• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I decided to bring back the 24 as I turn 24; meaning I finally reached that age where I reach my full potential and prim-
*jumps out of bed*
*back does a cracking sound*

Oh **-

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Skinks are actual animals too.

and the little assholes always come into my house during the summer. My mom just saw a big one going under our piano. Yeah they are cute and I would keep one as a pet but only if they promise not to bring their whole family

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
and the little ******** always come into my house during the summer. My mom just saw a big one going under out piano. Yeah they are cute and I would keep one as a pet but only if they promise not to bring their whole family
If you can and don't mind potentially sacrificing them (if you don't get to them in time), go outside and try to dig up some earthworms. Put them live on a paper towel to coax him out from under the piano, and then catch it and put it outside.

Unorthodox, sure, but food generally works and skinks only go after live prey.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
If you can and don't mind potentially sacrificing them (if you don't get to them in time), go outside and try to dig up some earthworms. Put them live on a paper towel to coax him out from under the piano, and then catch it and put it outside.

Unorthodox, sure, but food generally works and skinks only go after live prey.
This had me thinking, Idk if there are vets in virginia beach that specialize in lizards tbh. I mean, we have to drive miles just to get a rat for our snake. Its mostly cats and dogs and rabbit stuff just started showing up in stores

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This had me thinking, Idk if there are vets in virginia beach that specialize in lizards tbh. I mean, we have to drive miles just to get a rat for our snake. Its mostly cats and dogs and rabbit stuff just started showing up in stores
As another suggestion, pet stores usually carry feeder crickets. I was going to suggest that at first, since they're a staple of a skink's diet, but they're also much harder to keep in one place as bait.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
As another suggestion, pet stores usually carry feeder crickets. I was going to suggest that at first, since they're a staple of a skink's diet, but they're also much harder to keep in one place as bait.
Idk how my sister does it but she catches skinks right away. I know I should t be making wild animals tame but man is it tempting sometimes
T-minus 5 days for Echoes
Then my hunt for a physical copy begins
there is this thing that is easyer then hunting.

Its called Digital

D

Deleted member

That happened to me since I was 14-15
Mine is doing that right now
Idk how my sister does it but she catches skinks right away. I know I should t be making wild animals tame but man is it tempting sometimes

there is this thing that is easyer then hunting.

Its called Digital
I have already gotten my last two 3DS games, Conquest and Moon, as digital so I want to get some games physically.
Besides, I don't have EShop credit nor can I add any unless the US EShop accepts foreign credit cards

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
TIL about skinks, they look cute (smol croc) but I wouldn't want one in my house.

Chrono.

So I'm basically at the final boss of Persona 5 now.

Jesus Christ, in the last hour or so they've thrown like 3 plot twists at me.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
At least cartridges don't have data size issues these days (though it's still more expensive which is why some Switch games cost more for retail than digital).

D

Deleted member

Oh, disks really do take longer to load, I never knew that
I guess it explains why handheld games load so much faster other than being overall lighter than console ones
And why the FFVI PS1 port has such terrible loading times compared to the SNES version

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The only advantages of discs is lower cost. Although they aren't that much cheaper anymore

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Maybe it's a cartridge vs disk thing. Don't cartridges have better load times?
Actually, PS4 games always do a full install of a game on your hard drive for physical copies. It's like a physical PC game in that regard. Your disc is essentially just your license key, all of the game data gets put on your hard drive.

It's why the PS4 version of the Kingdom Hearts remasters takes no time to load at all, while the PS3 version had longer load times than the PS2 version (PS3 had a really slow disc reader). It's not a direct improvement on Square Enix's part, it's a natural benefit of the PS4.

The load times being longer on the PS4 version of Disgaea 5 is likely due to either the game having more to load somehow (like higher resolution textures or it runs at a higher native resolution), or it's just a flaw on the part of the developers.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
woah, this would ve a super easy way to get another FE amiibo.

would someone mind taggibg me/replyibg to this post so i get another reminder ehen i get hone from work?
Zebei, Lucina is getting so desperate to be with you she's gonna let you buy her for a little more than tree-fidday

Don't let this lifetime-offer on this A cup tier waifu pass you by.

In simpler terms, this has been a reminder

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
woah, this would ve a super easy way to get another FE amiibo.

would someone mind taggibg me/replyibg to this post so i get another reminder ehen i get hone from work?
I think we all know what this means...

It's time for A Distant Demon A Distant Demon PART TWO! WAIFU BOOGOLOO!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Some memorable events and other thoughts of my Sacred Stones run thus far:
  • Lute got a successful dodge on an attack from the Chapter 4 boss and scored a critical to KO it. I didn't think the boss would move, but man, what a lucky dodge and attack.
  • Colm continues to get those lucky dodges.
  • Joshua is an enjoyable character thus far. Haven't unlocked any supports of his on his recruitment chapter, but he's a cool personality. Great unit too with that Killing Edge of his.
  • Didn't think I'd be dragged into a battle immediately after Chapter 5 and couldn't save, but thankfully, Restore Points on the WiiU are a thing. 5x was actually pretty enjoyable though, even with just four units. Loved the music in that chapter as well.
  • I like how the music changes to a pretty heroic tone once there is only one enemy unit left.
  • "I don't fight battles I cannot win." I'm assuming this is Ephraim's catch phrase? He said it twice for the duration of Chapter 5x.
I don't know why, but I have a feeling I'm going to like Ephraim and Eirika more than Chrom and Corrin. Ephraim seems cool so far, and I think I know where Ryoma's reckless strategy tactics come from: Ephraim is much like him in that regard. From Ephraim's dialogue with Valter, this lord seems pretty cool, at least thus far. I'll need to unlock some supports to understand his character more.

Eirika has the potential for some development, though I heard she isn't very well-liked because of a dumb decision she makes towards the end of the game.

I'm curious, what's everyone's opinions of Ephraim and Eirika as characters? In a scale of 1-10, 1 being Corrin/Roy-level of unlikable to 10 being Hector/Ike-level of awesome, where would you rank them?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Today's Puyo poll was strange. Maguro was ignored while Risukuma and Ecolo underperformed. Sure she's pretty much a clone, butt I guess they find Dark Arle an interesting villain.

Anyways, back to the old Genesis days now that we got the small franchises covered. Your choices are Flicky, the Bonanza Bros, Vectorman, and Ristar (@MainJPW).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

There are four hours left and I'm still nervous of crossing that stage.

D

Deleted member

Didn't think I'd be dragged into a battle immediately after Chapter 5 and couldn't save, but thankfully, Restore Points on the WiiU are a thing. 5x was actually pretty enjoyable though, even with just four units. Loved the music in that chapter as well.
You still go to the save screen, just not the back to the map.
There are other chapters that do this, except without the army swap
Also, Orson is better than Seth, he just can't get any exp in that one chapter and it takes a long time for him to get back
I like how the music changes to a pretty heroic tone once there is only one enemy unit left
All the GBA games do that, I find it a pretty nice touch but it's not something I ever missed in other games
I'm curious, what's everyone's opinions of Ephraim and Eirika as characters? In a scale of 1-10, 1 being Corrin/Roy-level of unlikable to 10 being Hector/Ike-level of awesome, where would you rank them?
Eirika is a 6, nothing special but I don't get annoyed by her as much as others. She's also a Myrmidon, effectivelly, and I love those, specially ones that have a Prf weapon that deals effective damage against horses and armor
Ephraim gets a 4 from me, ironically, I dislike him more than Eirika: one for the fact that he... really doesn't have anything going for him other than being reckless(though I do like how that trait of his is shown to be a flaw later on. Eirika has some growth during the game even if she does do pretty stupid stuff) and the second being that he can trivialize his entire route just hecause of HOW GOOD he is.
I mean, Lords are supposed to be good but not supposed to solo the entire game. Yeah yeah, Seth is in this game too but you have the choice of not using him while Ephraim is forced to be in every chapter if you choose his route.
He's also the source of all the incestous implications between the two in the game.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well, my Switch turns on properly if I leave it off for a few hours, but as soon as I put it to sleep or turn it back off and then turn it on again, the infinite error screen is back. Not even initializing the console fixed it, guess I just have to send it in to Nintendo...

RIP save data, at least it was only three games...
All those Korok seeds, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom