• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I enjoy Melee quite a bit, but Smash 4 is my jam. Concerning the Smash Bros games, I love them all, with both their strengths and weaknesses. Smash 4 may be my favorite, but trashing the other games and ruining the fun and enjoyment for other people is something I just don't want to do. I love all the smash bros. games, and I have loved the series as a whole ever since first playing Melee in 2005. That will never change.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
>All the top players

What about Leffen, who is giving that vocal minority a larger voice? Dude is a child, but he's a child with a large following who will stand by what he says. I'm sure this will all blow over and nothing will happen, but even then, it's still pretty disgusting.
I seen his Twitter and I follow him, he didn't ***** or complain outright.

He might have been miffed but at the most he just said "Its fine, give Smash 4 a chance but we wish for 2 Smash games at EVO"

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I seen his Twitter and I follow him, he didn't ***** or complain outright.

He might have been miffed but at the most he just said "Its fine, give Smash 4 a chance but we wish for 2 Smash games at EVO"
I dunno, maybe I'm looking into it too deep, but this doesn't feel like "it's fine"
There was a problem fetching the tweet
There's other tweets about how Melee "deserves" Sunday, as though it were entitled to it, then goes on and mentions that Melee doesn't need EVO anyways (which may be true, Smash does have it's own majors, but still).

Sure he's not going off on them, but it still doesn't sit with me well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Are all poke transferred gen 1's with their hidden ability, or was I just lucky?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's not even the Melee community complaining. All the top players and a few Melee guys I know are kinda fine with it and ain't upset.

It's the Stream monsters, r/kappa and /v/ ****posters who don't even play Melee and low leveled players who can't even jump out of pools.

Nobody is upset and it's just a vocal minority which no one listens to
Piece of a top voted comment in SSBM subreddit. 153 points.

My little rant: I mean, aside from outside influences, I really don't get pushing Smash 4 over Melee. Melee has shown steady or increase in viewerships, and has proven to be a giant in streaming (200K+ at EVO). Why prioritize Smash 4, whose viewerships continue to dwindle, over Melee? If it weren't for Nintendo, and what I would be assuming a push for Smash 4 to be on Switch, it'd make perfect sense to continue the trend from last year. Sorry, but watching two characters zone each other out for 5+ minutes to get a grab kill (At like 150-160%) in midst of a heavily defensive game is just not fun for me.
Look at how personal the statement is being taken from the get go. "I really don't get pushing Smash 4 over Melee." A lot of people upvoted this person, which means they are sharing a sentiment that they dislike the idea of Smash 4 getting a spot over Melee and is leading someone to "rant" as they put it.

At the end of the statement, he goes out of his way to mention his opinion of not enjoying Smash 4 for whichever reason which is kind of random, but also kinda further showing the sentiment of "I just don't like Smash 4".

Another top voted comment. 106 points

I agree. I really really ****ing hate when people claim smash 4 "deserves" the same treatment as Melee. More people tune in and follow melee. It honestly just comes down to melee is a better game to watch. Smash 4 is just to slow paced compared melee or other fighting games with hype combos. Sure an outsider maybe able to tell what is going on easier in smash 4 than they can in melee, but the speed and movement makes it that much more interesting.

It's like comparing curling to hockey.
Once again lashing out at Smash 4 because it's not their preference.

on SmashBros subreddit 140 points

[–]CloudChsr Didnt melee doubles have like 20k more viewers than smash4 top 8 just a few days ago , makes sense LOLLLLLL
SmashBros subreddit 78 points

WHAT THE HECK WHY IS MELEE NOT ON SUNDAY
Smash Bros subreddit 205 points

[–]TIGER_COOL You can give smash 4 all the room to grow you want, it still won't make it appealing to anyone who isn't involved in its competitive scene.
I've tried. I really have. It's boring.
I can really dig up a lot more, too. To act like this is just people who get ignored is wrong, there's plenty of discussion here in these threads and hundreds of people upvoting similar sentiments. It really goes into the insult the other game territory just cause it got in over them.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
The way I see it, being a top player makes you a public face of your game. What you say and do represents the community, right or wrong. Leffen's words just reflect poorly on a community that already has a bad reputation when it regards its relations to other games.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Gneh, seeing the Melee fanbase being as immature as ever compared to other fighting game community is just kinda normal to me now.
Their "passion" is becoming just toxic now. While it help them when Melee was mocked by other fighting game community, now they are just using their passion to whine over everyone instead of treating the situation slowy and with maturity.
And it make me sad, I except more from a fanbase that worked so hard to be recognize by other more "serious" community. It's just a freaking shame.
Worst, they are peoples that know that it suck but are still trying to get over it without complaining too much. But they are so little that the most whiny "fan" are the one that are being heard by others, like, **** those guy.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think the community is what made me stop playing smash

seeing people say "Smash 4 sucks" all the time Made me give up on even trying to play. Why would I want to play a game that belongs to such a..crappy community

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think the community is what made me stop playing smash

seeing people say "Smash 4 sucks" all the time Made me give up on even trying to play
Smash 64 is the only Smash game that nobody will complain about it because they are too focused to whine on Brawl,4 and the other fighting game like SF and Guilty Gear. And 64 fan don't complain either because they know who they are and prefer use their time to make their scene better.
Smash 64 is love, Smash 64 is life.:yoshi64:

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
God damnit Overwatch is doing that thing where it glitches and no sound is produced.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So Pokemon Bank.

It'll take all the Dex Data from every game I sync with the updated version?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So Pokemon Bank.

It'll take all the Dex Data from every game I sync with the updated version?
That's what I assume. About to transfer over all my gen 6 pokemon, which includes most of the legendaries

I think I only don't have a few. The rest of the pokemon will be easy to get

Assuming something isn't wrong with my gen 6 pokemon

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Smash 64 is the only Smash game that nobody will complain about it because they are too focused to whine on Brawl,4 and the other fighting game like SF and Guilty Gear. And 64 fan don't complain either because they know who they are and prefer us their time to make their scene better.
Smash 64 is love, Smash 64 is life.:yoshi64:
Oh, the 64 scene is awesome. By far the best players and commentators. :drflip:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Got all my stuff transferred over from Pokemon Bank to Moon and done some quick trades for some rarer pokemon. My Alola dex is nearly complete, just need to get a few more Gen 7 exclusive mon's and I'm done.

The PC boxes are pretty tight up though, kinda wish they added a few more....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How much is the Bank fee again?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh, the 64 scene is awesome. By far the best players and commentators. :drflip:
Praise the 64 brother!:happysheep:
Really, the community really look like how the Melee community was before it went full "baby whiny fanboy that complain when it doesn't get what it want and **** over anyone else.

D

Deleted member

It's not crazy. It just means you're an extremely mature fan. And that is honestly wonderful. :)

Melee VC with online actually sounds like it'd be cool(of course it depends if we can use Gamecube Controllers or not...) for fun alone, and it'd help push the Switch for many players. >.>
Haha, thank you, Irene.

To be honest, depending on how ergonomic the Switch controllers are, I might actually...switch! I love the GC Pad, and it's been my favorite analog stick controller for the longest time, but the more I use it the more I realize how non ergonomic it is for the hands the way it has you bend your hands to grasp it, and with my hand pains I think picking something less straining will be more for me.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Having the National Dex in the Bank and not in the SM games is kinda lame imo.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Although I should add, it required a minimum of $10 being added to your account, then took the $5.01 out of that

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You know how Gen 1 had a bunch of TMs not in any other gen? Any of them useful competetivley? Best I can think of is Tri Attack.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still wonder when Generation II will hit Virtual Console (the only generation that can't connect to Pokémon Bank now)? It can't be on its 20th anniversary like Green/Red/Blue/Yellow did as I ain't waiting November 2019

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Softboiled is best Gen I TM
Only useful for two mon lol. :113::151:

D

Deleted member

"Big tree that leads to a rumored paradise above the clouds"
XC2 is ripping off EOII smh :/
It can't learn Fissure at all in future generations.
GF stealthily made that combo impossible by making them all have HAs
GG
Aren't 1HKO moves banned?
If you hate fun, then yes
If you don't care about what a bunch of salty players have to say, then no

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Anyone know how to remove the top bit while keeping the background transparent? thanks.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Anyone know how to remove the top bit while keeping the background transparent? thanks.
If you have Paint.net (a free program), you can simply crop the image so only :4lucina: is there.

EDIT: Here ya go (But still check out Paint.net. It's an amazing program and FREE)
lucina.png

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just realized that a Smash Bros. accurate Pikachu is now possible.

-Catch one in RB
-Teach it Skull Bash via TM
-Transfer to SM
-Teach it Volt Tackle via Move Tutor
-Add Thunder and Quick Attack to complete the moveset.

:4pikachu:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just realized that a Smash Bros. accurate Pikachu is now possible.

-Catch one in RB
-Teach it Skull Bash via TM
-Transfer to SM
-Teach it Volt Tackle via Move Tutor
-Add Thunder and Quick Attack to complete the moveset.

:4pikachu:
But Thunder Jolt doesn't exist :upsidedown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom