• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
60 Minutes just did a segment on the current political corruption madness in Brazil.

. . .Brazil being jealous of Venezuela and the US being crazy.
inb4 shishoe

D

Deleted member

60 Minutes just did a segment on the current political corruption madness in Brazil.

inb4 shishoe
@Shishœ isn't from Brazil though, he's from Duwang, a very beautiful Duwang I might add.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Grew a bit tired of Biff so I'm going with another ARMS art.

I think this is the first time here I had an avatar with a female in it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Pai Chan and Kage-Maru wound up tying with each other in that Virtua Fighter poll. In the end of the day, I've chosen Pai simply because she's the Chun Li of Virtua Fighter and appeared in several crossovers beside Akira Yuki (Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, Project X Zone, and Dead or Alive 5). Jeffry and Vanessa did poorly however.

Next up are the underdogs from the Dreamcast era that were only popular once in there life or had ports and remakes for the future (with one certain exception). Your choices are BD Joe from Crazy Taxi, Amigo from Samba de Amigo, the Floigan Bros., and ChuChus from ChuChu Rocket. Quite an interesting cast of characters and only one step into Sega's days of being a third party developer.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

That Kamen Rider Ex-Aid episode was intense.
BD Joe I guess. I do like Crazy Taxi.

D

Deleted member

Knuckles isn't a girl tho

That's pretty frightening, but nothing will ever top Vegeta without his widow's peak.

They're three constants in life:

- Death
- Taxes
- @Prince Alucard tagging @Shishœ :awesome:
I don't know why, but for some reason it didn't alert me when you tagged me. That's bizarre.

Hopefully it works whenever I tag @Shishœ.

And yes, I do always tag him, but that's because he's my dude, maaaaaaan. We have the best conversations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
At the end of Chapter 3 now. Still need to do both those shrines and get everyone promoted.

If they ever remake FE4, I hope they implement the weapon skill system for that. It would really go well with that game's various attempts to make weapons feel more personal.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
The thing that always bugged me about Amigo is that he stands out a lot for a game called Samba De Amigo.

Assuming the game does take place in Rio De Janeiro like the main theme, he's dressed more like a Mexican mariachi musician than a samba performer. Hell, Rio and Linda could be the only characters of the cast that can pass off as legit Brazilians. Why Sega?

Your thoughts @Shishœ?
Unreleated, but I wished Sonic Team still made games aside from just Sonic. I know they made Puyo Tetris, but aside from that, it's been a while since the last non-Sonic game.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Got all stars on 150cc in Mario Kart...

Working on Mirrored, then to complete 200cc...

I hate how the controls are automatically set to smart-steering, tilt controls, auto-accelerate....was playing multiplayer and took me to longest to figure out why my character kept veering to the left while playing, thought something was wrong with my joy-con, but nope tilt controls were on and kept making me veer to one side cuz of how I held the joy-con...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Sonic Genesis game reviews!
Minus Chaotix and Eraser
  • Sonic the Hedgehog- This is my least favorite of the Genesis era games. Still a good game, but everything feels really basic. No spin dash also sucks too. Music is nice, but still pretty basic. Also the bonus stage was awful and thankfully hasn't been referenced since outside of the Lego Dimensions bonus level. Which only used the background and not the actual game play.
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2- A massive improvement on the first game in every way. Cooler levels, better music, Spin Dash, Tails, multiplayer co-op all the works!
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles -featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series- Like Sonic 2, this improves on the original in nearly every way even further. A long, two part game, the lock on feature was pretty cool, letting you play through the two games in one long game. Also let you play as Knuckles in Sonic 2. Music was pretty good,with Micheal Jackson helping with some of the tracks.
  • Sonic CD- The best Sonic game. Period. End of discussion. TWO kickass soundtracks, a neat time travel mechanic, cool levels each with four variations, no annoying bottomless pits for the most part and one of the best boss battles in the series, the Metal Sonic race! I love this game.
  • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine- Literally just Puyo Puyo. But themed around the bad 90s Sonic cartoon.
  • Sonic 3D Blast- This is an interesting isometric platformer, with nice prerendered graphics. Gameplay didn't age well and Sonic feels really slippery. I'll go into a bit more when I review the Saturn version.
Next up, I dunno. Colors, Chronicles, Saturn games, spinoffs not starring Sonic, maybe even some of the cartoons.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Unreleated, but I wished Sonic Team still made games aside from just Sonic. I know they made Puyo Tetris, but aside from that, it's been a while since the last non-Sonic game.
Thing is, Sonic Team likes to play things safe since they know that any new IP they make other than Sonic or Puyo Puyo (although mostly in Japan) doesn't sell.

Though I do miss the days when they made original stuff like Billy Hatcher, NiGHTS, and Samba De Amigo back then.

D

Deleted member

Also the bonus stage was awful and thankfully hasn't been referenced since outside of the Lego Dimensions bonus level.
You aren't going to like the bonus stages in Sonic 4 Episode I, then, since they're a retread of Sonic 1's bonus stages.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Thing is, Sonic Team likes to play things safe since they know that any new IP they make other than Sonic or Puyo Puyo (although mostly in Japan) doesn't sell.

Though I do miss the days when they made original stuff like Billy Hatcher, NiGHTS, and Samba De Amigo back then.
Yeah, I get why they do. It's the same reason most companies play it safe. Still, it's nice scrolling through their library and seeing something different every now and then.

D

Deleted member

The thing that always bugged me about Amigo is that he stands out a lot for a game called Samba De Amigo.

Assuming the game does take place in Rio De Janeiro like the main theme, he's dressed more like a Mexican mariachi musician than a samba performer. Hell, Rio and Linda could be the only characters of the cast that can pass off as legit Brazilians. Why Sega?

Your thoughts @Shishœ?
Better than Street Fighter/10
I mean, I know **** about SdA but it outside of the title and maybe the kusic(I haven't really heard any of them), there doesn't seem to he much Brazil in it

inb4 shishoe
Madness? Yeah, I guess that's how you could call it
Our country is sinking but everyone is making memes, I guess that's the definition of madness
We're going for two Impeachments in the span of a year, oh boy, that's gonna be a new record

I'm curious about what they said though, maybe I'll watch it tomorrow
Also, FORA TEMER
They're three constants in life:

- Death
- Taxes
- @Prince Alucard tagging @Shishœ :awesome:
I have been summoned by him two times in a row, this gotta be a new record
That's pretty frightening, but nothing will ever top Vegeta without his widow's peak.

I don't know why, but for some reason it didn't alert me when you tagged me. That's bizarre.

And yes, I do always tag him, but that's because he's my dude, maaaaaaan. We have the best conversations.
I'm being held captive, please send help

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Vegeta is basically a Code Lyoko character without his peak.

At this point a day without the tag would feel weird lol.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
A part can see some of the fatigue from the developers. From what I can tell development for the next Sonic game begins immediately after the one before, so there's really no break from it.

I think it's about time Sonic Team revives an old series or makes a new IP.

Chrono.

I was about to go all balls crazy for forgetting Yakuza.

But then I noticed you said Sonic Team and not SEGA in general like most do.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey, here's a cool thing.

Here are three versions of the same piece.

Name one thing you like about each version that is unique to that version.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I was about to go all balls crazy for forgetting Yakuza.

But then I noticed you said Sonic Team and not SEGA in general like most do.
Nah, I'm aware Sega does more than just Sonic. As you've said there's Yakuza, Total War, hell, even Persona is Sega even if under a different name

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So, the Resident Evil films are getting rebooted it seems...

Perhaps they can actually correlate a lot better with the actual games this time...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Perhaps they can actually correlate a lot better with the actual games this time...
That'd be nice. None of that Alice ****. When the Jill and/or Leon centered movies?

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hey, here's a cool thing.

Here are three versions of the same piece.

Name one thing you like about each version that is unique to that version.
The frantic pace the first one has really makes you pumped and want to give it your all in the final minute.

The second one does the same, but the more "poppy" instruments and the Squid Sisters singing along make it really great to listen to. Probably my favorite of the "Now or Never" variations.

The third, to be completely honest, I'm not the biggest fan of. It's the same melody, but it doesn't feel as frantic as the other variations. It's not bad by any means, but it's the one I like the least.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
lul

THEY ACTUALLY DID IT

THE MAHARAJA REIGNS SUPREME

WWE is really pushing for India; they even sacrificed Snek.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Her only character trait is wanting Alm's ****
Her only other support options are with Silque, Silque wants to know her better as there aren't many women on the team, Faye's uninterested because she only cares about Alm. Silque then tries to talk to her about Alm. "Talking about Alm's only fun if Alm's there". Later in the game, Alm and Celica reunite, but end up fighting due to clashing goals. Faye's absolutely thrilled and when talked to says something like "She wouldn't understand, only someone who's been beside you this whole time would understand" and her tone of voice is just ****ing infuriating. In her supports with Alm, she says that when Alm accidentally touched her hand over dinner, she didn't sleep due to how happy she was. Alm understandingly is creeped the **** out "I'll kill for you Alm, just point the enemies and I'll slay them for you!". And when the game is done, she disappears in the epilogue. Meaning her other childhood friends like Gray, Tobin and Kliss mean NOTHING to her and she only cared about Alm
I must say, the localization team AND Faye's voice actress do an excellent job at making you hate Faye

D

Deleted member

Well, I found some leaks for MvC:I. View at your own risk, major spoilers.
Captain America.jpg
Chun Li.jpg
Capcom's doing a pretty good job, I'm really looking forward to this.

Probably not, I wouldn't place too much hope into the reboot at all until we get more info.

For all we know the reboot can be even worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Her only character trait is wanting Alm's ****
Her only other support options are with Silque, Silque wants to know her better as there aren't many women on the team, Faye's uninterested because she only cares about Alm. Silque then tries to talk to her about Alm. "Talking about Alm's only fun if Alm's there". Later in the game, Alm and Celica reunite, but end up fighting due to clashing goals. Faye's absolutely thrilled and when talked to says something like "She wouldn't understand, only someone who's been beside you this whole time would understand" and her tone of voice is just ****ing infuriating. In her supports with Alm, she says that when Alm accidentally touched her hand over dinner, she didn't sleep due to how happy she was. Alm understandingly is creeped the **** out "I'll kill for you Alm, just point the enemies and I'll slay them for you!". And when the game is done, she disappears in the epilogue. Meaning her other childhood friends like Gray, Tobin and Kliss mean NOTHING to her and she only cared about Alm
I must say, the localization team AND Faye's voice actress do an excellent job at making you hate Faye
Whoops I forgot to reply to Swamp.

But yeah, she doesn't do much other than that, she's pretty much a lowkey Yandere and a one dimensional one at that.

At least Tharja had some other traits that made her mildly interesting, even if I didn't like her either.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Whoops I forgot to reply to Swamp.
But yeah, she doesn't do much other than that, she's pretty much a lowkey Yandere and a one dimensional one at that.

At least Tharja had some other traits that made her mildly interesting, even if I didn't like her either.
You could also argue from a gameplay perspective, Faye's not interesting either. Her only real appeal was being able to become a Pegasus Knight, then Clair showed up, who has more support options, who's more enjoyable of a character and even starts out a bit better

Chrono.

You could also argue from a gameplay perspective, Faye's not interesting either. Her only real appeal was being able to become a Pegasus Knight, then Clair showed up, who has more support options, who's more enjoyable of a character and even starts out a bit better
It's such a shame because Faye has a really cute design.

Honestly one of my favorites from Echoes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

That's where I am with Faye. Her design is great and her voice is kind of cute, but my god. At first I didn't mind her too much. Then her supports with Silque made her worse. And then the **** she pulled in Act Three made me loathe her and reconsider my zero-death policy...so I looped her death/revival using Mila's Turnwheel for a bit on the next map. Oddly cathartic.

Chrono.

That's where I am with Faye. Her design is great and her voice is kind of cute, but my god. At first I didn't mind her too much. Then her supports with Silque made her worse. And then the **** she pulled in Act Three made me loathe her and reconsider my zero-death policy...so I looped her death/revival using Mila's Turnwheel for a bit on the next map. Oddly cathartic.
Very Chaotic Neutral of you.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Holy **** that's an amazing idea
If only her death quote would be skipped all those times

I think it's 8-4 or IS' reaction to characters like Camilla or Tharja as people only care about the sex appeal, but those characters at least had other character traits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom