• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Now that I mention it, Sega did run a poll last year asking fans what series they would like to see revived.

How much you bet Sakura Wars would be one of those revivals because it won that poll, Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming ?

D

Deleted member

EDIT: a-whoops. Forgot the text...

Anyways, lord? Don't you mean lady, or is she a Daedra Prince? :V
Lord isn't exclusive to men, it's a word used for someone who has power and authority over others.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So from the heroes datamine there is a very interesting banner coming up. And ooh boy I can only imagine what it holds....

The banner is called the wedding banner. IS this going to be like waifus, or wedding versions of characters...? Whatever it is, its certainly something...
Not gonna lie, but I'd love to see Takumi and Oboro in a wedding suit and wedding dress respectively just to see one of my favorite ships make it into a banner like this.

But that wedding banner is interesting. I feel like this could be tie in to some holiday or a special day like National Couples Day, but the latter doesn't happen until September 19.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Not gonna lie, but I'd love to see Takumi and Oboro in a wedding suit and wedding dress respectively just to see one of my favorite ships make it into a banner like this.

But that wedding banner is interesting. I feel like this could be tie in to some holiday or a special day like National Couples Day, but the latter doesn't happen until September 19.
If we have any pair, it better be :4robinm: and :4lucina: or I will riot

Ivander

Smash Legend
all games of this nature have wedding banners specifically in the summer...for reasons ive yet to grasp
Believe it or not, I just found the reason when I was trying to look up more info on the wedding banner.
Excited for this! Asian countries have a June-bride type tradition so I feel like it'll drop in June. Honestly really excited for whoever's going to be wielding the strawberry.
So I looked up Japan June Bride and got this.
http://www.japanupdate.com/2015/06/june-brides-and-okinawa-wedding-traditions/
From Rome to Japan to a European-styled game? Surprisingly fitting.

Anyway, as much as I want one of the new mages, I'm going to be saving up for the new Event banner if it is coming out soon. After getting massively RNG'd and toyed with during the Easter event(especially when they stopped giving Orbs during that time), I really want to be prepared for the next event. And at least with Cecila and Co., I at least know that they are staying compared to the Event characters.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Another image for LEGO Mahvel 2

Also missed this the first time:

With a completely original branching storyline, LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2 introduces amazing new gameplay features, including the ability for characters to manipulate time and a four-player competitive Super Hero battling mode
Should be interesting

D

Deleted member

Lucina's a main lord though. Not as main as Chrom, but still one of the three main protagonists.

Look at me critiquing a ****post.
That's part of the joke(my friends and Zoidberg).
Though I don't consider her a "main Lord" myself.
She does have an unique class and plot relevance but she's not a protagonist and doesn't cause a GO if she dies
She has the same plot relevance as Ninian or Azura(whoever guess what they all have in common gets a cookie) and those aren't considered even Lords at all. Lucina only has the class but that doesn't mean much when Ike, Robin and Corrin are around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
she's not a protagonist
Protagonist:
the leading character or one of the major characters in a play, film, novel, etc.

She's a protagonist.

She has the same plot relevance as Ninian or Azura(whoever guess what they all have in common gets a cookie) and those aren't considered even Lords at all. Lucina only has the class but that doesn't mean much when Ike, Robin and Corrin are around
That doesn't matter. She has the Lord class and she's very relevant to the plot of Awakening.
She's a main Lord that just doesn't cause a game over when defeated in the main game.

Also Ike get's a Lord promotion in PoR, bad example.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Frankly, I'm just happy Kang is in the game. He was one of my favorite characters in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
An expanded version of the Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy box art has been released. Gives us our first look at Coco in the game.

Please Sega, you better be telling the truth on this. I want my Shinobi and Golden Axe back.

Too bad Jet Set Radio is unlikely when Hideki had left Sega years ago with his own project in mind.

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/sega-planning-revival-major-ips
Isn't Hideki a freelance musician now? He could still do work for SEGA if that's the case.

Either way, I'm pretty excited. I haven't been able to play much of SEGA's backlog (which is why I want to change my username), so hopefully this will give me a chance to do so.

Make a Billy Hatcher sequel and I will give them my life savings.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dat title. I was lucky and got Celica on my first pull.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

Protagonist:
the leading character or one of the major characters in a play, film, novel, etc.

She's a protagonist.

That doesn't matter. She has the Lord class and she's very relevant to the plot of Awakening.
She's a main Lord that just doesn't cause a game over when defeated in the main game.

Also Ike get's a Lord promotion in PoR, bad example.

But by that logic, so is Ninian.
And the Lord class is really just a name now when anyone can be one in Fates and there are multiple "Lords" without the class Lord.

Didn't know about Ike's promotion, thought he became a Hero.
Dat title. I was lucky and got Celica on my first pull.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
How many people want to kill you and take your FEH save now?

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
@Falmcelica

That is your new name.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
why else would you buy a Nintendo console? For Nintendo games
Again, it shouldn't be that way.

This is the very reason we end up with droughts of games on Nintendo systems.

When Nintendo fails to get third party support, this means it's entirely on them to provide software for the consumer, alongside everything else they have to do. This means they have to force themselves to put out low budget and uninspired shovelware (such as many of the recent Mario spin-offs) to fill the gaps between major titles, or we end up like how the last two years of the Wii U were, where virtually nothing substantial comes out while Nintendo focuses on software for the next piece of hardware.

Third-party games help fill those gaps and some of them are simply amazing games in their own right. Nintendo only makes a small fraction of the amazing, quality games that come out, and having some of those made by other developers can only help them. This is especially true for the Switch, where the Switch has the inherent benefit of allowing you to play your games on the go. This actually gives Nintendo something that might persuade consumers to invest in a Switch over a PS4 based on the Switch's third-party software line-up, if it's good, because you can't play your PS4 games on the go in quite the same, convenient way.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
With the beginning of Celica's banner, I accumulated 60 orbs, thus 3 chances to get Celica. In the first summoning, the only note-worthy unit I got was a 3-star Lon'qu and a 4-star Nowi. Lon'qu will be used for that Vantage inheritance fodder. As for Nowi, she'll be useful for the future, so I grinded her up to level 20. I got nothing noteworthy on my third summoning (except another Lon'qu, who will be inheritance fodder due to his Vantage)...

But on my second summoning, I got 4 green orbs and 1 red orb. Unfortunately, I still didn't get Celica on the one red-orb. It seemed like I had some chances to get Hector and/or Boey, and I remember thinking to myself, "I feel like I'm getting Boey." And then this happened on my last summon:

Yep, I got Boey. He is now my third 5-star green-tome user following Julia and Soren. Really wish I got Celica instead, but alas, I think he will do for now.

Boey even makes great inheritance fodder. He can learn Ignis AND Renewal. Yep, I think I'll train him up for now, but if I ever get Celica, he's probably going to be Inheritance Fodder for her so that she gets Renewal. I may like Boey as a character, but Soren already does an excellent job as a 5-star green tome user, so I don't see much use in Boey.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Heard the first one was surprisingly good
You say that like there weren't a series of great LEGO games released before that including LEGO Batman 2 which was also an open world LEGO game with Super Heroes.

What they need to do for a LEGO game is finish off Star Wars: The Clone Wars and go into Rebels.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You say that like there weren't a series of great LEGO games released before that including LEGO Batman 2 which was also an open world LEGO game with Super Heroes.

What they need to do for a LEGO game is finish off Star Wars: The Clone Wars and go into Rebels.

I realized I meant the wrong game, I meant the one with the MCU focus which ended up handling the Hulk and Black Widow romance better by actually building it up

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Speaking of FE Heroes, I didn't get any 5-Stars, but I did get a 4-Star Effie which might be useful down the line.

I also got an extra Saizo which I used to give Poison Strike 3 to Nowi. Combined with her Distant Counter, it makes it risky for almost any unit to attack her.

D

Deleted member

Do the LEGO games still do the character creation thing? Last ones I played had it but they were being striped down with each version
Lego Batman and HP were terrible because they couldn't even have special abilities/spells so they were pointless and I don't recall seeing it in LotR

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Zelda is supposedly the next in line for a mobile game after Animal Crossing...

I don't think it's officially confirmed yet however...

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Now that I mention it, Sega did run a poll last year asking fans what series they would like to see revived.

How much you bet Sakura Wars would be one of those revivals because it won that poll, Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming ?
It all really depends on whether or not SEGA actually plans on using the data from that poll to make any new games that AREN'T Sonic. Let's think of all the non-Sonic SEGA releases in recent years.... Yakuza... and I guess Puyo Puyo Tetris counts.... yeah that's all I can think of. At this point, the most I personally think the poll has done is get Sakura Wars back into the limelight.

But hey, I can hope, can't I?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So the teased project with Parappa the Rapper's creator is a kickstarter project called Project Rap Rabbit. The stretchgoals include a Switch version, but it needs to reach 5 million dollars. That's the highest stretchgoal there is. Oh, and speaking of kickstarters having a relation to Sony in some way, what happened to Shenmue 3?

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
So the teased project with Parappa the Rapper's creator is a kickstarter project called Project Rap Rabbit. The stretchgoals include a Switch version, but it needs to reach 5 million dollars. That's the highest stretchgoal there is. Oh, and speaking of kickstarters having a relation to Sony in some way, what happened to Shenmue 3?
Not only is the Switch stretchgoal $5 million, the Xbox One port is $2 million less. Why?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm watching Kobayashi-san Maid Dragon (Yeah, I'm too lazy to put the full title:4olimar:).
And let me tell you, that Anime, it's good, pretty good, very very good.
I love it alright?
Mao emote 3.png

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Not only is the Switch stretchgoal $5 million, the Xbox One port is $2 million less. Why?
It's honestly ludicrous, quite a few devs have said how easy it is to port the Switch, the Switch is a STUPIDLY successful console for something that didn't release during the holidays, it's gotten multiple killer apps in a rather short amount of time with BotW and MK8D. Really, there's absolutely no reason other than the people behind the project not liking the Switch. People give Nintendo **** for not being good with third parties, and that's not entirely wrong, but then this load of ******** happens. Because the Xbox One sold more consoles now maybe despite that being unfair for a 2 month old console? Even then, it should be the other way around in that scenario

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It all really depends on whether or not SEGA actually plans on using the data from that poll to make any new games that AREN'T Sonic. Let's think of all the non-Sonic SEGA releases in recent years.... Yakuza... and I guess Puyo Puyo Tetris counts.... yeah that's all I can think of. At this point, the most I personally think the poll has done is get Sakura Wars back into the limelight.

Indeed. I'll see it when I believe it.

It could be just PR talk and we get nothing noteworthy than the usual PC duo (Total War and Football Manager), Sonic, Yakuza, Puyo Puyo (assuming they would localize future titles), that one Valkyrie Chronicles spinoff (I think it's called Azure Revolution), and the usual Atlus stuff.

The fact that they practically implied one of these revivals is Alpha Protocol (a game that's barely that old or major) doesn't help. As if most of their planned movie projects don't sound that good.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yeah, we can all hope.

Indeed. I'll see it when I believe it.

It could be just PR talk and we get nothing noteworthy than the usual PC duo (Total War and Football Manager), Sonic, Yakuza, Puyo Puyo (assuming they would localize future titles), that one Valkyrie Chronicles spinoff (I think it's called Azure Revolution), and the usual Atlus stuff.

The fact that they practically implied one of these revivals is Alpha Protocol (a game that's barely that old or major) doesn't help. As if most of their planned movie projects don't sound that good.
Pretty sure 7 years is old enough.

But something from the pre-third party era (Genesis through Dreamcast) would have been nice.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Holy **** the more I see Project Rap Rabbit the more of a ripoff it looks
Game will cost 40 bucks
Only 6 stages
Stetch goals only add 2 more stages
Asking for over a million to even get funded
Oh, and the most expensive backer reward involves having dinner with the dev...Sounds familiar...It's better than nothing I suppose!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I got 6 5 stars from my pull. Caeda, Lukas, Lucina <3, Boey, Genny and Mae.

Genny's art is really good. She's frigging adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom