• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yep, got stressed af tonight, but my boi won!
Best early Burfday Present Evah!

truexwin.jpg

However it is a bittersweet victory as another driver got badly injured tonight, hope it is nothing serious and I wish him an efficient and speedy recovery.

D

Deleted member

Spelling =/= Grammar though.
I honestly can't tell if you actuaopy took my post seriously or not
Oh my God we're on a fifth one?
How long have I been gone?
You've been asleep for 4.000 years
Super Smash Bros. Melee Brawl 44 Deluxe for the Nintendo Swiitch 3D has been released and they finally added Reckless Silhouette Guy, an Octorok, Dunsparce and Batta the Beast as the 605th FE character

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Not sure how many people here like rap music, but I think this is worth a listen to at least once.

Nearly every word is a rhyme or half rhyme.
I need to give DOOM more listens (but as usual, I'll probably just say that and keep rocking Kendrick or Earl Sweatshirt or any of those other bigger rappers)

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Super Smash Bros. Melee Brawl 44 Deluxe for the Nintendo Swiitch 3D has been released and they finally added Reckless Silhouette Guy, an Octorok, Dunsparce and Batta the Beast as the 605th FE character
That's nothing, you should see Pokémon. There's over 20,000 of the things now!

Gen 76 is the best one, though

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Samurai Jack spoilers:

HOLY.......yeah, I almost have no words for this. Just....woah. What a wham episode.

-The Guardian and his unique time portal which Jack was destined to use have both been destroyed. No doubt Aku even found his portal and trashed the Guardian, too.

-Aku finally returns to face Jack (even if because he was given outdated information that was believed to still be true).

-Ashi is revealed to be a literal daughter of Aku. And Aku discovers that his will overrides her own, transforming her into a shadowy entity that Jack refuses to fight, not wanting to have to take the life of the woman he's truly fallen in love with, especially after everything else he's had to suffer during all these years. He even gives up his sword again because of it, and now Aku has it.

We didn't even see any preview clips from the finale next week, unfortunately. But I think it's safe to bet the Scotsman is gonna show up and save Jack's skin in the nick of time, and he might even be the one who gets Jack motivated to stand up yet again. The Scotsman would probably be very supportive of his buddy upon learning he's found love (that's now in very deep danger, albeit one that's also a danger to Jack h imself) after all these years, too, so that'd be really nice.

Hopefully Jack will be able to save Ashi, somehow....in any case, I'm hoping for a huge showdown before the conclusion, whether Jack still somehow finds one last way to return to the past or truly does have to remain in the future, if at least a finally Aku-free one.

Also, it's a shame a certain supporting villain had to go so early.....but I saw it coming. There's no way Aku would have spared him unless he immediately found out about Ashi, which he didn't. I was honestly hoping he'd partake in the final battle. :lol:

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Donald Glover, AKA, Childish Gambino, AKA that dude who's way too talented for his own good, will be directing an adult-oriented Deadpool cartoon for FXX slated for 2018.
http://2dope.bz/2qrKHG2

If you've never seen, or listened to his work, definitely check em out.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Donald Glover, AKA, Childish Gambino, AKA that dude who's way too talented for his own good, will be directing an adult-oriented Deadpool cartoon for FXX slated for 2018.

I heard he's also going to be Miles Morales in an animated Spidey movie

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid: A show in which even important characters can be axed off the show with life lessons such as "Doctors can't save everyone" with some very sad moments

ALSO KAMEN RIDER EX-AID
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Meanwhile, Zelda still hasn't even gotten its sixth character.
7th. Annoyingly so, Toon Link and Young Link are two actual separate characters.

I do want it to have 6 at once, though. Or more. A lot of choices too(Tingle, Impa, Moblin Ganon, Toon Ganondorf, etc). And yes, I'm noting my first four picks, although only Tingle really is at the top of my list, with the other three on equal footing.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
7th. Annoyingly so, Toon Link and Young Link are two actual separate characters.

I do want it to have 6 at once, though. Or more. A lot of choices too(Tingle, Impa, Moblin Ganon, Toon Ganondorf, etc). And yes, I'm noting my first four picks, although only Tingle really is at the top of my list, with the other three on equal footing.
I see Impa as the most likely. I don't really know about tingle. And Vaati will stay my choice for the 6th character.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I didn't know that it was going to be animated. Cool.

I heard he's also going to be Miles Morales in an animated Spidey movie

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid: A show in which even important characters can be axed off the show with life lessons such as "Doctors can't save everyone" with some very sad moments

ALSO KAMEN RIDER EX-AID
He had also voiced Miles in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. Which is good, since he's too old to play that character in a live action setting, since Miles is a little younger than Peter was when he started. Josh Keaton's probably still my favorite voice for Peter, though there's plenty of good choices for Spider-Man. I wonder who'll they will get for Marvel Infinite.

Also, did anyone catch that newest Episode of Dragon Ball Super? Gohan just ruined Tien's whole life. And Gohan did put up a good fight against Goku, even trading a couple blows in his Blue form. Though once Goku used Kaioken, it was obviously over. We got to see some new tech from Gohan and Piccolo brings back an old move from the original Dragon Ball. Goku also wants Gohan to be the leader of Universe 7's team. We get to see Hit in the next episode.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I didn't know that it was going to be animated. Cool.

He had also voiced Miles in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. Which is good, since he's too old to play that character in a live action setting, since Miles is a little younger than Peter was when he started. Josh Keaton's probably still my favorite voice for Peter, though there's plenty of good choices for Spider-Man. I wonder who'll they will get for Marvel Infinite.

Also, did anyone catch that newest Episode of Dragon Ball Super? Gohan just ruined Tien's whole life. And Gohan did put up a good fight against Goku, even trading a couple blows in his Blue form. Though once Goku used Kaioken, it was obviously over. We got to see some new tech from Gohan and Piccolo brings back an old move from the original Dragon Ball. Goku also wants Gohan to be the leader of Universe 7's team. We get to see Hit in the next episode.
They'll probably get Keaton back if they're reusing assets

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I see Impa as the most likely. I don't really know about tingle. And Vaati will stay my choice for the 6th character.
Impa and Tingle are easily among the top candidates. Or were, I guess. I'd say Tingle went down since some time back. They never got his games to the US, so that hurts. Impa's been getting more love among the various games, though.

That said, it seems like Sakurai is more interested in keeping the Triforce Trio intact and ignoring other candidates. We found files for Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik, after all. Well, file names. Point being is that I'd expect another Link/Zelda/Ganon(dorf) next. Albeit, Moblin Ganon is pretty much the missing part among the Triforce Trio. It helps he's pretty much the de facto original villain of the series. Ganondorf even got a costume resembling Ganon's old color scheme. Zelda 1, if I remember right for which version it's based upon.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Vaati would be cool. Having someone with wind as a major gimmick to the moveset hasn't been seen yet. I wouldn't mind Midna and Wolf Link either, since a mounted fighter should be pretty neat.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always thought in Europe they use "Paki" as a racial slur, but I just had a European tell me it's not a slur in Europe, only in the US

Which is odd because I never heard that slur until people in Europe were calling Jurassic World racist for talking about "Pachi's", a type of dinosaur

So, is it a slur or not? And in Europe or the US

Edit: Another thing I am wonder is what the internet thinks of "Vegan Gains" because I can't stand the guy or his minions.

Encyclopedia dramatica says Vegan Gains employs parody a lot but it's countered by the fact his fans follow him based as if it was serious.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
With some input on Michalis collected, I think I should now ask this Fire Emblem Heroes related question:

Here are the following 4-star units that I am planning on upgrading to 5-star:
  • Sharena
  • Oboro
  • Female Corrin
  • Michalis
Of these four units, which one should I upgrade to a 5-star?

I am considering upgrading Sharena or Oboro to 5-star because I am thinking it'd be good to have another 5-star Lancer. The only 5-star Lancer I have right now is Azura, and while she is already fantastic with her Sapphire Lance+ and her Singing ability, I think it'd be a good idea to have another 5-star Lancer. I'm aware about Sharena's advantages already, but I'm also interested in hearing if Oboro is an overall better unit compared to Sharena.

Female Corrin seems pretty good for tanking purposes, and she can do magical damage from one tile away unlike Robin, so that's why I'm thinking of her as well.

Then there's Michelis, who can apparently turn into a godly tank with the right boosts.

Thoughts?
Late but I would go for Michalis or Sharena. Michalis can be an amazing tank, especially if you give him Quick Riposte and Bonfire. Sharena is also pretty good as a 5*. Plus she and the other original characters alternate through the bonus character roster for the arena, so she can be a fallback if you didn't pull any focus characters that season.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If it weren't for a certain Kong, I'd support Impa too. :troll:

Actually I wouldn't mind if Impa got into Smash Bros. But honestly, when it comes to Smash Bros, ever since I first played Hyrule Warriors, I want damn near the entire cast in Smash.

Especially Young Link~

Actually **** it. Make a Smash Zelda with the entire HW roster. We're good to go.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
As far as Zelda goes for smash, I'd prefer if the next character weren't another variation of Link, Zelda, or Ganon....because Zelda goes a lot deeper than just the three of them...

I'll make an exception for Wolf Link because he'd likely be paired up with Midna anyways...and I'm not just because it's Midna (my most wanted for Smash), but because it brings a secondary character into the roster...

Impa is another possible choice though I feel like she needs another role similar to OoT or SS Impa, cuz I really don't see 120+ year old Impa from BotW being in Smash...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yesterday was tight. Both Ocean Prince and Oshare Bomes tied. But the fabulous skeleton had won if only because he's one of the more unique characters in Fever.

Next up are the new characters in Puyo Puyo 7, which are few in beteeen but still unique. Your choices are Maguro, Dark Arle (clone), Rusukuma, and Ecolo. Almost done with Puyo Puyo before we cover the other Genesis characters like Ristar and such.

Whew, only nine hours until the graduation ceremony. I'm quite nervous to walk in front of those people again.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just want Hyrule Warriors Impa. She'd be badass in Smash.

Unfortunately it won't happen because semantics.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I want Impa in Smash cuz I want more R34 of her

Yet still no Ridley

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yet still no Ridley
What do you mean? He become a boss stage, a sticker, a trophy and a punching ball! Surely, Ridley go everything contrary to other character.
kappa.png

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Watched the series semi-finale of Samurai Jack
Litte bummed with what we got with The Guardian but understandable. And honestly, prior to this episode, I thought the Daughters of Aku was just some crazy cult with no real affiliation to Aku (but I see I'm wrong). R.I.P. Scaramouche

I am a little worried that 22 minutes isn't enough for a truly epic finale but I got to trust Genndy on this. Now I have to be eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeextraaa careful to not get spoilers next week.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Some of you may be interested in this deal with FE Echoes coming on Friday.

Figures I already have it pre-ordered at GameStop AND have a Lucina amiibo.

That being said, if GameStop does something similar with Robin (IIRC they have Robin exclusivity like Best Buy does for Lucina), I'm definitely jumping on it. I haven't gotten around to picking up Robin yet. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think you mean skunks. Dog urine helps and so do orange and lemon peels apparently
Nah, skinks are adorable little lizards, and pretty much the only lizard we have here in Pennsylvania (other than fence lizards but I've never actually seen one).

Look at their little faces. :D

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A little more on Samurai Jack:
I'm not sure what Aku has in plan with the possession of Jack's sword. We already know he can't kill Jack with that sword (seen in Episode XXX: Jack and the Zombies) and I'm very sure he can't destroy it.

Also, I'm a bit confused of this old promo art:

This scene never happened so why advertise it (and NO WAY happening in the final episode)?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
With some input on Michalis collected, I think I should now ask this Fire Emblem Heroes related question:

Here are the following 4-star units that I am planning on upgrading to 5-star:
  • Sharena
  • Oboro
  • Female Corrin
  • Michalis
Of these four units, which one should I upgrade to a 5-star?

I am considering upgrading Sharena or Oboro to 5-star because I am thinking it'd be good to have another 5-star Lancer. The only 5-star Lancer I have right now is Azura, and while she is already fantastic with her Sapphire Lance+ and her Singing ability, I think it'd be a good idea to have another 5-star Lancer. I'm aware about Sharena's advantages already, but I'm also interested in hearing if Oboro is an overall better unit compared to Sharena.

Female Corrin seems pretty good for tanking purposes, and she can do magical damage from one tile away unlike Robin, so that's why I'm thinking of her as well.

Then there's Michelis, who can apparently turn into a godly tank with the right boosts.

Thoughts?
I'm probably in a tiny minority in preferring Oboro over Sharena, for the former's bulkiness. I laugh every time I see someone call Sharena "bulky" - she only has 29 Def at 5*, that's like paper compared to someone like Michalis, whose 35 Def is like the minimum I would call bulky. I think Sharena is best served sticking to her default skillset and buffing allies, rather than actively fighting, unless there are enough reds on the enemy team. Oboro does require a lot more investment than Sharena before she can serve her purpose, though, since her default skills outside of Rally Defence are not that useful. Ideally I think you'd want a +Def Oboro, then give her Quick Riposte, Bonfire/Ignis, and maybe a Killer Lance so her special skill triggers more often (unless Draug or Zephiel start to dominate the arena, the Heavy Spear is kind of lame), and let enemies impale themselves on her. I will say I don't necessarily think Sharena is bad, she just serves a different purpose to Oboro, and Oboro's purpose better suits my play style.

I like Corrin's tankiness a lot, too. She is meant to debuff groups of enemies to make it easier for others to finish the job, but against low-Res enemies and several reds, she can kill decently often too. You can optionally give her Triangle Adept and maybe Swordbreaker, and she becomes largely immune to Falchion users too (of course in this case, someone like Julia will kill Corrin if they so much as sneeze in Corrin's general direction, but most greens will beat Corrin with or without Triangle Adept so it doesn't matter so much). Quick Riposte, as always, is a good option too. Corrin is also a blue, so she'd help with your needing another lancer conundrum in a certain way as well (dealing magical damage is maybe a plus here too, since the most popular reds outside of Eirika and Lyn have poor resistances).

I already explained why I think Michalis is great, so I'll just reiterate my earlier recommendation of him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

T-minus 5 days for Echoes
Then my hunt for a physical copy begins
Huh. Autocorrect didn't have anything on skinks
>Trusting autocorrects
See, here's your problem
A little more on Samurai Jack:
I'm not sure what Aku has in plan with the possession of Jack's sword. We already know he can't kill Jack with that sword (seen in Episode XXX: Jack and the Zombies) and I'm very sure he can't destroy it.

Also, I'm a bit confused of this old promo art:

This scene never happened so why advertise it (and NO WAY happening in the final episode)?
Because it looks cool, duh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom