• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So here's a question for y'all playing Echoes:

Between Sonya and Deen, who did you pick/plan on picking?
Deen because..that was the first place I went to thinking I could get both, but I killed deen and sonya left so Welp

also Im still trying to beat that area just to get him

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Might as well, how else is he supposed to ban Vegeta and actively prevent him from using the Hyperbolic Time Chamber? :p
By being scary.

And is Popo still blue?
THE ****ING GURREN LAGANN ENDING.
NO, GENNDY, NO! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME. IT WAS HARD THE FIRST TIME, BUT HERE IT'S EVEN WORSE. :c
Tough, I take this ending over an Berserk-like ending. Bittersweet is better than total doom, right?
Not when total doom is Aku winning and hamming it up

D

Deleted member

Sonya because Rewarp(literally Fates's Witch Warp) and Freeze
I think she also gets Physics so oh boy.

I think that, ultimately, it depends on whether you are willing to invest on them: Sonya needs grinding to reach promotion level while Deen is ready to kick ass from the get go and two levels away from DF

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Now I visited an imageboard; the ARMS section now has a full page of unsafe Twintelle images with a safe MinMin one on the lower corner.

Rest In Maruchan.
Hey, I had some of that for breakfast.

Probably applicable to either sentence.

So while I rest and digest, here's what's next:

Here's a question.

How well do you think ARMS will do?

Will it be the next Splatoon?
Nah. Splatoon had an appeal that ARMS can't really match up to pound-for-pound, at least in my opinion.

I think it'll do well within the Switch ecosystem, but its success in reaching beyond that is probably going to boil down to how different and interesting the punch mechanics really turn out to be.

We'll pretty much be assured of a hit or a flop come the Testpunch. Overall I'm cautiously optimistic.

****, I have find the memes the most right about me.
FeelsBadMan:sadsheep:
Literally this.

Or this without the first image.

Fifty-fifty.

"Hmm, think I'll play some Echoes now"

*sees this on my YouTube feed*

"Echoes can wait"
Thought this was a teased Forces level until the mod message midway through.

Man, if only.

Speaking of YouTube feeds:

upload_2017-5-21_9-34-59.png

Mine is not on point today.

Chrono.

So I just remembered we're getting this on Switch.

Looking at the gameplay, idk how to feel about it. Looks waaaay floatier than I'd like

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Just beat Greith in Echoes. Deen and Est get. :D

Genny learned Expel (or whatever Dear is called now) during the battle, which came in super handy during the fight.

Are the turn limits form Gaiden still a thing in Echoes? I haven't noticed them. coming in to play at all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Genny learned Expel (or whatever Dear is called now) during the battle, which came in super handy during the fight.

Are the turn limits form Gaiden still a thing in Echoes? I haven't noticed them. coming in to play at all.
Either my Genny's overleveled or yours is underleveled.

There hasn't been such a thing. Though considering Retreat and Turnwheel, they likely just scrapped the worst mechanic

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

how did you beat Greith? I still trying to get passed that bs

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Nope, pretty sure they're gone. Which is a good thing for me, that desert map with all the archers in the little building took me like 60 turns. xP

Grieth was pretty simple by comparison. Well, I guess I got lucky in that Leon decided to crit that Heavy Draw on Grieth, but that aside. Guess he didn't like Grieth's proposition of dragging everyone to hell with him. "Excuse me!?" Pretty sure I'm hitting as many crits as normal hits. Nearly everyone has like 15% crit rates, it's so dumb. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Nope, pretty sure they're gone. Which is a good thing for me, that desert map with all the archers in the little building took me like 60 turns. xP

Grieth was pretty simple by comparison. Well, I guess I got lucky in that Leon decided to crit that Heavy Draw on Grieth, but that aside. Guess he didn't like Grieth's proposition of dragging everyone to hell with him. "Excuse me!?" Pretty sure I'm hitting as many crits as normal hits. Nearly everyone has like 15% crit rates, it's so dumb. :p
I forged the Golden Dagger as money's an absolute breeze to get
Celica has a 23% crit chance when using that thing now lol

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
how did you beat Greith? I still trying to get passed that bs
The map or Greith specifically?

For Greith I baited him out with Valbar and then trapped him by surrounding him with Valbar, Saber, and some Invoke soldiers.

Making sure Genny knows both Invoke and Expel for this map is fairly important. Enemies tend to target the Invoke summons and Expel can clear a lot of the monsters summons.

As for overall strategy....idk. I had Leon bait out the Sniper in the central room and then kill him. Then it was mostly just a matter of slowly inching my way forward through the two hallways. Sent most of my units up along the rightmost hallway because that's where most of the enemies ended up concentrating.

I did have both Palla and Catria, and they helped out a little. Mainly buy killing the sniper on the left of the map and chasing a swordie who ran to the supplies in the southeast of the map. Also should note that none of my guys were promoted except Atlas. And technically Valbar, I guess.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I assume the character that retreats after you fight Deen/Sonya is the one that you recruit, right?

I assumed you had to fight the one you wanted and then they'd join you but I fought Sonya and don't have her (she's the one I want) so...

At least I didn't save, to be safe. It also means I can get the experience of playing both maps.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The Virtual-On poll was kind of expected. Some Virtuaroids got some support, but Temjin got the most due to being one of the more recognizable ones. Strange how I've expected more since the game is getting an anime this year and all.

Next up will be yet another fighting game franchise under Sega's roof. Given the scope of the series' roster, I can tell I might need a few of these for Virtual Fighter in the end. Your choices are Jacky Bryant, Sarah Bryant, Akira Yuki, and Dural.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Kind of wish we've gotten a 6th game by now. And the Dead or Alive guest roles just don't cut it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So I assume the character that retreats after you fight Deen/Sonya is the one that you recruit, right?

I assumed you had to fight the one you wanted and then they'd join you but I fought Sonya and don't have her (she's the one I want) so...

At least I didn't save, to be safe. It also means I can get the experience of playing both maps.
You mixed it up.
Also, I ranted about getting crit by a Witch, but goddamn, do they have cool designs

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
The map or Greith specifically?

For Greith I baited him out with Valbar and then trapped him by surrounding him with Valbar, Saber, and some Invoke soldiers.

Making sure Genny knows both Invoke and Expel for this map is fairly important. Enemies tend to target the Invoke summons and Expel can clear a lot of the monsters summons.

As for overall strategy....idk. I had Leon bait out the Sniper in the central room and then kill him. Then it was mostly just a matter of slowly inching my way forward through the two hallways. Sent most of my units up along the rightmost hallway because that's where most of the enemies ended up concentrating.

I did have both Palla and Catria, and they helped out a little. Mainly buy killing the sniper on the left of the map and chasing a swordie who ran to the supplies in the southeast of the map. Also should note that none of my guys were promoted except Atlas. And technically Valbar, I guess.
The map, I got to Him one but... then Celica died and that was it for me

the one you kill is the one you get. You have to beat Greith before getting them

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just saw the FINAL episode of Samurai Jack. Beautiful ending and so worth that 16 year wait (I actually cried a bit). I'm a bit sad that there won't be anymore though.

Thank you, Genndy Tartakovsky, THANK YOU!

Expect a SERIES review (including the comics) down the road.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
'Changed my avi for my favourite character in SJ season 5.
Because he is the only one where everyone could agree that, while not that important, he was the most likeable of the cast.
Heck yeah, babe.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I find it equal to Fates so far.

Presentation in terms of voice acting and the artstyle is fantastic. The character interactions are really well written for the most part. Alm is a great protagonist. I think some of the more traditional mechanics like the way archers and magic work are a lot of fun and I like having no weapon triangle. Mila's Turnwheel is great if I make a stupid mistake or get screwed by RNG. Dungeon exploration should be a series staple.

However, the maps are super basic. The game hasn't been very difficult at all because of it and I'm on the highest difficulty setting out of what's available to you on boot up. The main storyline is pretty basic and not a lot happens most of the time. Celica is a bad protagonist. Also amiibo support is a huge downgrade from Fates, I haven't even really used it even though I have all of the amiibo compatible with the game except for the Corrins.

Overall, Fates was a more engaging strategy experience with a lot of customisation. Soundtrack was better too. Echoes has better general presentation and the characters are a lot better, as is the world building. It also has a lot of interesting mechanics and gameplay aspects like dungeon exploration add a lot of variety. However, the lack of interesting maps and lack of general difficulty prevent the mechanics from reaching their full potential.
There's no weapon triangle in this game? Okay then. Truth be told, I actually prefer the artstyle and character design of Echoes out of all three, and I'm pretty sure both those are from someone new right?

I have to agree on the amiibo, though it doesn't seem like I'll be using them anyways. Soundtrack getting better is no surprise. Seems like this game's an improvement in some mechanics and areas in comparison. Though the game's different from other FEs, and I appreciate it for being so.

Thanks for your insight by the way.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Can I just say how much I love Genny's Expel? It makes dealing with Cantors a lot less of a slog.

Sonia, both of my current mages are a little lacking right now and the immediate power she brings in that class made her preferable to Deen.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I just lost all my progress in Shadow the Edgehog and Sonic Heroes

Ughhhhghhghhh
Ack, that's no fun. Good luck with the future endeavor of getting back to where you were in those games.
On another note, since it's related, do you have a favorite Sonic game?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Ack, that's no fun. Good luck with the future endeavor of getting back to where you were in those games.
On another note, since it's related, do you have a favorite Sonic game?
Yep. Sonic CD, 3&K and Generation are my personal favorites. I also like 06 in the same I love the Room.

I should put up my Genesis era game reviews up later today

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is why I have trust issues.
It's definitely the one you don't fight though, getting killed actually means dying in this game
The Power Rangers movie might be saved! The toys have sold n absolute ****ton, and that's one of the reasons the Transformers movies are so successful
World War III prevented, poverty extinguished and EOV localisation incoming

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The Power Rangers movie might be saved! The toys have sold n absolute ****ton, and that's one of the reasons the Transformers movies are so successful
The movie didn't even hit 150 million worldwide. There won't be a sequel. Everywhere not America completely rejected it

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Yep. Sonic CD, 3&K and Generation are my personal favorites. I also like 06 in the same I love the Room.

I should put up my Genesis era game reviews up later today
I'd love to see those reviews! :)
3&K, Colors (console), and Generations (console) are my top 3. I also like Adventure 2 a lot.
I recently bought A2 off a friend who was selling all his games, so now I can replay A2 whenever I want haha

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just spent over an hour on the Grieth map. Becomes a bit of a slog near the end because of the Cantor but it's definitely the most challenging map so far. Had to use Mila's Turnwheel once but that was because the enemy got a lucky crit on one of my units (think it is was Mae, and it was like, a 6% chance). Deen's map was a good challenge too. Leon completely decimates on the desert maps though, he's gained so many levels on them, lol. Think I'll definitely be able to max him out before making him a Sniper.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Be Me
>Turn Left begins at the same time than an Indiana Jones marathon.
>I put a Indy themed diecast next to the TV because it is fitting.
>Said scale car is the number 18
>The cautions and commercials of the race allow me to watch all the important movie scenes
>Yo, Temple of Doom is dark
>Intense channel switching
>Credits of the Last Crusade happen during the final laps of the race allowing me to change channel
>The car number 18 wins the race
>Race ends
>I change channel just in time to see the opening of Kingdom of Crystal Skull.
>mfw perfect synergy between programs.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
STOP TRYING TO RUIN MY DREAMS
A SEQUEL WOULD BE MUCH BETTER SOLELY BECAUSE IT'D BE A GREEN WITH EVIL ADAPTATION
Won't mean much until you make better fight scenes. AKA Green With Evil's biggest positive

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'd love to see those reviews! :)
3&K, Colors (console), and Generations (console) are my top 3. I also like Adventure 2 a lot.
I recently bought A2 off a friend who was selling all his games, so now I can replay A2 whenever I want haha
I enjoy the Adventure games even if I had to quite a few mods so they feel as dated. I need my 16:9 resolution. And better camera.
STOP TRYING TO RUIN MY DREAMS
A SEQUEL WOULD BE MUCH BETTER SOLELY BECAUSE IT'D BE A GREEN WITH EVIL ADAPTATION
BUT WOULD IT MAKE MONEY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom