• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, and in Pokemon Go my egg hatched into a Mareep who eventually will be an Ampharos which is my second favorite pokemon.

So, pretty good day so far

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Cartoonetwork put up a two minute video that recaps the events of Steven Universe so far:

Spoilers obviously, but this means two big things.

The first is that this is the first time we have seen something like this and its all to setup the upcoming wanted arc which is really good to see that they are building hype.

Secondly, the description gives us a major plot detail detail (sort of) to the next arc:

Get caught up before watching Steven Universe: Wanted! Here’s a recap of all the previous events before Steven learns more about what happened to Rose Quartz!

So we should finally get concrete info on Rose. This is sort of obvious but I thought most of the background on Rose would be lost due to the rest of the events, so its good to learn more

Getting pretty hyped for the next episodes now!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
With some input on Michalis collected, I think I should now ask this Fire Emblem Heroes related question:

Here are the following 4-star units that I am planning on upgrading to 5-star:
  • Sharena
  • Oboro
  • Female Corrin
  • Michalis
Of these four units, which one should I upgrade to a 5-star?

I am considering upgrading Sharena or Oboro to 5-star because I am thinking it'd be good to have another 5-star Lancer. The only 5-star Lancer I have right now is Azura, and while she is already fantastic with her Sapphire Lance+ and her Singing ability, I think it'd be a good idea to have another 5-star Lancer. I'm aware about Sharena's advantages already, but I'm also interested in hearing if Oboro is an overall better unit compared to Sharena.

Female Corrin seems pretty good for tanking purposes, and she can do magical damage from one tile away unlike Robin, so that's why I'm thinking of her as well.

Then there's Michelis, who can apparently turn into a godly tank with the right boosts.

Thoughts?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With some input on Michalis collected, I think I should now ask this Fire Emblem Heroes related question:

Here are the following 4-star units that I am planning on upgrading to 5-star:
  • Sharena
  • Oboro
  • Female Corrin
  • Michalis
Of these four units, which one should I upgrade to a 5-star?

I am considering upgrading Sharena or Oboro to 5-star because I am thinking it'd be good to have another 5-star Lancer. The only 5-star Lancer I have right now is Azura, and while she is already fantastic with her Sapphire Lance+ and her Singing ability, I think it'd be a good idea to have another 5-star Lancer. I'm aware about Sharena's advantages already, but I'm also interested in hearing if Oboro is an overall better unit compared to Sharena.

Female Corrin seems pretty good for tanking purposes, and she can do magical damage from one tile away unlike Robin, so that's why I'm thinking of her as well.

Then there's Michelis, who can apparently turn into a godly tank with the right boosts.

Thoughts?
I'd say michalias or corrin for your reasons mentioned.

I don't think those two spear users are too good at 5 stars, but I could be wrong, but I'd say wait for other lancers.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I used to be called Mew-2Chainz, but I didn't want to be attached to Mewtwo anymore.

In the memphis scene we have a Chainz, 2Chainz, and 3Chainz ^__^

:150:

Finished Dr. Strange.

• Cape is the best sidekick
  • I dont know who the guy who quit is, Is he another character from comics that will show up later or what?
  • Something felt . . .off about the movie. I dont know if it was the pacing or or the weird side villain but something just felt off. I mean I liked the movie because it's Doctor freaking strange, but something made it hard for me to love it as much as everyone else did.
  • They didn't pay the special effect team nearly enough. That stuff was CRAZY
  • He better be in MvCI
  • Time stuff usually just annoys me but I loved it in this movie
Final Rating: I'VE COME TO BARGAIN

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Here's an FE: Heroes related question for everyone here:

I know that Michalis has access to a skill that negates the bow weakness against flyers. I have only received the 3-star Michelis, and I have a feeling I'll upgrade him into 4-star soon to give him the skill.

Now, when it comes to promote one of my 4-stars to 5-star, Michalis would be among the 4-stars I'm considering to upgrade. However, I also already have a 5-star Minerva, who is currently the only good Axe-user I have.

That said, who is the better unit: Michalis or Minerva?

If Minerva is the better unit, I'll just keep Michelis at 4-stars and let Minerva inherit his special skill, but if Michelis is the better unit, he will be among the 4-stars I am considering to upgrade to 5-star.
Both of them serve different purposes. Minerva is definitely one of the Meta units while Michalis is Anti-Meta. Minerva is purely-Offense based while Michalis tanks and counters. Minerva can practically wreak unprepared teams and the majority of units with her Offense Build while Michalis is very good at baiting and taking out some of the more notorious units, including Minerva. Minerva relies on skills that gives high strength like Life & Death and Fury while Michalis can simply have Iote's Shield to add to his bait & tank ability. Because of Michalis's High Defense, alongside Quick Riposte and Bonfire, he can take out alot of units, including Cherche, Minerva and can stand his ground with Hector, and some Red units like Eirika and even Chrom. Regardless of whether you choose Minerva or Michalis, both of them have very weak Resistance and can even be taken out by some Blue Mages depending on their build.

If you have Male Robin, Michalis and Robin actually work really well together. Robin with Triangle Advantage and Blarraven can take out alot of Michalis' counters and he can defend Robin against Physical Greens and aid with Blues. Robin has Spur Defense to help make Michalis more tanky, but Hone Speed is another good one for Robin, as he can help Michalis get doubled less.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Apparently a driver broke his back in a Nascar crash.
****ing hell, man.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well... isn't it strange that I almost always get sick or some sort of cold from coming home? Oh well... let's hope that doesn't happen when I actually start summer break in about 4 weeks...

Also, I apologize for this being late, but congrats on graduating from college, Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo ! :)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Finished Dr. Strange.

• I dont know who the guy who quit is, Is he another character from comics that will show up later or what?
  • Something felt . . .off about the movie. I dont know if it was the pacing or or the weird side villain but something just felt off. I mean I liked the movie because it's Doctor freaking strange, but something made it hard for me to love it as much as everyone else did.
  • He better be in MvCI
If you're referring to Mordo, who quit in the end, he's a villain in the comics. He's Dr. Strange's main human enemy, though given the sort of threats that Strange deals with, I don't know if that really amounts to much.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Finished Dr. Strange.

• He better be in MvCI
Baron Mordo. In the comics he turned away from The Ancient One because he picked Strange as a successor over him, as opposed to in the movie where his betrayal dealt with The Ancient One's morally ambiguous magic doing.

He's an incredibly powerful sorcerer and Doctor Strange's main antagonist on earth.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not sure how many people here like rap music, but I think this is worth a listen to at least once.

Nearly every word is a rhyme or half rhyme.

If you're referring to Mordo, who quit in the end, he's a villain in the comics. He's Dr. Strange's main human enemy, though given the sort of threats that Strange deals with, I don't know if that really amounts to much.
Baron Mordo. In the comics he turned away from The Ancient One because he picked Strange as a successor over him, as opposed to in the movie where his betrayal dealt with The Ancient One's morally ambiguous magic doing.

He's an incredibly powerful sorcerer and Doctor Strange's main antagonist on earth.
ohhhh i've definitely seen that guy before.

Even looks like he was in the Spider Man cartoon. . .I forgot Strange was in that.
Thanks

Ivander

Smash Legend
Finished Dr. Strange.

YOU HAVE COME TO DIE! Welcome to die!

J/k. :laugh:

Although to be honest, the villain's role was rather lackluster, which is sad because it's Mads Mikkelsen. He had good potential, but I think part of it comes that he wasn't doing that much. At least, not so much compared to say, Green Goblin or Dr. Octopus in the first Spiderman films. They were well developed characters and they were doing alot on-screen.

Anyway, I think part of it comes from that this movie was more of a starting point. Basically, they wanted to do something bigger at first, but because they needed to introduce the concept of things like Magic and the Dimensions, rather than try to introduce the concept and go with something big at the same time which can often backfire, they decided to start with the basics and get the concept across first.
If that's the case, I think that's a good thing. Like I said, trying to get the concept across to people and try to add big stuff to it can often backfire due to giving too many things to the viewer to absorb in. Starting with the basics and slowly working them to help the viewer adapt to said concepts tends to make things more enjoyable in the long run.
Now I hope that they still plan on making Nightmare the villain for the next Dr. Strange movie. He actually sounds like a good potential villain and after the astonishing effects of the first movie, I'd like to see how they'd handle what Nightmare could do.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Does anybody have any recommendations for free screen capture software for Windows?

I've been meaning to get around to doing some projects involving my art and would like to record the progress, hopefully upload some timelapses...perhaps other content involving my art at some point...

Of course having a means to record helps, hence the question...

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Samurai Jack's final episode is airing next week.

Despite some pacing issues, I think this season has been really great so far. I have high hopes for what this finale has to offer.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Samurai Jack's final episode is airing next week.

Despite some pacing issues, I think this season has been really great so far. I have high hopes for what this finale has to offer.
Finale of the series or the season?

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
don't stop.png

Well, won't you all look at that? I think this calls for a bit of celebration.

In all seriousness though, I have had an account for awhile but have not been using much until maybe around last year in this board. I gotta admit that I like the crowd here. Here's to a few thousand more!

I like to thank the academy, my mom, and my friends.

But most of all, those anime pics I got that kept me up late during those cold, lonely nights. :061:

The following is why you always double check what your interns write. They may actually invent a remake of a game people really want to be re-released.

"FE echoes: Path of Radiance" lol

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
For all the Gladion fans and the Pokemon anime enthusiasts here, the second preview for the upcoming Gladion episode has been released. Some new scenes here and there, namely Gladion using his Z-move with his Midnight Lycanroc.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I guess no one really knows of any screen capture software then...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The following is why you always double check what your interns write. They may actually invent a remake of a game people really want to be re-released.

"FE echoes: Path of Radiance" lol
That would convince me to get a Switch if it came out on it. I wanted to start the series with Ike's games since he's one of my favorites in Smash.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yo, the MHA 1v1 fights finally started and I couldn't be more hyped
First off, obligatory Iida screenshot because he's my precious son and must be protected
View attachment 129111

Then the main event of the episode, the Deku vs. Shinso fight. Well, it hardly qualifies as one in the traditional sense but I certainly enjoyed it.
Shinso deserved more than just losing at the first round considering he has gotten 6 ****ING EPISODES OF BUILDUP, but oh well, I still love him. His motivations are similar to Deku but the difference in that he was born with a Quirk, just not a "Heroic" one. I also like how he actively defies the Bad Powers, Bad People Trope and tries his hardest to get into the Hero Course.
Aizawa is right, the Faux Villain exam is ****ing dumb.

View attachment 129113
View attachment 129112
Hitoshi Shinso, an A ****ing + strategist right here, ladies and gents

But how did it do on other countries? I really hope it gets a sequel because I loved that movie.
They also did very well on Todoroki's fight, nearly the same as the manga, yes that also includes Present Mic's expression.I can't wait for the next episode, it's gonna be good.

Ivander

Smash Legend
You know something strange about FEHeroes? Alot of people say Hector with Vantage is a must-have, because of Distant Counter + Vantage + Armads/Quick Riposte....

Yet it can never happen. Armads activates as long as Hector is above 80% HP. The highest Vantage can activate is under 75%. Armads is Quick Riposte 2, and Vantage3 + Quick Riposte2 at the same time in battle can't work. I could understand the misunderstandings at the beginning when Skill Inheritance was a concept at first, but why is this idea of Hector + Vantage = Gamebreaker still a thing?

On the other hand, I wonder how Bruno will work out when/if he becomes available. Unlike Hector's Vantage + Quick Riposte which can't work, Bruno can actually do Vantage + Desperation, like Lyn can(even if she prefers Brash Assault). Depending on how fast he is, that has potential to be deadly, especially if paired with Hone Cavalry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom