• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Just some more Metroid creature doodles I've done for the past hour or so...
People might recognize them if they've played Super Metroid...
Metroid Creatures.jpg

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hmm. . .I wonder if it would be interesting for a video game to have several different variants of a theme be able to play in a battle depending on which character is currently moving, like in a turn based RPG or something.

Like, let's say you have Enemy A against a party of four. Enemy A plays their theme normally when they attack, but when Party Member 1 is selecting their moves and attacking their theme is mixed with the enemy theme and the song is played primarily with an electric guitar. Then Party Member 2 takes their turn, with their theme mixed in with the boss theme and a violin is the dominant instrument instead. And so on and so forth. Or perhaps it could even go further and even be different musical genres entirely to the same general tune.

Like a sort of mixing of colors on a pallet, only with music. Each enemy theme and player character creates a different combination.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Hmm. . .I wonder if it would be interesting for a video game to have several different variants of a theme be able to play in a battle depending on which character is currently moving, like in a turn based RPG or something.

Like, let's say you have Enemy A against a party of four. Enemy A plays their theme normally when they attack, but when Party Member 1 is selecting their moves and attacking their theme is mixed with the enemy theme and the song is played primarily with an electric guitar. Then Party Member 2 takes their turn, with their theme mixed in with the boss theme and a violin is the dominant instrument instead. And so on and so forth. Or perhaps it could even go further and even be different musical genres entirely to the same general tune.

Like a sort of mixing of colors on a pallet, only with music. Each enemy theme and player character creates a different combination.
If the music changed seamlessly, sure but I feel it would get pretty annoying

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Not quite what you mean, but Codename S.T.E.A.M did something like this. It wasn't based on character, but the intensity of the music would change based on your distance from the enemy. There would be a track for when you're safe and not in their vicinity, one that plays when you are close to them, and one that plays after they spot you or you engage them in any way. It helped add to the tensity of some of the more claustrophobic maps.

They didn't do this on every map but a bunch of them had this. They also do it for one of the special Fire Emblem themes that can play when you have a team of Fire Emblem characters, I think.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Relic Castle recently held a mapping contest for pokemon routes, and the Rocket Moon Base in this one is pretty cool:

The maps featured were all really nice and definitely cool to see. It's crazy to see what people can come up with in Pokemon mapping.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

If the themes were wildly different, the constant changing might be quite jarring. Also, if turns occured quickly, you might not hear the themes long enough to appreciate anything.

I think it might work, if it was subtle. Like how a drum beat gets added when riding Yoshi. Small layering of instruments might work without feeling disruptive.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>logs onto Discord for the first time in months
>Was apparently asked to judge in a Smash Halloween skins contest a few months ago

Huh.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Today's Puyo poll was strange. Maguro was ignored while Risukuma and Ecolo underperformed. Sure she's pretty much a clone, butt I guess they find Dark Arle an interesting villain.

Anyways, back to the old Genesis days now that we got the small franchises covered. Your choices are Flicky, the Bonanza Bros, Vectorman, and Ristar ( MainJPW MainJPW ).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

There are four hours left and I'm still nervous of crossing that stage.

But yeah, I choose Ristar obviously.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So Relic Castle recently held a mapping contest for pokemon routes, and the Rocket Moon Base in this one is pretty cool:

The maps featured were all really nice and definitely cool to see. It's crazy to see what people can come up with in Pokemon mapping.
You know, that reminds of something that's always bugged me about Pokémon overworlds prior to Gen 6: You ever noticed how they line up their big tree tiles to be in perfect squares? That isn't even close to resembling a natural layout.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The last poll as tough, as was my fight to walk that stage with no fear. Vectorman and Ristar classed many times, with the shooting star winning in the end (Congrats MainJPW MainJPW ). Flicky had some support, but no one wanted the rotten Bonanza Bros. Sad day for them too.

Next up are more Genesis classics, half of them being titles that were developed by Treasure too. Your choices are the Gunstar Heroes (Red or Blue), Toejam & Earl, Headdy from Dynamite Headdy, and Decap Attack's Chuck D. Head.

No more tears, I should be proud of my accomplishments. Now to find my crew and dine in Hell Red Lobster.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There's a pretty vicious ransomware going around. Here's a video about it.

It's recommended that you install every single available Windows updates, as the exploits that allow the ransomware to spread have already been fixed.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

It's recommended that you install every single available Windows updates, as the exploits that allow the ransomware to spread have already been fixed.

Does this include installing the Windows Creators Update by any chance? I don't have it installed, yet I haven't encountered this issue at all...

I'd say the answer to that is no either way.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

My computer says it's up to date, so hopefully I'm in the clear.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Sonic Game Gear takes!
  • Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic the Hedgehog 2/Sonic Chaos/Sonic Triple Trouble- These are all pretty fun 8-bit versions of the Blue Blur. Decent level design, not too difficulty, controls pretty well.
  • Sonic Blast- Same as above, but with the addition of decent prerendered graphics for an 8-bit console
  • Sonic Drift 1 & 2- Fairly mediocre Pole Position and Mario Kart ripoffs. 2 has a decent enough roster though. Yay, Metal Sonic!
  • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine- It's literally just a reskinned Puyo Puyo. Not much to say here.
  • Tails Skypatrol- This game, while a decent little shootemupish kinda of game, is way too damn hard. Like yeesh.
  • Tails' Adventure- A Metroidvania style game, with no major problems at all.
  • Sonic Spinball- Way too slow and floaty for a pinball game. Hope the Genesis version is much better
  • Sonic Labyrinth-
Next up is the Genesis games!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Does this include installing the Windows Creators Update by any chance? I don't have it installed, yet I haven't encountered this issue at all...

I'd say the answer to that is no either way.
I should clarify that this only really effects people with notably outdated Windows 10 systems and other super old systems.

It's also worth noting that Microsoft patched the exploits months ago. If you have updated recently then you are probably clear.

My last update was a few days ago. I've been trying to do another update to be extra safe but it's not really doing anything so I guess I'll leave it.

...I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

D

Deleted member

Gonna post my takes on the Game Gear/Master System Sonic games today

Yep. Saw it today. Super funny, for all the wrong reasons.
That's disappointing to hear, I was pretty excited for it being the King Arthur **** I am
Still going to watch it but have you seen the 2004 one? Like, is this new one at least better than that "thing"?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Remember when malware forced you to git gud at Touhou to release your files? Those were the times.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic Game Gear takes!
  • Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic the Hedgehog 2/Sonic Chaos/Sonic Triple Trouble- These are all pretty fun 8-bit versions of the Blue Blur. Decent level design, not too difficulty, controls pretty well.
  • Sonic Blast- Same as above, but with the addition of decent prerendered graphics for an 8-bit console
  • Sonic Drift 1 & 2- Fairly mediocre Pole Position and Mario Kart ripoffs. 2 has a decent enough roster though. Yay, Metal Sonic!
  • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine- It's literally just a reskinned Puyo Puyo. Not much to say here.
  • Tails Skypatrol- This game, while a decent little shootemupish kinda of game, is way too damn hard. Like yeesh.
  • Tails' Adventure- A Metroidvania style game, with no major problems at all.
  • Sonic Spinball- Way too slow and floaty for a pinball game. Hope the Genesis version is much better
  • Sonic Labyrinth-
Next up is the Genesis games!
I'm baffled by the idea that someone could enjoy Sonic Blast. I actually think it's way worse than Labyrinth.

More power to ya though.

D

Deleted member

I just found this cute Joshua emoji on Serenes and now I'm going to use it to sign my posts(if I remember it) because all the cool kids have an emoji at the bottom of their posts

D

Deleted member

That's disappointing to hear, I was pretty excited for it being the King Arthur **** I am
Still going to watch it but have you seen the 2004 one? Like, is this new one at least better than that "thing"?
Let's just say that the 2004 one got better ratings, the new one was pretty bad, I should've seen the new Alien movie instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I don't I have seen the 2004 one. I have seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail if that counts tho. :yeahboi:
I'm baffled by the idea that someone could enjoy Sonic Blast. I actually think it's way worse than Labyrinth.

More power to ya though.
Why's that?
Let's just say that the 2004 one got better ratings, the new one was pretty bad, I should've seen the new Alien movie instead.
I haven't heard the best things about that either lol

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
What the ****?

I thought that was a joke lmao.
It is real lol.

It was called "RensenWare"

You had to download Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object and achieve a high score on max difficulty (it was possible to cheat tho).
The creator did is as a joke, but it expanded by accident and he released a key to remove the RensenWare.

D

Deleted member

Why's that?
I haven't heard the best things about that either lol
Actually, review wise it's doing much better.

74% vs 27% positive on RT, hmmm.... Though even if I ended up not liking it, at least it's a franchise I have interest in.

Last edited by a moderator:

MainJPW

M.T.A
  • Tails' Adventure- A Metroidvania-style game, with no major problems at all.
Outside of gameplay, there's one thing that these games show that people tend to overlook, and that's Tails' enormous strength.

In Tails' Skypatrol he drags around an object called "Omori":
Which is literally a 10 ton metal weight. In Tails Adventure, he breaks down walls and boulders with his punches. Powerful little guy
Haven't played this game (Genesis Ver.) in years, but from what I remember it's pretty decent. The menu music is murder on the ears though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I got 3100 coins in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and of course the blue falcon was the very last one I got.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yeah, if nobody says that Nintendo is doomed then a tear in the Space-time continuum will open and send the Earth hurtling into a black hole.:laugh:
I feel bad for missing the post you quoted, LOL.

I can even predict more specifically what will go wrong.

"Oh no, Nintendo didn't announce *insert likely implausibly obscure franchise here*? I'm never buying one of their consoles again!"

"Where are all the third party games? *ignores third party support actually and/or already announced and focuses on one or two companies that don't typically support Nintendo well* Nintendo is doomed because they fail to actually have any games!"

*Nintendo does something legitimately off but overall not too big of a deal* "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-"

So basically Tuesday for Nintendo reactions.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Celica banner in Heroes has been datamined. Here's the album of the Hero art.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just spent the last while doing some stuff in FE Heroes, mainly the Quests with Orbs from when Ike arrived. Managed to get all of them done in time now that I have a variety of 5-Star heroes.

Trying to beat Chapter 10 Part 4 on Lunatic with no allies getting KO'd was hell, but I managed somehow.

Screenshot_20170515-041843.png

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The last poll as tough, as was my fight to walk that stage with no fear. Vectorman and Ristar classed many times, with the shooting star winning in the end (Congrats MainJPW MainJPW ). Flicky had some support, but no one wanted the rotten Bonanza Bros. Sad day for them too.

Next up are more Genesis classics, half of them being titles that were developed by Treasure too. Your choices are the Gunstar Heroes (Red or Blue), Toejam & Earl, Headdy from Dynamite Headdy, and Decap Attack's Chuck D. Head.

No more tears, I should be proud of my accomplishments. Now to find my crew and dine in Hell Red Lobster.
Oh man... Headdy vs Chuck D. Head.

That's.... Hard.

Aw **** it my vote is both of them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have 35 orbs saved up for the new banner, plus the two for tomorrow's log-in, plus the 15-20 for the story mode chapter on Normal/Hard/Lunatic. In total, it'll be somewhere between 52 and 57 orbs.

Really hoping to get Celica. I need a good mage and I want to use her because Ragnarok looks OP as hell and I'm firmly on the Shadows of Valentia hype train. After failing to get Alm, I'm hoping for the best here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom