• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What I've been hearing about Faye is a real shame because I really like her design.

I sincerely hope the localisation can salvage her.
I thought people were overreacting but wow, almost all of Fayes heroes quotes are about Alm. Even when she dies "Alm..."
http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/160328266879

So Fire Emblem Echoes is probably the last traditional Fire Emblem game on the 3DS. . .
This makes me catch the sads. sure carrying around the switch is easy but its no 3DS

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Meanwhile, Retro is definitely still working on. . .something. . .

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1369753

All we know is that they have an external composer working there. Apparently he's a massive Metroid fan, but we'll see if that factors into what's being worked on or not.

Of course, apparently Miyamoto said Retro could work on more than one game at this point, so. . .I don't even know.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, if development for Echoes had started a few months later it probably would have been a Switch game.
They are reusing the Awakening engine and many of its graphics, they wouldn't create new, higher quality, assets just for Echoes when they have to focus on FE16 on the Switch
Also the sooner the 3DS dies the better
I don't see how that's a good thing

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
They are reusing the Awakening engine and many of its graphics, they wouldn't create new, higher quality, assets just for Echoes when they have to focus on FE16 on the Switch

Because the less studios they have working on the 3DS, the more they have working on the Switch.

And true. I bet we woUld have at least seen a FE Warriors style port though for the Switch

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I think the idea is that if the 3DS is kicked out the door immediately that the Switch will get more games faster.

Since most of the last batch of 3DS games Echoes included either have recycled assets or else are lower budget projects, I doubt it would actually translate the way people are assuming however. The Switch also doesn't have enough of a library to completely support the userbase just yet and the 3DS is still selling. It seems entirely natural that there's about a year of torch-passing going on, especially since Pokemon usually stalls later than that anyway.

*EDIT* To which I bring up my 3DS -> Switch transition logic again: Farther away than people want, sooner than people expect.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This is the best use of the cosmic brain meme (or whomst) that I've seen.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
At this point, I'd love a new Shadow Pokémon game on either 3DS or Switch. Its been way too long.
I kind of wanted to make an "It's been 25 years" joke, but then I remembered the entire Pokemon franchise isn't even 25 years old.

. . .:4pit: *sweatdrop*

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I want a Pokémon game with the ability to fight gyms in any order. The handholding in SuMo was absolutely ridiculous.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Why do people say:4ryu: is boring as a character? He's actually pretty interesting.

Meanwhile, Retro is definitely still working on. . .something. . .

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1369753

All we know is that they have an external composer working there. Apparently he's a massive Metroid fan, but we'll see if that factors into what's being worked on or not.

Of course, apparently Miyamoto said Retro could work on more than one game at this point, so. . .I don't even know.
Must be another Donkey Kong Country game, most likely featuring the return of the Kremlings.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
if there ever is a new Shadow Pokemon game, you think it will still be in the Orre region?
It would depend on the situation of the story methinks. The Orre region is the only region to ever have official Shadow Pokémon. The groups responsible for their existence were only in the Orre region. So I'd say yes, but the idea of expanding into new territory isn't farfetched.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I want a Pokémon game with the ability to fight gyms in any order. The handholding in SuMo was absolutely ridiculous.
"WELCOME BACK WOLF PACK VERLIS HERE AND TODAY WE'RE GONNA TACKLE THE 8TH GYM FIRST WITH NOTHING BUT OUR STARTER AND RATATA" *poorly edits Ratata and starter on Level 100 Mega Rayquaza* "WOW GUYS THIS IS EASY! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY HACKERS NEED TO HACK TO GET GOOD AT THIS GAME. BUY THE WAY KILL HOODLUMSCRAFTY AND DUNCANKNEEDEEP"

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Honestly, if development for Echoes had started a few months later it probably would have been a Switch game.

Also the sooner the 3DS dies the better
Nintendo's not going to drop a 65 million install base for one that only just started gaining traction...A strong start doesn't mean it is going to keep up this momentum (even though it looks promising it will), it's one thing when they stopped supporting the Wii U, it's another when they stop supporting all of their current hardware for something that's still unproven on the market...

The 3DS is likely to last at least until next year before Nintendo decides to put their full focus on the Switch depending on how well it's performance on the market is during the Holidays, if the Switch's install base is closer to 10-20 million units...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Now I'm seeing an interview discussed and someone bringing up the point that Tanabe discussed thinking about working on the future of Metroid Prime but doesn't know for sure what Retro is doing.

. . .And we're right back into full mystery town.

Why do people say:4ryu: is boring as a character? He's actually pretty interesting.

Must be another Donkey Kong Country game, most likely featuring the return of the Kremlings.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/28/wii-u-is-a-powerhouse-says-donkey-kong-country-developer

"love to come back to them sometime"

"been in development for a few months since Tropical Freeze was finished"

I dunno. . .if that's what was meant by them possibly being able to take on multiple projects maybe, but there's something weirder afoot.

I am very, very curious as to what it is specifically, but Retro's pretty darn quiet. Half the leaks we've had seem like they're just taking this interview and then throwing things at a dartboard to see what sticks.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
It would depend on the situation of the story methinks. The Orre region is the only region to ever have official Shadow Pokémon. The groups responsible for their existence were only in the Orre region. So I'd say yes, but the idea of expanding into new territory isn't farfetched.
I would love a spin off about Shadow pokemon going into other regions. Like, Team Snagum made a bunch of them but they went wild and started spreading

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I just found out this is happening and it makes me excited.

https://www.facebook.com/First4Figures/videos/10154532458136732/

First4Figures are making official Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon statues. Specifically, using their "Classic" designs.

Here's a WIP of Spyro they posted in their private members group on Facebook.

18033114_1685090444840967_2286232857335919307_n.jpg

It looks like they are basing it on his pose from the original game's box art.

This has increased my hopes of an N. Sane Trilogy type of remake for Spyro. That's one of my biggest hopes for E3.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
"love to come back to them sometime"

"been in development for a few months since Tropical Freeze was finished"

I dunno. . .if that's what was meant by them possibly being able to take on multiple projects maybe, but there's something weirder afoot.

I am very, very curious as to what it is specifically, but Retro's pretty darn quiet. Half the leaks we've had seem like they're just taking this interview and then throwing things at a dartboard to see what sticks.
What else could they be working on other than a new DKC- a new IP? That idea seems less based on solid reasoning from people and more wishful hoping given the demand for a new Retro IP has been around for quite some time.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What else could they be working on other than a new DKC- a new IP? That idea seems less based on solid reasoning from people and more wishful hoping given the demand for a new Retro IP has been around for quite some time.
And, well. . .what they said in the interview above.

If they hadn't said that I wouldn't lean so hard into assuming they're doing something new, but the implication is that it's none of the three things they mentioned if they'd love to work on all of them again but already had a project.

That said, it doesn't have to be a NEW IP, just not one of those three. The idea of them working on an existing Nintendo franchise that happens to not be one of the ones they've already done is equally viable, including plenty of franchises that wouldn't be fantasies for people.

Although I'm really not expecting Startropics to be it if they do pick an existing IP because it seems like more of a fan wish than the idea of a new IP is. A new IP at least has Nintendo's massive new IP kick behind it in theory, if perhaps starting a little earlier than the main wave.

Saying it can't possibly be anything other than DK is like saying it can't possibly be anything other than Metroid prior to the announcement of DKCR. They've thrown a curveball before, precedent is not evidence in itself in this case.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because the less studios they have working on the 3DS, the more they have working on the Switch.

And true. I bet we woUld have at least seen a FE Warriors style port though for the Switch
I think the idea is that if the 3DS is kicked out the door immediately that the Switch will get more games faster.

Since most of the last batch of 3DS games Echoes included either have recycled assets or else are lower budget projects, I doubt it would actually translate the way people are assuming however. The Switch also doesn't have enough of a library to completely support the userbase just yet and the 3DS is still selling. It seems entirely natural that there's about a year of torch-passing going on, especially since Pokemon usually stalls later than that anyway.

*EDIT* To which I bring up my 3DS -> Switch transition logic again: Farther away than people want, sooner than people expect.
3DS never affected the Wii U so I don't see the relation
They're both differemt systems with different styles of games, devs won't support a home more just because the handheld is dead, they'll just wait for the next one

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So here's a neat activity. Personal Smash 4 Rosters.
Ahh, let's see... I'd have to cut the following:

:4bayonetta::4cloud::4corrin::4myfriends::4lucas::4lucina::4marth::4robinm::4feroy:

Since I didn't play their games. I'd replace them with the following:

Toad
Dixie Kong
Tingle
Waddle Dee
Meowth
Takamaru (NES game on 3DS eShop)
Wandering Heroes (StreetPass Mii Plaza)
Inklings
Simon Belmont

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
3DS never affected the Wii U so I don't see the relation
They're both differemt systems with different styles of games, devs won't support a home more just because the handheld is dead, they'll just wait for the next one
The situation here is that the Switch doesn't exactly. . .fit. . .the usual boundary of game systems.

Nintendo consolidated their development lines a while back, and the Switch has a lot of tradeoffs to function as both a handheld and a console. Fire Emblem may not be the franchise to use in reference, but Aonuma brought up 2D Zelda being worked on for the Switch and even Pokemon Company is being bizarre with the way they're discussing it.

The general idea is that if the Switch does well, there may not -be- another handheld in the typical sense. Most interviews that are taken as evidence of there being another successor are usually misinterpreted, and the Switch is marketed as both a handheld and a console. Cost and size are both issues Nintendo understands for the time being, but one of those can go down over time and I remember people whining about the opposite problem with the 3DS for the other.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
If it's as crazy as my list I say go for it
Done. It got harder as it went.
  1. Kirby (Kirby)
  2. King Dedede (Kirby)
  3. Meta Knight (Kirby)
  4. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
  5. Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
  6. Midna (The Legend of Zelda)
  7. Maxwell (Scribblenauts)
  8. Lilly (Scribblenauts)
  9. Palutena (Kid Icarus)
  10. Amazon Pandora (Kid Icarus)
  11. Phosphora (Kid Icarus)
  12. Ike (Fire Emblem)
  13. Male Robin (Fire Emblem)
  14. Female Robin (Fire Emblem)
  15. Tharja (Fire Emblem)
  16. Rosalina (Mario)
  17. Daisy (Mario)
  18. Wario (Mario)
  19. Waluigi (Mario)
  20. Bowser Jr. (Mario)
  21. Dawn (Total Drama)
  22. Cody (Total Drama)
  23. Noah (Total Drama)
  24. Duncan (Total Drama)
  25. Alejandro (Total Drama)
  26. Lindsay (Total Drama)
  27. Sasquatchanakwa (Total Drama)
  28. Luffy (One Piece)
  29. Sanji (One Piece)
  30. Nico Robin (One Piece)
  31. Rob Lucci (One Piece)
  32. Skipper (The Penguins of Madagascar)
  33. Private (The Penguins of Madagascar)
  34. Rico (The Penguins of Madagascar)
  35. Kowalski (The Penguins of Madagascar)
  36. Arlene (The Penguins of Madagascar)
  37. Maurice (The Penguins of Madagascar)
  38. Greg Heffley (Diary of a Wimpy Kid)
  39. Mordecai (Regular Show)
  40. Rigby (Regular Show)
  41. Cynthia (Pokémon)
  42. Dancer Cara (Pokémon)
  43. Ninetales (Pokémon)
  44. Mewtwo (Pokémon)
  45. Dialga (Pokémon)
  46. Empoleon (Pokémon)
  47. Lopunny (Pokémon)
  48. Duck (WordWorld)
  49. Frog (WordWorld)
  50. Pablo (The Backyardigans)
  51. Tyrone (The Backyardigans)
  52. Uniqua (The Backyardigans)
  53. Spike (My Little Pony)
  54. Fluttershy (My Little Pony)
  55. Rarity (My Little Pony)
  56. Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony)
  57. Sakura (Naruto)
  58. Tsunade (Naruto)
  59. Ino (Naruto)
  60. Hinata (Naruto)
  61. Orihime (Bleach)
  62. Elsa (Frozen)
  63. Spinax (Fossil Fighters)
  64. Megalo (Fossil Fighters)
  65. Elasmo (Fossil Fighters)
  66. Dynal (Fossil Fighters)
  67. Violet (Fossil Fighters)
  68. Paula (EarthBound)
  69. Lucky (Lucky Charms)
  70. Brittany (Wingin' It)
  71. Cream the Rabbit (Sonic)
  72. Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
  73. Vergil (Devil May Cry)
  74. Shazam (DC)
  75. Metamorpho (DC)
  76. Plastic Man (DC)
  77. Darkseid (DC)
  78. Hulk (Marvel)
  79. Thor (Marvel)
  80. Scarlet Witch (Marvel)
  81. Jean Grey (Marvel)
  82. Storm (Marvel)
  83. Hawkeye (Marvel)
  84. Thanos (Marvel)
  85. Ben 10 (Ben 10)
  86. Balrog (Street Fighter)
  87. Steven (That 70s' Show)
  88. Cat (Victorious)
  89. Ditto (Hi and Lois)
  90. Dot (Hi and Lois)
  91. Shirley (Tiny Toon Adventures)
  92. Joey (Friends)
  93. Monica (Friends)
  94. Phoebe (Friends)
  95. Logan (Zoey 101)
  96. Mickey Mouse (Mickey Mouse Cartoons)
  97. Kernel-pult (Plants vs. Zombies)
  98. Jackson (Hannah Montana)
  99. Leo (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's)
  100. Luna (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's)

Chrono.

So Ed's design was leaked apparently, thanks to a goof up on Street Fighter's website.

I won't lie, I think it looks kinda terrible. Alternate costumes could save it though (keyword being could). Hopefully his moveset makes up for it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yes. Even tried them again once every few years just in case and still hated them
What kind of cheese and tomatoes did you try? Because I don't super love tomatoes but my preferred pizza sources are usually pretty subtle about the flavor, and the thicker cheese is cut the less I like it with pizza cheese usually being much better about it as well.

I will say that in my experience anything too homemade or too fancy will cross the threshold into having too much tomatoes to really be enjoyable, but common delivery usually has the sauce thin enough to not dominate the flavor.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
What kind of cheese and tomatoes did you try? Because I don't super love tomatoes but my preferred pizza sources are usually pretty subtle about the flavor, and the thicker cheese is cut the less I like it with pizza cheese usually being much better about it as well.

I will say that in my experience anything too homemade or too fancy will cross the threshold into having too much tomatoes to really be enjoyable, but common delivery usually has the sauce thin enough to not dominate the flavor.
Ive had pizza with thick cheese, it was like I was fighting the cheese just to get to the actual pizza. In the end I just took the cheese off and ate it without cheese. Had a bad experence from eating to much dairy one pf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom