• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I Found the ultimate argument against flat earthers I didn't even think about

If the earth was flat, measurement from longitude would be consistent from the poles outward as found in real life

BUT Latitudinal lines would increase dramatically after the pole.

If airplanes flew around latitudinal lines, planes would constantly have to be banking right or left, which the don't do. You'd be able to feel it if they were, especially the closer you are to the north pole.

Not to mention planes usually fly the shortest distance between two points, a straight line. With the flat earth map a straight line changes dramatically from what we have on a globed earth.

Planes have a limit to how much fuel they can carry, meaning that the further you are from the north pole (on a flat earth) the larger distance they'd be travelling so the more fuel they'd be using and the more stops they'd need to have - which isn't found in real life.

Regardless of what answers flat earthers give, this is one problem they can't figure out!

...Although they probably would just say something about pilots and aircraft makers are part of the conspiracy
Honestly, everytime I see the talk about flat earthers, I remember that old Dinosaurs sitcom's episode:
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0560687/
When told to come up with an original idea for school, Charlene hits upon the notion that the world is round. However her discovery lands her in jail, and on trial for heresy; which begs the question how free dinosaurs are to think and say what they believe.
After she is eventually sentenced to death, her only request is that it must be by throwing her off the Earth's edge
The episode then does an 80 days timeskip with the cops bringing her back and freeing her
Charlene Sinclair: They couldn't throw us off the end of the world because there isn't any, we walked all the way around!

Unrelated but it's from the episode
How did they manage to get this under the radar?
This actually isn't necessarily true. If you're trying to grind out characters to their max possible stats then yeah, but you don't need to do this to beat the game, that's a over the top completionist's errand.

You have to consider the utility of the unit when promoted as well. Some units also get really slow stat growths in their base class (Lukas is one of them), so if you don't promote them early on they become obsolete early on. The promoted classes may also have Skills that you might want ASAP. Seraphim magic is a good example in the Mage and Cleric classlines for some units.

Erureido Erureido I recommend promoting Lukas as soon as you can because I tried holding off and I was starting to find him obsolete. His intended role is as a tank, but if you keep him in Soldier class too long, he will stop getting Defense growths and won't be getting much in other areas either. This means he won't be able to dish out or take much damage against higher level units (he doesn't have great Spd either so even Clair was easily outclassing him in damage output). As soon as I promoted him to General though, he became a much more viable tank unit with decent damage output.

Granted, I'm playing on Hard Classic so your mileage may vary.
I think promoted classes don't have more growths than their unpromoted versions, iirc, the class line DKES have some small modifiers but they're consistent throughout the line

Still, promoting early is best also because of EXP gains and the "lost" levels only really natter if you're grinding.
Postgame isn't that difficult that you need maxed out stats but even then, for Ch.6, you might as well just pick Alm+Celica+Whoever is a Merc and abuse the DF loop
There are also going to be two eventual free Villager's Forks to reset whoever you want.

The only time I'd argue against promoting asap is if the unit has somehow triggered enough groeths that the bonuses aren't that worth trading for the levels
If they're onlt getting +1 or a +2, grind them a bit, all you'll lose is some of your time but the maingam still doesn't really need any grinding.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Honestly, everytime I see the talk about flat earthers, I remember that old Dinosaurs sitcom's episode:
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0560687/

After she is eventually sentenced to death, her only request is that it must be by throwing her off the Earth's edge
The episode then does an 80 days timeskip with the cops bringing her back and freeing her
Charlene Sinclair: They couldn't throw us off the end of the world because there isn't any, we walked all the way around!

Unrelated but it's from the episode
Yeah, I'm not saying promoting early is always the best option. But promoting late isn't always best either. If you don't intend to go out of your way to grind much (and you can totally grind infinitely in this game if you want, it's even more generous than Birthright in this regard since there is no cost or wait time for doing so), then promoting late isn't always a good choice since you want to keep moving and the enemies keep getting stronger.

My rule of thumb is to promote units when they start struggling. I left Lukas as a soldier for a while but promoted him because he wasn't very useful even on lower level stuff. By contrast, I've had the option to make Tobin a Sniper for a while but I haven't promoted him yet since he's still doing just fine as an Archer and the extra levels might help in the long run anyway.

Since literally your entire army is available to you for a good while on either Alm or Celica's side in every mission, I've been trying to make sure everyone has at least decent utility, since it's not like Fates where you get a surplus of units and inevitably have to bench some unless you want to grind extra.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I think she's both, so that if you didn't pre-order, you could still get her fairly easily. Who exactly would you want as a guest character? They already said that more than one is happening.

Can't get more obscure than Gon.

Where were you when Inti Creates makes a better looking Mighty No. 9 than Comcept? And it has Gunvolt! I'm kind of mad I really want this. Might get it if I get a Switch.

If I had to pick, probably someone from Soul Caliber and someone not from a video game. Or 80 Jojo characters
I just found that Bruce Timm is a fan of Evangelion and that he even did fanart of the character with his style.
I freaking love that man I swear.:4iggy:
It's lit

Yes my friend. ;)

It's a little weird to see at first but you get use to it. Also, there is a robot in a episode of Justice League that look like a EVA, no joke, look at this.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!:4wario:
I love that episode. And fanart.
I GOT A NEW KITTYYYYYYYY
cute cat

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Echoes, Ghast did a Begginer's Guide for it
Oh hey, I like how they brought the soundtest code back
Yeah, I'm not saying promoting early is always the best option. But promoting late isn't always best either. If you don't intend to go out of your way to grind much (and you can totally grind infinitely in this game if you want, it's even more generous than Birthright in this regard since there is no cost or wait time for doing so), then promoting late isn't always a good choice since you want to keep moving and the enemies keep getting stronger.

My rule of thumb is to promote units when they start struggling. I left Lukas as a soldier for a while but promoted him because he wasn't very useful even on lower level stuff. By contrast, I've had the option to make Tobin a Sniper for a while but I haven't promoted him yet since he's still doing just fine as an Archer and the extra levels might help in the long run anyway.

Since literally your entire army is available to you for a good while on either Alm or Celica's side in every mission, I've been trying to make sure everyone has at least decent utility, since it's not like Fates where you get a surplus of units and inevitably have to bench some unless you want to grind extra.
Wait, you can bring everyone go the maps? What?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I counted all the Serperior LeechLeft stalling I did on people to death/ragequit on Showdown.

Turns out I did it it eight times. Eight times. And six of theme were ragequits. And two of theme were against Serp counters.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Yeah, the cast is small enough that there's plenty of room to bring everyone to each battle. I think it works out at 17 or 18 on each party, and a lot of them don't show up until really late in the game. The only time you can't deploy everyone is in dungeons, where you're limited to 10 units (one of which must be Alm/Celica, of course), and the post-game where the two armies come together (maybe some later maps, I don't really remember). I like it better with a smaller cast, actually; it's quality over quantity, since very few units feel entirely invalidated in comparison to others. I think the only really "bad" ones that you're likely to drop are Clive and Atlas; at least here you have a preparations screen that allows you to pick and choose who to bring in each map, unlike the original where you have to decide this from the world map menu.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The Silque/Faye support is kinda annoying.
Silque wants to be friends with Faye but Faye doesn't want to gossip, she only wants to talk about Alm. Oh but if she's not talking to Alm about Alm she doesn't wanna bother.

Faye is likeTharja ramped up to 11. I can't stand her.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Tonight's the night BOYZ: The FINAL episode of Samurai Jack! I've been waiting 16 long years for this moment to come and it's almost finally here.

And if anyone dares spoil this episode for me, I'll hunt them down and gut them like a fish.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Silque wants to be friends with Faye but Faye doesn't want to gossip, she only wants to talk about Alm. Oh but if she's not talking to Alm about Alm she doesn't wanna bother.

From what I heard Faye is an asshole to anyone but Alm and she doesnt care about talking if they dont want to talk about Alm

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, did I miss something for this to happen?
WAIT WHAT? THERE WAS A POLL?
I love how I can tell which portraits are of each class. Surprised at the first two though
#ShishoWasRobbed
Yeah, the cast is small enough that there's plenty of room to bring everyone to each battle. I think it works out at 17 or 18 on each party, and a lot of them don't show up until really late in the game. The only time you can't deploy everyone is in dungeons, where you're limited to 10 units (one of which must be Alm/Celica, of course), and the post-game where the two armies come together (maybe some later maps, I don't really remember). I like it better with a smaller cast, actually; it's quality over quantity, since very few units feel entirely invalidated in comparison to others. I think the only really "bad" ones that you're likely to drop are Clive and Atlas; at least here you have a preparations screen that allows you to pick and choose who to bring in each map, unlike the original where you have to decide this from the world map menu.
Doesn't each side have like 17 units? So I guess you can effectivelly bring everyone until the Cipher DLC comes out and there are more 4 units around
And even in dungeons you're not even benching half of the cast
I like that, also helps that characters will have usage if they fall behind, mainly Mages and Archers since fhe former evetually get Recover amd Staff-bots are always appreciated and Archers can still deal chip damage as they don't have to get into the frontlines.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I find it funny Faye has a one sided love and is absolutly a bad character where Leon also has a one sided love but he isnt obbsessed like Faye and is a better character too. Even better, he accepts that it isnt meant to be pretty easy unlike Faye who

is unable to forget alm, But married a person that really didnt mind that but Dissaperes randomly at times and worries her family in her ending.

Jesus
I GOT A NEW KITTYYYYYYYY
Thats not a dog or a rabbit and I ****ing hate cats

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
From what I heard Faye is an ******* to anyone but Alm and she doesnt care about talking if they dont want to talk about Alm
It's actually even worse.
In her B support with Silque, Silque offers to talk about Alm with her but Faye basically says "talking about Alm isn't fun if Alm isn't here."

What the ****, IS.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
why does Boey sound like he has an accent
In her B support with Silque, Silque offers to talk about Alm with her but Faye basically says "talking about Alm isn't fun if Alm isn't here."

What the ****, IS.
Ah... Now I really wish I never requited her

I know SoV is hype and all (and the promotion talk is useful for me later) but I just wanted to bring up the fct a new 3DS modding thing just came up.

Boot9strap, meaning, whatever version of a 3ds you have, you can mod all the way to the end (assuming im reading this right)

seems pretty cool to me.

EDIT seems like it needs hardmodding so it might be unavailabe to most anyway

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

From what I heard Faye is an ******* to anyone but Alm and she doesnt care about talking if they dont want to talk about Alm

What the ****, IS.
And don't forget Faye's second base conversation that can be unlocked upon immediately starting Act 3. It's pretty bad.

Faye brings up how she heard that Alm got into a argument with Celica, and then she states (paraphrased) "I would never get into an argument with you, Alm. We've been close together for so long, unlike Celica. You got into a fight with her because it's been a while since you two last spoke, but I would never be like her. Forget about her. Just accept me instead."

Yeah, Faye manipulates Alm when he is feeling down about that argument, and if I was Alm hearing this, I would be slowly backing towards the door. To me, that is just creepy, and for other fans, they might even feel insulted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just came back from the new Attack on Titan episode.

It's slower-paced compared to the last two, but it turned out better than I expected. Not my favorite episode of the season, but I still appreciated it.

Looks like Eren got kidnapped again, only this time by Reiner and Bertolt, who also took Ymir along with her. The others bring up how Eren lost the fight, but that's not true. Eren was on the verge of winning, but Bertolt had to ruin it by crashing on top of them.

Especially happy we got to see Erwin and Jean again. Didn't think they'd be riding horses on the wall, but I know they are ready to deliver some awesome action again.

The flashback wasn't as long as I thought it would be, so I'm glad it wasn't too long. Lol at Hannes not giving a damn about intervening because he was drunk, only to get involved in a fight with the stall owner that requested him to stop Eren's fight. That fight Eren and Mikasa got involved in with the bullies is probably connected with the flashback from the first episode.

I really liked how Hannes comforted Mikasa and Armin regarding Eren's kidnapping. He does bring up a good point that Eren has a very strong will-power, one that allows him to never give up no matter the odds. Then we have the most intense eating I have ever. Mikasa and Armin were aggressively munching on that biscuit! I wish I could eat pizza like that.

But that whole dialogue regarding how Eren always head-charges on his own reminds me of something related to his Titan that was recently revealed in the manga, but I don't want to spoil it. Let's just say, the manga-reader side of me felt more appreciation for Eren than before (though I actually like Eren and he is one of my favorite AoT characters *gasp*) when making that connection.

Looks like Hange was right that Reiner and Bertolt took Ymir and Eren to the Forest of Giant Trees nearby to rest for the time being while avoiding Titans. We see that Eren doesn't have any arms, probably from Reiner biting him out of his nape. Well, good thing he is a Titan Shifter and he can grow them back.

Solid episode overall. Far from a standout episode, but I liked how it fleshed out some characters more, namely Hannes and Eren. Next episode will be pretty good though. I've recently reread that chapter that Episode 9 will cover, and the dialogue between Eren, Ymir, Reiner, and Bertolt will be very interesting.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I know SoV is hype and all (and the promotion talk is useful for me later) but I just wanted to bring up the fct a new 3DS modding thing just came up.

Boot9strap, meaning, whatever version of a 3ds you have, you can mod all the way to the end (assuming im reading this right)

seems pretty cool to me.

EDIT seems like it needs hardmodding so it might be unavailabe to most anyway
I've already got it and I'm installing it on my girlfriend's 3DS as we speak. If you have custom firmware on your 3DS already you don't need to hardmod. Same if you have the Four Swords DSi game. Or some other DSi games

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Speaking of Echoes, Ghast did a Begginer's Guide for it
Oh hey, I like how they brought the soundtest code back

It's already been explained but yeah, as far as Act 2 so far at least, I have always been able to bring my full party, even in dungeons (and I think you can change the active party members while exploring anyway so you're never really screwed anyway). Haven't needed to bench anyone yet and haven't felt the need to either. I like it as it means you get more use out of characters, and you build supports more frequently and naturally.

It also means you can't really screw yourself over by focusing on specific units - like my Lunatic Classic Conquest run where a lot of my strong units are cavalry and then Chapter 19 comes along and is like "hahaha **** you".

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The Jet Set Radio poll was close. Cube won first place with Combo and Ryth close behind her. I knew people had a thing for goths, but not THIS many. Poor Boogie got little to no love from the fandom however.

Next up is the space rhythm game that will force you do dance, Space Channel 5. There are some cool characters ranging from reporters with guns to space pirates with their own robot army. Your choices are Ulala, Pudding, Jaguar, and Purge.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I've already got it and I'm installing it on my girlfriend's 3DS as we speak. If you have custom firmware on your 3DS already you don't need to hardmod. Same if you have the Four Swords DSi game. Or some other DSi games
No DSi games, only thing I got done with modding before was downgrading to 2.1 (or whatever you needed for arm9)

I mean MAYBE I could finish arm9 (if it werent for the fact the guide got removed) and then transfer but that is just asking to brick my console

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Lol...

Tomorrow I was supposed to go help my Dad take some frames for a car shelter from his buddy's place...

But it seems those plans are cancelled because his buddy's wife decided to get a horse...not a cat, not a dog; a horse! So they'll keep the frames for the horse...

His buddy's not happy, my Dad's not happy cuz he needed the frames...but I can't help but think this situation is just hilarious...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
No DSi games, only thing I got done with modding before was downgrading to 2.1 (or whatever you needed for arm9)

I mean MAYBE I could finish arm9 (if it werent for the fact the guide got removed) and then transfer but that is just asking to brick my console
They're readding arm9 back to the guide soon.

Also what kind of a DS? If you have a N3DS and you close it while on 2.1 you're bricked

They're readding arm9 back to the guide soon.

Also what kind of a DS? If you have a N3DS and you close it while on 2.1 you're bricked
old 3ds

i've been on 2.1 for a few weeks now but never go to finish arm9

EDIT someone on reddit says if I wait for someone to update an installer i'll be set. Hope that's true. I cant wait to play FE much longer

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
old 3ds

i've been on 2.1 for a few weeks now but never go to finish arm9

EDIT someone on reddit says if I wait for someone to update an installer i'll be set. Hope that's true. I cant wait to play FE much longer
Well, good luck

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh FFS...

Third party developers are being dumb again...

Destiny 2's not coming to the Switch because 'it's unrealistic to bring an online only game to a portable system'...

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Switch does have online only games like Steep already ported on the system...not that I would've been excited for Destiny or anything but a bs excuse like this is just pathetic...

Its understandable if they feel the system won't run the game like for Overwatch or FFXV, but because its online only? Srsly?!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Oh FFS...

Third party developers are being dumb again...

Destiny 2's not coming to the Switch because 'it's unrealistic to bring an online only game to a portable system'...

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Switch does have online only games like Steep already ported on the system...not that I would've been excited for Destiny or anything but a bs excuse like this is just pathetic...

Its understandable if they feel the system won't run the game like for Overwatch or FFXV, but because its online only? Srsly?!
I mean.. stable wifi isnt everywhere

D

Deleted member

Just watched the new MHA, the fights were quick but fun, especially the Iida vs. Hatsume fight lol
The highlight for me was Momo vs. Tokoyami
Must really suck to be Momo, you could see how devastated she was on how quickly she lost
I'd be sad but Tokoyami is my man

Also
Screenshot_2017-05-20-13-26-39.png

"You used me... for support development!"
I need this edit and I need it now

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm mildly annoyed with Echoes. Spent more than an hour trying to grab that Dracoshield. It's possible, but I didn't grind stupidly hard. Enemy with 42 HP, naturally restores 5HP, can regain an additional 5HP depending on terrain. At that point I gave up as you only do 1HP per hit

D

Deleted member

Alright, finally got Pure Platinum on all Chapters in Bayonetta 2 on the 3rd Climax difficulty! Verse 9 from Chapter XVI was very tricky to finish, and I often had to start over just to get that one right, as that Verse has high score requirements, it seems.

Feels good that I've made it this far. Of course, I get nothing for it, but it was worth the try. Definitely moving onto Infinite Climax later on. I'll also see if I can do the same with the original Bayonetta game in the future.

What a ride!
Are you some kind of a super being?

We're getting there!!! :popo:
Call me back when they'll be able to control both in battles with 3+ opponents.

Ivander

Smash Legend
And don't forget Faye's second base conversation that can be unlocked upon immediately starting Act 3. It's pretty bad.

Faye brings up how she heard that Alm got into a argument with Celica, and then she states (paraphrased) "I would never get into an argument with you, Alm. We've been close together for so long, unlike Celica. You got into a fight with her because it's been a while since you two last spoke, but I would never be like her. Forget about her. Just accept me instead."

Yeah, Faye manipulates Alm when he is feeling down about that argument, and if I was Alm hearing this, I would be slowly backing towards the door. To me, that is just creepy, and for other fans, they might even feel insulted.
This makes me wonder how written characters would feel when someone is writing their lines. You know, like Wreck-It-Ralph, but with characters questioning their writer's choices. Could you imagine Faye thinking "Hey, I can talk about this and this as well. Let me talk about this." and whoever is writing her goes, "Hey, let's keep her talking about this." and Faye is thinking, "Why? I can do more than talk about the same thing. :sadeyes:"
That being said, I think I feel more sorry for her just because that someone decided to write her like that and now it might not be a while until she possibly gets more good qualities. I mean, even Tharja/Rhajat and Camilla, as obsessive they might be, at least do more regarding other things, can keep their obsession to a minimum in some cases and can even give other people their attention. Now I just fear on how they will handle the next obsessive character. I just certainly hope IS gets and understands the negative attention surrounding Faye's character and does not do a repeat.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man getting some of these memories in Zelda is pretty hard, but a good challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom