• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey guys; I met RogersBase at the convention not too long ago!

And I gotta say, he's a really nice guy. We talked about Smash for a bit which includes me having mentioned Smashboards which he seemed to recognize right away. In general, it felt awesome and I even got to mention my desired characters to him; K.Rool, Isaac, and Shantae. He actually
told me not to give up with the support for Shantae after I mentioned I am the current owner of the support thread. :)

Yes, I got a picture with him to prove it, but I'm not so sure if I should share it... unless you guys really want to see it. :p
Rogersbase is probably one of my most favorite Youtuber, I had share nearly same opinions with him. And he also enjoys One Piece and My Hero Academia. I also support Shantae and Shovel Knight for Smash Bros.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh FFS...

Third party developers are being dumb again...

Destiny 2's not coming to the Switch because 'it's unrealistic to bring an online only game to a portable system'...

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Switch does have online only games like Steep already ported on the system...not that I would've been excited for Destiny or anything but a bs excuse like this is just pathetic...

Its understandable if they feel the system won't run the game like for Overwatch or FFXV, but because its online only? Srsly?!
I knew something felt wrong about this, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what.

Then I remembered Voez can only be played on the touch screen.

. . .It's a hybrid. If your game needs some weird niche, it can do that too. If the problem is they don't think the connection will be strong enough, fine then, but just come out and say it. Voez is way more restrictive in terms of play formats than online-only gameplay would be, there are at least several situations you can get a connection via handheld play.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This makes me wonder how written characters would feel when someone is writing their lines. You know, like Wreck-It-Ralph, but with characters questioning their writer's choices. Could you imagine Faye thinking "Hey, I can talk about this and this as well. Let me talk about this." and whoever is writing her goes, "Hey, let's keep her talking about this." and Faye is thinking, "Why? I can do more than talk about the same thing. :sadeyes:"
That being said, I think I feel more sorry for her just because that someone decided to write her like that and now it might not be a while until she possibly gets more good qualities. I mean, even Tharja/Rhajat and Camilla, as obsessive they might be, at least do more regarding other things, can keep their obsession to a minimum in some cases and can even give other people their attention. Now I just fear on how they will handle the next obsessive character. I just certainly hope IS gets and understands the negative attention surrounding Faye's character and does not do a repeat.
It's sad considering that the writers in IS do know how to write a character whose crush for another doesn't consume the entire character so that they can focus on his/her other traits. Oboro is one example of "having a crush on another character" done right, where her feelings for Takumi are only brought up four times in all of Fates and the rest of her dialogue focuses on her other characteristics, which makes her feel as if her feelings toward Takumi isn't obsessive and is actually just a cute little crush and the two demonstrate they are close friends.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm mildly annoyed with Echoes. Spent more than an hour trying to grab that Dracoshield. It's possible, but I didn't grind stupidly hard. Enemy with 42 HP, naturally restores 5HP, can regain an additional 5HP depending on terrain. At that point I gave up as you only do 1HP per hit
There are some guides on how to do it but as long as you have someone who can tank against him(as in, survive an enemy phase and a Cleric who can heal fhem back up), you should be fine with Bolt Sword, Bow and Spell spamming from afar.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/204443-fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia/75291623
The real problem is getting the other boss away from your army as killing him makes the other leave, it's easy on Normal but he'll keep on pursuing you on Hard mode.

Though tbh, the real reqard for me is
Having Slayder survive the fight makes him reappear later in a battle during Ch.4 because, honestly, his appearence in the prologue makes him deserve more than what he normally gets
Also, I must say, the Turnwheel mechanic is something amazing I'm surprised the franchise hasn't done before and I for one welcome it
You mean BITE ZA DUSTO?
I can't wait for FE16 to add a mechanic where you can skip Enemy Phases :^)

Ivander

Smash Legend
You mean BITE ZA DUSTO?
I can't wait for FE16 to add a mechanic where you can skip Enemy Phases :^)

You could already do that in Fates. And I'm not just talking about pressing start during the Enemy phase to skip stuff, there is actually an option to allow you to skip the Enemy Phase after you finish your turn.

Or are you talking about something that skips the Enemy Phase and keeps enemies from moving? Something like from cards games and how in some card games, there are cards that can skip the enemies turn?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You could already do that in Fates. And I'm not just talking about pressing start during the Enemy phase to skip stuff, there is actually an option to allow you to skip the Enemy Phase after you finish your turn.

Or are you talking about something that skips the Enemy Phase and keeps enemies from moving? Something like from cards games and how in some card games, there are cards that can skip the enemies turn?
He clearly meant not having the enemy move
Plus they had that feature in Awakening too

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I doubt Destiny 2 would even run on Switch. It's 30 FPS on consoles
I was gonna say that whether it was CPU or GPU made a difference since the Switch actually has a better CPU than the PS4 IIRC, but since I wouldn't know whether you would have the answer as to which one was the problem I never made the post.

Then I saw a NeoGAF thread title saying Destiny 2's 30 FPS was due to the CPU. . .

The Switch might actually be able to manage Destiny 2. It's the GPU that's the problem, it can keep up CPU wise just fine.

*EDIT* In English: Destiny 2's problem isn't a "muh graphics" problem so much as a "can't do the math" problem. Switch has weaker graphics but is fine at math even when compared to the PS4.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, to anyone who has reached Ch.3, since that's when the difficulty really starts to kick in, what do you think is the recommended difficulty to play the game through the first time?
I keep hearing mixed thoughts that Hard isn't THAT hard and Normal gets harder the more you progress but I'd like a comparison to Conquest's difficulty settings, if possible

Well, that works, I guess, though yeah, I meant skip it so the enemy doesn't move
Holy ****, Celica learns ****ing Sol. Alm's Art costs HP and only deals a single strike meaning it's useless if Alm already outspeeds the enemy. NotSol doesn't seem to have any drawacks other than not being able to be used on Enemy Phase
Neither of them have any specific Arts though(well, they do but it's locked to their Prf weapons), I believe you're talking about one of the Golden Dagger's Art but I have no idea which weapon you put on Alm.
Arts aren't really that useful on fast characters with some exceptions.
Though actually, I think Alm later gets Twin Lions(can't remember which one of his Prf Swords gives him it though) which is effectivelly a Brave Sword when used.
Killer Bow has a similar skill called Hunter Volley so give that to one of your Archers when you eventually get it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I doubt Destiny 2 would even run on Switch. It's 30 FPS on consoles
I have my doubts also....but that wasn't the actual reasoning given on why the devs weren't going to put it on the system...

That's why I find it BS that they literally gave a ****ty excuse instead of something that's an actual concern, despite still praising the system for what it is...it seems very fishy to me...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So, to anyone who has reached Ch.3, since that's when the difficulty really starts to kick in, what do you think is the recommended difficulty to play the game through the first time?
I keep hearing mixed thoughts that Hard isn't THAT hard and Normal gets harder the more you progress but I'd like a comparison to Conquest's difficulty settings, if possible

Well, that works, I guess, though yeah, I meant skip it so the enemy doesn't move

Neither of them have any specific Arts though(well, they do but it's locked to their Prf weapons), I believe you're talking about one of the Golden Dagger's Art but I have no idea which weapon you put on Alm.
Arts aren't really that useful on fast characters with some exceptions.
Though actually, I think Alm later gets Twin Lions(can't remember which one of his Prf Swords gives him it though) which is effectivelly a Brave Sword when used.
Killer Bow has a similar skill called Hunter Volley so give that to one of your Archers when you eventually get it.

Iron Sword gives Monster Strike
Don't have any archers because I ****ed up.
Also holy **** Genny, Invoke is great for endgame I bet

D

Deleted member

I enjoying Re:Creators but something about it is throwing me off
What episode are you in? Because if you haven't gotten past Ep5, it's probably the talking.
Episode 6 put it back on its tracks and I hope Ep7 keeps on that.
Iron Sword gives Monster Strike
Don't have any archers because I ****ed up.
Also holy **** Genny, Invoke is great for endgame I bet
What... what did you do to Leon?

Invoke is great because the AI always prioritizes it(though some have reported the Ch.6 boss ignores them sometimes)
Silque gets Dread Fighters and Tatiana gets Pegasus, so they're better for chipping damage later on but all are good for aggro-drawing

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I have my doubts also....but that wasn't the actual reasoning given on why the devs weren't going to put it on the system...

That's why I find it BS that they literally gave a ****ty excuse instead of something that's an actual concern, despite still praising the system for what it is...it seems very fishy to me...
Again, it's at least mildly reassuring for the Switch's ability to handle it that apparently the FPS issue is related to something that ISN'T weaker on the Switch than on the PS4.

I can definitely see them not wanting to waste time scaling down assets, but looking into it slightly I don't think the PS4 issues actually necessarily correlate into Switch issues. The Switch would likely have it's own set of problems, but at minimum it wouldn't actually be WORSE about the issues that make the PS4 version run the way it does.

IMO I agree there's something odd about the quote you brought over. I can't say either way whether or not the Switch could actually run it but the PS4 running at 30FPS is something I doubt has as much to do with it as it seems at first glance due to the reason why.

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
What episode are you in? Because if you haven't gotten past Ep5, it's probably the talking.
I watched ep7 already it's just the MC. seems like a blank slate to me
It reminds me of Sonic X and how Chris was just there and I really want him to pick which it's starting up in ep 7 but very slowly

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Invoke is great because the AI always prioritizes it(though some have reported the Ch.6 boss ignores them sometimes)
Silque gets Dread Fighters and Tatiana gets Pegasus, so they're better for chipping damage later on but all are good for aggro-drawing

Who's Leon? Only just got Saber.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

It could be what I did.
I forgot to go to the place where you recruit Valbar, Kamui, and Leon at first. Good thing I noticed when I did. They only missed one fight.

D

Deleted member

I watched ep7 already it's just the MC. seems like a blank slate to me
It reminds me of Sonic X and how Chris was just there and I really want him to pick which it's starting up in ep 7 but very slowly
Haven't watched it yet but I don't mind him tbh, he's just there as a sort of "narrator"(as the opening of the first ep seems to imply it's him retelling the events of fhe show)
And whatever connection he has to Altair/Himegimi and Setsuna
I doubt he'll do much in terms of action but I think we'll see him grow after sometime, dude seems to be really depressed right now since he was likely friends with Setsuna and god knows what happened that he doesn't want to reveal the info about Altair
How did Genny learn Invoke already? Isn't that a Lv7 spell?
It could be what I did.
I forgot to go to the place where you recruit Valbar, Kamui, and Leon at first. Good thing I noticed when I did. They only missed one fight.
You can miss them? Though considering she said she just got Saber, I think she hasn't reached that part yet

Protip: do all areas in FE Echoes.
Also, backtracking will be needed in some situations, though I think only the Whitewings recruitment requires it

Also, for the love of god to all of you: on Ch.4, do the eastern section of Alm's side BEFORE going north. This is important. And don't kill lolis in Ch.3.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Haven't watched it yet but I don't mind him tbh, he's just there as a sort of "narrator"(as the opening of the first ep seems to imply it's him retelling the events of fhe show)
I doubt he'll do much in terms of action but I think we'll see him grow after sometime, dude seems to be really depressed right now since he was likely friends with Setsuna and god knows what happened that he doesn't want to reveal the info about Altair

How did Genny learn Invoke already? Isn't that a Lv7 spell?

You can miss them? Though considering she said she just got Saber, I think she hasn't reached that part yet

Protip: do all areas in FE Echoes.
Also, backtracking will be needed in some situations, though I think only the Whitewings recruitment requires it

Also, for the love of god to all of you: on Ch.4, do the eastern section of Alm's side BEFORE going north. This is important. And don't kill lolis in Ch.3.

If a unit's SO close to leveling up, I grind till they level up unless I get over half my maximum units available. Still need to promote Gray when I get on Alm's part again

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I mean.. stable wifi isnt everywhere
- Destiny
- Stable Connection

Oh FFS...

Third party developers are being dumb again...

Destiny 2's not coming to the Switch because 'it's unrealistic to bring an online only game to a portable system'...

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Switch does have online only games like Steep already ported on the system...not that I would've been excited for Destiny or anything but a bs excuse like this is just pathetic...

Its understandable if they feel the system won't run the game like for Overwatch or FFXV, but because its online only? Srsly?!
The real "excuse" is the Switch won't run it. All the consoles have it at 30fps because they can't do 60fps with it.

Even if it could run the game they still wouldn't do it because Bungie are too ****ing lazy. I mean they still aren't adding dedicated servers to Destiny 2.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
welp, guess im not getting Catria even though she survived the fight. She supposed to be right in the front of the harbor but shes nowhere to be found
do you plan on having Kamui, And Valbar?

Its not hard to pass them and forget them. I forgot those three come after Saber

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man my Kamui is awesome. Atlas also makes an amazing archer.

Also **** Cantors.
Greith's battle would actually be manageable if it didn't have that cantor.

Also also... I think I missed getting Palla and Maria?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
- Destiny
- Stable Connection

The real "excuse" is the Switch won't run it. All the consoles have it at 30fps because they can't do 60fps with it.

Even if it could run the game they still wouldn't do it because Bungie are too ****ing lazy. I mean they still aren't adding dedicated servers to Destiny 2.

As I mentioned earlier that wasn't reasoning they gave regarding why they aren't putting the game on the system...

Concerns about the game running is one thing but thinking its 'unrealistic' putting an online only game on a portable system (one that already has online only games mind you) is another...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
im still irritated Catria didnt show up. on the site it says
"Talk to her at the Zofia Harbor Entrance (if she survived the battle)"
And she did yet she isnt there. Do both of the girls have to survive? why didnt the site say that

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
As I mentioned earlier that wasn't reasoning they gave regarding why they aren't putting the game on the system...

Concerns about the game running is one thing but thinking its 'unrealistic' putting an online only game on a portable system (one that already has online only games mind you) is another...
And I'm saying Bungie's excuse is bull**** (like everything else they've said about Destiny 2).
The reality is Switch wouldn't be able to run it and even if it could Bungie still wouldn't port it because they're lazy has-beens.

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Oh I forget he's the narrator that's a valid reason why he probably not doing anything

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
And I'm saying Bungie's excuse is bull**** (like everything else they've said about Destiny 2).
The reality is Switch wouldn't be able to run it and even if it could Bungie still wouldn't port it because they're lazy has-beens.

If the Switch couldn't run it, wouldn't it make more sense to say the Switch simply isn't strong enough? Other companies have done that, nothing stopping them. It doesn't make sense to come up with a less logical explanation unless the more logical one doesn't actually hold water for some reason.

"They didn't feel like it" seems more plausible if they have to jump through hoops to excuse it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
As expected, all that Jet Set Radio hype was short lived and only five people voted in the Space Channel 5. At least on the bright side, Ulala had won with Pudding proving that she is a close rival. Jaguar and Purge didn't get nada, which i understandable since one is a side character and the other is a villain.

This next one is very special, one that many always wanted to see a sequel to for years. The one and only Skies of Arcadia, one of the best RPG's for the Dreamcast. Your homies are Vyse, Aika, Fina, and Ramirez.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
@Shishœ Genny was still Level 5. Got Leon now, he's ABSOLUTELY @Prince Alucard Though I think it's funny a sidequest is being built-up with "AY ***** YOU ****IN BETTER HAVE SERAPHIM MAGIC". I'm just sitting there thinking "I learned that ages ago". Are the other non-Leons necessary? Already have Sabar as what's pretty much a Myrmidon and Knights have never been good
Also, if you don't like Mae, you must have sunshine, rainbows and oxygen

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Holy **** I didnt expect Atlas to look like that
Atlas is really good honestly. Just don't make him a mercenary.

@Shishœ Genny was still Level 5. Got Leon now, he's ABSOLUTELY @Prince Alucard Though I think it's funny a sidequest is being built-up with "AY ***** YOU ****IN BETTER HAVE SERAPHIM MAGIC". I'm just sitting there thinking "I learned that ages ago". Are the other non-Leons necessary? Already have Sabar as what's pretty much a Myrmidon and Knights have never been good
Kamui is really good and Valbar takes 0-1 damage from everything that isn't a mage.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

He's absolutely me? How's he absolutely me?

No one can be as fab as I am.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom