• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I need the green and pink joycons in my life. Maybe I can import the system from Japan somehow.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Let me put it this way:

Keeping in mind the 2 year NRS FG cycle, what game are people going to care about more within 1 - 2 years time? Tekken 7, or Injustice 2?

The answers is obvious, so I'd go with the former, but the decision is up to you.
Fair point. But I'll eventually get both.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't know who that is off the top of my head
He's the composer for Jet Set Radio's soundtrack.

Unlike Kamiya, he's an utter madman on Twitter that isn't far from asking his fans' opinions or being a master troll.

But if you mean Palin, that's the secretary of Canada that Bayonetta was supposedly modeled after.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Says the person who quoted one of Obi-Wan's lines from Revenge of the Sith earlier.

That's a prequel meme thing
I doubt that counts
Who's to say I wouldn't put LEGO in those either?

The law, as you'd need to break in my house. And if anyone does that, imma bust some kneecaps
Yet you can remember the mediocrity known as Kamen Rider
DO NOT TALK TO THE GAME MASTER LIKE THAT YOU INSOLENT WRENCH

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
He's the composer for Jet Set Radio's soundtrack.

Unlike Kamiya, he's an utter madman on Twitter that isn't far from asking his fans' opinions or being a master troll.

But if you mean Palin, that's the secretary of Canada that Bayonetta was supposedly modeled after.
Meant Palin lol
Compared to Injustice 1 they're amazing.

It's still Star Wars

You can't get stopped by the law if you don't get caught.

So if I bust your kneecaps... >:D

Chrono.

So Thumper's Switch port is really good.

I'm considering getting it but I think I'll get it later.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So... Magikarp has it's own spin-off game now. This is the universe we live in.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I assume its in the arrowverse?
No, much like Supergirl, by virtue of having clashing backstory (in her has Superman being the world's biggest hero) it's in it's own "universe" with no current plans for a crossover.

But considering The Flash has more crossover potential than Doctor Who, that could change.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Dang, it's really cool to Persona 5 up there in the sales charts. Nintendo is still doing nicely for itself too with MK8 and BoTW.
Wow. I guess that Persona's fanbase is larger than I thought. I knew 3 and 4 were popular but that's impressive.

Slightly surprised Zelda wasn't one or two spaces lower. I mean, it hasn't been out too long and people were really waiting for it, but I would have figured it'd have a drought of some kind until the holiday season.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
There's no doubt that there are the really cool ones and than the rather divisive ones. But besides being cool to look at, they really don't do much. To me, the ones that do more than just change the look are more "meaningful". Basically, the ones that can actually change a whole bunch of voice lines or change skills aesthetics.
The biggest example being Witch Mercy. She gets alot of voice line changes to reference her skin, like mentioning herself as a Witch rather than a Doctor, as well as casting spells and a whole bunch of others. And when you heal or empower with her, her Witch Staff emits a hexagram symbol(and other symbols) compared to just having this tiny healing light on her other skins. You can also practically consider her as riding her broomstick with using Guardian Angel.
Basically, while it still doesn't change much gameplay mechanics-wise, but in-game wise, it still changes alot of her voice lines and some of her aesthetics with her skills. And they are very noticeable and the voice lines are heard alot throughout the entire match, not just certain times. To me, this feels more "meaningful" compared to most other skins that merely give one extra voice line or whatnot.

The 2nd best ones are Tracer's Jingle skin and Hanzo's Wolf-related skins. With Jingle, Tracer gets a whole load of new voice lines, when she blinks, bells ring and her Pulse Bomb becomes a peppermint. And with Wolf Hanzo, all of his dragon lines(once again, a whole lot) change to reference the Wolf and his Ultimate changes from dragons to wolves with appropriate sound effects. Once again, these 2 feel "meaningful" as they change a lot in-game, even if not mechanics-wise.

The honourable mentions are:
-Dr. Junkenstein, which is easily Junkrat's best skin, but only gives him 2 new Ult Lines(one of the player and enemies and another for his allies) and a new respawn line.
-Reaper's Pumpkin, which gives him some new entrance lines, some new kill lines and a new respawn line.
-Mei's Mei-rry skin, which changes her Ice block to a Snowman and she can say a new line when she uses her "Let it go" line.
-Torborn's Santa-clad, which gives him new teammate entry lines, a new line when repairing his Turret and a new Ult line.
-Winston's Yeti skin, which gives him new entrance lines(and Monster Inc. references heck yeah!) and a new line for his bounce.
-Genji's Blackwatch, which when the patch hits, will give him some new aggressive voice sounds and lines when attacking and getting kills, which fits as his Blackwatch skin was before meeting Zenyatta.
-Officer D.Va, which gives her Siren sounds when she boosts, flashing police lights when Disco dancing, and when the patch hits, some new kill lines and whatever other lines I may or may not remember.

I give these honourable mentions as they do some notable changes and a bit more than some other skins, but not to the extent that Witch Mercy, Jingle Tracer and Wolf Hanzo take them. With these 3 skins, they give alot. Tons of new voice lines that you will hear alot throughout the entire match and notable skill aesthetic changes. I would say Officer D.Va will be close to these when the patch hits, but the only way she'll ever get to the level of these 3 is if she gets some new Boost and DM voice lines, a new Ult voice line for both her Self-Destruct and Call Mech, and it changes her "Game-On" emote to have her with Donuts and Coffee.
If you did not know, in Overwatch skins do have categories.
Rare skins only changes aesthetic of a character in some simple color. A majority of them a boring, but I personally like those who have red color.
Epic skins changes characters aesthetic in a more complicated color palettes, and again some are actually really cool.
Legendary skins are those that can completely change a character's aesthetic, and even their voice lines.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here's a spicy little topic that just crossed my mind:

What would be a reason to dislike Leo in Fire Emblem Fates? In other words, what lowers Leo's likability as a character?

One thing I've noticed is that the royals in Fates have a reason they get hated on by some fans or receive lower likability compared to other characters:
  • Ryoma gets hated by some fans on for being "bland." He is also criticized by some fans for withholding the medicine needed for Elise in Conquest Chapter 12
  • Hinoka gets hated by some fans for being "bland," "forgettable," and having no relevance to the story.
  • Elise and Sakura both get hated on by some fans for being "typical, bland lollies"
  • Xander gets hated on by some fans for his actions in the story.
  • Camilla and Takumi... well, considering how vocal the hatebases for these two characters can get, I'm sure a lot of us here already know why these two get hated on.
But from what I've noticed among the FE fandom, Leo is the least disliked royal sibling. Because of that, it made me wonder what would be a reason to dislike/hate on Leo, so I'd figure I'd ask you all this question and see what answer you could come up with.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wow. I guess that Persona's fanbase is larger than I thought. I knew 3 and 4 were popular but that's impressive.

Slightly surprised Zelda wasn't one or two spaces lower. I mean, it hasn't been out too long and people were really waiting for it, but I would have figured it'd have a drought of some kind until the holiday season.
As more people buy Switches, more people are likely to buy Zelda...I suspect reasonably steady sales throughout the year with spikes during the release of the DLC packs, especially during the holidays...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This one was way more one-sided that I remembered. Twintelle destroyed the competition, literally. She takes up most of the votes, not even Helix could catch up with her. Must be a twintails thing or that Hollywood feel.

Next up will be exploring another popular shooter series for Sega in the form of House of the Dead. For now, we will focus on the humans that investigate these meant outbreaks along with a certain zombie couple that raced with Sonic. Your choices are G (who appears in almost every HOTD game, even Overkill), James Taylor (House of the Dead 2 and 4), Lisa Rogen (House of the Dead 3), and Zobio & Zobiko (Loving Deads: House of the Dead EX). We'll see who wants to play as a human with guns or a zombie couple.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
If you did not know, in Overwatch skins do have categories.
Rare skins only changes aesthetic of a character in some simple color. A majority of them a boring, but I personally like those who have red color.
Epic skins changes characters aesthetic in a more complicated color palettes, and again some are actually really cool.
Legendary skins are those that can completely change a character's aesthetic, and even their voice lines.
I am very aware of that. The problem is that these a majority of these Legendaries only do body aesthetics, with mostly either one or two new lines that aren't really common. As much as I absolutely love the likes of Bajie Roadhog(Rake Hook is best hook), Baldarich Reinhardt, all of Zenyatta's skins and whatnot, but besides their body looks, they don't do anything else compared to the likes of Witch Mercy, Jingle Tracer and Hanzo's Wolf skins.
Which have not only the body aesthetics, but also alot of new voice lines, to the point where it feels like they are an alternate version of the character, and changes to their skills. Witch Mercy has hexagram symbols added to her spells, Jingle Tracer uses Peppermint Pulse Bombs and bells ring when she blinks, and I don't even need to mention Hanzo.

If you look at Heroes of the Storm, the Legendaries they have actually feel legendary. They feel "meaningful", like you actually got something that changes things, even if not mechanics-wise. Not only do you have new body aesthetics, but you can have HUGE changes to both the Voices, their lines and their skills. Heck, some even have their own Special Mounts unique to those skins only.

Here's Tassadar. Here are his regular quotes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DERGCMJL5nU
Now here are his Legendary Mecha Tassadar quotes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCWc8HGPYqY
And that's not including the changes to his skills and the fact that his Mount is him transforming into a Jet in this skin only.

And while I understand that an FPS is different from MOBAs and that MOBAs can offer alot more changes to aesthetics due to not really needing to aim(much) to hit enemies. But it certainly doesn't mean that the FPS skins can't be creative and be unable to add much. Witch Mercy, Jingle Tracer and Wolf Hanzo are very good proofs of that, not to mention Junkenstein, Mei-rry Mei and Santaclad Torbjorn. They can also make said changes not apply to the other people playing if they are worried of confusing them, like how Nihon Genji has red effects to his attacks on your screen, yet still green for allies. Even if your allies don't see some of the new things from your skin, you still can. You yourself are still being rewarded with new changes.
Basically, with something like the likes of Pirate Roadhog and Torbjorn, which only adds one line to Roadhog's "Before mission" lines and a new "Hello" line to Torbjorn's "Hello" chat. With Witch mercy, Jingle Tracer and Wolf Hanzo, they add new lines to not just specific moments, but to reoccurring quotes that happen consistently throughout the match.
Here are most of Witch Mercy's quotes, although some of them are no longer around(or aren't heard due to broken conversation quotes that still haven't been fixed yet.) and some of them, like her new "On-Fire" quote, aren't among them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoP4fexbGhM

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
No, much like Supergirl, by virtue of having clashing backstory (in her has Superman being the world's biggest hero) it's in it's own "universe" with no current plans for a crossover.

But considering The Flash has more crossover potential than Doctor Who, that could change.
So, if it's like Supergirl, crossover by the end of the first season?

Got it.

Chrono.

So apparently Microsoft renewed the Scalebound trademark and now there's rumors floating around that MS might revive the IP back but without Kamiya/Platinum.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
So apparently Microsoft renewed the Scalebound trademark and now there's rumors floating around that MS might revive the IP back but without Kamiya/Platinum.
They don't want anyone taking the name and profiting off their marketing for it

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
This one was way more one-sided that I remembered. Twintelle destroyed the competition, literally. She takes up most of the votes, not even Helix could catch up with her. Must be a twintails thing or that Hollywood feel.
Helix lost to Twintelle because all Smash players want is ass. :salt:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im still loyal to MinMin; specially after seeing Etika's hilarious meltdown. :troll:

D

Deleted member

It was most likely the "hometown".

I voted for the ninja character myself.

Chrono.

Favorite ARMS character so far is definitely Kid Cobra. Kinda sad he's gone under the radar.

But Twintelle and Ribbon Girl are nice too.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
People are too damn thirsty these days, put a booty on it and people will eat it up...

that sounded a lot worse than what I meant...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom