• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So my Lukas finally reached Level 7 during the Zofia Castle battle, and apparently, he's now ready to promote. Should I promote him as soon as possible, or should he wait a few levels?

On a different note, I'm about halfway through Act 2:

That cantor map was quite the grind, but I managed to pull through. Leon really helped me out taking out those swarms of terrors. Mae gave the Cantor a good run for its money, and I managed to belittle his HP to 1 so he couldn't use any more magic. Kamui landed the final blow, and that was pretty satisfying.

My Boey got surprisingly good level ups it seems. Normally, he's supposed to be slow, but now, his speed rivals Mae's. I did give him some speed boosts back at the fountain at the start of Celica's portion, so that probably helped him reach where he is now.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Nah, they're not that obscure. Perhaps they're on the same scale business wise, but I'd definitely say that SNK is a lot less niche due to their classics such as Metal Slug and KoF.

Though SNK back in the day was doing a lot better than SNK playmore nowadays, that I'll give you.
Maybe I equate the two because so many of the Falcom fans I know are also SNK fans.

Though Falcom has sorta made a breakthrough in recent years. They're releasing more of their games stateside, and Trails in the Sky 3rd was even a top seller on Steam/GoG around when it launched. But maybe I'm biased as a fan of theirs.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So my Lukas finally reached Level 7 during the Zofia Castle battle, and apparently, he's now ready to promote. Should I promote him as soon as possible, or should he wait a few levels?

On a different note, I'm about halfway through Act 2:

That cantor map was quite the grind, but I managed to pull through. Leon really helped me out taking out those swarms of terrors. Mae gave the Cantor a good run for its money, and I managed to belittle his HP to 1 so he couldn't use any more magic. Kamui landed the final blow, and that was pretty satisfying.

My Boey got surprisingly good level ups it seems. Normally, he's supposed to be slow, but now, his speed rivals Mae's. I did give him some speed boosts back at the fountain at the start of Celica's portion, so that probably helped him reach where he is now.
It's always best to have your units get as hih leveled as possible before promoting

D

Deleted member

Maybe I equate the two because so many of the Falcom fans I know are also SNK fans.

Though Falcom has sorta made a breakthrough in recent years. They're releasing more of their games stateside, and Trails in the Sky 3rd was even a top seller on Steam/GoG around when it launched. But maybe I'm biased as a fan of theirs.
Perhaps, honestly, I haven't heard of Falcom at all up until now and I'm a SNK fan.

Though I have heard of YS.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Alright, finally got Pure Platinum on all Chapters in Bayonetta 2 on the 3rd Climax difficulty! Verse 9 from Chapter XVI was very tricky to finish, and I often had to start over just to get that one right, as that Verse has high score requirements, it seems.

Feels good that I've made it this far. Of course, I get nothing for it, but it was worth the try. Definitely moving onto Infinite Climax later on. I'll also see if I can do the same with the original Bayonetta game in the future.

What a ride!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've been playing Echoes throughout most of the latter half of the day (picked up mine around six-ish). Presentation-wise the game is phenomenal.

As far as villager promotions, I made Tobin an archer, Gray a mercenary, Kliff a mage, and Fae a cavalier (though I'm kinda wishing I made her another cleric instead...Silque is awesome though).

Currently I just recruited Saber.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That moment when one Jet Set Radio related post blew up and even Hideki Naganuma retweeted it....

Also, that poor cyclops goat in India is slowly suffering not being able blink. At best, they would have to "put it down" since they can't afford buying eyedrops for it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
User was warned for this post
I hope we don't get any SNK characters. Way too niche. And I thought Eliza was a preorder bonus?
I think she's both, so that if you didn't pre-order, you could still get her fairly easily. Who exactly would you want as a guest character? They already said that more than one is happening.

Can't get more obscure than Gon.

Where were you when Inti Creates makes a better looking Mighty No. 9 than Comcept? And it has Gunvolt! I'm kind of mad I really want this. Might get it if I get a Switch.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Hm. I've had setbacks of other kinds, but for now, my signature is revamped and looks presentable if a little barebones. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Chrono.

Where were you when Inti Creates makes a better looking Mighty No. 9 than Comcept? And it has Gunvolt! I'm kind of mad I really want this. Might get it if I get a Switch.

I was just saying on Twitter how Mighty Gunvolt was the only good thing to come out of Mighty No. 9.

On another note the Azure Strike Gunvolt: Striker Pack is gonna come to the Switch as well, with a ton of improvements. Looks like I did good in not getting the 3DS version.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I Found the ultimate argument against flat earthers I didn't even think about

If the earth was flat, measurement from longitude would be consistent from the poles outward as found in real life

BUT Latitudinal lines would increase dramatically after the pole.

If airplanes flew around latitudinal lines, planes would constantly have to be banking right or left, which the don't do. You'd be able to feel it if they were, especially the closer you are to the north pole.

Not to mention planes usually fly the shortest distance between two points, a straight line. With the flat earth map a straight line changes dramatically from what we have on a globed earth.

Planes have a limit to how much fuel they can carry, meaning that the further you are from the north pole (on a flat earth) the larger distance they'd be travelling so the more fuel they'd be using and the more stops they'd need to have - which isn't found in real life.

Regardless of what answers flat earthers give, this is one problem they can't figure out!

...Although they probably would just say something about pilots and aircraft makers are part of the conspiracy

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I was just saying on Twitter how Mighty Gunvolt was the only good thing to come out of Mighty No. 9.

On another note the Azure Strike Gunvolt: Striker Pack is gonna come to the Switch as well, with a ton of improvements. Looks like I did good in not getting the 3DS version.
The Switch version doesn't seem to be physical yet though.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just found that Bruce Timm is a fan of Evangelion and that he even did fanart of the character with his style.
I freaking love that man I swear.:4iggy:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Hm. I've had setbacks of other kinds, but for now, my signature is revamped and looks presentable if a little barebones. Thoughts?
Looks good to me. A "barebones" design isn't necessarily a bad one. I personally prefer cleaner, sleeker designs.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Looks good to me. A "barebones" design isn't necessarily a bad one. I personally prefer cleaner, sleeker designs.
Yeah, sleeker designs usually look better. Though complex designs have their place.

For characters, I usually prefer the color scheme to be simple, 2 to 3 main colors on a single character and stuff like that.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

If the earth was flat, measurement from longitude would be consistent from the poles outward as found in real life

If airplanes flew around latitudinal lines, planes would constantly have to be banking right or left, which the don't do. You'd be able to feel it if they were, especially the closer you are to the north pole.

Not to mention planes usually fly the shortest distance between two points, a straight line. With the flat earth map a straight line changes dramatically from what we have on a globed earth.

Planes have a limit to how much fuel they can carry, meaning that the further you are from the north pole (on a flat earth) the larger distance they'd be travelling so the more fuel they'd be using and the more stops they'd need to have - which isn't found in real life.

Regardless of what answers flat earthers give, this is one problem they can't figure out!

...Although they probably would just say something about pilots and aircraft makers are part of the conspiracy
I thought the horizon was proof enough. Can't see beyond it because of the Earth's curvature.

But then anyone who legitimately argues the Earth is flat should probably isn't the worth the time and effort.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought the horizon was proof enough. Can't see beyond it because of the Earth's curvature.

But then anyone who legitimately argues the Earth is flat should probably isn't the worth the time and effort.
The say the horizon is due to limited field of vision due to our eyes

Using the fact you can make the horizon further away by using binoculars or telescopes as an example

Something like that

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I...Is there images of his fanart? because I really need this in my life.
Yes my friend. ;)

It's a little weird to see at first but you get use to it. Also, there is a robot in a episode of Justice League that look like a EVA, no joke, look at this.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!:4wario:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes my friend. ;)

It's a little weird to see at first but you get use to it. Also, there is a robot in a episode of Justice League that look like a EVA, no joke, look at this.

That looks like Batman the Animated series Barbara Gordon

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Yeah, sleeker designs usually look better. Though complex designs have their place.

For characters, I usually prefer the color scheme to be simple, 2 to 3 main colors on a single character and stuff like that.
Oh, yeah. more complex designs definitely have their place. They just need to be well done, but that's all designs really.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I got around to rewatching Logan again today and, some of you may know, I had some big problems with the movie. Specifically the latter half.

And after watching the movie a second time I just don't think I like the movie very much. I feel like it's trying to hit a No Country for Old Men crossed with The Road unironically. I just don't think it does that very well. I felt like everytime there was a hard hitting moment of dialogue, or action for that matter, it didn't pay off at all.

Specifically speaking as an X-Men movie fan, never was into the comics, most of all the characterization in the previous movies was thrown out and reset Wolverine to his Point 0 which feels like a big cheat. I dunno, I don't really think it's a good movie after rewatching it. It's certainly not horrendously bad like BvS or something but certainly not as good as critics had made it out to be. I'm my personal opinion, this was a weak note for Hugh Jackman to go out on but that's just me.

Edit: I also noticed that the action scenes are cut to hell in some instances. Didn't really catch it the first time around but I did get disoriented at least once this second time around.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That looks like Batman the Animated series Barbara Gordon
It's probably the artstyle, I mean, Asuka does like Barbara in term of overall look.
And like I said, they have been drawn by Bruce Timm himself, the man who created the design for all of the DCAU character.
YOU COULD GOUGE SOMEONE'S EYES OUT WITH THOSE **** HOLY ****
I honestly don't know if you like it or not lol.
But yeah, it's really weird to see anime character with a more cartoon design. Tough, All Might from Boku No Academia would look great in it.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Yes my friend. ;)

OH MY GOD I LOVE IT :D, thank you for showing me this!
I haven't seen that episode with the robot, but I love that image! Though the multiple eyes and the shape of the mouth remind me more of Ultron

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The say the horizon is due to limited field of vision due to our eyes

Using the fact you can make the horizon further away by using binoculars or telescopes as an example

Something like that
But there's still a horizon when using them...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
OH MY GOD I LOVE IT :D, thank you for showing me this!
I haven't seen that episode with the robot, but I love that image! Though the multiple eyes and the shape of the mouth remind me more of Ultron
'Glad to help.^^
To be fair, the shape of the mouth ressemble the one of the EVA when they are open. But now that you say it, you are right that it ressemble Ultron.
Also, I know now (thanks internet:4iggy:) where this episode come from, it come from the episode named "Legends". And it's a robot created and controlled by Lex Luthor.
#TheMoreYouKnow

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i just came up with 2 ideas for arms characters

"THE SULTAN OF SAUCE" Pietro a chef with pizza dough for arms hailing from italy
and his Defualt arms
Light: "The Shaker" a popper/cracker variant that blinds enemies (based off of seasonings)
medium: "The Smackamander" a non element slapamander/slamamander (based off of spreading the dough)
Heavy: "The Poundaroni" A Fire elemental version of the megaton/megawatt (no real reason other than i love the name)
Apearence and backstory: a true man of his people he ware the red white and green proudly with a stylized hat master chef garb and a mustache that the pringles guy would be jelous of this 4 foot 10 fighter entered the grand prix to be able to bring his famillies home cooking around the world

"The DEEP SEA DIVA" Nautilly a scuba diver with jellyfish arms hailing from canada
and her Default arms
Light: The Penguin" an ice version of the phoenix/thunder bird
Medium: "The Splatter" a variant of the toaster and the sparky that has the blind element
Heavy: "The Trackie" a Stunning atribute variant of the homie and the seekie
Apearence and backstory: Medium length wavy Navy Blue hair wearing a Navy blue and orange Scuba suit (with a little leaf symbol on the right arm) When shes not teaching kids how to swim, Nautilly spends her days studying marine life Upclose via her singiture scuba suit, having loved swimming ever since she was old enough to remember Nautilly enters the Grand Prix to Get people interested in marine biology and swimming

and thats what happens when i decide to think about what other kind of arms people could have outside of the ones we know
now excuse me as i accept the fact neither will become real

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Oh, btw, I saw Alien: Covenant, three words:

ANTI. XENOMORPH. PROPAGANDA.

I swear, these things are good dogs! They're like Space-Pitbulls! It just depends on who owns/raises them.You just gotta reign the things in early, maybe get em' neutered soon as you can. They like tearing up both your furniture and your family so maybe get them declawed. teach em' that ripping someone's throat out isn't something that has high benefit. That double-mouth thing? That's their version of licking your face. discourage them using that blade-tail for murder, don't need to cut the thing off, just lightly boink it with a rolled-up newspaper, trust me, they learn. They kill your friends? Pft, get new friends, it's not that hard! Though, if you take them to get exercise, don't take them to a dog park...They...don't get along well with other dogs to put it lightly. And don't let them around children, they kinda like eating those.

(Though in all seriousness I wouldn't call the movie "Great", but it's certainly a fun ride. Just don't go in expecting Prometheus 2).

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Jebus Flipping Christmas, Faye is a bit of a nut job.

Anyways, SoV is pretty cool. Definitely not what I expected since it's way different than Awakening and Fates but it's still cool. Reclassing is also useful but I wasn't sure what to pick. Also the dungeon crawling was pretty cool. Reminded me of Link when I began to slash some pots.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
In this game, like in the original, you always promote as soon as the option is available. This is because of how promotion gains work in this game: they only add enough to each stat to raise it to the promoted class' base stats, and if your current score in a stat equals or exceeds the promoted base stat, you get nothing. So say Lukas has 8 Def at level 7 Soldier: the Knight's base Def is 12, so his Def just gets raised to 12. If you level Lukas up to 15 or so instead and he ends up with 12 Def before you promote him, he gets no Def boost at all from promotion, and you've pretty much just wasted your time grinding out those 8 levels. Your biggest stat gains in this game will come from promoting, rather than grinding out levels, so it's generally in your better interests to promote as soon as possible; the "lost" levels won't really matter that much by the end.

(It might be worth mentioning that if all a unit's stats exceed their new class' bases when they promote, they get +1 HP instead, but +1 HP isn't really worth losing out on getting the bigger boosts earlier.)

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
In this game, like in the original, you always promote as soon as the option is available. This is because of how promotion gains work in this game: they only add enough to each stat to raise it to the promoted class' base stats, and if your current score in a stat equals or exceeds the promoted base stat, you get nothing. So say Lukas has 8 Def at level 7 Soldier: the Knight's base Def is 12, so his Def just gets raised to 12. If you level Lukas up to 15 or so instead and he ends up with 12 Def before you promote him, he gets no Def boost at all from promotion, and you've pretty much just wasted your time grinding out those 8 levels. Your biggest stat gains in this game will come from promoting, rather than grinding out levels, so it's generally in your better interests to promote as soon as possible; the "lost" levels won't really matter that much by the end.

(It might be worth mentioning that if all a unit's stats exceed their new class' bases when they promote, they get +1 HP instead, but +1 HP isn't really worth losing out on getting the bigger boosts earlier.)
I've heard that apparently it might be worth waiting to promote if you plan to do the postgame dungeon, as it's apaprently fairly difficult without maxed stats for your characters.

Also worth remembering that growths are overall higher than Gaiden, so there's more incentive to stick it out. In the original whatever gains you made were likely to be totally eclipsed by the promotion, but here you might actually get some decent levels.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's always best to have your units get as hih leveled as possible before promoting
This actually isn't necessarily true. If you're trying to grind out characters to their max possible stats then yeah, but you don't need to do this to beat the game, that's a over the top completionist's errand.

You have to consider the utility of the unit when promoted as well. Some units also get really slow stat growths in their base class (Lukas is one of them), so if you don't promote them early on they become obsolete early on. The promoted classes may also have Skills that you might want ASAP. Seraphim magic is a good example in the Mage and Cleric classlines for some units.

Erureido Erureido I recommend promoting Lukas as soon as you can because I tried holding off and I was starting to find him obsolete. His intended role is as a tank, but if you keep him in Soldier class too long, he will stop getting Defense growths and won't be getting much in other areas either. This means he won't be able to dish out or take much damage against higher level units (he doesn't have great Spd either so even Clair was easily outclassing him in damage output). As soon as I promoted him to General though, he became a much more viable tank unit with decent damage output.

Granted, I'm playing on Hard Classic so your mileage may vary.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Or they'd bring Spirit Levels on planes and say that because the pilots don't adjust the plane to account for the curvature of the earth during flight proves that the Earth is flat...

Ignoring the fact that gravity still affects the plane as it flies over the Earth...

This is an actual thing btw...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom