• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

He's Virion
Only LESS subtlety fabulous
Ah, so he is me.

Though looking him up now, he actually does have a similar body type(twig) and hair length, so yeah, most likely. By that I mean definitely
hes not absolutly you
ou because his hair is purple and that makes him better then you in every way
It's funny you mention that because my Mom actually does want to dye my hair purple.

Also, nevermind my purple haired avatar. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So, to anyone who has reached Ch.3, since that's when the difficulty really starts to kick in, what do you think is the recommended difficulty to play the game through the first time?
I keep hearing mixed thoughts that Hard isn't THAT hard and Normal gets harder the more you progress but I'd like a comparison to Conquest's difficulty settings, if possible
I am playing on Normal/Classic just to get a feel for the game and play through it quicker so that I can go back to my Sacred Stones playthrough, so I'll give my two cents:

The first two chapters were not too difficult. Most of Chapter 1's maps were rather easy, with the closest "hard battle" being the Battle for Zofia Castle, but that was mainly because Slayde moves and I had to worry about dealing with him first while some of the archers I tried to attack earlier retreated to be healed. Chapter 2 was fairly easy as well, but the only two difficult maps was the one with the Cantor and one of the dungeon enemies (the gargogyle-like creature that initially disguises itself as a statue). The latter did require some thinking.

I currently just completed the first Chapter 3 where you first battle Fernand, and I definitely noticed a difficulty spike there, at least from that one battle alone. The enemies on the upper portion charge down first, and there's a witch you need to take care of first. After about two turns, Fernand's group starts to move toward your units from the left, and so does the boss from the top. What made it troublesome is that an Arcanist is among Fernand's group of Cavaliers, so I had to be cautious about throwing all of my Defense-oriented units at Fernand and his Cavaliers because of that enemy mage. With the upper portion of enemies, you also need to worry about two Archers and two Knights. I will also admit part of what the battle challenging was that the RNG was not on my side, as one of the Knights I was trying to kill dodged both of my tanky Cleric!Faye's Nosferatus, and multiple units missed there attack on Fernand when they had about 88% chance to attack, including Alm and his Lightning Sword.

Regarding difficulty comparison with Conquest, I played that route on Normal/Classic starting in Chapter 12, and compared that to what I've played of Echoes thus far, Conquest was definitely harder. I found myself restarting for lost units more often in Conquest than I did in Echoes, who I have yet to lose even though I had some very close calls (namely Boey in one of the pirate maps).

I've also heard stories the postgame is very difficult even on Normal, but I am yet to experience that myself.

D

Deleted member

I think Ill still take Leon Unless you can snipe fools with an arrow.

Speaking of sniping, should I make Leon a Sniper?
Yeah, good point, I tried using an arrow once, I was pretty bad.

I'm a good shot with a gun though as long as it doesn't kick too hard, but that's different from shooting a bow.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Think I'll record the show after Samurai Jack just in case the finale is an hour special.

Don't want to miss any of this.

D

Deleted member

@Shishœ Genny was still Level 5. Got Leon now, he's ABSOLUTELY @Prince Alucard Though I think it's funny a sidequest is being built-up with "AY ***** YOU ****IN BETTER HAVE SERAPHIM MAGIC". I'm just sitting there thinking "I learned that ages ago". Are the other non-Leons necessary? Already have Sabar as what's pretty much a Myrmidon and Knights have never been good
Also, if you don't like Mae, you must have sunshine, rainbows and oxygen
Lv5? Damn, it's earlier than I thought

Mercenaries are literally the best class in the game, only competing with Pegasus because flying and slayer skill
Valbar is a ****ing tank and while he loses out some use due to lol 4 Mov lol, he retains his use as a tank for pretty much the entirety of the game. He's also a good candidate for heavy equipment since he doesn't care about the speed loss
"Atlas has left"

BABY COME BACK
You can blame it all on me
Atlas and the Whitewing sisters will leave your party if you try to go north before completing the east section of Celica's side on Ch.3

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Valbar is a ****ing tank
Unless its a mage involved you mean
Atlas and the Whitewing sisters will leave your party if you try to go north before completing the east section of Celica's side on Ch.3
I leaned that the hard way lol. I got him back and Im doing it now. Im not letting the handsome man go again

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Unless its a mage involved you mean

I leaned that the hard way lol. I got him back and Im doing it now. Im not letting the handsome man go again
That's what people generally mean unless they especifically say "mage tank"
No one but DFs tanks mages in Echoes

D

Deleted member

its a shame I cant make anyone any class I want. I kinda wanna make Leon a mage for the hell of it lol
A Villager's Fork should be released in a free DLC in, like, a week or two
Those allow you to class change anyone holding them into a Villager when in a Mila Statue and thus promote into any of the possible classes for their gender
Another one should be released later too so we should have two avaible VFs like Japan in at least a month
EDIT: Though honestly, anyone that's not a Villager or Mercenary shouldn't change to Mage because they all get a generic spellset
Fire, Thunder, Recover and Aura isn't really that tempting to go for

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I've been playing DKCR 3D for the last while. It's damn good. Glad you don't have to waggle to get a roll.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just got to the Desert Stronghold, now to just take down Deen and take the fortress.

Also, what's the best class for Atlas honestly? It seems like no matter what he's going to be facing competition that are better then him, so what's some of his good options?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Gods Python is the ****tiest unit.

Just got to the Desert Stronghold, now to just take down Deen and take the fortress.

Also, what's the best class for Atlas honestly? It seems like no matter what he's going to be facing competition that are better then him, so what's some of his good options?
Archer! Since Celica only will ever get Leon.

D

Deleted member

Archer if you don't really plan on investing on him and want him as a filler unit
Same for Mage and eventual Recover and Rescue
Cavalier helps him a little and only competes with one other unit(though said unit likely overshadows him completely)
Mercenary fixes all of his problems and he can later reclass out of it and become a ****ing beast
Lol soldier lol

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Archer if you don't really plan on investing on him and want him as a filler unit
Cavalier helps him a little and only competes with one other unit(though said unit likely overshadows him completely)
Mercenary fixes all of his problems and he can later reclass out of it and become a ****ing beast
Lol soldier lol

Why would you make him a Mercenary when you get 3 or potentially 4 Mercenaries in Celica's route.

D

Deleted member

Why would you make him a Mercenary when you get 3 or potentially 4 Mercenaries in Celica's route.
Because having another Mercenary doesn't hurt you at all when Dread Fighter is one of the best classes in the game
Besides, Jesse needs to be grinded to catch up and getting Dean is 50/50
Echoes doesn't really need unit variety when it only has 8 class lines so it's highly likely you'll always have at least one of each

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Because having another Mercenary doesn't hurt you at all when Dread Fighter is one of the best classes in the game
Besides, Jesse needs to be grinded to catch up and getting Dean is 50/50
Echoes doesn't really need unit variety when it only has 8 class lines so it's highly likely you'll always have at least one of each

Jesse didn't really need much grinding when in the span of one battle I already got him as a Myrmidon.

But yeah I expect most people to choose Sonya.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Gods Python is the ****tiest unit.

Archer! Since Celica only will ever get Leon.
Lol soldier lol

Thanks, so out of those I like Mage or Mercenary the most since despite the competition, I don't have to invest much in the former and I get Rescue while the latter patches up all of his issues and Mercenary is a great class anyway. Archer would be OK, but his poor Skill makes me wary of that choice.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Thanks, so out of those I like Mage or Mercenary the most since despite the competition, I don't have to invest much in the former and I get Rescue while the latter patches up all of his issues and Mercenary is a great class anyway. Archer would be OK, but his poor Skill makes me wary of that choice.
My Atlas is an archer and he puts in work. He hits cavaliers for 12 damage all the time, and he always doubles everything. The only thing he isn't good against is monsters really, and probably knights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom