• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
People are too damn thirsty these days, put a booty on it and people will eat it up...

that sounded a lot worse than what I meant...
Looks like someone is refusing their portion. Well then. More for me. :061:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Shadows of Valentia releases tomorrow.

I guess you can say this is the Alm before the storm.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Looks like someone is refusing their portion. Well then. More for me. :061:
Hey don't get me wrong...I like my fair share of booty too...

But to me a character needs to be more than just a pretty face if you catch my drift...or in this case a pretty behind...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Top 5 ARMS characters list?
Top 5 ARMS characters list.

1-MinMin
2-Kid Cobra
3-Helix
4-Master Mummy
5-Twintelle

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd probably use Byte and Barq for ARMS. I mean it's a Robot and his Robot dog. What's not to like? :4megaman:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Gotta continue the OW Anniversary hype train, this time from Korea. New skins have been previewed. Specifically, Bastion, Pharah, Soldier and Zarya.
-Bastion looks pretty good. Really like the choice of colors. That being said, most noteworthy thing I noticed is that he has alot of tires on him. He's got tires for shoulders and there are tires replacing his behind. Is this a race-car themed skin or something?
-Pharah.....is strange. She's got what looks like a Middle Eastern headdress, some of her body armor looks like it's replaced by clothing, and I noticed that she has shoes rather similar to shoes portrayed by genies. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what it's supposed to represent. Like I said, the shoes are rather similar to genie shoes. Maybe a Genie-like skin?
-Soldier 76 caught me off-guard. Is this supposed to be him when he was experimented on? He's got no hair and a bald cap. Not only that, but what really caught me off-guard is the fact that his bottom legs are replaced with prosthetic legs. This skin reminds me alot of Genji. Both his original skin and his Blackwatch skin. The similarity to them makes this Solder skin look rather cool.
-Power Ranger Warrior Zarya? It looked strange at first, but after observing it, it definitely looks good, especially in comparison to her other skins. That skin also reminds me of the Hanamura skin from Heroes of the Storm. I will have to see it in-game, but this skin does look cool. And it certainly is better than her Goth skins.

Edit: That tweet got taken down. Here are the images.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

1-MinMin
2-Kid Cobra
3-Helix
4-Master Mummy
5-Twintelle
Mine's a bit different. In no particular order.

1. Btye and Barq
2. Spring Man(Gotta respect the Pompadaur)
3. Min Min
4. Twintelle
5. Kid Cobra

Although I pretty much like the whole cast design wise. Not too unusual since many early fighting games have about 8 characters that everybody really likes a lot. Even a strange game like ARMS isn't too far off in that aspect.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My favourite Arms characters? A bit too early to really decide that as I'd want to learn more about them, but as of now...

1-Helix
2-Minmin
3-Kid Cobra
4-Ribbon Girl
5-Ninjara

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
1 - Minmin
2 - Minmin
3 - Minmin
4 - Minmin
5 - Minmin

When they revealed her noodly appendage, my love for her was set in stone. Too bad I'm never going to buy the game.

D

Deleted member

LWA episode 19? More like: 100 screenshots taken per second
https://imgur.com/gallery/yg06f
She's beauty, she's grace

20 minutes into Netflix and chill and she gives u this look

Also, yay, Echoes
Earoiest I'll get it is on Sunday if it has already arrived here, otherwise I'll have to constantly check my local stores for it during the next week.
They said "at launch or the week after" but last time I asked about a game I kept getting this answer so I'm with low hopes, maybe 3DS games are higher priority for them compared to Wii U ones, hopefully
Ryoma gets hated by some fans on for being "bland." He is also criticized by some fans for withholding the medicine needed for Elise in Conquest Chapter 12
I woukdn't call Ryoma bland, he has some nice contrast to Xander's regal demeanor being more of a "act forst, think" later as he never really had to act as a proper leader.
The medicine thing is very dickish though, especiaply with how Corrin later saves the four of them and he doesn't even apologize
Literally who?
Hinoka should be Fates's Kellam
Elise and Sakura both get hated on by some fans for being "typical, bland lollies"
That'd be Nowi, at least they have something going for them and are the ones to contrast the most of the siblings
Besides, Elise helps to improve a lot of Conquest's cutscenes
Xander gets hated on by some fans for his actions in the story.
"Some"
I'd say all, at least "most"
Camilla and Takumi... well, considering how vocal the hatebases for these two characters can get, I'm sure a lot of us here already know why these two get hated on.
Wait, Takumi has a vocal hatebase? WHERE?
But from what I've noticed among the FE fandom, Leo is the least disliked royal sibling. Because of that, it made me wonder what would be a reason to dislike/hate on Leo, so I'd figure I'd ask you all this question and see what answer you could come up with.
He's probably the least hated because he's the only one who actually calls out on Corrin's decisions constantly(Takumi softens up way too quickpy in BR and Anankos is blamed for the whole thing in Conquest), and also not giving two ****s about killing Iago in either route.

Reasons to hate him would be his initial reaction to Forrest(which he thankfully DEVELOPS on in their SUPPORTS, go figure) and his anti-climatic battle in BR but that's all I can think of. Maybe his terrible usage as a Dark Knight(go Grandmaster or Sorcerer yo)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
We better have a Celica based thread title tomorrow. :v

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The medicine thing is very dickish though, especiaply with how Corrin later saves the four of them and he doesn't even apologize
I honestly never found any problems with Ryoma withholding the enemy. Elise is an active participant and an enemy in the war. Why would you help the enemy?

Still better than BR!Xander completely disrespecting Elise's dying wish by going, "Corrin, we're fighting to the death whether you like it or not! Elise died and begged us not to fight in her final moments you say? I don't care!"

Elise helps to improve a lot of Conquest's cutscenes
I personally think the opposite. I found her really annoying in this route compared to Birthright, especially Conquest Chapter 8 where she makes one of the biggest face palms I have ever seen.

Wait, Takumi has a vocal hatebase? WHERE?
Remember the pre-release days of Fates leading up to the US release? That's one of them. I remember countless people on the Internet mentioning things like, "Why should I side with Hoshido when there's that utterly rude guy named Takumi there?"

I'd say this social as well considering the past times I've seen Takumi getting brought up here, it's more often someone expressing some form of dislike for him.

Even elsewhere on the Internet, I'm sure you'll still find a Takumi hater every now and then.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Plan on playing FE Echoes? Don't know what to promote the villagers to? Here are some tips based on what I've seen around
Gray: Mercenary. There's no discussion to be had

Tobin: Archer is certainly helpful as the only other one in Alm's side is Python who needs to play catch up with the gang. Some will recommend Mage because of early Excalibur that helps a lot in Ch.1 but there are better Mage options and his spell list is disappointing outside of it.

Kliff: Mage if you make Tobin an Archer and vice-versa. He gets a lot of useful spells and his growths work perfectly for one. Cavalier is also viable but there are better mounted units on this side.

Faye: Really anything works for her: Pegasus are the best class in the game because 7-8 Mov with no terrain penalty is great, I hear she does a good Cavalier as it's effectivelly a Peg without wings and more Mov at T3, Mage because of Freeze and the 3 range spells and Cleric because two Clerics alleviates most of the HP shortage and she has access to Rescue and Physic.

Atlas: I dunno, Merc fixes his issues but Celica has 3-4 others but there's no harm done when DFs are just great, Mage foxes half of them but Celica has herself and, like, 3-4 Mages. Cav is fine I guess. Archer is good for filler unit but he ain't hitting **** that's for sure.

All of them: Do not touch Soldier
I honestly never found any problems with Ryoma withholding the enemy. Elise is an active participant and an enemy in the war. Why would you help the enemy?

Still better than BR!Xander completely disrespecting Elise's dying wish by going, "Corrin, we're fighting to the death whether you like it or not! Elise died and begged us not to fight in her final moments you say? I don't care!"

I personally think the opposite. I found her really annoying in this route compared to Birthright, especially Conquest Chapter 8 where she makes one of the biggest face palms I have ever seen.

Remember the pre-release days of Fates leading up to the US release? That's one of them. I remember countless people on the Internet mentioning things like, "Why should I side with Hoshido when there's that utterly rude guy named Takumi there?"

I'd say this social as well considering the past times I've seen Takumi getting brought up here, it's more often someone expressing some form of dislike for him.

Even elsewhere on the Internet, I'm sure you'll still find a Takumi hater every now and then.
Takumi was disliked pre-release, yes, but that hate mostly turned into love or appreciation for not sucking on Corrin's **** immediatelly
His usefulness as an unit also helped

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I might have to get internet, a Switch AND ARMS just to beat the respect into anyone who didn't have Helix on their lists as Helix. :4mario:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So @Swampasaur I thought about your little villains challenge and I've come to my decision on which I'd turn into heroes, why and how they'd interact with their former nemesis. While I couldn't really think of anyone in an indie comic I'd turn good. I did come up with two for the main two giants of comics.

DC: Mr. Freeze. Think about it? This guy's only path to villainy is because of a loved one. You have Bruce or someone else cook up a cure to fix her. Freeze realizes that he has years worth of crimes and more to attone for, but can't let himself be turned in because it means time away from Nora.

So he becomes a new vigilante in Gotham. At first Bruce/Batman is apprenhesive ''Because hey I've heard this **** from Selina, Ivy, Edward, and Harley before and they all constantly fall back to some form of crime or villainous act." but Victor is determined to proof Bruce wrong. Bruce tries to bring Freeze in still, but Victor always gets away after assisting Batman in stopping crime.

Ultimately they come to terms when Victor saves not only Robin/Damian, but Commisoner Gordon. Gordon pardons Victor of his crimes and he becomes a full fledged superhero using his cryo technology for good.

Marvel: This one was tough. Marvel so often redeems villains it's insane, but I ultimate decided to go with Alex Wilder from the Runaways. Mainly because I feel his actions were all out of loyalty to his parents. Now that they and the rest of the Pride are gone. His current actions post resurrection seem purely motivated by some kind of contract he signed to get out of Hell. He seem genuinely happy to see Nico again in Avengers Undercover and I believe that he would totally go back to the Runaways if they'd have him.

So I'd have the gang reunite first (and hopefully they will since they've got a Hulu series coming.) and do a plot where Alex and his new version of the Pride are wrecking havoc. Nico and the surviving members of the Runaways question why Alex wants to do this. Alex insists that he wants to make his parents proud. He drives this home. But Nico and Chase discover that in fact it is part of the contract that he signed to get out of hell.

His father and mother are returned to live as part of this whole plot and basically throw him out of leadership of his new Pride. He sees them as they really are finally. Willing to even betray their son and throw him back into hell. He goes to the Runaways for help. The others that aren't Nico and Chase quickly are like ''**** off." but Nico breaks down the contract and brings in Doctor Strange to help her find a way around it.

Ultimately the new Pride is defeated, The Wilders while they remain alive are thrown into prison and Alex returns to the Runaways as a full time member hoping to make a path to redemption.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

To a fair bit, I see sense in both sides. For Ryoma, using the medicine as a means to get Corrin is somewhat clever. Considering Corrin chose his Nohr siblings over Hoshido, Ryoma was probably hoping that Corrin would choose coming back to Hoshido to help his Nohrian sister. At the same time, it fits with his "Act first, think later." nature.
With Xander, at the very least, his reasoning for letting Corrin kill him is somewhat more reasonable compared to other Camus-types, who are just fighting for their country/people. He felt there was no redemption for him killing his sister, so he let Corrin kill him as his punishment. Certainly more reasonable than "fighting for my country, despite the fact that I don't like my king's choices, my country's people probably don't like them and want the other guys to win and the good guys are trying to spare me."

Thinking about it has reminded me what I'd like to see in Fire Emblem from another similar series, Suikoden. Dueling!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HE9Q5ZmWvk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H623VZ3obyk
https://youtu.be/jG9ny-w1tP8?t=139

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
top 5 arms characters? okay
1. Bayonetta
2. Cammy
3. Tony Hawk
4. Lucario
4. Flubber
4. Kirby
4. D.va
4. Robocop
4. Naruto
5. Mummies Alive

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Has Black Ops 1 and 2 been released with all their DLC on disc?

Been itching to play some zombies.
Nope, they've never released a game with all the DLC and they never will because they want to squeeze money out of everyone they can for as long as they can. Shady as **** but I guess it works.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Has Black Ops 1 and 2 been released with all their DLC on disc?

Been itching to play some zombies.
No, but Black Ops 3 is getting a Zombie's expansion pack with 8 maps from WaW to Blops 2

edit: oh wait, on disc. Good luck

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Top 5 ARMS characters

1. Ribbon Girl
2. MinMin
3. Twintelle
4. Master Mummy
5. Helix

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
...*sigh* I miss playing BO Zombies...

But that being said I'm not paying for that DLC again. **** that. :4megaman:

Honestly, I just want to shoot **** again. Doesn't even have to be Zombies. Just a shooter I can sit down by myself with and just kill time.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Owlboy is coming to the Switch! I am so thrilled, it was right at the top of my list of indies I was hoping would make their way over! ^_^

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...*sigh* I miss playing BO Zombies...

But that being said I'm not paying for that DLC again. **** that. :4megaman:

Honestly, I just want to shoot **** again. Doesn't even have to be Zombies. Just a shooter I can sit down by myself with and just kill time.
Body order zombies? Ah, who am I to judge, but just know that I don't know a thing about that subject.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I am very aware of that. The problem is that these a majority of these Legendaries only do body aesthetics, with mostly either one or two new lines that aren't really common. As much as I absolutely love the likes of Bajie Roadhog(Rake Hook is best hook), Baldarich Reinhardt, all of Zenyatta's skins and whatnot, but besides their body looks, they don't do anything else compared to the likes of Witch Mercy, Jingle Tracer and Hanzo's Wolf skins.
Which have not only the body aesthetics, but also alot of new voice lines, to the point where it feels like they are an alternate version of the character, and changes to their skills. Witch Mercy has hexagram symbols added to her spells, Jingle Tracer uses Peppermint Pulse Bombs and bells ring when she blinks, and I don't even need to mention Hanzo.

If you look at Heroes of the Storm, the Legendaries they have actually feel legendary. They feel "meaningful", like you actually got something that changes things, even if not mechanics-wise. Not only do you have new body aesthetics, but you can have HUGE changes to both the Voices, their lines and their skills. Heck, some even have their own Special Mounts unique to those skins only.
So what your saying is, despite there are legendary skins in Overwatch have meaningful skins with unique voicelines and attack effects, but you want more of that? I'm not saying that it will never happen of course, but I think making skins that not only changes the aesthetics reatly but even their voicelines can take quite some time. Witch Mercy, Junkenstein, and Pumpkin Reaper's voicelines weren't added until another patch came out.
I also remember people argue Mei's Christmas skin shouldn't be legendary at all, which I'm partially agree.
I do hope they can not only change skins but also on voicelines when it comes to legendary skins. However, I think it's given an inch if you want more than just colors on epic skins.

1-MinMin
2-Kid Cobra
3-Helix
4-Master Mummy
5-Twintelle
1-Minmin
2-Spring Man
3-Ninjara
4-Helix
5-Mechanica

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Soooooooooo.....

The new Linkin Park album...

I just listened to it and legit liked just two maybe three songs...Not that it's bad, buuuut...I'm not particularly happy with the direction they went with this album overall...I've accepted a long time ago that they likely won't go back to their style in Hybrid Theory/Meteora (which already makes me sad as is) but this is the first time in the 17 years that I've followed this band that I can say that I'm really disappointed in the music they've produced...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Here's a spicy little topic that just crossed my mind:

What would be a reason to dislike Leo in Fire Emblem Fates? In other words, what lowers Leo's likability as a character?

One thing I've noticed is that the royals in Fates have a reason they get hated on by some fans or receive lower likability compared to other characters:
  • Ryoma gets hated by some fans on for being "bland." He is also criticized by some fans for withholding the medicine needed for Elise in Conquest Chapter 12
  • Hinoka gets hated by some fans for being "bland," "forgettable," and having no relevance to the story.
  • Elise and Sakura both get hated on by some fans for being "typical, bland lollies"
  • Xander gets hated on by some fans for his actions in the story.
  • Camilla and Takumi... well, considering how vocal the hatebases for these two characters can get, I'm sure a lot of us here already know why these two get hated on.
But from what I've noticed among the FE fandom, Leo is the least disliked royal sibling. Because of that, it made me wonder what would be a reason to dislike/hate on Leo, so I'd figure I'd ask you all this question and see what answer you could come up with.
I think it's because the character has no moments that reflect badly on him throughout the story. He doesn't have any controversial or annoying traits like Camilla, he has an actual role unlike Hinoka, the plot doesn't write him to be a complete idiot as it so wishes like with Xander, he's one of the few characters who shows some sort of development, and he's not bland or generic. The only other character who can match or surpass him in that regard is Takumi, and I believe the only reason he still gets bile is because he's more rude to Corrin to begin with (even though it's justified that he doesn't trust him). So Leo gets by through being the only sibling that doesn't irritate people at one point in the story, and thus that leads to him having a lot of praise and love when the others falter by comparison.

To a fair bit, I see sense in both sides. For Ryoma, using the medicine as a means to get Corrin is somewhat clever. Considering Corrin chose his Nohr siblings over Hoshido, Ryoma was probably hoping that Corrin would choose coming back to Hoshido to help his Nohrian sister. At the same time, it fits with his "Act first, think later." nature.
With Xander, at the very least, his reasoning for letting Corrin kill him is somewhat more reasonable compared to other Camus-types, who are just fighting for their country/people. He felt there was no redemption for him killing his sister, so he let Corrin kill him as his punishment. Certainly more reasonable than "fighting for my country, despite the fact that I don't like my king's choices, my country's people probably don't like them and want the other guys to win and the good guys are trying to spare me.
I can't say I agree, I felt Xander doing that was worse then the other Camus'. The thing with Xander is that the character is supposed to hold the wishes of his people and siblings in high regard, he respects and cherishes them and would do anything to bring them happiness even at his own expense. So with that in mind, nothing about his suicide by cop does justice to that way of thinking and honestly comes off as completely selfish. By getting himself killed, he ignores the last wish of his sister, who practically begged him to stop fighting and find a peaceful route, he ignores his own misgivings about Garon by refusing to defect, he hinders Corrin and friends by forcing them to fight him and his army, who through this also pointlessly have their lives thrown away (RIP Laslow), and he disregards the work he can do for atonement in life to help rebuild and direct the country he so loves by essentially throwing himself on the sword. So all in all, this action of suicide does more to harm his character as he comes off as thoughtless, short-sighted, and very selfish as nothing about this benefits anyone but himself. So I'd honestly argue he's on par with the worst of his archetype as he's not only loyal to something he doesn't believe in, he's ignoring the pleas of those who cared about him, one of which died for him. That is not a character that I'd say is more reasonable then the other blindly loyal idiots, he still falls into many of their traps on top of his own failings as a character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Owlboy is coming to the Switch! I am so thrilled, it was right at the top of my list of indies I was hoping would make their way over! ^_^

I've heard tons of people love this game but I've never really looked into it. Can I get a quick rundown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom