• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

We're starting to get that Summer heat now. It's hot as balls outside, inside, everwhere.

My electric fan is suffering.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Currently about to enter Zofia Castle in Echoes, and I gotta say, I am really loving this game thus far. I've already been enjoying Sacred Stones far more than Awakening and Fates, and now there's another game I can honestly say is proving to be a more enjoyable experience than the other two 3DS games.

Gameplay has been pretty good thus far, the story and presentation are great, and the characters are all enjoyable minus Faye for reasons everyone has mentioned and...

...Fernand.

Geez Louiz, he treats Alm like crap just because he came from a farm village. Fernand treats anyone that comes from the peasantry like dirt, and he even leaves the Deliverance just because he wanted it to be ruled by nobility.

One of the soldiers reveals that Fernand's family was killed in a peasant uprising just because the peasants needed access to sources in a time of famine. It seems like he has the making to be sympathetic, but I'll need to see how he is like during the rest of the story to see if he improves.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
. . .My requirement to find a strategy for how I'm going to get all the good Switch games ever is slowly increasing. Went ahead and preordered Splatoon 2 because that's inevitable anyway, but uh.

Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo I have some good news for you.

Long story short, if my reaction after five hours of playing a demo is "I wish I could move on to the next chapter," I probably don't have any point in denying what I need to be doing.

Dood.
yAaah Dood!
Oh man, I... I have terrible news for you
they dont ride on elephants? oh well, I still want the classes so its no skin off my bones

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
After that Venom movie news I remembered something
Black Cat's gonna get her own movie too apparently. I'd probably watch that, Black Cat's always been fun.

NOW THE ALLEGED SILVER SABLE MOVIE ON THE OTHER HAND...
Black Cat could carry her own film fairly easily. She's one of the better spinoff characters in Spider-Man too.

I know the perfect tagline too. "It's like Catwoman, but GOOD!!"

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Who are the characters on the Tekken 7 season pass?
Eliza is the only one confirmed. But I believe that other guest characters are going to be in the game. Who they are is anyone's guess. If we are going by popular vote, a lot of people are asking for the guy from Yakuza or Geese Howard. I'd prefer Terry Bogard myself since I actually play him in the few SNK titles I've tried.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
19 votes and 18 hours left on my Samurai Jack poll and pretty surprised with the current results: More people think he'd stay in the future than return home.

I thought return to the past would be more popular.
Honestly the future makes more sense imo. I don't think the time portals will come back, instead he will be stuck in the future but he will at least know he saved his family and original home. So its a happy and sad end and could be even more of one of those, depending on Ashi's fate.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Maybe I'm just too pessimistic on the Venom movie. Maybe it'll be good. Maybe I'll enj-
*Tom Rothman's working on it*
THIS IS THE ****** WHO MADE GALACTUS A CLOUD, RUINING THE X-MEN MOVIES AND MOST INFAMOUSLY SEW DEADPOOL'S MOUTH SHUT
THERE IS NO HOPE ANYMORE

D

Deleted member

When is the Overclass supposed to be released in Japan? I think they could have exclusive skills to justify them existing and while if still IS overkill, at least it'd be better than "20 levels in a new skin"
I dunno, maybe the Soldier lines finally get 5 Mov
Can't wait for 10 Mov Cavaliers

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Finally just started with Celica.

Definitely enjoying the game so far. Not as difficult as Birthright or Conquest so far (I haven't even come close to losing anybody) but that's probably because of the lack of Lunatic difficulty when you start the game.

High points are dungeon exploration, the voice acting (it's so good and it's almost everywhere in the game), the fact side quests are a thing, and the writing. The writing feels really "raw", like a proper medieval drama. I also do find being able to attack from more than two spaces away to be quite fun to play with. Also Clerics are god damn amazing. Faye is an amazing Nosferatu tank. Also I do really like the more unique and varied artstyle. I'm really enjoying Alm as a protagonist and his chemistry with his friends is great. Also Clair is best girl so far.

My only real criticisms so far are that the 3D CGI parts of the anime cutscenes look really choppy. I definitely don't think they invested as much budget into them as in Fates. I also think the maps have been too simplistic so far. At nearly 7 hours in, I really do think they should be getting more complex by now but they are taking their time in this regard. I think the dungeon maps being so basic is part of the problem in this regard, since every fight is on virtually the same map in those.

Definitely enjoying the game but I'm afraid of ploughing through it too quickly at this rate, lol.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
After that explosion of support with 230 votes, Beat was the winner. Gum was second place with Yoyo and Corn following her. I can't say these results were expected since I am a big fan of the series after all and know how much each character is loved.

Next up is another Jet Set Radio poll after a DJ Professor K and his cronies asked me to do another one. Your choices are Combo, Cube, Piranha (Boogie), and Mew (Ryth). I can see myself getting asked to make a third one and I don't mind. The cast isn't that big.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

That ARMS Theme is just tooooooo gooooooood. ~

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Eliza is the only one confirmed. But I believe that other guest characters are going to be in the game. Who they are is anyone's guess. If we are going by popular vote, a lot of people are asking for the guy from Yakuza or Geese Howard. I'd prefer Terry Bogard myself since I actually play him in the few SNK titles I've tried.
I hope we don't get any SNK characters. Way too niche. And I thought Eliza was a preorder bonus?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe I'm just too pessimistic on the Venom movie. Maybe it'll be good. Maybe I'll enj-
THIS IS THE ****** WHO MADE GALACTUS A CLOUD, RUINING THE X-MEN MOVIES AND MOST INFAMOUSLY SEW DEADPOOL'S MOUTH SHUT
THERE IS NO HOPE ANYMORE
The dream is dead then. Gotta go back and change the timeline.

D

Deleted member

SNK isn't that niche, it's not big either, but still well known within it's own community to not be considered a niche, to be honest.

You could add that many SNK games are niche, definitely, but not SNK as a whole, especially when it's within the fighting game community.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
THERE IS NO HOPE ANYMORE
HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND

Not daed from heat stroke and today is going to be cooler and my last day out there. *phew*

Been hyped for SoV for months and all I can do right now is look at the boxart and not play. . . At least it's really nice art
SEW DEADPOOL'S MOUTH SHUT
TIL there is going to be a movie about one of my favorite childhood characters

TIL I have no reason to care about it :(

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
THERE IS NO HOPE ANYMORE
Local man completely loses the small amount of hope that just got earlier today.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Beat Lyold on lunatic in heroes today. It's a good challenge if you don't have Hector like me. He's got a decent skill list to.

Beat him with my 5 star Robin, Female Corrin, and Spring Chrom, with 4 star Oliva. Chrom does pretty well against everyone there.

D

Deleted member

I've beat Loptr / Aesir on 3rd Climax and got a Pure Platinum medal in Verse 4, which is where you fight him. If I complete all the five Verses found in the credits, then I'll get a Pure Platinum award on Chapter XVI. If I fail at one of them, then I'll just restart the last checkpoint and do it all over again. The checkpoint lets me keep my Pure Platinum medal from Verse 4, apparently.

This song, though. It's insanely good.

Last edited by a moderator:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I hope we don't get any SNK characters. Way too niche. And I thought Eliza was a preorder bonus?
Pff. PFFFFF.

I know plenty of folks who would pay money to see Terry or Geese in Tekken. SNK games are sorta niche (98 and 02 are the big KoF games, Garou is still popular, tons of classic SNK games are out on Switch, KoF XIV is good but flawed and coming to Steam soon) but it's not like Melty niche or anywhere near that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thread is dead, I'mma post memes to revive it because I don't have Echoes like you privileged day-one buyers
Screenshot_2017-05-17-13-01-34-1.png

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I saw a Switch in public today.

It was neat! Dude was playing Zelda.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
IDK if SNK is exactly "niche" but they're pretty damn close if they aren't. In my mind they're close to the level of Falcom.

I remember a few weeks ago seeing a dude playing Switch in Starbucks. My first time ever seeing one in person, actually. Was smaller than I thought it'd be.

I was surprised that he was playing Mario kart, not Zelda.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

That's pretty cool! Guess it helps to demonstrate the Switch's portability. :o

I've only seen the Switch in public a couple times. One of these times was back in the months of January to March; someone was carrying one as they went to class. In addition, I also got to hold a Joy-Con and even get close to a chance of playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with the Comfort Grip before having to go play a game of Smash. Oh well; only a couple more weeks before I can finally enjoy the console for myself. :p

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

You make it sound like you've seen bigfoot or something...

Then again the only Switch I've seen so far is my own...other than the one's that are still in store...

Yes, my stores still have Switches on sale...keep in mind I'm in Canada where the Switch is $400 instead of $300...and I live in a smaller city...

D

Deleted member

IDK if SNK is exactly "niche" but they're pretty damn close if they aren't. In my mind they're close to the level of Falcom.
Nah, they're not that obscure. Perhaps they're on the same scale business wise, but I'd definitely say that SNK is a lot less niche due to their classics such as Metal Slug and KoF.

Though SNK back in the day was doing a lot better than SNK playmore nowadays, that I'll give you.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I got to the point where you can play as both Alm and Celica's side. Seems like a good place to stop.

A lot of the ideas for my Fire Emblem seemed to already happen... 27 years ago. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom