• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Minutes into Shadows of Valentia.

Dear god I hope that curscene we started with never comes true. I'm also assuming Faye, Gray, Tobin, and Kliff will be playable later. But hey, I'd wear a wreath if my fiancee asked me to.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm not getting my copy of SoV in the mail until the 23rd... Really should have just downloaded it. :sadeyes:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I wasn't judging you, I'm surprised you didn't come across any elitists who wanted to spoil it for those 'filthy 3DS players who only care about S supporting characters'. The original game IS over 20 years old so it's easy to spoil
I know its not judgement, but really, I've done pretty well to avoid spoilers.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'll probably just buy the prequel stuff and get a backup of the rest

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Seeing as Echoes doesn't have three versions of the game I'm more likely to actually pick it up at some point unlike Fates...Will be weird when I do, I'll have to wipe the dust off of my 3DS...

Most likely not going to be getting much of the DLC (outside of what's free)...but we'll see...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'm going to be starting Echoes soon, so I have a question to ask:

Does Echoes allows you to drop the difficulty from Hard to Normal and/or Classic to Casual in the middle of your adventure?

I know that Fates allowed you to do something like that.

EDIT; I've decided to start with Normal Classic for this first playthrough and might jump up to Hard in a future one. I am yet to start the game as of this edit, but anyone can still answer this question at the moment.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope you're all liking this hype boat because I won't be able to hoard it until next week
I already regret not leaving Faye behind tbh, nothing of value would be lost
>Having two Clerics
>Lv5 Physics as a Cleric
>Lv10 Rescue as a Cleric
>Eventual Again as a Cleric
>Potential Pegasus
Yeah, nothing of value
Only thing I don't like is accidentally making Tobin a Soldier instead of an archer, already got one of those!
You should have read my post, all the Villagers suck as Soldiers because Soldiers suck but Valbar and Lukas are cool enough to force my usage of them and give one of them a pair of Boots(I dunno when that free DLC releases tho)
ok, which individual DLCs are even worth getting in Echoes?
As said before, the Deliverance Prologue maps
Though I'll add the eventual Cipher DLC because it gets you special units so that might be worth it
"You like girls, right?"
"Um...Kinda?"
an actual part of the story between 2 male characters, so maybe
Tobin is definitely bi

Echoes has actually a lot of gay going for it:
-Python and Forsyth are definitely very gay
-Leon
-Saber because anyone voiced by Dio cannot be straight

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I saw a little plastic storage container for Switch cartridges in a store yesterday, so I went ahead and picked it up.

Had one of each of these things for my DS and 3DS. It feels like a sort of welcoming of the system to pick one up for the Switch too.

This one's a bit higher capacity than the other ones I have. It can store twice as many game carts as my 3DS case, partially because the 3DS case wasted a lot of space on SD card slots while this Switch container is dedicated solely to game carts. A 24 cart capacity should give me a way to throw my entire game collection in a bag that'll last me the whole generation no matter how crazy I go picking out games.

It's just Breath of the Wild in there right now since I only have two physical carts, but something tells me this little plastic box will fill up soon enough.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm going to be starting Echoes soon, so I have a question to ask:

Does Echoes allows you to drop the difficulty from Hard to Normal and/or Classic to Casual in the middle of your adventure?

I know that Fates allowed you to do something like that.

EDIT; I've decided to start with Normal Classic for this first playthrough and might jump up to Hard in a future one. I am yet to start the game as of this edit, but anyone can still answer this question at the moment.
I don't think you can change difficulties after starting, no. The game isn't overly difficult anyway, but if you want to start on Normal until you get used to it, that's fine too.

So, Villager promotions. I'm odd and made Tobin a mercenary, and Gray an archer. Tobin will like that high Skill once he reaches Dread Fighter and gets the "Brave Sword" that is actually a Killing Edge in disguise in his hands, and for Gray, he hits decently hard, so why not let him hit hard without reply? For Kliff, though, I went pretty normal and made him a mage, since Alm's party likes an early-game mage, and Faye went Cleric because having two of them is pretty handy.

D

Deleted member

I don't think you can change difficulties after starting, no. The game isn't overly difficult anyway, but if you want to start on Normal until you get used to it, that's fine too.

So, Villager promotions. I'm odd and made Tobin a mercenary, and Gray an archer. Tobin will like that high Skill once he reaches Dread Fighter and gets the "Brave Sword" that is actually a Killing Edge in disguise in his hands, and for Gray, he hits decently hard, so why not let him hit hard without reply? For Kliff, though, I went pretty normal and made him a mage, since Alm's party likes an early-game mage, and Faye went Cleric because having two of them is pretty handy.
Don't Gray's Skl base and growth suck though? How is he gonna hit with the low-accuracy Bows?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

We now have a glimpse of some of the bosses from Crash N. Sane Trilogy. This marks the first time we see characters such as Papu Papu, Ripper Roo, Koala Kong, The Komodo Brothers, and Tiny Tiger (the REAL Tiny, not that faker from Crash of the Titans) in HD.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
>Having two Clerics
>Lv5 Physics as a Cleric
>Lv10 Rescue as a Cleric
>Eventual Again as a Cleric
>Potential Pegasus
Yeah, nothing of value
oh yeah I made her a cleric but wow shes been missin her attacks. for some reason pff

Plus with her supports, its still nothing of value lost

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Don't Gray's Skl base and growth suck though? How is he gonna hit with the low-accuracy Bows?
His supports with Tobin and Alm all boost his hit rate; +20 once he gets to A support with Tobin (Mycen gives him 5% more as well, but that's ages away yet). While Tobin likes the extra crit he gets in return, too. Suppose I could have gone Mercenary first, and then looped him back around to Archer later on, but eh.

Oh, and a lot of bow skills boost hit rate too, so there's that as well.

I've played the original enough times that 30% growth in anything feels like a blessing.

oh yeah I made her a cleric but wow shes been missin pff
Ah yes, that'd be because of Nosferatu only having a fixed 60% hit rate (well, it can change with supports, but eh). If you made her a Cleric, you're not meant to be using her to attack so much, she's meant to heal instead. Nosferatu is only meant to keep her ticking over so she can heal more people, or to defend herself in emergencies.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

oh yeah I made her a cleric but wow shes been missin her attacks pff

Plus with her supports, its still nothing of value
Clerics aren't supposed to be attacking, Nosferatu is just so they can defend themselves and recover the HP used for their other spells
She should be healing instead of throwing her into the frontlines like a Mage
His supports with Tobin and Alm all boost his hit rate; +20 once he gets to A support with Tobin (Mycen gives him 5% more as well, but that's ages away yet). While Tobin likes the extra crit he gets in return, too. Suppose I could have gone Mercenary first, and then looped him back around to Archer later on, but eh.

I've played the original enough times that 30% growth in anything feels like a blessing.
Wait, 30%? That isn't as bad as I was made to think it was
I thought it was 10% or something lol

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ah yes, that'd be because of Nosferatu only having a fixed 60% hit rate (well, it can change with supports, but eh). If you made her a Cleric, you're not meant to be using her to attack so much, she's meant to heal instead. Nosferatu is only meant to keep her ticking over so she can heal more people, or to defend herself in emergencies.
I guess my fate side is showing, Insted of using Jakob for healing, I used him for fighting and sometimes healing but mostly fighting lol

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Not to mention that Cleric!Faye is the closest thing you get to a dancer, being the only one capable of learning the Again spell.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Clerics aren't supposed to be attacking, Nosferatu is just so they can defend themselves and recover the HP used for their other spells
Fun fact: since healers couldn't gain EXP by healing in FE2, attacking people with Nosferatu was the only way to level them up. Though since they got 1 exp even from missing, the low accuracy wasn't as big of a deal.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Tom Hardy is Venom... Tom ****ing Hardy is Venom!!

Like what? How did they manage to snag one of the highest sought after action actors for the Venom movie? Know what, **** it! I'm on the Venom hype train now.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Tom Hardy is Venom... Tom ****ing Hardy is Venom!!

Like what? How did they manage to snag one of the highest sought after action actors for the Venom movie? Know what, **** it! I'm on the Venom hype train now.
I can't wait to not understand 90 percent of his dialogue

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'd be hyped for Venom if it wasn't handled by Sony's incompetent film division and was actually part of the MCU.
A Venom film with no ties to Spider-Man is immediately **** when they have to establish who Venom is.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Enjoying Echoes so far. Playing on Hard Classic.

Nothing has really been hard so far. It's fun though. I especially love the dungeon gameplay. That should be a series staple.

Don't get the hate for Faye either. I think people blew her out of proportion.

Does anyone know how the amiibo dungeons are? Are they a high level thing or can you reasonably do them early on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom