• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Meanwhile, Alm just became one of my favorite Lords
https://just-a-radical-dreamer.tumblr.com/post/160950282167/this-dork-is-the-commander-of-an-army
Seriously, he just looks to be trying too hard to be funny and that's adorable

As I mentioned in my other reply, her hurting her relationships with others is part of the Yandere trope, so yes, the problem is her being a Yandere

Did you even watch the video? He didn't try to say Xander acts differently because that's part of his character or something but because of Fates's awful story writing but somehow great support writing, which makes him inconsistent across both scenarios and making him look like two different persons

Alm is the cutest lil dork ever

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I too enjoy Alm but so far I'm enjoying Celica more as I decided to focus on her during most of Act III so far so I got more time with her

Also, IS wants to make a Binding Blade Echoes
When can we get Jugdral already? And even then, why not FE7, the prequel, first? granted I expect an Echoes for FE6 to be better than the original and make the ****lord less vulnerable to RNG screwage by the superior redhead.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Alright all 150cc and Mirrored tracks are compree...All trophies and all stars...

Now to lose my sanity in 200cc...

Ivander

Smash Legend

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Awesome design? check

complete and utter dork? check

Welp, Alm gets a perfect score on the "does zebei like this character" rating system.
*looks at multiple Uprising references on Zebei's sidebar*

I can see that. :V

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I learned there was an (unlicensed) Game Boy player & cheat devise for the Nintendo 64.

Love the music/audio of the game you're playing? Too bad! You have this ear **** in place the entire time:

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
And I just beat Fear Mountain, Nuibaba's abode, and Dolth's Keep. For the former it's no wonder a lot of players have bad memories of this map, the witches are a pain due to Rewarp and the fact Marla can summon them at will does little to help. On the bright side, as usual their AI seems to just attack at random so it's rare they'll snipe a kill on you (in fact, some of them got killed by throwing themselves at some of my stronger units), so it makes a decent grinding map since the witches she summons give a good amount of exp. Dolth's Keep was also not too bad, Dolth summoning Necrodragons was a bit of a scare due to how the game builds them up, but they're surprisingly easy to deal with even with the swamp, though it helps that Saber is really good.

But then I get to Nuibaba and I get a painful reminder for why Cantors can be so irritating. Nuibaba herself wasn't a pain despite having Medusa since her range can be avoided and she doesn't move, and the rest of her lackeys can be baited or sniped by the archers, but her little summoning buddy he kept summoning Gargoyles before I could get in and kill Nuibaba. Thankfully Expel and Clair's Slayer skill helps deal with them, but it can be a annoying getting up to her when you're constantly bombarded with flying enemies.

Also, I really love the worldbuilding in this game, talking to random NPCs and your characters do allow you to breathe life into the world of Valentia. For a recent example, I just got to the Sage's Hamlet and I learned that a Rigelian noblewoman was forced to wed the king of Zofia in the hopes of acquiring food. This adds two new layers, one due to a certain character since while we do learn that he is of Rigelian lineage he didn't know the circumstances of his mother, and two because it adds even more of a negative layer to the king since he forced a marriage and still rejected Rigel's plight. Really, between that, what happened with Celica's mother and his ignorance to the plight of the citizenry, it's no surprise a lot of the characters spit on his name. Same with learning Halcyon and Silque's mother being (former) Duma faithfuls, as it shows a kinder side to the supposed 'religion of evil' in the game unlike most others in the series and also shows that its current state is more a corruption rather then it's actual true form.

Last edited:
https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/18/15658120/fire-emblem-echoes-nintendo-3ds-remake-interview
https://nintendowire.com/news/2017/05/22/fire-emblem-echoes-director-like-remake-binding-blade/

I feel the fact of whether or not a Binding Blade Echoes will include Blazing Sword will be the huge dealmaker or dealbreaker with people.
http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-...-name-wants-to-remake-binding-blade-the-most/
My favourite part of this is "Roy's story was never told" as that fumbles up out of context and ****ed me up IN context
*Deep breath in*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

****ing hell that would be hype. Would be an instant pre-order.
*looks at multiple Uprising references on Zebei's sidebar*

I can see that. :V
Pit is like . . .THE standard for my scale on dorkiness.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So if I give someone a Shadow Blade is that a good idea, or no?
Yeah, it's pretty strong, has a chance of cursing enemies, and if you deal a finishing blow with it, you recover HP equal to the remaining HP of the enemy before you finished them.

Saber has been rocking mine since I got it.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
It has the same effect as the Devil Sword/Axe from other games, i.e. randomly damaging the user.

However later on you can evolve it into a Brave Sword or an Ilwoon at the Smithy.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Well... this is a commercial in a developing country, so not a surprise that it is bad.
This is more hilarious to watch it with Chadtronic's reaction.

Japanese weren't really that sensitive when it comes to white washing, to some extent we Asian do think that white skins are pretty. I really hope the can fix it up on the new Ghost in the Shell anime if I had heard it correctly.
Japanese are actually more sensitive on manners by the way.
The video wasn't about Japanese/Asians but rather Asian-Americans who are generally erased from Western culture. Over in Asia, this erasure isn't an issue because the people are surrounded by Asian media made by Asians for Asians. Meanwhile, over in the West, more specifically the US, despite the sizeable Asian population, Asian-Americans rarely have any representation in our media and when they do it's stereotyped side-characters/extras.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
But here's the thing with that
The two scenarios Xander is in are COMPLETELY different. Of COURSE he'll act different to his allies in free time and during serious moments
Except Story!Xander isn't different from both Birthright and Conquest.

In both routes, Story!Xander demonstrates that he goes against his duties for his own people. When Xander killed Elise in Birthright, he ignores his sister's dying wish to stop the fighting and demands that Corrin kill him in battle. If Xander was supposed to be a person who cares about his people, he would've listened to Elise's words and realized that Garon is an evil man that must be stopped, and he would've defected from his father and joined Corrin's cause. Instead, Xander demonstrates how selfish he is by preferring suicide by cop and ultimately forces Corrin to fight him and his army/allies. If Xander cared about his allies, he would've told them to stand down, but he drags them into battle by refusing to defect to Corrin's side. Moreover, both of his retainers lose their lives during the battle, so Xander's selfishness ultimately led to their deaths.

Meanwhile in Conquest, Xander chooses to prolong the war by killing Zola who wanted to end the war by killing all of the Hoshidan royals. Xander justifies that killing Zola was the right thing to do because such actions are "dishonorable." Yet, if Xander actually did care about his people and allies, he would've realized that a longer war would put all of them at risk and would lead to more deaths. Thus, Xander yet again fails to value the lives of his people and allies by killing Zola. Moreover, Xander even kills Nohrian soldiers during the battle to stop Zola.

During the prologue, Xander tells Corrin that he (Xander) would prefer by killing fewer people than necessary, but as Xander's reaction to Elise's death and killing Zola shows, he ultimately shrugs that aside. Story!Xander also shows how blindly loyal he his to Garon by refusing to defect, ignoring Silas's plea that Garon is the reason the war is taking place and wants nothing but destruction by using the excuse "You're a traitor, Silas; therefore, I won't listen," and simply standing aside and doing nothing as Hoshidan soldiers are murdered in the capital while saying "Justice is an illusion." Support!Xander shows that he questions Garon's actions, yet here, Story!Xander only rebelled when he learned Garon is actually a slime monster (in Conquest) or hearing Garon proclaiming Nohr will be destroyed (in Revelation).

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Got a bit of a tip for Echoes, but it's kind of a gameplay spoiler so I'll spoiler it.

If you evolve the Golden Dagger, it becomes the "Beloved Zofia" sword. This is a pretty powerful weapon that can only be wielded by Celica.

However, that's not the fun part - I just got my first Art from it, Subdue. Subdue is a 0 HP cost art with a +20 Hit Rate, and it leaves the enemy at 1 HP every time it hits (which is often due to Celica's already high Hit Rate combined with the +20). This is obviously a very powerful Art that's worth getting and could also be useful for feeding EXP to other units.

WVW69kV3_x8q2h4A7-.jpg

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Got all gold trophies in 200 cc now...

Have no idea how I managed to get 1st in all of the Bell Cup races, especially since I was laggin behind in Big Blue but 4 mushrooms came in clutch right at the end...

Unlocked Gold Mario, was confused at first cuz I didn't know there were unlockable characters in this game since there's like 36 characters available from the get-go...

Getting all of the stars is going to be insane...

D

Deleted member

But here's the thing with that
The two scenarios Xander is in are COMPLETELY different. Of COURSE he'll act different to his allies in free time and during serious moments
You really didn't watch the video
I could go on and explain why Ghast is right but it's easier if you'd just watch the video instead of dismissing his point based on an assumption of the video title
I mean sure, that's one way to put it, Forsyth.

View attachment 129507

Also yeah, I really like Alm as well. Easily one of my favourite characters in the game and one of my favourite FE characters in general so far (now I'm gonna want him in Heroes, uuuuugh). He's literally Phoenix Wright if he were a Fire Emblem character. Which makes me dislike Celica even more because of how she treats him.
I'd like to point out that Res growth is 3%
The rest of his growths are
40 40 30 40 40 30
Does anyone know how to calculate the chance of all of these happening in succession?
@Shishœ You just hate yanderes because you're a tsundere.
Th-that's nof it, b-baka!
Give it to the Merc/Myrm/DF with the highest Lck stat, that way you can reduce the backfire chance significantly
I'd argue against using it but Mila's Turnwheel exists so you can always rewind in the rare chance it does
Except Story!Xander isn't different from both Birthright and Conquest.

In both routes, Story!Xander demonstrates that he goes against his duties for his own people. When Xander killed Elise in Birthright, he ignores his sister's dying wish to stop the fighting and demands that Corrin kill him in battle. If Xander was supposed to be a person who cares about his people, he would've listened to Elise's words and realized that Garon is an evil man that must be stopped, and he would've defected from his father and joined Corrin's cause. Instead, Xander demonstrates how selfish he is by preferring suicide by cop and ultimately forces Corrin to fight him and his army/allies. If Xander cared about his allies, he would've told them to stand down, but he drags them into battle by refusing to defect to Corrin's side. Moreover, both of his retainers lose their lives during the battle, so Xander's selfishness ultimately;y led to their deaths.

Meanwhile in Conquest, Xander chooses to prolong the war by killing Zola who wanted to the war by killing all of the Hoshidan royals. Xander justifies that killing Zola was the right thing to do because such actions are "dishonorable." Yet, if Xander actually did care about his people and allies, he would've realized that a longer war would put all of them at risk and would lead to more deaths. Thus, Xander yet again fails to value the lives of his people and allies by killing Zola. Moreover, Xander even kills Nohrian soldiers during the battle to stop Zola.

During the prologue, Xander tells Corrin that he (Xander) would prefer by killing fewer people than necessary, but as Xander's reaction to Elise's death and killing Zola shows, he ultimately shrugs that aside. Story!Xander also shows how blindly loyal he his to Garon by refusing to defect, ignoring Silas's plea that Garon is the reason the war is taking place and wants nothing but destruction by using the excuse "You're a traitor, Silas; therefore, I won't listen," and simply standing aside and doing nothing as Hoshidan soldiers are murdered in the capital while saying "Justice is an illusion." Support!Xander shows that he questions Garon's actions, yet here, Story!Xander only rebelled when he learned Garon is actually a slime monster (in Conquest) or hearing Garon proclaiming Nohr will be destroyed (in Revelation).
Or I could point Gwen to this

To add onto to this, Story!Xander is also inconsistent with himself, as he says he had "suspected" Garon for years in Ch.27 of Conquest... when one scene before he said he'd execute Corrin if the whole thing was a ruse
Not only does he contradict Support!Xander's loyalty and trust for his siblings(seriously, there's no reason to threat Corrin like that, no matter how skeptical he could ever be), he also contradicts himself because instead of going "maybe I was right about my suspicions" he goes "I'M GONNA ****ING KILL YOU IF THIS IS FAK-- I knew it from the start"
Got a bit of a tip for Echoes, but it's kind of a gameplay spoiler so I'll spoiler it.

If you evolve the Golden Dagger, it becomes the "Beloved Zofia" sword. This is a pretty powerful weapon that can only be wielded by Celica.

However, that's not the fun part - I just got my first Art from it, Subdue. Subdue is a 0 HP cost art with a +20 Hit Rate, and it leaves the enemy at 1 HP every time it hits (which is often due to Celica's already high Hit Rate combined with the +20). This is obviously a very powerful Art that's worth getting and could also be useful for feeding EXP to other units.

View attachment 129509
That's actually an translation error, it leaves the enemy with 1HP when a FATAL hit connects, it's the Tellius Mercy skill
Still useful for grinding weaker units but not really that useful when only Celoca can use it(and as a Mage she should be using a Ring or Shield), costs Gold(which is pretty rare) and takes away your only Golden Dagger(which is better on Priestess due to the healing Art and the one that gives out Provisions on kills)

Chrono.

I forgot to review Sonic Spinball! Let's fix that!
It's better than the Game Gear version since it doesn't feel any near as floaty, and there is less running on foot and more pinball. Other than that, a pretty meh game.

r/people*******dying is a much better subreddit.
Yeah that's the one I was looking for.
On the topic of Echoes:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ce-2-and-farpoint-lead-uk-weekly-boxed-charts

Number 5 in the UK's top 10 sales this week. MK8D is holding on nicely and Injustice 2 is the first fighting game in two years to top the charts (The previous one was, funnily enough, Mortal Kombat X).

UK loves them NRS fighters.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

View attachment 129509
The description is a little inaccurate. More accurate to say that it leaves the enemy with 1 HP if the attack would otherwise kill them (i.e. if they're at 20 HP and a normal attack will do 15 damage, an attack using Subdue still only does 15 damage; if it would do 25 damage, then Subdue takes effect and the enemy is left with 1 HP instead). If the enemy is at full HP, it's just one regular attack with nothing special to it except higher Hit% (it'll even do less damage than a normal attack, since arts can't double). Its main use is indeed to help feed kills to other units, but your target will need to be already weakened before you use Subdue on them.

If you're using Alm's Royal Sword, he gets this skill from it too, and it has possibly an even more useful use case in that it can be used to weaken Delthea when she's possessed by Tatarrah; leaving her with 1 HP leaves her unable to attack you, reducing the likelihood of her attacking your archers and killing herself accidentally.

Last edited:
"That's it, I cant take it anymore. im not waiting for someone to update hax stuff im playing echoes NOW. I dont care if I have to replay it from losing save data"

>You must perform a system update to use this software

D

Deleted member

@Shishœ I'm pretty sure that is the exact reason, actually. You can't hide the truth me, weirdo.

Also, if you think about it, Vanilla Ice is the biggest yandere ever, literally and figuratively.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Should I change Gray, Tobin or Faye's class, and what should I change it to?
Yeah that's the one I was looking for.

UK loves them NRS fighters.
I love watching small kids, puppies and kittens die HoRRibLE bRUTaL DeAThS thanks to that thread

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
"That's it, I cant take it anymore. im not waiting for someone to update hax stuff im playing echoes NOW. I dont care if I have to replay it from losing save data"

>You must perform a system update to use this software

Wait, you're on 11.3? Just finish your hax lol

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Nintendo Spotlight is going to be an hour long...

If they handle it in a similar fashion as the April Direct, we can expect a lot of info being dropped...

edit: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Should I change Gray, Tobin or Faye's class, and what should I change it to?
For Gray, make him a Mercenary because that's where his growths shine best.

For Tobin, either Archer or Mage work well for similar reasons (a.k.a. both classes fits his growths the best). I've been using Archer!Tobin in my playthrough, and he is proving to be very reliable thus far with his decent frequency to land criticals. I've heard good things about Mage!Tobin as well, and I know in that class, he learns Excalibur (a very good attacking spell) pretty early.

Faye works best as a Cleric because she can take physical hits compared to Silque, and having two Clerics is better than having one. Faye also learns Physic pretty early, and she is the only Cleric in the game that can learn a spell that functions similar to the Singing/Dancing skill in past Fire Emblem games.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Uh....

"Nintendo’s activities at E3 2017 kick off with the Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video presentation, featuring a closer look at the Super Mario Odyssey game and new details for Nintendo Switch games launching this year."

I hope they haven't suddenly changed their plans out of nowhere, although I'm probably just being crazy on that and they actually mean games we know about and games we don't know about. :p

A bit of a minor note, but where does it say the presentation will be an hour?

Also, Robertman2 Robertman2 , it seems like you accidentally double posted.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This poll was exciting. Billy Hatcher was sooooo close, but AiAi pretty much steamrolled him at the last minute with more votes. Can't blame the monkey since he's got so much presence on Nintendo and fans want the series to return. Hotsuma however didn't fare well, but didn't do as bad as Latisha (she was considered the Scrappy Doo of Toejam & Earl at the time).

Next is a group of IP's that may be obscure to some of you in addition to another Shinobi character, one from a popular PC MMORPG by Sega, and another from a card using arcade title (though may be more familiar with the anime). Your choices are Hibana from Nightshade, Zephyr from Resonance of Fate, Spiral Knight from Spiral Knights, and Max from Dinosaur King (obviously fighting with some fan favorites dinosaurs a la Pokémon Trainer).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Uh....

"Nintendo’s activities at E3 2017 kick off with the Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video presentation, featuring a closer look at the Super Mario Odyssey game and new details for Nintendo Switch games launching this year."

I hope they haven't suddenly changed their plans out of nowhere, although I'm probably just being crazy on that and they actually mean games we know about and games we don't know about. :p

A bit of a minor note, but where does it say the presentation will be an hour?

Also, Robertman2 Robertman2 , it seems like you accidentally double posted.
They're gonna start with Odyssey right off the bat and then show everything else they have to show afterwards, I'm pretty sure that's what they already said they'd do

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
This poll was exciting. Billy Hatcher was sooooo close, but AiAi pretty much steamrolled him at the last minute with more votes. Can't blame the monkey since he's got so much presence on Nintendo and fans want the series to return. Hotsuma however didn't fare well, but didn't do as bad as Latisha (she was considered the Scrappy Doo of Toejam & Earl at the time).

Next is a group of IP's that may be obscure to some of you in addition to another Shinobi character, one from a popular PC MMORPG by Sega, and another from a card using arcade title (though may be more familiar with the anime). Your choices are Hibana from Nightshade, Zephyr from Resonance of Fate, Spiral Knight from Spiral Knights, and Max from Dinosaur King (obviously fighting with some fan favorites dinosaurs a la Pokémon Trainer).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Although I unfortunately cannot participate in this poll among the others due to not owning a Twitter account, I have played Spiral Knights for at least 1000+ hours and my vote would go to a Spiral Knight as a result. I wouldn't be surprised if I was one of the few people to even know about Spiral Knights in the first place as it hasn't received new content in quite a long time. :p

Oh yeah, I don't believe Sega owns the game anymore; it now belongs to Gray Havens, former members of Three Rings, which was owned by Sega.

They're gonna start with Odyssey right off the bat and then show everything else they have to show afterwards, I'm pretty sure that's what they already said they'd do
I suppose you're right; they may of just rephrased what they said on the E3 page.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Chrono. Chrono. A Distant Demon A Distant Demon

WWE apparently is promoting Jinder as a huge babyface in India, but I can't check the promos because they're blocked for the rest of the world. Well played, Meekmahan :v

Time to get FalKoopa into wrestling.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I just had to put a shirt on my dog because there is a thunderstorm coming
Post the pics
2.1. I know I can just finish hax but it failed last time, and if someone is making an easier version i will wait for that before I brick this thing somehow

Jarvan IV is still fun as hell
You should finish that ASAP

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I just had a thought...

What if.....now this is definitely a big "what if" but what if...

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD Remaster for Switch... If they are working on a Prime 4 for the Switch (since 2015 they would've had some time put into the game if they started sometime afterwards, whether or not Retro's the one who was working on it is a different story) they would've likely done something similar to what Aonuma did with Wind Waker and Twilight Princess for BotW's development for the Wii U and worked on how the games could look in HD and how the controls could work on the new system; and from there, very much like with WWHD and TPHD, bring the games onto the system as updated HD ports on the Switch (possibly as a hold-over for the hopefully upcoming new title in the series)...

As said if they have been working on a Prime 4 for the past couple years (which is possible), something like this could be realistic for a Fall or Holiday release of this year...and would a great way to get Metroid on the Switch in some capacity...

I know this is mostly just wishful thinking, but I really hope Nintendo likes my money...cuz this would be a very good way to get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom