• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Question, does the Pokemon Yellow Pikachu have anything special about it when transfered? It had the light ball in Gen 2 but that was a quirk of programming they turned into an easter egg.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My game feels so complete now that I have a Blastoise, Ampharos, and Exploud in it

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yeehaw! My first Lunar Year Legendary skin for the event is D.Va! The one I really wanted! 1 down, 5/6 to go. Here's hoping for Zen next.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Haha, thank you, Irene.

To be honest, depending on how ergonomic the Switch controllers are, I might actually...switch! I love the GC Pad, and it's been my favorite analog stick controller for the longest time, but the more I use it the more I realize how non ergonomic it is for the hands the way it has you bend your hands to grasp it, and with my hand pains I think picking something less straining will be more for me.
It's no n64 controller, that's for sure. To be fair, one of the Superpads resembles the Gamecube/Playstation 2 controller, and it's amazing. But also to be fair, I really like those sturdy sticks. Really useful.

I'll have to see how the Switch controllers feel. Could be really interesting. I'm more of a classic game who prefers non-waggle myself, but growing up with the NES can have that effect on you.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
reminder Super bomberman R is infact a fully fledged bomberman title on par with any other full priced bomberman game and it being 50$ is wholly justified plus its not even a fullpriced game at 50$ remember there are games running 60$ on switch

could it be cheaper? depends on how much you value bomberman not being dead i suppose

We already know about Marvel in KH (Big Hero 6) so it isn't like it's unprecedented

I dont really see Marvel tweeting about something for KH tho
:061:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
We already know about Marvel in KH (Big Hero 6) so it isn't like it's unprecedented

I dont really see Marvel tweeting about something for KH tho
:061:
inb4 kingdom hearts gets a marvel comic

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I definitely plan to move my Shiny Pokemon, EV trained Pokemon, Pokemon I can EV train and Matsuda method Pokemon to Moon.

I don't know if I want to move my ingame teams that are all on X right now.

For example , I have some ingame mons I still have from the GBA games, the GC games and the DS games.

What do you think? The Pokedex entries are already tied to Bank so I still have them.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I definitely plan to move my Shiny Pokemon, EV trained Pokemon, Pokemon I can EV train and Matsuda method Pokemon to Moon.

I don't know if I want to move my ingame teams that are all on X right now.

For example , I have some ingame mons I still have from the GBA games, the GC games and the DS games.

What do you think? The Pokedex entries are already tied to Bank so I still have them.
I just found out that Poke Bank doesn't keep the dex tied to it, sort of

It depends on what game you have in.

So, Sun and Moon keeps some kind of national dex info in game, you just can't view it.

It changed for me depending on what game I put in it

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
:4lucario: Do you all ever think about what this guy is capable of? :4lucario:

I like mulling it over once in a while and I think people are kind of sleeping on the concept.

It's not really just "Dog that shoots energy," it's an animal that can physically sense the location, species, emotions, and even thoughts of every living thing within a half mile radius, although that last one seems like it's likely an extrapolation of the one before it and probably just an educated guess on a given Lucario's part like how people in some TV shows can guess what someone is thinking when they show signs of certain emotions.

Lucario seems like it could probably be used as everything from a security guard to a living lie detector. Never mind that it would basically be able to feel it's way through the best possible social interactions with everyone it interacts with and be more likely to realize something that would tug on it's conscience, probably explaining the species-wide reputation as a "good guy" Pokemon. And then there's the fact that it can see the invisible through this. And I mean. . .if it can tell the species of a life force, don't you think it would be able to tell if something was possessed? The life force would probably have something wrong with it at minimum, and if it equates to a soul then it would probably outright contradict the body.

There's so much Mundane Utility here that it's kind of absurd. Lucario isn't outright broken like a lot of Smash Bros characters in-universe, but he does have a LOT of unique assets in terms of being actually useful outside of a fight.

Too bad I don't really fully know how to write it out, but I feel like there's a good bit of potential there if you look past his purely combative abilities. It's more than just the whole "The aura is with you" vagueness that the games usually talk about outside the Pokedex, there's a ton of subtle details that are happily let slip under the radar because the implications are probably too complex for some people.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just found out that Poke Bank doesn't keep the dex tied to it, sort of

It depends on what game you have in.

So, Sun and Moon keeps some kind of national dex info in game, you just can't view it.

It changed for me depending on what game I put in it
Wait, what?

Explain.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wait, what?

Explain.
The Pokedex that's available in pokebank depends on what game you have in at the time you look at it

If has the other region pokemon you have in sun and moon, so sun and moon must keep some kind of data

But if you switch games, the pokedex info you have will be different.

For example, I have a Blastoise in my Sun version but not my Moon version. So when I look at the pokedex through pokebank in my moon version it won't show Blastoise

Although I didn't test with Sun and Moon, I tested with Sun and ORAS

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
For example, I have a Blastoise in my Sun version but not my Moon version. So when I look at the pokedex through pokebank in my moon version it won't show Blastoise

But wouldn't Blastoise's data from XYORAS count anyways?

I'm getting data from my 6 Gen games just fine. Even when I swap games.

Heck, it even boosted the amount of Pokemon I've seen/caught.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But wouldn't Blastoise's data from XYORAS count anyways?

I'm getting data from my 6 Gen games just fine. Even when I swap games.

Heck, it even boosted the amount of Pokemon I've seen/caught.
Maybe I just read it wrong, but I had a Blastoise in Sun, moves from AS

But checking out the pokedex with a different game in didn't the data for Blastoise

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Back from the arcade. Interesting that the Chain Chomp item in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX works differently than it does in Double Dash!!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Maybe I just read it wrong, but I had a Blastoise in Sun, moves from AS

But checking out the pokedex with a different game in didn't the data for Blastoise
Maybe the Pokedex is tied to the last game you put in?

What if you did...

Sun
XYORAS
Sun again

and...

Moon
XYORAS
Moon

Maybe that could get you all the Pokedex entries.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It can surf and fly(?).
I traded it over. It doesn't have anything special other than it's HA.

Too bad you can't get a surfing Pikachu in RBY. Although IN Yellow it acts as if it's a surfing Pikachu. Just doesn't have the move

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Apparently if you trade a Pikachu that knows Surf in Sun and Moon and evolve it into an Alolan Raichu, it will think the Pokemon is hacked.

But if you trade a normal Raichu with Surf, its okay.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
When I was at Dave & Busters today, I was checking the ticket count on my game card (currently at 3,000 tickets). Someone saw this and offered me $5 to give me those.

I put a lot of work getting those tickets so that guy must be crazy if he thinks I'm giving them up for five MEASLY dollars. :rolleyes:

Chrono.

Apparently if you trade a Pikachu that knows Surf in Sun and Moon and evolve it into an Alolan Raichu, it will think the Pokemon is hacked.

Yeah I heard Joe/Serebii talk about how the hack check is pretty buggy, ironically enough.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have a "Zorua" that's OT is "N"

Did N give you a Zorua?

Last edited:

Chrono.

For those voting in the Fire Emblem Heroes thing, Nintendo has posted the results so far:
There's two Ikes which tells me:

1) They're not mixing in votes for younger/older counterparts
2) PoR Ike being higher means the fandom has **** taste

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
For those voting in the Fire Emblem Heroes thing, Nintendo has posted the results so far:
The smash character seem to be kings and queens (except male Corrin:4corrin:).

That said, there's a lot of diversity here.

Though the international titles are definitely in the lead with Binding Blade and Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem getting exposure due to :4marth::4feroy:.

Still pretty dang cool.

One thing though....

WTF is Nowi doing there?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

What happens if your game thinks the pokemon is hacked?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ike's so cool he's in the Top 5 twice. There's a reason he's my secondary.

There's two Ikes which tells me:

1) They're not mixing in votes for younger/older counterparts
2) PoR Ike being higher means the fandom has **** taste
Yeah Swole Ike is better. Maybe one day people will learn.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom