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
A lot of people hate Faye and liken her to Camilla. But I see as being more like the Amy Rose to Alm's Sonic - she's fangirly in nature rather than being completely insane like Camilla. Faye at the very least does care about her villager friends besides Alm, where Camilla would kill anyone who breaks her heart (regardless of connection to Corrin, it applies to love interests and retainers too).

And in any case, she treats Alm better than Celica at least...dedicated too.
see the fact camilla can care about anyone other than corrin makes her a better chracter than faye

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Woah. You sure about that? That's crazy if that's the case.
Well, technically it's an upgraded version of the MKX engine that was a HEAVILY modified version of Unreal 3. I've heard that Unreal 4 had lighting issues in 2D games though I'm unsure if that's completely true or not. Either way I doubt that's the reason they went with 3.

The engine is so modified that it should be classified as it's own but since it is built off of the architecture of Unreal 3 ever since MK9 they have to license the engine through Epic.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
see the fact camilla can care about anyone other than corrin makes her a better chracter than faye
Except Faye does care about her Villager friends, and even Celica.

Camilla doesn't care about most other people outside of her family. She treats everyone like toy dolls. They're possessions to her, the notion that they may leave her or go to someone else is like a baby having their candy taken from them. Except Camilla is a very violent baby who'd chop the heads off her toys for it.

Faye just has an immature, fangirlish obsession with a guy who's apparently done a lot for her and fights in his name. It's as good a reason to fight as any. Other than that she's a relatively normal girl. Her supports with Silque are a bit weird but I took it as comic relief more than anything. She treats her Villager friends like normal people and interacts with them just fine (it's not like with Camilla where you can see how other characters are really disturbed with Camilla at times - other characters think Faye is weird, including Alm, but she's not considered seriously unhinged like Camilla is), her obsession with Alm is literally her only weird quirk. So...she's Amy Rose.

I'm not saying they couldn't handle her better, she could have used a bit more involvement in the main story to flesh out her character and develop it more. But she's not nearly as bad as people make her out to be.

And she's still miles ahead of Celica in my book.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Except Faye does care about her Villager friends, and even Celica.

Camilla doesn't care about most other people outside of her family. She treats everyone like toy dolls. They're possessions to her, the notion that they may leave her or go to someone else is like a baby having their candy taken from them. Except Camilla is a very violent baby who'd chop the heads off her toys for it.

Faye just has an immature, fangirlish obsession with a guy who's apparently done a lot for her and fights in his name. It's as good a reason to fight as any. Other than that she's a relatively normal girl. Her supports with Silque are a bit weird but I took it as comic relief more than anything. She treats her Villager friends like normal people and interacts with them just fine (it's not like with Camilla where you can see how other characters are really disturbed with Camilla at times - other characters think Faye is weird, including Alm, but she's not considered seriously unhinged like Camilla is), her obsession with Alm is literally her only weird quirk. So...she's Amy Rose.

I'm not saying they couldn't handle her better, she could have used a bit more involvement in the main story to flesh out her character and develop it more. But she's not nearly as bad as people make her out to be.

your right only someone who isnt unhinged in the slightest would say this
dude even amy ******* rose can hold a convo without mentioning sonic thats how bad faye is your comparison character is less 1 note than faye

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I forgot to review Sonic Spinball! Let's fix that!
It's better than the Game Gear version since it doesn't feel any near as floaty, and there is less running on foot and more pinball. Other than that, a pretty meh game.
Haha wow, turns out r/watchpeopledie is very literal hahaha.

I need bleach.
r/people*******dying is a much better subreddit.

D

Deleted member

Thinking Camilla is worse than Faye? Fine, that's debatable but there's no ****ing way Faye is a better written character than Celica.
I haven't played the game yet but the only way for that to happen is if Celica has literally one character trait that negatively affects her relationships.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The one positive Faye has is that she makes me like Silque sommuch more for having to put up with her.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wait, you haven't seen it yet?

You're in for a treat :p

Well... this is a commercial in a developing country, so not a surprise that it is bad.
This is more hilarious to watch it with Chadtronic's reaction.
Just finished watching this video on White Washing and Asian Erasure

inb4: someone mentions how this all doesn't matter.

edit:
There's a follow up video as well
Japanese weren't really that sensitive when it comes to white washing, to some extent we Asian do think that white skins are pretty. I really hope the can fix it up on the new Ghost in the Shell anime if I had heard it correctly.
Japanese are actually more sensitive on manners by the way.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
There is a class in Echoes called "Elephant" and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with an elephant at all

I am extremely disappointed you don't ride a war elephant like the statues in the back

If you wanna make an elephant class, make them riding the elephant
guess I'm buying far cry instead of fire emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom