• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While on video game adaptations, I hope Microsoft keeps their promise on the Killer Instinct comics scheduled for "late 2017".

Sounds promising and want to see how it compares to the 1996 ones.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I remember a live action movie....which was alright, I guess...It did seem budgeted and Cheif had like 5-10 minutes of screentime so it could've been a lot better...
That started as a web series mainly to do with the backstory for a new character they introduced in Halo 4, it was compiled into a film after it was finished. Chief was never the main focus of that so it was fine.

I also remember watching another movie which was a collection of animated shorts...One of which was an anime that featured a Spartan who turned out to be a woman that strongly resembled Samus (she was also silent throughout the episode)...irony
If any of the shorts from Halo Legends were anime it was Odd One Out.
Though the most interesting ones were the ones talking about the Forerunners and the Flood.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
That started as a web series mainly to do with the backstory for a new character they introduced in Halo 4, it was compiled into a film after it was finished. Chief was never the main focus of that so it was fine.

Though the most interesting ones were the ones talking about the Forerunners and the Flood.

Yeah I know Cheif wasn't the focus but that didn't stop the film from being slow and boring for the first hour or so...

Also I do remember seeing that one but I do remember there were others as well...one of which had the Spartan that looked like Samus...

D

Deleted member

I also remember watching another movie which was a collection of animated shorts...One of which was an anime that featured a Spartan who turned out to be a woman that strongly resembled Samus (she was also silent throughout the episode)...irony
I thought you were talking about actual spartans and now I'm thinking about how cool a Spartan Samus would be

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yo, the MHA 1v1 fights finally started and I couldn't be more hyped
First off, obligatory Iida screenshot because he's my precious son and must be protected
View attachment 129111

Then the main event of the episode, the Deku vs. Shinso fight. Well, it hardly qualifies as one in the traditional sense but I certainly enjoyed it.
Shinso deserved more than just losing at the first round considering he has gotten 6 ****ING EPISODES OF BUILDUP, but oh well, I still love him. His motivations are similar to Deku but the difference in that he was born with a Quirk, just not a "Heroic" one. I also like how he actively defies the Bad Powers, Bad People Trope and tries his hardest to get into the Hero Course.
Aizawa is right, the Faux Villain exam is ****ing dumb.

View attachment 129113
View attachment 129112
Hitoshi Shinso, an A ****ing + strategist right here, ladies and gents

But how did it do on other countries? I really hope it gets a sequel because I loved that movie.
Any hope of a sequel is zero
Speaking of nearly dead video game adaptations, do some of you remember the Halo live action series produced by Spielberg?

Yes
I remember a live action movie....which was alright, I guess...It did seem budgeted and Cheif had like 5-10 minutes of screentime so it could've been a lot better...

Odd One Out? You mean DBZ, guest starring the most pathetic Spartan not part of the Blood Gulch crew?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
"Man, I'll be stressed on my aging day due the Turn Left race"

>Checks schedule
>Race is tonight, not tomorrow.

"Cool, I'll not be stressed tomorrow!"
"...."
"Man, I'll be stressed today and salty tomorrow"

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Forward Unto Dawn was a very alright film wasn't necessarily bad (or rather unenjoyable I should say), but it certainly wasn't good either.

Halo Legends was also very "alright." The idea of a Halo anime and Live Action series/movie appeals to greatly, but unless there's actual effort put behind it, I fear the best we'll ever get are the ad campaigns for Halo 3, ODST, and Reach, not that those were bad, just short.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
and I just thought about Jobs so I guess Ill be asking around gamestops if rhey have any openings. Since thats were I really wanna work. Cant work at a pet clinic, I dont have animal science related degrees yet

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'd pre-order the Season Pass if this was on it.

Holy chili dogs.

Although Switch tee + blue dyed Hylian Pants is a decent substitute for ordinary streetwear if anyone wants to do something entertaining with the actual Season Pass. Go on, try it y'all.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I finally got Breath of the Wild.
I don't have the Switch yet (as I haven't really been able to find one), but I decided to just get the game first so that I have it.
Granted, I plan to get FE Echoes on Friday, so I might (read: probably won't) find a Switch on Friday.
Even if I had a Switch, I still don't think I would play Zelda: BotW for a while, as I want to play Alttp and the Oracle games first.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Smh, people don't know how to spell chains, learn your grammar guyz :/

Each consecutive reply gets more and more dream crushing than the last
Spelling =/= Grammar though.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here's an FE: Heroes related question for everyone here:

I know that Michalis has access to a skill that negates the bow weakness against flyers. I have only received the 3-star Michelis, and I have a feeling I'll upgrade him into 4-star soon to give him the skill.

Now, when it comes to promote one of my 4-stars to 5-star, Michalis would be among the 4-stars I'm considering to upgrade. However, I also already have a 5-star Minerva, who is currently the only good Axe-user I have.

That said, who is the better unit: Michalis or Minerva?

If Minerva is the better unit, I'll just keep Michelis at 4-stars and let Minerva inherit his special skill, but if Michelis is the better unit, he will be among the 4-stars I am considering to upgrade to 5-star.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sig literally crushed the competition. At least Rider and Reli did decently. But Lemres got screwed.

Next will be the very last of Fever before it's one to Puyo Puyo 7's universe. Your choices are Popoi, TaruTaru, Ocean Prince, and Oshare Bones.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yes, the last one is Popoi since Twitter is a dim-witted dinosaur that doesn't allow you to edit polls.

Might as well say congrats Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo . Tomorrow is my big day as well. Can only hope for the best. Later.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

I know that Michalis has access to a skill that negates the bow weakness against flyers. I have only received the 3-star Michelis, and I have a feeling I'll upgrade him into 4-star soon to give him the skill.

Now, when it comes to promote one of my 4-stars to 5-star, Michalis would be among the 4-stars I'm considering to upgrade. However, I also already have a 5-star Minerva, who is currently the only good Axe-user I have.

If Minerva is the better unit, I'll just keep Michelis at 4-stars and let Minerva inherit his special skill, but if Michelis is the better unit, he will be among the 4-stars I am considering to upgrade to 5-star.
They serve different jobs. You can't really say one is better than the other, I think. Michalis is designed to tank hits and deal massive damage in return - he doesn't care about being slower than his sister, since you can just stick Quick Riposte and Ignis on him and watch him rain down destruction on anyone who dares cross him. Minerva, on the other hand, is designed more towards player-phase offence, with lower defence and attack, but being considerably faster, and getting Life and Death on her default skill set instead. She can make good use of it together with something like Desperation, especially if you have someone alongside her to boost her speed further. Though her defence is decently high too, so she does enjoy Iote's Shield if you decide to give it to her; but that would be too much like making her do a job she isn't designed to do, maybe.

You can definitely viably run both together, though. Minerva comes with Ward Fliers to boost Michalis' tankiness even further, and if you have a spare Palla, you can throw Goad Fliers on him so he can support his sister too. From there, throw in characters like Palla, Catria (if you inherit Caeda's Fortify Fliers onto her), and Hinoka, and you will see the light that is Flier Emblem. 45 Def Michalis getting 36 bonus damage thanks to Ignis every other turn is my favourite thing in the game, especially now that defence tiles exist. I can definitely recommend upgrading him to 5-star. Too many people just see Minerva's higher speed and assume that automatically makes her a better unit... their loss, I guess.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Minerva becomes one of the best axe users in the game with Skill Inheritance due to her naturally having a high Atk stat, and that's before giving her skills that boost her power.

Inherting Michalis's anti-arrows skill will make her a formidable threat.

The true winner here is that Dedede face.
View attachment 129126
[considerable discomfort]
I think you mean de-de-descomfort. :4dedede:

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While on video game adaptations, I hope Microsoft keeps their promise on the Killer Instinct comics scheduled for "late 2017".

Sounds promising and want to see how it compares to the 1996 ones.
Neat! Glad they're still on of it.

Though I bet it'll be a few months before we truly see something out of this.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

It's Super Mario RPG's birthday today or sometime recent and gaming historian did an episode on Mario RPG because of it

Also, I finally found the McDonald's Bowser toy which is the last one I needed and the only one I wanted.

D

Deleted member

It's Super Mario RPG's birthday today or sometime recent and gaming historian did an episode on Mario RPG because of it

Also, I finally found the McDonald's Bowser toy which is the last one I needed and the only one I wanted.
:079:

Kurri already posted this video here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom