• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Samurai Jack has come to an end.

Despite thinking we needed a couple more episodes, this final season gave us a very satisfying conclusion to this beloved series.

Thank you, Genndy Tartakovsky for making such a great show. Your works have been a major inspiration to me. And thank you, Adult Swim for making this final season possible.

Chrono.

Samurai Jack's ending got hilarious as soon as I realized it was literally the Gurren Lagann ending.

D

Deleted member

My third most recent post (not counting this one) mentioned Corrin.

This was in response to one of Aussie's Smash polls, which had a character named Corn from Jet Set Radio as one of the options.
I know, I'm just pulling your leg is all. Nothing to take seriously.

I mean, I've been binge watching subbed anime all day if that means anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's a question.

How well do you think ARMS will do?

Will it be the next Splatoon?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Here's a question.

I think it'll do well...there's a lot of hype behind the game, and hearing from those who's played it the motion controls are quite responsive...however it still has the option for traditional controls...

Whether it'll do as well as Splatoon, it's hard to say really...it might be unfair to really compare it to Splatoon tbh...even though the game is being handled more or less the same way in terms of it's marketing and the continued support post-release...It's still a completely different IP from a different genre and it needs to be able to stand on it's own if it's going to succeed instead of trying to make lightning strike twice...

It'll be easier to gauge how well it'll do when the Testpunch is available and more people are able to play it and are able to form a proper opinion on the game, the first global Testfire was really where Splatoon took off...

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Hopefully it gets a huge critical and commercial success so we can witness the rise of ARMSboards (Smashboards? Splatboards? :) ) or its own sub-forum on Smashboards like that of Pokken's.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
THE ****ING GURREN LAGANN ENDING.
NO, GENNDY, NO! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME. IT WAS HARD THE FIRST TIME, BUT HERE IT'S EVEN WORSE. :c
Tough, I take this ending over an Berserk-like ending. Bittersweet is better than total doom, right?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Here's a question.

I think (critically) it will do well - probably the between the 80s zone and the occasional 9 out of tens, so it'll probably get a good fanfare from the critics. Commercially I think it'll probably do fine as well.

As to whether it would be the next Splatoon? That's quite a task, but I imagine if it's successful and can sustain a fanbase for a good amount of time, then I think Nintendo adding to it over time and growing it into another franchise could be good.

And Samurai Jack Season 5 has ended... Yep, after this Semester is over, I've got a lot to catch up on, from the old days and the new seasons.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Visiting KYM after Samurai Jack's ending sure was a great idea.
jackym.PNG

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The finale for Samurai Jack was wonderful:

I was just waiting to see so many of Jack's old allies come back to save him and fight back at the very last minute; I was not disappointed, quite the contrary. The woolies, The (no longer) blind archers, the rave teens, the dogs from the premiere movie, the Scotsman and his army of daughters, etc....almost everyone! They didn't do much against Aku until later on (probably why they opted not to have any lesser antagonists like Scaramouche or Demongo participate in the final battle; Aku hardly needs an army to battle another army when he can completely take it down all on his own) Thankfully however, this one was still able to really hold out. Thank you Scotsman!

The fact that Aku broadcasted the old intro in-universe was just wonderful. It's kind of like a tie-in explanation of why Aku narrated it of sorts; Aku's probably broadcasted it plenty of times before to explain his current position in his new world.

It was heartwarming seeing Jack just smile at the sight of all his old friends and allies, and his interaction with the Scotsman again, even if he's a ghost. I do kinda wish they would've gotten to interact a bit more, but ah well. It was good for what it was.

Oh, and Aku's reaction when he realized Ashi used her newfound Aku powers to take them back to the past? So satisfying. All it was was a quiet "Oh no...". He knew he was done for at that point. He just knew.

Ultimately, the ending was bittersweet since Ashi could no longer exist with Aku's timeline was erased (I don't think it had to do with Aku himself being destroyed; her reaction upon his initial destruction seemed more like she felt his death than anything else) and she ceased to exist moments before she and Jack were wed. It was tragic, and while she did become a memory like he feared....at least it's going to be a fond one, now that peace has been brought back to his world, Aku being no more. He's got his family back to comfort him, too, if no one else. Not to mention all of the other rulers he trained with over the years showed up in celebration, too. That was a really great throwback, and I'm glad they didn't miss the perfect opportunity to show them again.

It's been a great ride everyone. I know a couple other people here have said it already, but......hey, this show was a part of my childhood, so I feel I should say it as well: Thank you Genndy for giving us a conclusion to the wonderful story you started so many years ago. It was well worth the wait. It really and truly was.

Here's a question.

I don't think it's going to reach Splatoon levels of success, especially not immediately, but I still think it's definitely going to be very successful.

I could even see a potential sequel happening if it does well enough; otherwise, if on the off chance it doesn't live up to the hype and expectations, it'll probably stick to being just one unique little game.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
TFS' Mr Popo and his pecking order and Gowasu being a Godtuber has basically been made canon in the newest episode Dragon Ball Super.

I love this series so much :laugh:
Yeah with that and the Samurai Jack finale, it was a good Saturday. I think my only complaint is that I wished that Jack got the usual 13 episode run instead of 10.

But at least Gowasu's Kamitube career is gonna take off.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Now I visited an imageboard; the ARMS section now has a full page of unsafe Twintelle images with a safe MinMin one on the lower corner.

Rest In Maruchan.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So here's a question for y'all playing Echoes:

Between Sonya and Deen, who did you pick/plan on picking?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Just realized something.

We finally live in an era where we can google "Jack returns to the past" and get legitimate results.

That gives me and many other people a great sense of satisfaction for sure.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's a question.

It'll be successful and have a fairly high attach rate among people who already own a Switch.

I don't think it will be a system seller though.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Here's a question.

Hopefully, well enough for a sequel.
This sounds redundant given how many times I've said something to this effect, but it's always really sad to see a new IP fail in my eyes.

D

Deleted member

So since we're in less than a month away from this year's E3, how about speaking about our most and least favorite editions of it by Nintendo?
Afm:

Most favorite: 2010
For DKCR, Kid Icarus: Uprising and 3DS's reveal and line-up alone.

Least favorite: 2015
For having succeeded to be worse than 2003, 2008 and 2012 combined.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
****, I have find the memes the most right about me.
FeelsBadMan:sadsheep:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"Hmm, think I'll play some Echoes now"

*sees this on my YouTube feed*

"Echoes can wait"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom