• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What kind of cheese and tomatoes did you try? Because I don't super love tomatoes but my preferred pizza sources are usually pretty subtle about the flavor, and the thicker cheese is cut the less I like it with pizza cheese usually being much better about it as well.

I will say that in my experience anything too homemade or too fancy will cross the threshold into having too much tomatoes to really be enjoyable, but common delivery usually has the sauce thin enough to not dominate the flavor.
Honestly, I don't even remember but the smell is enough to put me off

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Ive had pizza with thick cheese, it was like I was fighting the cheese just to get to the actual pizza. In the end I just took the cheese off and ate it without cheese. Had a bad experence from eating to much dairy one pf
Yeah, I made the mistake of ordering extra cheese once.

Never again. They have it at default thickness for a reason.

Although it doesn't help that I think it was one of those greasy places I only ever seem to notice when they're outside a hotel.

I think another one of those places just had it oddly thick by default as well. Nobody wants a rubbery pizza, gotta get that perfect balance.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah, I made the mistake of ordering extra cheese once.

Never again. They have it at default thickness for a reason.

Although it doesn't help that I think it was one of those greasy places I only ever seem to notice when they're outside a hotel.

I think another one of those places just had it oddly thick by default as well. Nobody wants a rubbery pizza, gotta get that perfect balance.
We normaly just get Digiorno. And since our oven is on its last legs, we cant use the bottom anymore so we use the top but everytime we made a pizza in the top oven, it burnt

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
3DS never affected the Wii U so I don't see the relation
They're both differemt systems with different styles of games, devs won't support a home more just because the handheld is dead, they'll just wait for the next one
But the Switch is the next handheld. Why would they make a new one? At most you'll get a Switch mini.
So Ed's design was leaked apparently, thanks to a goof up on Street Fighter's website.

I won't lie, I think it looks kinda terrible. Alternate costumes could save it though (keyword being could). Hopefully his moveset makes up for it.
Did they fix up SFV? How hard is it to unlock the DLC characters?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So Ed's design was leaked apparently, thanks to a goof up on Street Fighter's website.

I won't lie, I think it looks kinda terrible. Alternate costumes could save it though (keyword being could). Hopefully his moveset makes up for it.
I'm very shocked they didn't go for his most commonly-worn costume in SFV's story: the one with the white, sleeveless hoodie and sweats.

I agree that the design we ended up getting looks bad. Doesn't look natural for him, not to mention how is he going to use his Psycho powers if his glove is covering the mark on his palm. The only way I can see him using Psycho powers while wearing the glove is if the glove has a hole on the palm.

Hopefully, we'll get that cool hoodie costume of his as an alternate costume.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
We normaly just get Digiorno
I have these little Digiorno single serves I like to have. A bit expensive, but they're pretty easy to just microwave and eat.

I'm a sucker for Papa Johns and Pizza Hut as well, though. . . as long as the individual chain is preparing it right. I've gotten some greasy Papa Johns lately.

the switch is a console that is also a handheld, not another 3DS
Well, the DS wasn't another Gameboy either. :4megaman:

That may have been a confidence issue, but considering calling the Switch a handheld outright would get Nintendo accused of pulling out of the console business there's a marketing issue with being too strong in saying the Switch is a handheld regardless of what it actually is.

A Switch is a Switch. Switch consumes all.

D

Deleted member

The situation here is that the Switch doesn't exactly. . .fit. . .the usual boundary of game systems.

Nintendo consolidated their development lines a while back, and the Switch has a lot of tradeoffs to function as both a handheld and a console. Fire Emblem may not be the franchise to use in reference, but Aonuma brought up 2D Zelda being worked on for the Switch and even Pokemon Company is being bizarre with the way they're discussing it.

The general idea is that if the Switch does well, there may not -be- another handheld in the typical sense. Most interviews that are taken as evidence of there being another successor are usually misinterpreted, and the Switch is marketed as both a handheld and a console. Cost and size are both issues Nintendo understands for the time being, but one of those can go down over time and I remember people whining about the opposite problem with the 3DS for the other.
The problem is still the fact it does not act as a handheld
Sure you can pick it up and play anywhere if you have space in your bag, but not only is it harder to move around but it also has less battery life, which are contrary to what people look for in a handheld. You're better off playing it somewhere where you can plug it in and charge it up.

Then there's the hardware which is the one of a home console, not a portable. You can't really justify making a 2D Zelda game, whose production values are lower than 3D ones, in a console who can support BotW and selling them for the same price, we all know how well Four Swords Adventure went. With that, there's also the lower costs for the consumer in the handheld, not only does the system cost less, its games do too, making it nore accessible for those without the money to constantly buy console games(3 handheld games are equivalent to 2 console ones, by US standard prices).

And finally, simply being practical. Which is easier: turning on your Wii U or 3DS for a quick match of Smash when you have some free time?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Sure you can pick it up and play anywhere if you have space in your bag, but not only is it harder to move around but it also has less battery life, which are contrary to what people look for in a handheld. You're better off playing it somewhere where you can plug it in and charge it up.

Then there's the hardware which is the one of a home console, not a portable. You can't really justify making a 2D Zelda game, whose production values are lower than 3D ones, in a console who can support BotW and selling them for the same price, we all know how well Four Swords Adventure went. With that, there's also the lower costs for the consumer in the handheld, not only does the system cost less, its games do too, making it nore accessible for those without the money to constantly buy console games(3 handheld games are equivalent to 2 console ones, by US standard prices).

And finally, simply being practical. Which is easier: turning on your Wii U or 3DS for a quick match of Smash when you have some free time?
They could easily make a 2D Zelda game a $30 downloadable game in the vain of Sonic Mania.

And just get a $10 battery pack for it

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Actually, turning on your Switch would be easier because it's UI is significantly faster than either. :4megaman:

Battery life can't keep up with handheld hardware anymore. It's pretty much on par with the original 3DS and tablets/phones running games as it is, in order for it to function with the kind of battery life people want it'd have to be even weaker than a 3DS.

We haven't seen what they might charge for traditionally handheld scale games yet, nor does precedent serve as a yardstick for how much they should charge. The third party games that strike me as closer to 3DS level casual depth are 3DS level prices so far. 2D Zelda is also undergoing a revamp, so they might be trying to justify the price other ways. . .

Nintendo acknowledges the price issue for the time being. I'm guessing that's why they're releasing another 2DS for half the price of a Switch. That said, prices on successful systems (I.E. not flops with more stock already paid for than they can get rid of like the Wii U) tend to go down over time. The Switch won't be infinitely expensive forever, and there's plenty of cheaper games for people who need to save that money.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The sooner Nintendo's software library is unified, the better, IMO. At this point there's little to no advantage for a split library, and Nintendo aren't even repairing OG 3DS's anymore. Fairly certain 2017 will be the last year for the 3DS, with the sole exception being potentially a late-run Pokémon game that every handheld console seems to get.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
The sooner Nintendo's software library is unified, the better, IMO. At this point there's little to no advantage for a split library, and Nintendo aren't even repairing OG 3DS's anymore. Fairly certain 2017 will be the last year for the 3DS, with the sole exception being potentially a late-run Pokémon game that every handheld console seems to get.
ok then if the 3DS goes down, I want Happy Home Designer and Layton on the Switch

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gigguk asking the important questions in his latest video
Screenshot_2017-05-06-13-03-41.png

I'm also wondering if I should give Boruto a chance considering everyone has been praising it
And just get a $10 battery pack for it
Spending more money so it can get close to the battery life of something cheaper does in no way justify it
Battery life can't keep up with handheld hardware anymore. It's pretty much on par with the original 3DS and tablets/phones running games as it is, in order for it to function with the kind of battery life people want it'd have to be even weaker than a 3DS.
Have we been playing the same system? Because my original 3DS had way more battery life than 3 hours, while my current 3DSXL reaches way more than that

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Have we been playing the same system? Because my original 3DS had way more battery life than 3 hours, while my current 3DSXL reaches way more than that
hell I havent used my N3DS Xl in what, months and it only lost one bar of battery when I checked it yesterday. Although that may be bacuse thats a reletivly new battery

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
ok then if the 3DS goes down, I want Happy Home Designer and Layton on the Switch
Animal Crossing is for sure moving to the Switch. I can't expect another mainline one on the 3DS when New Leaf is still getting support to this day. Honestly that's one of the reasons I'm expecting the end of the 3DS to be this year, first quarter 2018 the latest.

Animal Crossing is likely moving to the Switch (banking on an E3 reveal teaser for various reasons), 2D Zelda is moving to the Switch, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is the final 3DS Fire Emblem (not including the New 3DS port of Warriors). As far as Nintendo-owned franchises, Pokémon and Kirby are the only massive ones with no (confirmed) signs of coming to the Switch yet. Add in the fact that those two are notoriously late to the party when it comes to moving from console to console, and I think the future is clear.

Not bashing the 3DS by any means. It's easily one of my favorite Nintendo consoles of all time. But it has lived a good life; including this year, the console has been supported for six years. That's a healthy number in line with Nintendo's previous handhelds. And considering the fact that all but two of Nintendo's major handheld franchises migrated to the Switch, and the fact that the Switch also acts as a handheld, this makes it a good year to retire the 3DS.

Chrono.

I'm very shocked they didn't go for his most commonly-worn costume in SFV's story: the one with the white, sleeveless hoodie and sweats.

I agree that the design we ended up getting looks bad. Doesn't look natural for him, not to mention how is he going to use his Psycho powers if his glove is covering the mark on his palm. The only way I can see him using Psycho powers while wearing the glove is if the glove has a hole on the palm.

Hopefully, we'll get that cool hoodie costume of his as an alternate costume.
Yeah I would've preferred if they went with the younger Ed. Since he was under Balrog's care I thought an interesting moveset for him would've been a rookie lightweight boxer with Psycho Power abilities (there's not a lot of lightweight boxers in fighting games to begin with, ones with powers are also rare). While he could still play interestingly... This design is just looks like any other rando roided up dude.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Animal Crossing is for sure moving to the Switch. I can't expect another mainline one on the 3DS when New Leaf is still getting support to this day. Honestly that's one of the reasons I'm expecting the end of the 3DS to be this year, first quarter 2018 the latest.

Animal Crossing is likely moving to the Switch (banking on an E3 reveal teaser for various reasons), 2D Zelda is moving to the Switch, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is the final 3DS Fire Emblem (not including the New 3DS port of Warriors). As far as Nintendo-owned franchises, Pokémon and Kirby are the only massive ones with no (confirmed) signs of coming to the Switch yet. Add in the fact that those two are notoriously late to the party when it comes to moving from console to console, and I think the future is clear.

Not bashing the 3DS by any means. It's easily one of my favorite Nintendo consoles of all time. But it has lived a good life; including this year, the console has been supported for six years. That's a healthy number in line with Nintendo's previous handhelds. And considering the fact that all but two of Nintendo's major handheld franchises migrated to the Switch, and the fact that the Switch also acts as a handheld, this makes it a good year to retire the 3DS.
I still think the 3DS is here to stay for a long while, the switch is a console, not another 3DS and Imma keep thinkin that. I dont think 3DS is gonna die so soon.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Gigguk asking the important questions in his latest video
View attachment 128911
I'm also wondering if I should give Boruto a chance considering everyone has been praising it

Spending more money so it can get close to the battery life of something cheaper does in no way justify it

The original battery estimates for the 3DS were in the exact same range as for the Switch, give or take a half an hour of leeway.

The Switch runs down faster more often because it's running more intensive games on the same slogging behind battery tech, run a game the 3DS could run and the battery life goes up.

If they were making a handheld successor, they'd have to make it more powerful anyway and the battery life would also go down anyway. Half of the Switch's guts is just battery as it is, something smaller and weaker would also have to have a smaller battery in turn and would cancel out the battery life benefits of doing such in the first place.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still think the 3DS is here to stay for a long while, the switch is a console, not another 3DS and Imma keep thinkin that. 3DS isnt gonna die so soon.
Even considering the fact that all those franchises already moved over, and that Nintendo won't repair original 3DS units anymore?

Chrono.

But the Switch is the next handheld. Why would they make a new one? At most you'll get a Switch mini.

Did they fix up SFV? How hard is it to unlock the DLC characters?
You can unlock the season 1 characters by just playing the Story modes of the default characters + the cinematic story. But that's how it's always been, so I guess they haven't fixed anything. lol

Keep in mind that's only possible if you don't spend extra fight money on stages or colors.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
You can unlock the season 1 characters by just playing the Story modes of the default characters + the cinematic story. But that's how it's always been, so I guess they haven't fixed anything. lol

Keep in mind that's only possible if you don't spend extra fight money on stages or colors.
What about season 2 characters?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I mean, games are still being made for it, am I wrong?
Nintendo's side of development doesn't have many games on the schedule but yeah. I predict it lasting into the first few months of 2019 but not much farther. With how good the Switch is doing right now, if they wanted to drop the 3DS they could. But people fail to understand that having 2 very good selling consoles on the market at the same time is a really good thing. I want all games to come to one console as much as anybody but I don't think that'll happen unless Nintendo starts selling the Switch faster than any console that has ever been made before.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ryce has his guesses for the Injustice 2 silhouettes
The Atom, Black Manta, Rorschach, Azrael, Raiden and Enchantress
I don't know anything about him, but Azreal's very Netherrealm-y apparently. Hoping they pull an MKXL and confirm one of the silhouettes was a red herring for Spawn

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Nintendo's side of development doesn't have many games on the schedule but yeah. I predict it lasting into the first few months of 2019 but not much farther. With how good the Switch is doing right now, if they wanted to drop the 3DS they could. But people fail to understand that having 2 very good selling consoles on the market at the same time is a really good thing. I want all games to come to one console as much as anybody but I don't think that'll happen unless Nintendo starts selling the Switch faster than any console that has ever been made before.
If they wanted to drop the 3DS, wouldnt have pulled a sony and declaired it a legacy console(I think thats what it was called?) and just stopped paying attention to it?

Idk, I just think it isnt gonna die as fast as people want it to but thats just me and I made my point

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean, games are still being made for it, am I wrong?
Almost all of them seem to be games that have been in development for a long time, games that still need to be localized, smaller budget titles, or Kirby and potentially Pokémon games (these last two I've already elaborated on). Nintendo themselves have all but pulled away from it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If they wanted to drop the 3DS, wouldnt have pulled a sony and declaired it a legacy console and just stopped paying attention to it?
Nintendo doesn't really do thatm if BotW is any indication, they want to leave the system with a bang, a final huzzah, so they're likely making the last bunch of games before ditching the system

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
You'd need to grind money for them
upload_2017-5-6_17-52-55.png

Gill confirmed

I don't know anything about him, but Azreal's very Netherrealm-y apparently. Hoping they pull an MKXL and confirm one of the silhouettes was a red herring for Spawn
Azrael and Atom would be awesome.
Don't care for Enchantress at all and Rorschach isn't the Watchmen character I'd go for (Dr Manhattan pls).

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Enchantress? No thanks. She was the worst part of Suicide Squad. By far.

Also Spawn is totally happening

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Enchantress? No thanks. She was the worst part of Suicide Squad. By far.

Also Spawn is totally happening
I mean, Enchantress was pretty bad, but Leto's Joker and the complete lack of reason for Katana and Croc to even be there are worse, IMO (I'd say Boomerang too, but the fact that they included the scene from the comics where he tricks Slipknot into detonating his bomb was one of the few honestly good parts of the movie, even if the latter's death was telegraphed to hell).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IMO Nintendo and pretty much all of their subsidiaries will pull away from the 3DS by the end of this year, and third party companies and indies will pull away by the end of next year, with production ending next year too (or the year after if sales somehow see a spike).

The average console lifespan is about 5-6 years, and the 3DS is on Year 5 right now. It's not unreasonable to think it would end soon, especially when the Switch can cover a similar niche.

Last edited:
Nintendo has no good reason to support the 3DS other than its large install base. Wrapping things up with Kirby and mayb pokemon is pretty much one of the best things they could do. (Although pokemon on switch would be great for building that install base.)

Nintendo building up software for switch and creating reasons for third parties to jump on to their new hybrid is pretty much what they want.

Also, had one of the most "lucid" dreams i've had in years. . .and it was me trying to go to bed. In fact when I woke up I wasn't 100% sure whether or not I was awake or still in the dream. Was annoyed that it was such a boring dream. Fell asleep again and what do I dream about? TRYING TO GO TO SLEEP AGAIN.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Honestly speaking, I'm not really sure why Nintendo thought it was a good idea to make Ever Oasis 3DS exclusive given that the system is nearing the end of its life-span. Couldn't they also have ported it over to the Switch?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Fun fact: Enchantress had a model as her actrice.
Yet they digitally made her thinner. A MODEL was made THINNER...
Also don't kid yourself, Leto's Joker was so bad that Margot Robbie got a writer to get rid of him in favour of Ivy in Gotham City Sirens
I mean, Enchantress was pretty bad, but Leto's Joker and the complete lack of reason for Katana and Croc to even be there are worse, IMO (I'd say Boomerang too, but the fact that they included the scene from the comics where he tricks Slipknot into detonating his bomb was one of the few honestly good parts of the movie, even if the latter's death was telegraphed to hell).
I mentally blocked Letos Joker out of my mind, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom