• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm feeling so freaking good right now. Played some Diablo 3 and after a long time of searching, I FINALLY found the Whimsyshire Spectrum sword. Its basically a sword with a beam of rainbow light as the actual blade.

I don't actually care about the weapon itself- I just wanted the transmog so I could change my weapons to look like it. Specifically my Crusader's weapon, Johanna's Argument.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
AAAAYYYLMAO

Of course no one would notice Rouge's face, people are always starring lower.

People have bad taste.
Not me. I'm not into furry crap.

And Alien was awful. The best part was getting the red band Hitman's Bodyguard trailer. And James Franco's stellar performance

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Vyse won. It's well deserved because he's the captain of the Blue Rogues. There was some support for Aika, Fina, and Ramirez however. Though the fans can agree that he makes the most sense as the Skies of Arcadia rep.

Next is another fan favorite fighting game series by Sega, one about virtual giant robots. Virtua-On is also having an anime crossover and a new game this year. Your choices are Temjin, Fei-Yen KN, Alpharmd C, and Cypher.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Not me. I'm not into furry crap.

And Alien was awful. The best part was getting the red band Hitman's Bodyguard trailer. And James Franco's stellar performance
All I wanna know is if James Franco and Danny McBride survive the film.

Chrono.

The Switch version doesn't seem to be physical yet though.
Physical shmisical.

The improvements are good enough to make completely discard the 3DS version. Memory might be an issue, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
As in the new one or the original?

Cause the original is a masterpiece.
Naw. The original is great.

Aliens is better though.
He's referring to Alien: Covenant, the new one.

I'm not surprised, the last good Alien movie was Aliens...
Bingo.
All I wanna know is if James Franco and Danny McBride survive the film.
Franco dies before we see any aliens. First ten minutes. He's basically a cameo.
McBride makes it to the end though

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Battle at Desaix Fort was pretty challenging. Trying to approach the fort was tough, and so was the unexpected witch at the far corner of the map. Still, I gotta say, I really enjoyed the map.

Forsyth was key in tanking all of those Knights, and Luthier got that clutch critical on the boss so that Alm could finish the last of the Knights (Clive, Forsyth, and Mage!Kliff took care of the others).

I also unlocked Forsyth and Python's memory prism, and from that and their supports combined, both are becoming my favorite characters thus far. I like how their personalities contrast, yet they are still very close. I can even relate to both: I can be laid-back in life much like Python, but I can also be emotional and energizing yet feel down from a criticism like Forsyth.

I also recruited Mathilda, and she too seems like a great character. I unlocked one base conversation from her, and her backstory is already shaping to be interesting.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So going back to BotW for a second...a 5th Divine Beast for DLC?
As is a 5th Divine Beast would be very underwhelming however HMK did propose a neat idea where the Divine Beast acts as a mode of transportation to a new area outside of Hyrule...perhaps working like some of the ferries from Pokemon games where it takes you to a new island...perhaps this area that can incorporate the new original story into the game as well...

More lands to explore? I'm definitely down!

It would make sense for those of us who've already explored a large portion of Hyrule, as massive as it is it would definitely reinvigorate interest in the game adding new areas to explore as opposed to making everything in already familiar territory...

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I intend to get Echoes later today, but I don't think I'll start playing right away. I've got some University work to focus on, from assignments to studying for tests, so I might have to put it in the backlog. There's also the matter of having not finished Fates: Birthright as I intended to do before the release date, so there's that as well. If it comes to it, I may just have to put Fates aside to see if Echoes is a more enjoyable experience for me.

And Re: Destiny 2, I'm going to sit on the fence until some time after launch. Maybe a half-year or a full year to see what the community and critics think of it (and if they implement dedicated servers in that time, no real reason not to unless being time-pressed or laziness), then I'll consider purchasing the game, probably on PC. It's been a rule of mine this year to not purchase games recklessly unless I feel confident in the product when I start playing it. So far, it's been going well, and the only game that I found unenjoyable was PlayerUnknown's BattleGrounds. I just couldn't get into it, not to mention being quickly put off by the 'one against everyone' gameplay. I'd rather play my games without a constant paranoia of getting attacked by something I can't see from several hundred meters away.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I'm a little farther on. Just picked up Atlas.

I think my biggest issue with the game is definitely the maps. They're just way too simplistic. They either come in "open field" or "chokepoints where one character can obviously tank everything" varieties. There really hasn't been anything in the way of interesting map gimmicks. The only map that has been memorable so far is Zofia Castle due to it's varied elevation and being a relatively complex structure compared to everything else in the game. I think having to play as Celica for a while after Act 1 is part of the problem. Because her group starts at low levels and you go back to having a tiny squad, the maps have to stay super simplistic for a while as a result. The boat maps in particular are just repetitive and super easy, and the one with the Cantor is just a grind (literally and figuratively because you'll get free EXP from it, lol).

Also just to comment on the story a bit (actual spoilers ahead including pictures):

Celica went from being "a decent protagonist with a super attractive design" to "a whiny brat with a super attractive design that's a little less attractive because she's basically a five year old mentally" in this one scene:

WVW69kViIZ00KvwJWk.jpg

Like she spent this whole game being absolutely ****in' wet for Alm (seriously, she sounds on the brink of a climax whenever she talks about him - you can tell she's been essentially letting her imagination make her fall further in love with him while they are apart) and then she finally gets to see him after all these years. Then she finds out he's effectively living out his childhood dream of being someone who can make a difference in the world and treats him like dirt over it. I get that she's supposed to be worried about him and afraid of losing him and that she thinks there is a better way to achieve peace, but she's not at all dignified in this scene and just treats Alm like utter **** for no reason. It gets worse when you realise that she was the one who took a detour from her quest just so she could see Alm, yet still has the nerve to act high and mighty about how her cause is soooo much better and righteous, even though Alm was dead focused on his goals and her showing up and acting like this only serves to add more strain to the internal, emotional conflict he's been having over his actions (he still takes it like a champ though and gets on with things...unlike Celica, who proceeds to almost get herself and her friends killed all because she was feeling too hot and bothered by the possibility of running into Alm after her little spat with him). And that's not even getting into the fact that upon Alm mentioning that there may be a Zofian princess still alive who can inherit the throne (that princess is Celica and she knows it), she thinks it would be just the nicest thing to try and crush those hopes and tell him that the princess doesn't exist. I get that she can't reveal herself to be the heir he's talking about as that would cause a multitude of problems, but she didn't have to crush his hopes like that. If anything, this would have been a perfect moment to insert a bit of a ship tease line like her saying "I don't know anything about this princess you speak of, but I have faith you will find her one day, if she doesn't find you first...". And no, that wouldn't have raised any suspicion in Alm since for as good a person and strong a warrior he is, he isn't exactly bright. I mean he still hasn't figured out he's not related to Mycen despite literally being told it, and even directly makes a slightly cheeky remark towards Celica when she starts acting up, saying that "if I didn't know better, I'd swear I was talking to a blue blood".

I get that they have to have them separate, but there were so many better ways to handle this scene and they chose the worst possible one, trying to force soap opera drama into the equation. Celica just completely breaks character with for this scene. I understand they were working off what was already in Gaiden and the scene may have been like that there, but they've already added characters (oh btw Faye > Celica because of this scene) and what not that weren't there before so there was no reason they couldn't re-write an obviously bad scene (unless they re-wrote it and made it bad in which case shame on them).

In general, the story has been fairly weak so far. The character interactions and the writing for them are amazingly good (except for the above), but after Act 1, not a lot happens concerning plot progression. Act 2 was a whole lot of nothing. Unless you count the map with Valbar and the Necrodragon and it's dungeon, which are both technically side activities IIRC, nothing happens in Act 2 since it's all just boat maps and after that it's straight to Celica channelling her inner five year old.

In more positive spirits, I ship AlmxClair, they're so damn great together.

WVW69kVjPncsG6VTVq.jpg

Also Kliff is me IRL.

WVW69kVjWC8D62EsDa.jpg

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Physical shmisical.

The improvements are good enough to make completely discard the 3DS version. Memory might be an issue, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
I just normally prefer physical copies of games. If the option is there at all anyhow. Mighty Gunvolt Burst is something I'm getting on 3DS if I don't get a Switch real soon.

Chrono.

A Fast Racing RMX story;

Having a decent 2nd place lead only for a bunch of jackasses to pass you right at the finish line.

feelsbadman

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Just finished watching this video on White Washing and Asian Erasure

inb4: someone mentions how this all doesn't matter.

edit:
There's a follow up video as well

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
A Fast Racing RMX story;

Having a decent 2nd place lead only for a bunch of jackasses to pass you right at the finish line.

feelsbadman
Sounds like every other race I have in Mario Kart...

except you get passed because of a barrage of green, red, and blue shells....

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Everyone here enjoying on that Fire Emblem Echoes and I'm just like... damn I don't have the game yet Lol

I do plan on getting it eventually; just that it's not on my top priority list at the moment (since I'm more focused with enriching my experience with the ones I've purchased with DLC and stuff). Echoes still holding up to great promise.

As for those playing it, how's the promise it brings? Is it already the best 3DS FE out of all three first impression? I do certainly hope so once I get it. XD

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Thanks to some trade-in money on top of my existing pre-order, I was able to pick up my copy at a very cheap price, to such an extent I just had to buy the Alm amiibo since it was such a bargain. I'll probably start playing later tonight once I've done enough uni revision/homework, but I'm definitely going to have a blast with it.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Huh. So, I just had a thought.
The Dagon class in SoV might be based on the cut Sea Dragon class from Mystery of the Emblem.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Everyone here enjoying on that Fire Emblem Echoes and I'm just like... damn I don't have the game yet Lol

I do plan on getting it eventually; just that it's not on my top priority list at the moment (since I'm more focused with enriching my experience with the ones I've purchased with DLC and stuff). Echoes still holding up to great promise.

As for those playing it, how's the promise it brings? Is it already the best 3DS FE out of all three first impression? I do certainly hope so once I get it. XD
I find it equal to Fates so far.

Presentation in terms of voice acting and the artstyle is fantastic. The character interactions are really well written for the most part. Alm is a great protagonist. I think some of the more traditional mechanics like the way archers and magic work are a lot of fun and I like having no weapon triangle. Mila's Turnwheel is great if I make a stupid mistake or get screwed by RNG. Dungeon exploration should be a series staple.

However, the maps are super basic. The game hasn't been very difficult at all because of it and I'm on the highest difficulty setting out of what's available to you on boot up. The main storyline is pretty basic and not a lot happens most of the time. Celica is a bad protagonist. Also amiibo support is a huge downgrade from Fates, I haven't even really used it even though I have all of the amiibo compatible with the game except for the Corrins.

Overall, Fates was a more engaging strategy experience with a lot of customisation. Soundtrack was better too. Echoes has better general presentation and the characters are a lot better, as is the world building. It also has a lot of interesting mechanics and gameplay aspects like dungeon exploration add a lot of variety. However, the lack of interesting maps and lack of general difficulty prevent the mechanics from reaching their full potential.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well... Samurai Jack is finally over.

Gotta get back to the past, indeed.

A bittersweet ending, but a satisfying one nonetheless. There were some pacing issues here and there, but I'm just glad the show finally got the proper ending it deserved after 13 years.

It was one hell of a ride, Genndy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom