• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You want behind?

I'm rusty as hell in Mario Kart Wii. And all it took was a couple matches in a graduation party this night to see that.

This is what months of Mario Kart 8 gameplay does to you.
I've forgotten how terrible Wii's controls were. Took me more than one race just to adjust to the damn "wheel motions".

Good thing I've always used the Gamepad with 8 and never touched a single Wii Remote.

D

Deleted member

Using the D-pad on the GameCube or Classic Controller to perform tricks in Mario Kart Wii felt unnatural after getting used to pressing R in 7 and 8.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I played through Castle of Illusion HD.

Overall a very solid and charming platformer. The squash and stretch animation makes the whole thing feel like a playable Mickey Mouse cartoon.

The controls are definitely something you need to get used to, but it didn't take long for me personally.

I'm sad that SEGA Studios Australia shut down when the game released, I'd be more than happy to pay for a sequel.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Guys, im pretty nevous about walking the stage tomorrow.
Hey, you earned that ****, blood and sweat.

Own that ****.

Rock it, Pumpkaboo.

It's kind of sad that people are resorting to pirating amiibos because they can't find the ones they want in store.
Real talk.

I've considered making some as a craft project.

You want behind?
Yes.

...right, talking about Mario Kart.

Never played MKWii, but it sounds like I'll stick to MK8D.

D

Deleted member

Mario Kart Wii is honestly the worst of the home console Mario Karts. You get hit, you lose so many places as it takes forever for your vehicle to get back up to speed. Even touching the wall drastically hurts your speed in comparison to the later titles which keeps you at a solid pace.

Mario Kart 7 is essentially Mario Kart Wii fixed and better balanced.

Mario Kart DS has so many modes and options, and the way you control the kart is really fun. I think DS is still my favorite, but 8 is my second favorite Mario Kart with Double Dash being third for the arcadey fun nature of it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mario Kart Wii is honestly the worst of the home console Mario Karts. You get hit, you lose so many places as it takes forever for your vehicle to get back up to speed. Even touching the wall drastically hurts your speed in comparison to the later titles which keeps you at a solid pace.

Mario Kart 7 is essentially Mario Kart Wii fixed and better balanced.

Mario Kart DS has so many modes and options, and the way you control the kart is really fun. I think DS is still my favorite, but 8 is my second favorite Mario Kart with Double Dash being third for the arcadey fun nature of it.
Advance and Super are also pretty good, but definitely hard at times. 64 was also fairly balanced. It's pretty easy(or at least not too stupidly difficult) to beat the game with any character on any mode/CC. I felt this is a good balance overall, imo.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
MKWii may be frustrating and unbalanced (looking at you, Funky) but sure it was fun when you embraced the wrath it induces.
I liked to show my 24 Blue Shell scars with pride after every race, drop back on purpose to get OP items and **** a specific racer and set items on wacky.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just thought the controls in Mario Kart Wii were sluggish. It had the same button layout as MKDS, but it felt off.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm just really curious as to what deal was made to allow Fox to make X-Men TV shows.
I think they already had the right to do that but never seemed to bother. FOX gets royalties if X-Men are in Marvel VS Capcom too iirc

Just let Feige have a bunch of Doom movies in which Victor Von Doom's a villain protagonist rising to power

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I think they already had the right to do that but never seemed to bother. FOX gets royalties if X-Men are in Marvel VS Capcom too iirc

Just let Feige have a bunch of Doom movies in which Victor Von Doom's a villain protagonist rising to power
From what I've heard Marvel owns the TV rights and Fox needs Marvel to sign off on any TV deals regarding the X-Men. It explains how Marvel was able to make the TV show 'Mutant X'.

Also Fox is making an animated Deadpool show and Marvel definitely has full rights to X-Men cartoons.

I've also heard Marvel has some involvement in the making of the Fox shows. Which would make sense seeing how Marvel has been promoting/advertising the Fox TV shows, while not promoting any of the Fox movies.
Maybe Marvel gets royalties from X-Men shows? I'm not sure.

Chrono.

For those who are playing Persona 5 and got as far as beating the 7th dungeon (but no more than that). I gotta ask

How do you feel about Akechi as a character?

I'm pretty mixed on him. I know villains get redemption all the time, but his felt extremely rushed. Plus him barely getting as much of a mention after his sacrifice was bizarre. Especially considering the big bad was his father and that was around for most of the game.

Though he does mention him briefly before the boss fight, he never even brings him up in his confessions and the main characters don't do either. (keep in mind I'm still on the filler point between finishing the 7th dungeon and going to the final dungeon of the game).

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
For those who are playing Persona 5 and got as far as beating the 7th dungeon (but no more than that). I gotta ask

I'm pretty mixed on him. I know villains get redemption all the time, but his felt extremely rushed. Plus him barely getting as much of a mention after his sacrifice was bizarre. Especially considering the big bad was his father and that was around for most of the game.

Though he does mention him briefly before the boss fight, he never even brings him up in his confessions and the main characters don't do either. (keep in mind I'm still on the filler point between finishing the 7th dungeon and going to the final dungeon of the game).
I love him to death and he is my husbando

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm starting to become a little concerned there won't be anything new at E3, just more of games we've already seen.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Reggie has hinted at Metroid
Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but Reggie has a habit of saying what he thinks whoever he is talking to wanna hear.

We have a legitimate source saying FO:NV2 is happening.

Not putting any stock in that but if that happens, this E3 is won.
Can you please supply said source? Haven't heard this one and would like to share with some friends :)

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

I hated it when they tried to redeem him.
He's involved with the guys who killed Futaba's mother. He killed Haru's father (yeah he wasn't a great guy at all but still). He tried to kill you. He killed a lot of people to get his father into the position where he could run for Prime Minister and helped all those who were associates by killing off competition.
Akechi's beyond redemption.

besides we all know they'll pull some retcon BS to have him in the spin-offs

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Can you please supply said source? Haven't heard this one and would like to share with some friends :)
I need to correct myself- "legitamate" might not be correct.

Its true- over the past few year, NV2 has been brought up time and time again. But if this source is to be trusted, and according to his supposed record could be, then we could maybe hear something.

Its been brought up by the same guy who leaked Red Dead and The Last of Us 2. Same guy who brought up the Fallout: New Orleans rumor but is saying he was wrong and that its a sequel of NV. Again- not that big.

I can't find the damn source. Give me a few and I'll see if I can pull it up.

EDIT: Ah... It got debunked apparently. Unsurprising. But still- something is going on with Obsidian.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/57441/sources-fallout-creator-leading-new-obsidian-project/index.html

Lots of salt bags.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 129094
Uh King Knight? How are you floating? That's Specky's shtick (who fell down the pit)
This reminds me that I still need to beat Specty's challenges, though I've done all of them but most of the bosses(how the hell am I supposed to beat Phantom Striker in 30 seconds if he'a invincible for 15 of them?) and the Beetle Juggling one
Oh god, the Beetle Juggling
can I trust you all with a picture of me in my gown?
Wait, that outfit is not a movie thing? Note to self: US movies really are an accurate depiction of their country.
Anyways, congrats on it, now get ready for the worst part of your life: entrance exams

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This reminds me that I still need to beat Specty's challenges, though I've done all of them but most of the bosses(how the hell am I supposed to beat Phantom Striker in 30 seconds if he'a invincible for 15 of them?) and the Beetle Juggling one
Oh god, the Beetle Juggling

Wait, that outfit is not a movie thing? Note to self: US movies really are an accurate depiction of their country.
Anyways, congrats on it, now get ready for the worst part of your life: entrance exams
I just stopped caring about the challenges after the beetle one though I wanted to fight King Knight again
I also did this **** up on Polar Knight too but I forgot I could share it. He was on top of his shovel and a pixel of him was on a snow heap

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh yeah, forgot to post this.

Can we talk about how freakin' ADORABLE Polar looks now?

And the aesthetic of the game seems to keep on being developed amazingly. Cracked like an egg on the ending.

I've forgotten how terrible Wii's controls were. Took me more than one race just to adjust to the damn "wheel motions".

Good thing I've always used the Gamepad with 8 and never touched a single Wii Remote.
I always played with the GCN-controller on my end. Maybe that's why I find it more impressive how people play competently with the motion controls.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The poll ended up in another tie, this time with Witch and Suketoudara. A little Eeenie Meenine Minie Mo had me pick the sexy dancing fish as the winner. Hope the Witch fans aren't too salty about that.

Next up is Puyo Puyo Fever (Or Puyo Pop Fever depending on where you lived), where Sega truly took over the rights and development for the series. Your choices are Ms. Accord, Klug, Raffine, and Dongurigaeru the Acorn Frog.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Today's going to be pretty awkward fixing my hair for that stage walk tomorrow.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

All the twists involving Akechi and Shido left really rushed, really. Considering how long the game is, you'd think they could have used that time to develop those twists. That being said, both of the boss fights are pretty intense and fun to fight. Shido in particular reminded me of a personal favorite of mine, so I could not help and laugh a bit.

Specter of Torment was released over a week ago and I didn't notice until yesterday. :facepalm:

I started it today. I'm really enjoying it, it's more fun than Plague of Shadows.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Damn, this was another mod idea I had.

Guess I could do his KH1 look though since it looks better.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
That new Attack on Titan episode...

CG Colossal Titan actually turned out to be much better animated than I thought. I'd say this was one of the few moments I've seen in any show where CG is used well.

But man, the Survey Corps didn't see it coming that the Bertolt is one giant furnace. What he makes up for with his slow speed is his massive strength and extremely hot steam that acts as a defense mechanism.

Poor Connie though. He tells Nifa to save Bertolt and Reiner if she can. Looks like he couldn't catch on to who Bertolt and Reiner really are. I can't blame him because their transformation was quite explosive.

I feel like Eren's monologue and that flashback could've been just tiny bit shorter to make way for some action, but I still enjoyed both scenes. Eren's monologue helps reinforce the fact that he no longer sees Reiner and Bertolt as friends. Then you have the Annie flashback, which actually originally appeared in the second AoT compilation film, which highlighted that Eren was about to utilize a technique he learned from her against Reiner.

And oh man, the second half of the episode was hype! Eren managed to throw Reiner in his Armored Titan form, then managed to break Reiner's Armor by crushing it with his legs! Damn!

And Eren manages to crush even more bits of Reiner's Armor by applying the same technique to other parts of Reiner's body! He even had those lightning reflexes to dodge whatever punch was coming for him.

Eren then manages to meet up with Mikasa, Armin, Hange, and several more Survey Corps soldiers at the wall to discuss the next strategy. And then we get this pretty cute moment:

Hange is like, "Senpai noticed me!"

It also turns out Reiner can break parts of his armor on his joints if he needs to run faster, and apparently, the exposed parts are similar to a Medieval knight's armor in that the joints from behind are also exposed. Mikasa uses this to her advantage to cut up Reiner's legs from behind to make Eren's fight with Reiner easier.

And those last 5 minutes of the episode! Agghhhh, the intensity!

Eren's expression inside his Titan were pretty fun to watch. This one was my favorite:

And let me tell you, Eren basically won! He was on the verge of breaking off Reiner's back armor to snap his head off!

But then Bertolt had to ruin the victory by using up so much steam just so he could fall over and crush Eren from above! Jeez, what an evil cliffhanger! My jaw was basically unhinged for about a good minute because of it.

Judging from the next episode preview, all the Survey Corps soldiers will be discussing what to do next. Looks like Mikasa, Armin, and Hange will also get some focus. In fact, I noticed a scene of Armin as a child walking through Shingashina. I always thought it was him that told Hannes that a giant boulder landed on top of Eren's house, and he was afraid to tell Eren that, so that's why he told Hannes. Could this be it?

Anyway, I'd give this episode a 9/10. Very well-animated fight with some intense scenes throughout it. Maybe the Annie flashback and prior monologue could've been shorter, but I think they added pretty well to the fight overall.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
****in rip. Power Rangers only did 10 million in the box office for China. Japan's a small *** country so unless DVD sales end up being ****ing phenomenal, no more movies
Well, the first movie wasn't all that great to begin with so I hope if it doesn't get a sequel they take a step back, look at what they did wrong, and try again. The movie tried to have the Power Rangers be kinda dark and then you got Elizabeth Banks over there being appropriately over the top.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well, the first movie wasn't all that great to begin with so I hope if it doesn't get a sequel they take a step back, look at what they did wrong, and try again. The movie tried to have the Power Rangers be kinda dark and then you got Elizabeth Banks over there being appropriately over the top.
It wasn't just dark, it had camp and lots of jokes. To make things worse, the biggest complaint of the movie people had would DEFINITELY be fixed with a sequel
The complaint was the Rangers themselves appearing late into the movie without much fighting, but they teased a Green With Evil adaptation with Tommy Oliver meaning there'd be fight scenes a plenty

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
****in rip. Power Rangers only did 10 million in the box office for China. Japan's a small *** country so unless DVD sales end up being ****ing phenomenal, no more movies
Rip the Rangers. Maybe releasing so close to Guardians 2 wasn't a good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom