• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So after doing some research I decided to download iSpring Free Cam for screen capture...

I notice there's some frame drops while recording, which can be slightly problematic for drawing...I plan on doing more timelapse vids so the frame drops won't really be noticeable, but hopefully it doesn't interfere with my drawing ability while recording...

The editor that comes with the program is a bit too simple, but I do have Windows Movie Maker so I can do some video editing there, so iSpring will pretty much be just for recording and exporting...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So from the heroes datamine there is a very interesting banner coming up. And ooh boy I can only imagine what it holds....

The banner is called the wedding banner. IS this going to be like waifus, or wedding versions of characters...? Whatever it is, its certainly something...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I made a mistake

Earlier this year I hung out with this girl a couple times, but I haven't seen her or talked to her in a while

I just found out you are supposed to message the girl first, which is the exact opposite from what I read online. Which said the guy only responds if the girl messages him and never messages her unless specifically asking her out.

But I just found out from another thing that that's wrong.

Oh, I probably pissed her off. Meanwhile I just waited for her to contact me.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So from the heroes datamine there is a very interesting banner coming up. And ooh boy I can only imagine what it holds....

The banner is called the wedding banner. IS this going to be like waifus, or wedding versions of characters...? Whatever it is, its certainly something...
Radiant Down Ike confirmed; showing how him and the Gym got married. :4myfriends:

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

Just remember that there was a Bride class before this. But still, I wonder why a wedding banner? Unless it's connecting Mother's Day and Father's Day.....probably more logical than what they had in mind.

That being said, depending on how they are approaching, we could get something rather cool from this. I mean, the outfits from the Easter event weren't bad. We could get some rather cool designs, although it wouldn't be surprising if they went the basic route:
But depending on who's designing, we could get something potentially badass like this:

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Just remember that there was a Bride class before this. But still, I wonder why a wedding banner? Unless it's connecting Mother's Day and Father's Day.....probably more logical than what they had in mind.

That being said, depending on how they are approaching, we could get something rather cool from this. I mean, the outfits from the Easter event weren't bad. We could get some rather cool designs, although it wouldn't be surprising if they went the basic route:
But depending on who's designing, we could get something potentially badass like this:
all games of this nature have wedding banners specifically in the summer...for reasons ive yet to grasp

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
TIL Celica looked like this in Awakening.

Is good to know she got saved from Waifu Hell thanks to her new design in Echoes. She is still pretty waifuable, but not in an imagebooru dump sense.

Wth Im talking about, I need some sleep.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Scaramouch is ****ing dead.
I'm so so sad right now. :(
Rest in spaghetti babe, you never be forgotten.
-Oh Master, but I- *head explode*
Scaramouch 2017-2017

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Kega Fusion is good for 32X.

Yabause for Saturn.

I used Chankast for Dreamcast games a while ago but I'm not sure how the others are.
Thanks! I'll try those out later today

Is good to know she got saved from Waifu Hell thanks to her new design in Echoes. She is still pretty waifuable, but not in an imagebooru dump sense.

Better than being like Alm, who was stuck in 'Pssh, nothing personnel kid' hell

D

Deleted member

Now that I take a closer look at this art, I can see that a) Celica is wearing shorts, like, super short shorts for some reason and b) the cloth over her is really impractical, it's being blown to the side so all it takes is any wind stronger than the "casting magic" one(hell, that one might just do the trick) for her to flash anyone near her
Also, she's 5 years old for some reason
Thanks! I'll try those out later today

Better than being like Alm, who was stuck in 'Pssh, nothing personnel kid' hell
At least Alm looks, I dunno, not a ****ing sexualised 5-year old
His armor is pretty cool though I don't like the artist's face style or that hair

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My Xbox 360 library currently is Oblivion and Fallout: New Vegas. Got plans to increase that library by a few games- including Morrowind, Fallout 3 and if I can find them, the Fable games. Might also grab other single player games too.

Its funny that I decided to keep the 360. First it was just for New Vegas. Now I'm building a library for it again.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Title=Current Mood
:urg:

Literally everything was three star SI fodder at best. Well, except one thing. I got another five star Chrom. After merging, my level 40 5star Chrom is now +1, so...it's something, I suppose.

One day, Celica. I won't fail you like I failed Alm.

D

Deleted member

The more I think about it, the likelier I believe the next Metroid game would be an HD remaster of Metroid Prime Trilogy.

But that would not be a bad thing, let's remember today's Retro Studios is not the smae as the one which made the original trilogy, so reworking on them in HD would be a good way to become familiar anew to the formula to produce a brand new Metorid game.

Not to mention you can play the game anywhere you want and playing with either motion controls with separated joy-cons or classic control with the grip or the classic controller. Win-win.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I got four star Eirika for some reason.
Änd I don't even like her, but I don't wanna dump her like that.

Tbf I wasn't interested in the new chars for anything but SI fodder (like the new tomes)
All I really want to pull rn is a Klein (I like Leo as well but with all these lords running around for Red, it's a sacrifice to use him over Marf, Cena or Krom)

Same with FCorn and MRobin really, as my Azura refines, almost defines my playstyle.
And I love Klein/Jakob so it's not like I can double-up on certain colors.

Although doubling up on blue might be a decent decision to let Azura focus on dancing, but then again Marf kills most reds anyway.

Maybe a double green team might work to kill the lances that trouble Marf and Azura.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I got four star Eirika for some reason.
Änd I don't even like her, but I don't wanna dump her like that.

Tbf I wasn't interested in the new chars for anything but SI fodder (like the new tomes)
All I really want to pull rn is a Klein (I like Leo as well but with all these lords running around for Red, it's a sacrifice to use him over Marf, Cena or Krom)

Same with FCorn and MRobin really, as my Azura refines, almost defines my playstyle.
And I love Klein/Jakob so it's not like I can double-up on certain colors.

Although doubling up on blue might be a decent decision to let Azura focus on dancing, but then again Marf kills most reds anyway.

Maybe a double green team might work to kill the lances that trouble Marf and Azura.
Pulling for Tome SI probably isn't ideal. Most people are saying the Owl tomes simply aren't as good as Blade ones. And Ragnarok is Celica's personal weapon, so it can't be inherited. SI for their other skills should be fine though, namely Wrathful Staff and Distant Defense.

D

Deleted member

This Boey art just makes him look like Archer more

Boey is a Heroic Spirit summoned as the Caster class.
He even has a white and red-haired original form
Pulling for Tome SI probably isn't ideal. Most people are saying the Owl tomes simply aren't as good as Blade ones. And Ragnarok is Celica's personal weapon, so it can't be inherited. SI for their other skills should be fine though, namely Wrathful Staff and Distant Defense.
They look situational tbh
It's unlikely you'll always have adjacent allies(especially in the harder maps) for them to take effect but when you do they give out some real nice bonuses

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, there's 30 days until Nintendo's E3 showcase.

Only thing I'm expecting, besides the obvious like Mario Odessey, Splatoon 2 and ARMS is something Smash Bros related. But I can't help but think I'm setting myself up for disappointment on that.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah I had a feeling after messing with the simulator yesterday for this banner I'd likely getting nothing with around 50 orbs but I still manage to feel disappointed. :laugh: Hopefully with the 20 orbs that we get after Tharja wins the gauntlet + 3 from arena I'll get something. And I've already accepted that I'll be buying some pulls on the banner that comes next... :urg:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

A really good sequel to a really good movie. Though I honestly prefer the first movie.

Vol. 2 is a lot more goofy, compared to the original's more dry sense of humor.

It's not a bad thing by any means, it still provides the great laughs and charming characters the original had.

I'm glad Yondu got a lot more screen time. I felt he was underutilized in the original, and he quickly became one of my favorites. Really love the dynamic between him and Rocket.

Overall, I highly recommend it to people who enjoyed the first movie.

Also our boy :4pacman: makes an appearance
The sequel really made me want to watch the first one.
Now that I take a closer look at this art, I can see that a) Celica is wearing shorts, like, super short shorts for some reason and b) the cloth over her is really impractical, it's being blown to the side so all it takes is any wind stronger than the "casting magic" one(hell, that one might just do the trick) for her to flash anyone near her
Also, she's 5 years old for some reason
And the artist who drew that Celica artwork is also the one who works on Xenoblade Chronicles 2 character design.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I just found out you are supposed to message the girl first
There is literaly no rule stating that so your good. But what do you think you did to piss her off?

If I get to see Niles in a suit, I will hunt till the ends of the earth for that picture

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I feel bad for missing the post you quoted, LOL.

I can even predict more specifically what will go wrong.

"Oh no, Nintendo didn't announce *insert likely implausibly obscure franchise here*? I'm never buying one of their consoles again!"

"Where are all the third party games? *ignores third party support actually and/or already announced and focuses on one or two companies that don't typically support Nintendo well* Nintendo is doomed because they fail to actually have any games!"

*Nintendo does something legitimately off but overall not too big of a deal* "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-"

So basically Tuesday for Nintendo reactions.
"Where are all the third parties?" *ignores the fact that most people don't buy Nintendo consoles for things other than Nintendo games and the occasional niche Japanese exclusive*

D

Deleted member

I think I should make my predictions for Nintendo's E3, I'll turn these into a bingo later
-FE Warriors will only have main Lords, Tharja and Lucina.
-Ever Oasis is still a thing somehow
-Hey! Pikmin has voice based controls, but you have to whistle for the Pikmin commands. There's only a 10% chance they do what you want however.
-FE16 has children and that's all we need to know
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has a Winter 2014 release
-Splatoon 2: The same **** but now with Horde Mode showcases footage that you could already see in the first game
-Super Smash Bors. For Switch adds the much requested newcomers: Mr. Incredible and Sandbag
-Some sort of skits inbetween announcements or else we riot
-EOV pls
-"I HERD U GUYZ LIEK PERSONA, SO HAVE MORE OF IT!"
-That new Senran Kagura VN saves E3
-Super Mario Odyssey does its thing, I guess
-10 FULL ****ING MINUTES OF NOTHING BUT INDIE ESHOP TITLES
-Retro does yet another DK game
-Metroid Dating Sim finally a thing
-No F-Zero
-It's dead
-Just give up
-Alternatively, switch the Metroid and F-Zero predictions

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"Where are all the third parties?" *ignores the fact that most people don't buy Nintendo consoles for things other than Nintendo games and the occasional niche Japanese exclusive*
...and it really shouldn't be that way.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think I should make my predictions for Nintendo's E3, I'll turn these into a bingo later
-FE Warriors will only have main Lords, Tharja and Lucina.
-Ever Oasis is still a thing somehow
-Hey! Pikmin has voice based controls, but you have to whistle for the Pikmin commands. There's only a 10% chance they do what you want however.
-FE16 has children and that's all we need to know
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has a Winter 2014 release
-Splatoon 2: The same **** but now with Horde Mode showcases footage that you could already see in the first game
-Super Smash Bors. For Switch adds the much requested newcomers: Mr. Incredible and Sandbag
-Some sort of skits inbetween announcements or else we riot
-EOV pls
-"I HERD U GUYZ LIEK PERSONA, SO HAVE MORE OF IT!"
-That new Senran Kagura VN saves E3
-Super Mario Odyssey does its thing, I guess
-10 FULL ****ING MINUTES OF NOTHING BUT INDIE ESHOP TITLES
-Retro does yet another DK game
-Metroid Dating Sim finally a thing
-No F-Zero
-It's dead
-Just give up
-Alternatively, switch the Metroid and F-Zero predictions

Lucina's a main lord though. Not as main as Chrom, but still one of the three main protagonists.

Look at me critiquing a ****post.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Her class is literally the Lord class.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 is a thing.

Players will go head-to-head with the time-traveling Kang the Conqueror in an epic battle across Chronopolis, from Ancient Egypt and The Old West to Sakaar and New York City in 2099. Along the way, gamers will be able to take control of a host of iconic characters, from Cowboy Captain America from the past to Spider-Man 2099 from the future along with Thor, Hulk, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Green Goblin, and dozens of other Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains.
Kang is a character Fox have the film rights for.

Comes out November 14th for PC, X1 and PS4 whilst the Switch will get it a little later but still in time for Christmas.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Toejam & Earl were so close, but the Gunstar Heroes managed to beat them by three votes. Can't blame them, that game was awesome and there are many different gun combinations to choose from. Chuck and Headdy got nada, should have tagged @War Anvil when I had the chance.

Next are the last bunch of Genesis characters before I go to the Sega CD (which has some stuff like Tempo and Eternal Champions). Your choices are Sketch Turner from Comix Zone, Kid Chameleon, Prince Ali from Beyond Oasis, and Scooter from Alien Storm.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And I better not see any Disney Aladdin ****posts here because of Prince Ali.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Toejam & Earl were so close, but the Gunstar Heroes managed to beat them by three votes. Can't blame them, that game was awesome and there are many different gun combinations to choose from. Chuck and Headdy got nada, should have tagged @War Anvil when I had the chance.

Next are the last bunch of Genesis characters before I go to the Sega CD (which has some stuff like Tempo and Eternal Champions). Your choices are Sketch Turner from Comix Zone, Kid Chameleon, Prince Ali from Beyond Oasis, and Scooter from Alien Storm.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And I better not see any Disney Aladdin ****posts here because of Prince Ali.
Anyone who doesn't vote for Prince Ali is lying to themselves. He faced the galloping hordes, a hundred bad guys with swords, and sent those goons to their lords.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Man. That's a bunch of **** right there. >:T
I guess rapping funky aliens and sci-fi boys with loads of guns appeal to them more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom