• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm just goofing around with the very earliest split between mammals and reptiles for the sake of hilarity ensuing. Lizards and snakes are technically past the mark, even if gators are the only archosaurs to match up with dinos and birbs.

Then you have turtles that just don't really fit any of that. So they sit in the corner.

Well I mean

Bowser IS dumb, it's just in the same sense that most villains are. Villainy doesn't really pay that well in his case, he could do better things with his life than constantly try political takeovers. His method of dating Peach could go a bit better, too.

I see potential in Bowser to be a good person, even if he tries to carry his villain card on a billboard. He's self centered, but he cares too much about his family and Peach to be an outright sociopath like half the villains running around. The main issue is that he's been raised from childhood to be evil. Something like that is extremely hard to work past.
Gators are not the only Archosaurs though...

You have Crocodiles, Caimans, and Gharials too :troll:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I have a mighty need. one is of a picture of The villagers dressed as Police with the parana plants and one with the villagers as Robbers.
I accidentally read that as "THE police" at first and then I got the image of the Villagers dressed like members of The Police.

D

Deleted member

Gotta credit crocodiles and turtles for surviving thing long basically unchanged. Evolutionary masterpieces, both of them.
Don't forget sharks.(Though not as much so, since we've gotten so many crazy looking sharks. But the generic looking shark as remained for hundreds millions of years.)

And dragons are calm and intelligent beings in Chinese culture. (No seriously)
Well to be fair, Bowser has more so of the attributes of a western dragon more so than an eastern one. Aside from the more mammalian-like face.

Eastern Dragon's are more so like wise deities that are mostly water themed while western dragons are more so beasts to be slain that are mostly fire themed.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Don't forget sharks.(Though not as much so, since we've gotten so many crazy looking sharks. But the generic looking shark as remained for hundreds millions of years.)

Well to be fair, Bowser has more so of the attributes of a western dragon more so than an eastern one. Aside from the more mammalian-like face.

Eastern Dragon's are more so like wise deities that are mostly water themed while western dragons are more so beasts to be slain that are mostly fire themed.
Generic looking sharks (aka Great Whites, Tigers, Bulls, etc) are babies compared to the non-generic sharks like the Frilled Shark and Goblin Shark...

In prehistoric times before the time of the dinosaurs, evolution was very experimental with sharks....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
As a writer and an avid Nintendo fanboy I am deeply offened on many levels by this Calie and Marie backstory fanfic tumblr trash.
To be fair, its just advertisement summary.

Unless you think the very idea is trash.

D

Deleted member

I DARE Netherrealm studios to remake this game.

Also, Grox looks like king koopa(He even sounds like Bowser) without his shell.(I wish he did have one though so I wouldn't have to see that butt.)

Also, no gore warning because it's not gory like Mortal Kombat.(Probably one of the reasons why it never caught on.)

The announcer is cool though.

Last edited by a moderator:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
There's new boxart for Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy.
Looks pretty spiffy. A lot better than what we had previously.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So here is something that I want to bring up:

Lockstin Gnoggin recently made a video that discusses potential hint for DP remakes. All the hints he discusses are what you commonly expect and hear regarding what is found in the generation 7 games, but then he brings this up:

^The video automatically plays at the hint I'm referring to.

According to Lockstin, the Sun and Moon datamine found data for all the DP key items in Sun and Moon's coding.

I remember following the Sun and Moon datamine leaks back in October, and I do not recall any mention of SM's coding containing all the DP key items. Hearing this during Lockstin's video was completely new information to me. I tried to look up the SM leaks back in October, and I couldn't find anything regarding news that someone found the DP key items during that time.

That being said, did any of you know about this specific datamine detail before Lockstin brought it up? If so, which website did you first learn this at?

I can't help but think there is something to discredit the validity of those key items in SM's coding in relation to remake hints. It sounds too good to be true IMO, so there's a part of me that is skeptical about this.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Also, Grox looks like king koopa(He even sounds like Bowser) without his shell.(I wish he did have one though so I wouldn't have to see that butt.)

Also, no gore warning because it's not gory like Mortal Kombat.(Probably one of the reasons why it never caught on.)

I own the game. The fatalities definitely have gore in them. It's more like the older Mortal Kombat games, though, where the blood is barely there. It's toned down, to say the least.

D

Deleted member

I own the game. The fatalities definitely have gore in them. It's more like the older Mortal Kombat games, though, where the blood is barely there. It's toned down, to say the least.
Ah, I see. I didn't notice the blood spelt.

Though when I was watching the playthrough I was mainly focusing on the finishers as that's where the actual gore and violence usually is.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mace: The Dark Age seems cooler though. I mean, not great or anything; but better.

Lord Deimos for Smash. And Soul Calibur 6.

Look at this dude! LOOK!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Lockstin Gnoggin recently made a video that discusses potential hint for DP remakes. All the hints he discusses are what you commonly expect and hear regarding what is found in the generation 7 games, but then he brings this up:

According to Lockstin, the Sun and Moon datamine found data for all the DP key items in Sun and Moon's coding.

I remember following the Sun and Moon datamine leaks back in October, and I do not recall any mention of SM's coding containing all the DP key items. Hearing this during Lockstin's video was completely new information to me. I tried to look up the SM leaks back in October, and I couldn't find anything regarding news that someone found the DP key items during that time.

That being said, did any of you know about this specific datamine detail before Lockstin brought it up? If so, which website did you first learn this at?

I can't help but think there is something to discredit the validity of those key items in SM's coding in relation to remake hints. It sounds too good to be true IMO, so there's a part of me that is skeptical about this.
I don't remember any specific datamine leaks on the subject nor do I remember the site I was reading, but I do remember lurking a conversation that mentioned key items.

That said, the key items they discussed were actually from B2W2 rather than DP and they were discussed in the context of having been coding leftovers from past generations. If that was the case, then I doubt the key items alone would be indication of any remakes.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah, I see. I didn't notice the blood spelt.

Though when I was watching the playthrough I was mainly focusing on the finishers as that's where the actual gore and violence usually is.
Indeed. Notably, the game was basically the prototype for Mortal Kombat 4.

Mace: The Dark Age seems cooler though. I mean, not great or anything; but better.

Lord Deimos for Smash. And Soul Calibur 6.

Look at this dude! LOOK!
I own this game too.

Won't lie, the n64 has a ton of fighting games, and they're overall all fairly fun. Not balanced in many cases, but fun.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I remember playing that game. Always did Anubis whenever I did back then. And I guess it shows my bias towards actual gods and goddesses compared to the made-up ones the game had. I understand that War "Gods" still makes sense as the characters(besides the last 2, Grox and Exor) in the game were changed into actual gods(even the Anubis in that game was originally a graverobber and not the True Anubis), but c'mon, who wouldn't want Zeus versus Thor or Ra against Amaterasu?
And I know Smite exists, but much like my bias for actual gods and goddesses, I'd much prefer an action game compared to a MOBA.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't remember any specific datamine leaks on the subject nor do I remember the site I was reading, but I do remember lurking a conversation that mentioned key items.

That said, the key items they discussed were actually from B2W2 rather than DP and they were discussed in the context of having been coding leftovers from past generations. If that was the case, then I doubt the key items alone would be indication of any remakes.
seal case is not from B2W2

I would love love love to see seals in 3D. I coverd my infernapes pokeball in so many seals

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
seal case is not fromB2W2
I'm not talking about the seal case, I'm talking about a key card used to get into a Plasma base they apparently found coding for right when they started hacking.

I hadn't heard about the seal case back then, but if they have stuff from every gen since then just sitting in the code then gen 4 stuff might be sitting in the code as well.

Although I don't doubt remakes are on the agenda for sooner or later. I'm just assuming slightly later. If I got super specific I'd say I'd expect it for 2019, although I usually end up getting horribly wrong when my predictions are that specific.

*EDIT* I do want seals back kinda bad though. I wonder how they'd be implemented in 3D. I'd be a happy camper if they slipped them into Gen 8 before the remakes even. :3

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 is going to premier, anyone going to watch it?
I have watched it a week ago, and it was an awesome sequel.
So do you guys think they will ever make a new Super Smash Bros. game?
They have to, since Reggie already hinted us a new Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator

They have to, since Reggie already hinted us a new Smash Bros.
Maybe so. But even with the Switch's new technology, it will be very difficult for them to top the best Smash Bros. game, Melee.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think eventually, but not right now, at least not an entirely new one.

I think they'll fall back on their original plan for Brawl now that Sakurai's finally done and just port Smash 4 as of right now (while adding additional content to it ala MK8DX as I've had a suspicion they were planning for something since the Ballot), but since the franchise is one of their top sellers eventually they're going to have to assign someone to work on another one next generation.

Maybe so. But even with the Switch's new technology, it will be very difficult for them to top the best Smash Bros. game, Melee.
I honestly don't think anything short of releasing new prints of Gamecubes with the original Gamecube version and making custom Nintendo CRTVs would ever make Melee fans happy. Even the slightest change would make a newer game too different to be compatible and even a Virtual Console port of Melee would inevitably have some minor technical detail that makes it viewed as inferior.

The best they can shoot for is to improve upon Smash 4 without backsliding, and while that's a tall order for a new game a port should be able to handle it rather easily.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why would they make a new Smash game on the Switch?

It'd have to compete with the greatest fighting game series of all time.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I think eventually, but not right now, at least not an entirely new one.

I think they'll fall back on their original plan for Brawl now that Sakurai's finally done and just port Smash 4 as of right now (while adding additional content to it ala MK8DX as I've had a suspicion they were planning for something since the Ballot), but since the franchise is one of their top sellers eventually they're going to have to assign someone to work on another one next generation..
Now that you mention Brawl, the best Smash Bros. game of all time, it would be a mistake for them not to re-release it on the Switch in HD. If they can do it for Twilight Princess, they can do it for their other most popular Wii game.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Not seeing it opening weekend, but I'm sure as hell going to see it next weekend.

The first Guardians of the Galaxy is one of my favorite movies.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I'm anticipating a Smash Bros 4 port for the Switch with some new content. As always, I'm favoring characters (be it veterans or newcomers), new stages and stages from the 3DS version, Smash Run, and I suppose a more stable online. And yes, I think we'll see something related to Smash at E3. :)

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Now that you mention Brawl, the best Smash Bros. game of all time, it would be a mistake for them not to re-release it on the Switch in HD. If they can do it for Twilight Princess, they can do it for their other most popular Wii game.
Actually, their most popular Wii games were Wii Sports and Mario Kart.

Smash and TP are both blips on the radar by comparison. Funny enough, Smash's legs are closer to the top two, though. Brawl's still selling thousands of copies a year even as recent as 2016. Brawl has got legs Twilight Princess wishes it has. Oh, and Brawl still gets fanfic dedicated to it rather than Smash 4, too. Clearly someone's still playing it on their Wii.

The problem there is largely to do with the fact that they'd have to call up Konami again for it when they hadn't this time and making a good looking port of that is more work than booping over the much prettier and larger rostered Smash 4. Subspace Emissary has a casual appeal that nothing in Smash 4 quite nailed though, as much as the game is derided on a competitive level.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Actually, their most popular Wii games were Wii Sports and Mario Kart.

Smash and TP are both blips on the radar by comparison. Funny enough, Smash's legs are closer to the top two, though. Brawl's still selling thousands of copies a year even as recent as 2016. Brawl has got legs Twilight Princess wishes it has. Oh, and Brawl still gets fanfic dedicated to it rather than Smash 4, too. Clearly someone's still playing it on their Wii.

The problem there is largely to do with the fact that they'd have to call up Konami again for it when they hadn't this time and making a good looking port of that is more work than booping over the much prettier and larger rostered Smash 4. Subspace Emissary has a casual appeal that nothing in Smash 4 quite nailed though, as much as the game is derided on a competitive level.
All of this talk about legs. Let me see your legs, Coricus.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm anticipating a Smash Bros 4 port for the Switch with some new content. As always, I'm favoring characters (be it veterans or newcomers), new stages and stages from the 3DS version, Smash Run, and I suppose a more stable online. And yes, I think we'll see something related to Smash at E3. :)
That would be pretty cool. Though I doubt that a port would have all of that kind of content. I'd be happy if they brought the 3DS stages at least though. That could give the game more legal stages for competitive play. At the very least, Yoshi's story should be legal right? And Lumiose City is only moving platforms if I remember.

I'm aware some of the Omega Stages are legal now, like Omega Wily's Castle and I think Omega Midgar are some of them.

If there's a minor thing I would want to be added, It would be a color edit mode. Maybe give each character two blank color swaps they can make for themselves. Not anything necessary, but it would be neat.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh ****, we're getting Wii Sports HD?

**** yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom