• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Owlboy is coming to the Switch! I am so thrilled, it was right at the top of my list of indies I was hoping would make their way over! ^_^

I heard a lot of great things about this game.

Excited to try it out.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The only other character who can match or surpass him in that regard is Takumi, and I believe the only reason he still gets bile is because he's more rude to Corrin to begin with (even though it's justified that he doesn't trust him).
That's the most common reason Takumi gets bile, but other common reasons I've seen haters flinging dirt at Takumi include the following:
  • His rudeness to Azura in Chapter 5: This one I will admit is something that lacks justification compared to his other criticisms. The closest justification I can think of for why he was rude to her is because of Azura's tendency of being very secretive and avoidance to tell important answers. He calls her out on this in the Birthright Drama CDs which explores Takumi's perspective on the events of Chapters 4-5 of the games, and I can't blame him for that because Azura was a walking plot device and acted very cryptic throughout Fates.
  • He "whines a lot": This one is justified due to his inferiority complex and insecurities that are a major part of his character as explored throughout the story, his supports, his Nohrian Festival of Bonds conversation with Subaki, and the Birthright Drama CDs. Such insecurities that cause him to complain also makes him a relatable character for many.
  • He shoots an arrow at Elise in Conquest Chapter 13: Believe it or not, there are people who express disdain to him regarding this event because they see it as, "He shot the innocent lollie. How dare he!" At the same time, there are several justifications for Takumi's actions behind it. One, Elise is not an average civilian sitting on the sidelines. She is an active participant in the war, and is even capable of fighting if she needs to. Second, and most importantly, he was possessed by Anankos when he shot Elise. Takumi showed signs of possession as early as Chapter 10 due to the headaches, and those headaches return at the same chapter when Takumi does the questionable act. Thus, this justification can be summed up by RavenNG's key quote: "Anankos did it."

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
1. Ninjara
2. MinMin
3. Springman
4. Helix
5. Twintelle

This game has me super hyped. Looking forward to seeing all the DLC!

Also, who I plan to main and who I eventually do main literally never line up. I can see Master Mummy and Mechanica's abilities being good, especially the super armour.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I've been away so I could focus on some University work, but I just decided to quickly pop-over mainly because of the ARMS direct and a few other general things. 1st up is ARMS, and I'm liking the direction the game's going with. Free content after launch to support the game is a plus, and even though it seems like the base roster might not be more than 12, I think the customisability meta-game would be pretty interesting. Not to Injustice 2 levels (and man, NetherRealms have done it again with I2), but hopefully enough that it can help a new IP grow 'legs' to stand upon.

The top five characters for me right now I'd say would be:
1: Spring Man
2: Ribbon Girl
3: Helix
4: Min-Min
5: Ninjara

I'm definitely looking forward to the TestPunch so I can properly feel confident about buying the game, but whether or not it can best I2 as my 'Fighter of the Year,' I'll just have to wait and see.

Secondly - Destiny 2 seems interesting so far, but I want to hear on both the review front and on what the PC version would be like. The gameplay doesn't seem drastically as different, but certainly seems like a nice way to freshen up the experience. New weapons such as the grenade launcher, submachine gun and minigun all seem exciting, but as it stands, I'll probably wait until the launch date comes closer and whether the reviews are positive and that the team has managed to overcome what made the original game's launch so troubled. So it's still on the 'wait-and-see' list for me, but somewhat optimistic.

That's pretty much just my thoughts on the past 24 hours outside of my current Uni life.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This one is justified due to his inferiority complex and insecurities
A friend of mine outright hated Takumi because of something related to this with Hinaka. she acts nice only to get "WAAAAAAAAAAH YOU DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT MEEEEEEEEEEE" and **** like that
Also
RavenNG's key quote: "Anankos did it."
*high five*

Ivander

Smash Legend
So what your saying is, despite there are legendary skins in Overwatch have meaningful skins with unique voicelines and attack effects, but you want more of that? I'm not saying that it will never happen of course, but I think making skins that not only changes the aesthetics reatly but even their voicelines can take quite some time. Witch Mercy, Junkenstein, and Pumpkin Reaper's voicelines weren't added until another patch came out.
I also remember people argue Mei's Christmas skin shouldn't be legendary at all, which I'm partially agree.
I do hope they can not only change skins but also on voicelines when it comes to legendary skins. However, I think it's given an inch if you want more than just colors on epic skins.
The thing is, how many can you name? There are about 130-136 Legendary skins. 82 if you don't count duplicate colors. 55 if you don't count Events/Pre-order. And 50 if you don't count Origins as well. The thing is, with skill aesthetics, there are only 5 that have any changes to their skills, which are Witch Mercy, Wolf Hanzo, Jingle Tracer, Officer D.va and Mei-rry Mei. All but 1 are Event-Only. In terms of skins that have more than 3 new lines, there are only 9:
-Reaper's Pumpkin
-Tracer's Summer Games skin
-Tracer's Jingle
-Hanzo's Wolf skins
-Junkrat's Junkenstein
-Torbjorn's Santaclad(just reaching above 3 with 4)
-D.va's Bug skins
-Winston's Yeti
-Mercy's Witch

And in total lines, Witch Mercy wins with 19 exclusive voice lines available in-game, not even counting her unused voice lines, which would put her above 25. Wolf Hanzo is second place with 13 exclusive voice lines in-game and Tracer's Jingle is 3rd place with 12 exclusive voice lines in-game. None of the others even reach 10, with Reaper's Pumpkin being the highest at 9 in-game.
Regarding these skins, only 2 of these are Non-Event. Now, if you took the skins that are mentioned above out, you would have 71 skins/46 not including Event-only skins. The rest of the 71 skins have no skill aesthetic changes and have 0-3 exclusive voices lines. The only major thing change about them is the body look. No special effects, no changes to their skills, next-to-no skin-exclusive lines. 7 of the heroes don't even have a Legendary skin that gives even 1 skin-exclusive voice line, and they are Genji(FTM, until Blackwatch PTR lines hop over), Bastion, Orisa, Reinhardt, Zarya, Symmetra and Zenyatta.

It's not so much that there aren't any. It's more on the fact that for the ones with little, do they really do enough? To me, doing enough would mean you actually notice the things something does and it's very noticeable. Something like the Invisible Hero Clothes in Wind Waker, where you actually see the cast give you different lines regarding your "look". Or the Sailor outfit in Silent Hill 3, which gives you access to a Beam attack and allows you to get a new ending.
Otherwise, if they didn't do these things, the only thing worth doing, which is objective per person, would to be amused to see the cast of characters talk to you very naturally while you wear drastically out-of-place clothing in the cutscenes and leave it to your imagination on what is going on in those characters' heads.

Edit: Just to mention, it'll probably be best to take this into PM. Just to try to let the thread avoid some possible heating if it possibly gets to that.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm trying to apply to a job, but I was so miserable at my old job I have a hard time doing it. Not working has been a lot easier, even if I'm seeing my savings dwindling down more and more. And the job has like 50 positions and I'm not sure what to pick. Should I start low or feel like I can get a higher position and apply for that? What if I miss the opportunity to have a lower or higher job by applying for something else? I can apply to multiple positions but I've never been interviewed before for multiple positions. They usually just pick you for one.

I need to do it, I just don't want to.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
A friend of mine outright hated Takumi because of something related to this with Hinaka. she acts nice only to get "WAAAAAAAAAAH YOU DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT MEEEEEEEEEEE" and **** like that
Takumi and Hinoka's support conversation is pretty controversial from what I've seen amongst the fandom, with fans either liking it or hating it.

Part of the reason why Takumi lashed out at Hinoka there is because Hinoka has become so transfixed at rescuing Corrin during her years growing up that she cared more about Corrin and became rather neglectful toward her younger siblings (though she still shows some care for them such as when she saved Sakura during a brutal storm that is detailed in Hinoka's supports with Subaki). For someone who is suffering from an inferiority complex and feeling overshadowed by his siblings, such neglect could explain why Takumi would shout something like that.

The A Support between the two characters makes up for that controversial moment. There, Hinoka gives Takumi a great smack talk to convince them that people, including herself, really do care about him, and that he can't just go fighting in wars alone just to prove himself. Takumi then apologizes for his earlier outburst as the two express their familial bond for each other.

Personally, I'm in the camp that enjoyed Hinoka's supports with Takumi because it does a great job exploring the latter's inferiority complex, and I enjoyed Hinoka's smack talk in the A-Support: it reminded me of similar smack talks I received from my friends from similar outbursts that I made in the past that was similar to Takumi's, so the support conversation was rather relatable to me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm trying to apply to a job, but I was so miserable at my old job I have a hard time doing it. Not working has been a lot easier, even if I'm seeing my savings dwindling down more and more. And the job has like 50 positions and I'm not sure what to pick. Should I start low or feel like I can get a higher position and apply for that? What if I miss the opportunity to have a lower or higher job by applying for something else? I can apply to multiple positions but I've never been interviewed before for multiple positions. They usually just pick you for one.

I need to do it, I just don't want to.
I'd probably start low if it gives you more options. Take a look at what positions you'd most enjoy(or among the ones you don't like, what you don't like the least). It's okay to make your way to the top. If you take on something you're not overall prepared for, it could bite you hard.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
This thread has been getting heated for the past few days. Maybe we should cuddle to get things to calm down?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
DC forgot to market this movie a whole lot for some ****ing reason
If it's as good as these critics are saying. It could easily survive on word of mouth and is tracking pretty decently already.

I can see it doing well till at least Cars 3 comes out.

God, I'm excited to know Wonder Woman might be the one that turns the DC Films around.

As a character she deserves this.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's been picking up a bit more now recently. What with commercials on TV and online now. Though maybe it was lower before since the few female hero movies from before did poorly. Not that they should have to worry, given those were ****ing Catwoman and Electra of all things. Couple that with DC not having the highest opinions with some audiences. Though Wonder Woman's a lot more marketable in the grand scheme.

Still, most of my favorite female heroes are from team series. And unless your name is Wolverine, a team member ain't getting a solo film.

Birds of Prey could work, but from them, I only really like Black Canary.

Ivander

Smash Legend

ATTENTION ALL FACTORING HECTOPASCALS!

Anybody who has Fire Emblem Heroes! Log-in Today to get 20 Free Orbs, as well as 5 of each colored Big Badge and 5000 Universal Crystals! Don't know why they are deciding to do that, but it's good for anybody who's trying to get one of the new Mages and for those waiting for the potential Wedding Event. Also, Lloyd is up as well, along with a Focus dedicated to fighting him.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know I heard something about a Gambit solo movie at some point, which could work I guess.

Personally, if I got to choose a couple, I'd go with Storm and Nightcrawler getting solo films. Storm's is simple, just do hero origin of her parents flying to Africa, plane crashes, they die(of course, it's a super hero film)she becomes a thief for a bit and have the Shadow King as the main villain.

If I remember correctly, the Shadow King had forced other mutants to do his dirty work, and I think Storm was one of them. I know there's this other villain names Deluge, who's powers are similar to Storm, but I feel that is less interesting if your name isn't Venom(or Zoom). Have her meet Prof. X at the end.

Nightcrawler's could have him fight his dad, or base it off of one of the X-Calibur stories. Given who he is, he didn't do much fighting as a kid, but showing scenes in the Catholic Church or circus that he lived in would be ideal for early scenes.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Found an interesting segment regarding Halo 5 and it's microtransactions vs previous titles and their DLC
I'm actually really happy it worked out well, I know a lot of people get their knickers in a bunch because of them, but I've never minded microtransactions. Now that devs are getting a better handle on them, they're actually a benefit, especially for multiplayer focused games like Halo and Overwatch. DLC splits the playerbase harshly, hell even Mario Kart 8 suffered from this issue.

More importantly you should post the source of your Lusamine avi, for science. :eyesemoji:
I have a feeling you expected something lewd.
74294b0106ea11dffa27f872f500d214.jpg
Can't really post the source here though... the artist is lewd

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Anybody who has Fire Emblem Heroes! Log-in Today to get 20 Free Orbs, as well as 5 of each colored Big Badge and 5000 Universal Crystals! Don't know why they are deciding to do that, but it's good for anybody who's trying to get one of the new Mages and for those waiting for the potential Wedding Event. Also, Lloyd is up as well, along with a Focus dedicated to fighting him.
I figure the login bonus is for the Voting Gauntlet, they do that after each one. I put my 20 orbs into Celica's banner trying to get Boey, and got "rewarded" with Camilla instead. :/ Why does this game hate me so much? Oh well, at least it's a free Brave Axe for my Cherche that I've been training up.

Lloyd's battle was easy. I just sent my flier team after him, they barely broke a sweat mopping up him and his underlings. Once you have someone who can kill the axe flier so they don't get Lunged into the path of the bow knight (e.g. Michalis with Quick Riposte), the rest falls into place pretty easily.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Top 5 ARMS Characters:
  1. Ninjara
  2. Tie between Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Mechanica, Twintelle, Helix, Minmin, Byte & Barq, Kid Cobra, and Master Mummy.
These characters don't appeal to me. Twintelle is overrated.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
WRYYYYYYY
THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE LIMITED EDITION OF ECHOES LEFT DESPITE MY ****IN PREORDER
On the plus side, the employee said that she's frustrated about this too and I'll get a call next week, in case someone didn't want it anymore so that I can trade the game for that version

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh my god.

Did DC actually do it?

Did they break their curse?

Did they break the female superhero solo movie curse?

http://satyasong.tumblr.com/post/160831585772/aquaxlad-some-of-the-very-positive-reactions-from
That'd be great if Wonder Woman was good.

I'd love for the DC Curse to be broken.

Female Superhero Solo Curse though?

Wonder Woman's trailer looked good, but I'm still worried from the behind the scene's stuff I've been hearing about. Maybe it was just exaggerated
What stuff did you hear?

D

Deleted member

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen

Okay, so I just finished episode 1. I went ahead and got it via other means since the kiss site was giving me issues.

So, that was enjoyable, I do have to say I was kinda like "what am I watching?" at first LOL, the cheese factor is so real but I can see that's also the appeal. The main character's device he was using at first was some kind of game device inspired by a Neo Geo Pocket, then I notice in a flash back the doctor gives him a Wonderswan. How interesting lol.

The music in the show is really nice and if there's an OST I'll be downloading it sometime. I'll prob give the show a watch in the future since it's kind of funny and the cheese factor reminds me of watching Power Rangers (I know Kamen came first).

ATTENTION ALL FACTORING HECTOPASCALS!

Oh bed sheet! Thanks for the heads up gonna get that ASAP.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen

Okay, so I just finished episode 1. I went ahead and got it via other means since the kiss site was giving me issues.

So, that was enjoyable, I do have to say I was kinda like "what am I watching?" at first LOL, the cheese factor is so real but I can see that's also the appeal. The main character's device he was using at first was some kind of game device inspired by a Neo Geo Pocket, then I notice in a flash back the doctor gives him a Wonderswan. How interesting lol.

The music in the show is really nice and if there's an OST I'll be downloading it sometime. I'll prob give the show a watch in the future since it's kind of funny and the cheese factor reminds me of watching Power Rangers (I know Kamen came first).

Oh bed sheet! Thanks for the heads up gonna get that ASAP.
YOU GET YOUR COCOA!
Where did you see it? Because there are different subgroups. Avoid TV Nihon like the plague!
And that WAS a Neo Geo. Namco and is good friends with Toei

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Female Superhero Solo Curse though?
Elektra and Catwoman would like to talk to you. Both considered some of the worst celluloid put to film both in an out of the superhero genre.

Then you can go alll the way back to the Helen Slater Supergirl movie which is also terrible. There's also Tank Girl as well. There's been so few superheroine films because they all get negative reviews plus flop miserably.

D

Deleted member

YOU GET YOUR COCOA!
Where did you see it? Because there are different subgroups. Avoid TV Nihon like the plague!
And that WAS a Neo Geo. Namco and is good friends with Toei
Yey! Cocoa 4 Koko. Duly noted, and I watched it from Excite Subs, just went ahead and torrented it since I like picture quality

Oh, was it? The stick in it is completely different. Must be a custom case for the show. That's pretty cool they're friends, guess I'll def give the show more of a watch for that gaming fanservice. :)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yey! Cocoa 4 Koko. Duly noted, and I watched it from Excite Subs, just went ahead and torrented it since I like picture quality

Oh, was it? The stick in it is completely different. Must be a custom case for the show. That's pretty cool they're friends, guess I'll def give the show more of a watch for that gaming fanservice. :)
Excite and RTA are good sources, so you did good!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd need to play the game to determain who my favorite is for real but going in, Ribbon girl looks the best from pre-release.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Has Black Ops 1 and 2 been released with all their DLC on disc?

Been itching to play some zombies.
Three just Had a pack with all zombie maps released
...*sigh* I miss playing BO Zombies...

But that being said I'm not paying for that DLC again. **** that. :4megaman:

Honestly, I just want to shoot **** again. Doesn't even have to be Zombies. Just a shooter I can sit down by myself with and just kill time.
Doom 2016. Go rip and tear through the armies of hell

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
User was warned for this post
Because Warner was waiting until they dropped King Arthur and GOTGV2 had quieted down a bit. It's a non issue and this happens with every movie.

The rest of your post is good.

But this part stands out.

What is Tank Girl?
A movie with Ice T as kangaroo man

Last edited by a moderator:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
im trying real hard to not want half the cast of arms into smash...its not working at all

(springman, ribbon girl and minmin as starters helix and twintelle as unlockables)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
im trying real hard to not want half the cast of arms into smash...its not working at all

(springman, ribbon girl and minmin as starters helix and twintelle as unlockables)
If six FE characters managed to cause a meltdown with the Smash Bros fanbase, imagine five ARMS characters or really, just two would probably be enough to do the same....

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
  • Camilla and Takumi... well, considering how vocal the hatebases for these two characters can get, I'm sure a lot of us here already know why these two get hated on.
Takumi gets hated? I mean I guess I saw some of that due Heroes and him being considered OP in the early days, but as a character he seems pretty well liked overall.

I think you're confusing the "Blame Takumi" memes with legit hate.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Anyone here decently experienced with GameMaker? I'm trying to program a beat-em-up but the OSX client doesn't really want to cooperate with some of the code I used for the active region. :/

Also, that Arms thing:
1) Twintelle
2) Minmin
3) Helix
4) Mechania
5) Ribbon Girl

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I did not expect this to arrive today. Not sure how much I'll get to play as I have a friend coming over today I think and I'm gonna apply for another job today but god damn that's a big box.

IMG_20170519_130801.jpg

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The thing is, how many can you name? There are about 130-136 Legendary skins. 82 if you don't count duplicate colors. 55 if you don't count Events/Pre-order. And 50 if you don't count Origins as well. The thing is, with skill aesthetics, there are only 5 that have any changes to their skills, which are Witch Mercy, Wolf Hanzo, Jingle Tracer, Officer D.va and Mei-rry Mei. All but 1 are Event-Only. In terms of skins that have more than 3 new lines, there are only 9:
-Reaper's Pumpkin
-Tracer's Summer Games skin
-Tracer's Jingle
-Hanzo's Wolf skins
-Junkrat's Junkenstein
-Torbjorn's Santaclad(just reaching above 3 with 4)
-D.va's Bug skins
-Winston's Yeti
-Mercy's Witch

And in total lines, Witch Mercy wins with 19 exclusive voice lines available in-game, not even counting her unused voice lines, which would put her above 25. Wolf Hanzo is second place with 13 exclusive voice lines in-game and Tracer's Jingle is 3rd place with 12 exclusive voice lines in-game. None of the others even reach 10, with Reaper's Pumpkin being the highest at 9 in-game.
Regarding these skins, only 2 of these are Non-Event. Now, if you took the skins that are mentioned above out, you would have 71 skins/46 not including Event-only skins. The rest of the 71 skins have no skill aesthetic changes and have 0-3 exclusive voices lines. The only major thing change about them is the body look. No special effects, no changes to their skills, next-to-no skin-exclusive lines. 7 of the heroes don't even have a Legendary skin that gives even 1 skin-exclusive voice line, and they are Genji(FTM, until Blackwatch PTR lines hop over), Bastion, Orisa, Reinhardt, Zarya, Symmetra and Zenyatta.

It's not so much that there aren't any. It's more on the fact that for the ones with little, do they really do enough? To me, doing enough would mean you actually notice the things something does and it's very noticeable. Something like the Invisible Hero Clothes in Wind Waker, where you actually see the cast give you different lines regarding your "look". Or the Sailor outfit in Silent Hill 3, which gives you access to a Beam attack and allows you to get a new ending.
Otherwise, if they didn't do these things, the only thing worth doing, which is objective per person, would to be amused to see the cast of characters talk to you very naturally while you wear drastically out-of-place clothing in the cutscenes and leave it to your imagination on what is going on in those characters' heads.

Edit: Just to mention, it'll probably be best to take this into PM. Just to try to let the thread avoid some possible heating if it possibly gets to that.
I have a question, what is "skill"? Do you mean their abilities or just tweaks on their movements? Skin should never give users an combat advantage obviously, so that part kind of confuses me a bit. If it's just different aesthetic effects then I think it's okay.
According to Overwatch wiki, there's actually more than just those:
Many Legendary skins unlock voice lines which can be triggered in-game.

• With Hanzo's Lone Wolf or Okami skins, his ultimate call outs change to "Ōkami yo waga teki o kurae!" and "The wolf hunts for its prey!" and he will say "See through the wolf's eyes" when using sonic arrow. If the "I choose you Spirit Dragon" voice line is equipped, he will instead say "I choose you Spirit Wolf".
  • With Mercy's Devil and Imp skins, her friendly ultimate call out changes to "Heroes never die! ...For a price."
  • With Mercy's Witch skin, her friendly ultimate call out changes to "My servants never die!"
  • With Mercy's Sigrún and Valkyrie skins, her friendly ultimate call out changes to "Till Valhalla!"
  • With her Raindancer or Thunderbird skin, one of Pharah's respawn quotes is "Thunderbird on-line."
  • With the Punk or Ultraviolet skins, Tracer sometimes says "Heh, ****er" or "Tosser" after securing an elimination.
  • With the T. Racer skin, Tracer sometimes says "Here comes T. Racer!" when switching from another hero.
  • With Widowmaker's Comtesse or Huntress skins, her friendly ultimate call out changes to "No one can hide from the huntress."
  • With Junkrat's Dr. Junkenstein skin, his ultimate call outs change to "Get ready for a shock!" and "Ladies and Gentlemen, my latest creation!"
  • With Junkrat's Dr. Junkenstein skin, one of his respawn quotes is "He's alive, He's alive!"
  • With Torbjörn's Santaclad skin, his ultimate call out will sometimes say "Merry Molten Core!"
  • With Tracer's Jingle skin, there is a chance of her saying "Ho, ho, ho!" or "Dashing though the snow!" while blinking or using her cheer emote. On hero selection, one of her quotes is, "Cheers Loves, the holidays are here!" Her ultimate call out sometimes changes to "Got you something!"
  • With Winston's Frogston or Undersea skins, he can sometimes say "Excuse me for diving in" and also "Splashdown" when using his jump pack and landing.
  • With Roadhog's Mako or Sharkbait skin's, he can say "Anchors away!" when using his chain hook. He also seems to say "HAHAHA ARG!... matey." in the spawn room at random moments.
  • With Mei's Mei-rry skin, the quote "You have to let it go!" becomes "You have to let it snow!"
It's just that some only have minor unique voicelines that you might not hear if you don't use them often.

In my opinion, skins were supposed to change their outlook first and foremost, second for abilities aesthetics, last for voicelines.
By the way, does Bastion need an unique voicelines even though he doesn't really talk? Orisa is a fairly new character so she might get more legendary skins in the future.
So those are just my two cents, I'm not against your idea at all and this is a topic/issue worth discussing. I'm just don't understand why you focus on voicelines and attack aesthetics the most when those were never really necessary for legendary, yet. New voicelines for existing skins can be simply be added by patch, and hopefully for additional attack aesthetics too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom