• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I've been trying out Pokémon Duel.

> Open first booster pack
> ****ing Yveltal

RIP entirety of the first half of the game.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Same, once I get home. I'm already glad that I finally got pokemon like my shiny Groudon and Salamence in the game.
Imma do some hacking before I study for my math test monday, I plan on getting most of kalos
Holy ****, that looks so bizarre, cute and badass at the same time.

Dat 25th Anniversary logo :250:

*checks reddit for more info*
*Crystal Season 4 confirmed*

praline praline , IT'S HAPPENING
There's no release date yet but S4 is currently on the works :250:
I plan on trying to get this costume for my cat in the game, If I can get it that is

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
There's a rumor going around that Rockstar is going to release an L.A. Noire Remaster for the Switch.
I'd get it, especially if they used HD Rumble.

The game looked pretty neat, but I never bought it.

Chrono.

So much for Pokken being a dead game that no one plays or cares about anymore.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here's my updated Fire Emblem Battle Ballot:

Yep, I gave my vote to the shy but strong willed, Sakura. She is a rockin' Priestess when given the Shining Bow (in my experience, she almost solo'd Revelation Chapter 19 because of it), and I find her rather relatable considering how I too can be shy at times.

I'll be honest though: When I saw Saizo's name as I scrolled down to the S-named Fates characters, I almost picked him. He's my favorite of the ninja trio with a pretty interesting character: edgy but has a dorky side to him. I like him far more than Kaze too, namely because most of Saizo's supports are pretty interesting compared to his brother's. In the end, I decided to give my vote to the underdog pick: Sakura. Perhaps I might vote for Saizo later on, but with the days ticking down and the potential for me to repeat my votes for everyone in Team Takumi, I'm not sure if he'll be picked, especially when I have other characters I'd love to give my vote toward.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
it wouldnt matter if tou had Yveltal if it lands on miss in battles though:035:
Yveltal basically never misses. That's the best part: the Miss spaces on Yveltal are incredibly small and far apart. 100 power Oblivion Wing also helps. :p

D

Deleted member

Melee's community really needs to shape up and stop being so overly emotional and confrontational. Let another game get a boost for once.

D

Deleted member

What did they do THIS time?

Also GameXplain proved the possiblity of chain attacks in XC2 yussssss
Melee is not getting the Sunday slot at EVO and Smash 4 is this time, but Melee is still getting the Saturday slot and thus Melee community is readying their pitchforks and talking about how popular their games and they deserve it over Smash 4 and just a bunch of nonsense and immaturity.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Melee's community really needs to shape up and stop being so overly emotional and confrontational. Let another game get a boost for once.
Don't they want both Smash games on the big stage?

D

Deleted member

Only because it means they get in per say. They'd be totally fine with Smash 4 not being on the big stage if only they got in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You're asking if Melee elitists want a game that isn't Melee to get attention
Melee is not getting the Sunday slot at EVO and Smash 4 is this time, but Melee is still getting the Saturday slot and thus Melee community is readying their pitchforks and talking about how popular their games and they deserve it over Smash 4 and just a bunch of nonsense and immaturity.
Christ. I can't think of a single more toxic fighting game community than Melee. Granted, I'm a scrub who doesn't look at everything, but from what I hear, games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and MVC are a lot more friendly

D

Deleted member

Christ. I can't think of a single more toxic fighting game community than Melee. Granted, I'm a scrub who doesn't look at everything, but from what I hear, games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and MVC are a lot more friendly
I frequent a lot of gaming communities, and at least in terms of Fighting games, I'd argue it's the worst easily. Brawl days + Finals Smash 4 chants + all the entitlement and immaturity being boasted across that scene on social media. Like, it really is. Just reading the Melee subreddit today just had me scratching my head so much.

The craziest thing is is that I'm such a huge fan of Melee and watch Melee streams (possibly even more so than Smash 4 streams).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hate the narrative of gamer entitlement as presented by the gaming press but stuff like the worst parts of Melee's base show it's not entirely a myth.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
playing pokemon duel "huh this ai is super easy" sees that my energy wasnt going down "whats quests?....oh i was playing pvp....huh" *the ext day* "alright i got enough diamond for a 6 pack lets go "3 uncommons 2 rares and my EX is keldeo* welp thats a good time

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I guess everyone got Pokemon Duel today, while I got Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links.

Hopefully Duel Links will be good. It'll be the first time I've played Yu-Gi-Oh outside of my friends.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I mean, Chinese New Year is coming and I might get real red envelops. Maybe I will spend a couple of lootboxes like around 20-30.
And Blizzard plz make Terry Crews voice for Doomfist, please...
I think Terry Crews will voice Doomfist.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Aw crap, now I kinda want the Bomberman switch game now that I started to think about it. That's another 50 bucks, argh, how am I going to do this... :eek:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Aw crap, now I kinda want the Bomberman switch game now that I started to think about it. That's another 50 bucks, argh, how am I going to do this... :eek:
I'm still miffed Bomberman is 50 bucks.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hopefully the next event for Overwatch gives Widowmaker a legendary skin.
I wonder which event they will do. I mean, they already said that Valentines and Easter weren't planned, even if Genji, Hanzo and Mercy have lines related to the former. But still, I wonder which event they do have planned if they aren't planning Valentines and Easter.

D

Deleted member

Switch being pricy + Street Fighter 2 and Bomberman being pricey is really just gonna have to make me wait a while to get the system. Like, I expect third party to be the cheaper route and Nintendo games to be full price, but if everything is pricy then I'd be better off holding off for a while.

Shame cause I really like the idea of Switch.

Hopefully the next event for Overwatch gives Widowmaker a legendary skin.
She's so neglected, yet Tracer gets a billion skins in a row. lol

Ivander

Smash Legend
She's so neglected, yet Tracer gets a billion skins in a row. lol
Both her and Hanzo. Hanzo only got the Epic skin from Halloween while Widow at least got the Pre-order costume. With Genji, he got both the Nihon skin from the Summer Games and recently the Oni Skin(which is easily one of his best skins).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wonder which event they will do. I mean, they already said that Valentines and Easter weren't planned, even if Genji, Hanzo and Mercy have lines related to the former. But still, I wonder which event they do have planned if they aren't planning Valentines and Easter.
Day of the dead or Oktoberfest will totally happen this year.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I frequent a lot of gaming communities, and at least in terms of Fighting games, I'd argue it's the worst easily. Brawl days + Finals Smash 4 chants + all the entitlement and immaturity being boasted across that scene on social media. Like, it really is. Just reading the Melee subreddit today just had me scratching my head so much.

The craziest thing is is that I'm such a huge fan of Melee and watch Melee streams (possibly even more so than Smash 4 streams).
It makes me a bit happy I haven't followed competitive Smash much lately. Genesis 4 was the first Smash tournament I've seen in months, and even then it was only casually while I played Overwatch.

I've seen arguments about how Melee is better/more popular than Smash 4, I've seen arguments about how Melee is more popular than the other fighting games there, I've seen arguments about how Smash in general brings in a large portion of the entrants and so both games should be Sunday. Meanwhile Blazblue and KOF community is happy that they're back at EVO in general and Marvel is trying to get their last hurrah before Marvel Infinite drops.

I get that the Melee community is very passionate about their game, but that passion shouldn't turn into vitriol when things don't go there way. I'm still upset that they booed Guilty Gear Xrd at CEO last year because it ran late.

D

Deleted member

It makes me a bit happy I haven't followed competitive Smash much lately. Genesis 4 was the first Smash tournament I've seen in months, and even then it was only casually while I played Overwatch.

I've seen arguments about how Melee is better/more popular than Smash 4, I've seen arguments about how Melee is more popular than the other fighting games there, I've seen arguments about how Smash in general brings in a large portion of the entrants and so both games should be Sunday. Meanwhile Blazblue and KOF community is happy that they're back at EVO in general and Marvel is trying to get their last hurrah before Marvel Infinite drops.

I get that the Melee community is very passionate about their game, but that passion shouldn't turn into vitriol when things don't go there way. I'm still upset that they booed Guilty Gear Xrd at CEO last year because it ran late.
Same. Other communities are just happy to be at EVO, but there's only one game community that has this entitlement and has top players like Leffen throwing out emotional statements that seem progressive, but are actually passive aggressive and more akin to "well if you aren't doing it my way then we don't need EVO".

It's kinda crazy looking back at me when I donated to the EVO 2013 fund for Melee to get in and to look at myself now and how disappointed I am with the scene.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I would only buy it if it was around £5-8.
Um...

I'm all for cheap games...

But that price is ridiculous.

20 bucks is a fair price for everyone involved.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm personally fine with the price of Super Bomberman R. 50-level story mode, customization, and online for a retail title should keep me occupied.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's not even the Melee community complaining. All the top players and a few Melee guys I know are kinda fine with it and ain't upset.

It's the Stream monsters, r/kappa and /v/ ****posters who don't even play Melee and low leveled players who can't even jump out of pools.

Nobody is upset and it's just a vocal minority which no one listens to

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It's not even the Melee community complaining. All the top players and a few Melee guys I know are kinda fine with it and ain't upset.

It's the Stream monsters, r/kappa and /v/ ****posters who don't even play Melee and low leveled players who can't even jump out of pools.

Nobody is upset and it's just a vocal minority which no one listens to
>All the top players

What about Leffen, who is giving that vocal minority a larger voice? Dude is a child, but he's a child with a large following who will stand by what he says. I'm sure this will all blow over and nothing will happen, but even then, it's still pretty disgusting.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's not crazy. It just means you're an extremely mature fan. And that is honestly wonderful. :)

Melee VC with online actually sounds like it'd be cool(of course it depends if we can use Gamecube Controllers or not...) for fun alone, and it'd help push the Switch for many players. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom